Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,869 members, 7,828,098 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:28 AM

My Brother's Wife Will Not Accept 50k, Monthly Stipend On Family Upkeep - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Brother's Wife Will Not Accept 50k, Monthly Stipend On Family Upkeep (4467 Views)

I’m Dating A Nigerian Minister Who Gives Me N5M For Upkeep — Jay Boogie / I Have A Feeling That My Wife Will Cheat On Me. Here's Why / Why My Wife Will Never Go For Yoga Classes (See Shocking Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Brother's Wife Will Not Accept 50k, Monthly Stipend On Family Upkeep by bigpicture001: 2:20pm On Jul 20, 2021
..yes, it's new marriage life.. he works in the health sector and just had his marriage about 6months months ago ..but twice he has come to the house to express disgust over his wife's grudge of accepting 50k monthly for food upkeep of the house...with just the two of them and she is heavy with pregnancy

He buys all the durable food stuffs and still files out 50k monthly for the remaining to make food throughout the month.. he is just a middle class man..and I know the wife really well, she is not a money demanding lady while they courted...

Please does this mean 50k can't help a woman run a home these days even after buying all the heavyweight foodstuffs in bulk

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Brother's Wife Will Not Accept 50k, Monthly Stipend On Family Upkeep by chukwuibuipob: 2:21pm On Jul 20, 2021
sad
Re: My Brother's Wife Will Not Accept 50k, Monthly Stipend On Family Upkeep by Juliusmomoh: 2:22pm On Jul 20, 2021
Why will he accept when he know how much the husband collect as salary... ... As a living breating man, please don't allow your wife knows how much you earn. It safes life's.

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Brother's Wife Will Not Accept 50k, Monthly Stipend On Family Upkeep by Bola146(f): 2:23pm On Jul 20, 2021
grin as a newly wedded couple with no relations living with you, it's more than enough.. she can save like #30k from it.

16 Likes

Re: My Brother's Wife Will Not Accept 50k, Monthly Stipend On Family Upkeep by Gravity56: 2:27pm On Jul 20, 2021
Wetin be my business inside that one?

Show us the picture of the heavyweight foodstuffs you have bought....

Dont make the poor woman look bad and you innocent.

4 Likes

Re: My Brother's Wife Will Not Accept 50k, Monthly Stipend On Family Upkeep by jaeyking(m): 2:29pm On Jul 20, 2021
Hmm, 50k when managed well might do wonders.
But considering the cost of food items, I would advice they buy food in bulk,

Like bag of rice, carton of Spag and co.

Then we can start talking if 50k will be enough.

Remember location also matters

Myside here.
50k is more than enough for food upkeep in a month
#farmingISourPRIDE

3 Likes

Re: My Brother's Wife Will Not Accept 50k, Monthly Stipend On Family Upkeep by bigpicture001: 2:30pm On Jul 20, 2021
Bola146:
grin as a newly wedded couple with no relations living with you, it's more than enough.. she can save like #30k from it.

Yes lots people said it's enough....just her small brother of say 14 years stay with them...
Re: My Brother's Wife Will Not Accept 50k, Monthly Stipend On Family Upkeep by bigpicture001: 2:32pm On Jul 20, 2021
jaeyking:
Hmm, 50k when managed well might do wonders.
But considering the cost of food items, I would advice they buy food in bulk,

Like bag of rice, carton of Spag and co.

Then we can start talking if 50k will be enough.

Remember location also matters

Myside here.
50k is more than enough for food upkeep in a month
#farmingISourPRIDE

My bro buyz the rice, oil garri ,yam, etc in bulk even bread daily...

Honestly am scared of marriage expenses if it's this costly to manage a home

7 Likes

Re: My Brother's Wife Will Not Accept 50k, Monthly Stipend On Family Upkeep by Obakashdee(m): 2:33pm On Jul 20, 2021
50k for wetin, won’t she spend also? Won’t she buy things and also save, is she working? Please 50k is too smal, let him make it 100k abeg
Re: My Brother's Wife Will Not Accept 50k, Monthly Stipend On Family Upkeep by bigpicture001: 2:35pm On Jul 20, 2021
Obakashdee:
50k for wetin, won’t she spend also? Won’t she buy things and also save, is she working? Please 50k is too smal, let him make it 100k abeg

She is not working yet...she finished NYSC last year...
Re: My Brother's Wife Will Not Accept 50k, Monthly Stipend On Family Upkeep by jaeyking(m): 2:38pm On Jul 20, 2021
bigpicture001:

That's y I say, it depends on the location.
Myside a bread of 150 can do both..

It's more of a rural to developing region
Re: My Brother's Wife Will Not Accept 50k, Monthly Stipend On Family Upkeep by bigpicture001: 2:40pm On Jul 20, 2021
jaeyking:

That's y I say, it depends on the location.
Myside a bread of 150 can do both..

It's more of a rural to developing region

He earns around 110k monthly.....bread is 600 naira here for a good one
Re: My Brother's Wife Will Not Accept 50k, Monthly Stipend On Family Upkeep by Obakashdee(m): 2:44pm On Jul 20, 2021
bigpicture001:

She is not working yet...she finished NYSC last year...
50k is too small then.

1 Like

Re: My Brother's Wife Will Not Accept 50k, Monthly Stipend On Family Upkeep by Bola146(f): 2:50pm On Jul 20, 2021
bigpicture001:

Yes lots people said it's enough....just her small brother of say 14 years stay with them...

As for me, if all food stuffs and beverages are excluded, I'll definitely save #30k monthly since it's just for soups and small things at home.

Modified: even with a family of 4 when the main food stuffs and beverages are excluded, haba if she can't save, 50k is enough abeg, undecided embarassed

10 Likes

Re: My Brother's Wife Will Not Accept 50k, Monthly Stipend On Family Upkeep by Michelle55: 2:50pm On Jul 20, 2021
Bola146:
Drop this sanctimonious act abegi, this is how you will be giving unverified advice as if you've tasted marriage before to know what goes on in there undecided person tell her husband say money no reach, you dey yarn dust. Are you her or is the woman your younger sis? All these pretence no go change anything, man wey go marry you here go still marry you so drop the act.

Have you been to the market lately to know what is really going on, goods worth of 50k wouldn't fill up mini shopping bag unlike before when things are cheap and it's even more difficult seeing that she is expecting. A pregnant woman has cravings and she mustn't depend on her husband to get her those things when she can easily dip her hands into the monthly upkeep to get them, make you no dey yarn opata for here jare. undecided

An expectant mother can see a fine unisex clothes or shoes that she admires and would like to get it for her baby, are you expecting her to wait for her husband to get back from work before she can get it? Wait till you enter your home, then come back and tell us how you run it with 5naira. Save 30k for this Buhari period where person no fit cook pot of soup with 2k again, we hear you ma! Ala koba!

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Brother's Wife Will Not Accept 50k, Monthly Stipend On Family Upkeep by Bola146(f): 2:56pm On Jul 20, 2021
Obakashdee:

50k is too small then.

I know of a couple that the husband earns #45k and the woman is not working, the husband said his wife still manages his salary very well

12 Likes

Re: My Brother's Wife Will Not Accept 50k, Monthly Stipend On Family Upkeep by Bola146(f): 3:00pm On Jul 20, 2021
Michelle55:

Drop this sanctimonious act abegi, this is how you will be giving unverified advice as if you've tasted marriage before to know what goes on in there undecided person tell her husband say money no reach, you dey yarn dust. Are you her or is the woman your younger sis? All these pretence no go change anything, man wey go marry you here go still marry you so drop the act.

Have you been to the market lately to know what is really going on, goods worth of 50k wouldn't fill up mini shopping bag unlike before when things are cheap and it's even more difficult seeing that she is expecting. A pregnant woman has cravings and she mustn't depend on her husband to get her those things when she can easily dip her hands into the monthly upkeep to get them, make you no dey yarn opata for here jare. undecided

An expectant mother can see a fine unisex clothes or shoes that she admires and would like to get it for her baby, are you expecting her to wait for her husband to get back from work before she can get it? Wait till you enter your home, then come back and tell us how you run it with 5naira. Save 30k for this Buhari period where person no fit cook pot of soup with 2k again, we hear you ma! Ala koba!

So cooking soup only will be 10k weekly for two people cheesy cheesy cheesy like seriously Alakoba gidi ni e lipsrsealed na them sad slay mama with empty coconut head cheesy Na them dey find Yahoo Yahoo kids to devour oniranu oshi sad Must you eat all your life with no savings ni? Sorry, you are still kid sad When a couple who doesn't earn up to #60k can manage that. Ko buru... Maybe she want to buy human hair and party clothes grin grin grin

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Brother's Wife Will Not Accept 50k, Monthly Stipend On Family Upkeep by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jul 20, 2021
You're gradually releasing the truth. First you said it's only the two of them. Now you said the 14yr old brother is staying with them.

Anyways, the Money is not small but it's not that big considering the current
Inflation in the economy.

Now, by the time she'll buy other house hold items like soaps for laundary, bathing and some other condinments which may only last two weeks within the month, the money would have been exhausted.

Don't also forget her condition. pregnancy cravings and satifying them requires money which will still come from the same 50k.

I think your brother should consider her and add something to it. Naira no longer has value.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Brother's Wife Will Not Accept 50k, Monthly Stipend On Family Upkeep by Michelle55: 3:07pm On Jul 20, 2021
Bola146:

So cooking soup only will be 10k weekly for two people cheesy cheesy cheesy like seriously Alakoba gidi ni e lipsrsealed
Drop the act Hanty, e no fit you tongue
The problem I have with you is that you don't read to comprehend, your matter tire me gan.
Where in my post did I say she should spend 10k for pot of soup edakun?
Ikegwuru!

5 Likes

Re: My Brother's Wife Will Not Accept 50k, Monthly Stipend On Family Upkeep by Bola146(f): 3:09pm On Jul 20, 2021
Michelle55:

Drop the act Hanty, e no fit you tongue
The problem I have with you is that you don't read to comprehend, your matter tire me gan.
Where in my post did I say she should spend 10k for pot of soup edakun?
Ikegwuru!

Exactly how you couldn't comprehend before writing an episode of advice cheesy cheesy Pele ooooo

13 Likes

Re: My Brother's Wife Will Not Accept 50k, Monthly Stipend On Family Upkeep by Michelle55: 3:25pm On Jul 20, 2021
Bola146:

Exactly how you couldn't comprehend before writing an episode of advice cheesy cheesy Pele
I give up on you long time ago when I noticed you have a problem assimilating words cheesy there's no where in my post that an advice was given, perhaps you should go back to school. Bickering words with you is already causing me headache, Kai. Carry ya brain wey dey on hibernation mode go one side mbok. sad

2 Likes

Re: My Brother's Wife Will Not Accept 50k, Monthly Stipend On Family Upkeep by Bola146(f): 3:30pm On Jul 20, 2021
Michelle55:

I give up on you long time ago when I noticed you have a problem assimilating words cheesy there's no where in my post that an advice was given, perhaps you should go back to school. Bickering words with you is already causing me headache, Kai. Carry ya brain wey dey on hibernation mode go one side mbok. sad

Pele ooo awon slay mama that knows how to comprehend grin empty vessel lipsrsealed

13 Likes

Re: My Brother's Wife Will Not Accept 50k, Monthly Stipend On Family Upkeep by CaroLyner(f): 3:33pm On Jul 20, 2021
Having goals aligned is especially important for couples with only one income-generating spouse: Often the non-working spouse feels guilty about not contributing financially or the working spouse may feel resentful that the money they earn isn’t being spent prudently.

Just like how your friend is currently feeling.

Its quite simple, his wife that’s not working should start something on the side to generate some money, even if it’s just a small amount here and there. It can be anything. It doesn’t matter the amount of money, once she starts to earn something it would reduce the financial burden on him.

4 Likes

Re: My Brother's Wife Will Not Accept 50k, Monthly Stipend On Family Upkeep by placeofallure(f): 3:44pm On Jul 20, 2021
bigpicture001:

No, it's not scary to manage a home. Marriage is sweet when you have a great person to journey with. Things, especially food items, are really expensive these days. But if she won't be buying the main bulk things from the money, she can manage.

By my standard, for 2 people, that's even too much. Kini Jero mi nje? If I take #50k chop for one month, by half of the year, I don chop .3million naira food be that. Say wetin! I know what I could've invested in with that.

Now, she's not me, I'm not her.
Does she go to work? How often do they eat at home? Are they heavy eaters who must take 4 pieces of meat at once?
How often do they receive visitors? Those are the determining factors. I believe with a little adjustment here and there, she could manage and still have a little something to save in case of rainy days.

8 Likes

Re: My Brother's Wife Will Not Accept 50k, Monthly Stipend On Family Upkeep by bigpicture001: 3:55pm On Jul 20, 2021
CharisEleos:
You're gradually releasing the truth. First you said it's only the two of them. Now you said the 14yr old brother is staying with them.

Anyways, the Money is not small but it's not that big considering the current
Inflation in the economy.

Now, by the time she'll buy other house hold items like soaps for laundary, bathing and some other condinments which may only last two weeks within the month, the money would have been exhausted.

Don't also forget her condition. pregnancy cravings and satifying them requires money which will still come from the same 50k.

I think your brother should consider her and add something to it. Naira no longer has value.

She brought in the small boy when she be came obviously too heavy . He is their last male sibling...

1 Like

Re: My Brother's Wife Will Not Accept 50k, Monthly Stipend On Family Upkeep by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jul 20, 2021
bigpicture001:

She brought in the small boy when we be came obviously too heavy . He is their last male sibling...

That's an additional mouth now.

Oh.. did you say "we" so you too are also there? Haba... Abeg tell your brother to double the upkeep sharp sharp Lol...

1 Like

Re: My Brother's Wife Will Not Accept 50k, Monthly Stipend On Family Upkeep by Angy55(f): 4:20pm On Jul 20, 2021
Michelle55:

God bless you for this

1 Like

Re: My Brother's Wife Will Not Accept 50k, Monthly Stipend On Family Upkeep by Kobicove(m): 4:22pm On Jul 20, 2021
The guy should get his wife a job so that she can go and bring in millions since she thinks it's easy! undecided

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Brother's Wife Will Not Accept 50k, Monthly Stipend On Family Upkeep by HalpyBee(f): 4:27pm On Jul 20, 2021
@op, you mentioned that your bro's salary is about 110k and he buys major foodstuffs and as well drops 50k monthly for upkeep. With that, only a small amount of money would be left.

Most people advising are not taking the man's income into consideration.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Brother's Wife Will Not Accept 50k, Monthly Stipend On Family Upkeep by Jman06(m): 4:30pm On Jul 20, 2021
Obakashdee:

50k is too small then.
That 50k is some people's salary in this same country and they make do with it for food and other expenses, yet the lady in this post can't manage 50k just for food ingredients.

She is a greedy asz lady who probably want to start sending his hard earned money to her parents.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Brother's Wife Will Not Accept 50k, Monthly Stipend On Family Upkeep by Obakashdee(m): 4:38pm On Jul 20, 2021
Jman06:
That 50k is some people's salary in this same country and they make do with it for food and other expenses, yet the lady in this post can't manage 50k just for food ingredients.

She is a greedy asz lady who probably want to start sending his hard earned money to her parents.

If it’s someone salary that doesn’t mean she should suffer, she’s not working, 50 is too small
Re: My Brother's Wife Will Not Accept 50k, Monthly Stipend On Family Upkeep by SeekerofTruth1: 4:45pm On Jul 20, 2021
When we till you Blue pilled simps not to Ever get married...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

They're so in Love, But She's 4 Years Older / Is Love Still Blind? / I Fell In Love With A Guy While Impersonating My Elder Sister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.