Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,727 members, 7,831,307 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:51 PM

She Absconded After I Helped Her Get A Loan - Business (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / She Absconded After I Helped Her Get A Loan (37258 Views)

A GTB Employee Helped Bank Customer Set Up Her App, Then ‘Stole’ Her N600k - FIJ / Someone I Helped Turned Against Me / I Helped A Nairalander To Create An Account And He Reported Me To Upwork (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: She Absconded After I Helped Her Get A Loan by Asquare84(m): 9:43am On Jul 25, 2021
Ugonna62:
do you work with loan organisation?

No, I work with a pension fund administrator
Re: She Absconded After I Helped Her Get A Loan by OlawaleBammie: 10:52am On Jul 25, 2021
Hezmatosky:
Can u Marry the person who's the someone you didn't do not have not before love it's can for love it's wasn't �� �� ������
Seems head is paining u grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: She Absconded After I Helped Her Get A Loan by Ugonna62: 11:00am On Jul 25, 2021
Asquare84:

No, I work with a pension fund administrator
ok,today is sunday,i will be in the office tomorrow,may be you can send the required informations about the person,note, we dont do anything without a court order,so you will need to pay for it first befor we can procede,you can call me for more details.
Re: She Absconded After I Helped Her Get A Loan by Johnmarion: 11:10am On Jul 25, 2021
You for fellow abscond too na wink
Re: She Absconded After I Helped Her Get A Loan by IanKirkby(m): 1:03pm On Jul 25, 2021
Kriss216:
To help a Nigerian girl secure a loan is the 3rd most foolish things on earth!

Add it to the list of 1000 ways to die.

1 Like

Re: She Absconded After I Helped Her Get A Loan by Olumaeme: 2:04pm On Jul 25, 2021
Next time, if you have not dealt with someone with money, don't ever do them this kind of favor.

You can beat your chest on someone inky when you have transacted money and they didn't fail.

Well, get the police involved, go and report the case as soon as you can, then try and locate her relatives, and beg them to help you beg her, you can do that on Facebook.

Or update your status on Facebook and tag her if you have tried to reach her and she dosent bulge., but get police involved.
Re: She Absconded After I Helped Her Get A Loan by goodheart02(m): 3:27pm On Jul 25, 2021
kingvicking:
Hello Nairalanders,

I have an issue at hand which I need advice of the best line of action to take.

I use to work in a bank here in Abuja, until I resigned in May 2020 and now work in a finance house (a loan firm, also here in Abuja),

January this year (Jan 2021), one of my former colleagues at the bank called to beg me to help her process a loan with my current firm, as she has an urgent need for money & will pay back in 2 months.

Well, I ignored at first, but after series of begging & pestering me, I considered the risk involved,

She wanted #150,000
Her take home was a little over #100k (after tax & pension).

So I agreed & help her facilitate the loan, she got disbursement & details of interest and maturity date.
2 months down the line, I called to notify her of her repayment, to which the said she will may payment in two days time (the loan due date was 31/03/2021)
But instead of making payments she disappeared,

So first week of April, I went to the bank to check on her & was told she resigned from the bank some weeks ago, ever since then she has been giving me one excuse or the other,

Now, I have been held liable of making the repayment at work, since I was the one who approved the loan and the applicant (the customer has absconded).

Secondly, the particular lady no longer pick my calls, she also moved from her old apartment.

I have all relevant paperwork with me,
Please, your candid advice on the best action to take is really appreciated,

'Begging and pestering you' my foot. If it were a man like you would you have taken such risk? Simply say you wanted to impress her. Now you're here on nairaland disturbing people with long jargons.

Lesson of the day. "Nigerian women are ungrateful"

2 Likes

Re: She Absconded After I Helped Her Get A Loan by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jul 25, 2021
Re: She Absconded After I Helped Her Get A Loan by Gambit23: 7:50pm On Jul 25, 2021
kingvicking:
Hello Nairalanders,

I have an issue at hand which I need advice of the best line of action to take.

I use to work in a bank here in Abuja, until I resigned in May 2020 and now work in a finance house (a loan firm, also here in Abuja),

January this year (Jan 2021), one of my former colleagues at the bank called to beg me to help her process a loan with my current firm, as she has an urgent need for money & will pay back in 2 months.

Well, I ignored at first, but after series of begging & pestering me, I considered the risk involved,

She wanted #150,000
Her take home was a little over #100k (after tax & pension).

So I agreed & help her facilitate the loan, she got disbursement & details of interest and maturity date.
2 months down the line, I called to notify her of her repayment, to which the said she will may payment in two days time (the loan due date was 31/03/2021)
But instead of making payments she disappeared,

So first week of April, I went to the bank to check on her & was told she resigned from the bank some weeks ago, ever since then she has been giving me one excuse or the other,

Now, I have been held liable of making the repayment at work, since I was the one who approved the loan and the applicant (the customer has absconded).

Secondly, the particular lady no longer pick my calls, she also moved from her old apartment.

I have all relevant paperwork with me,
Please, your candid advice on the best action to take is really appreciated,

Report to the police (If u have a police friend, you can go thru him or her).

They will track her wit her phone number and arrest her.
Re: She Absconded After I Helped Her Get A Loan by kingvicking(m): 11:44pm On Jul 25, 2021
goodheart02:

'Begging and pestering you' my foot. If it were a man like you would you have taken such risk?
Lesson of the day. "Nigerian women are ungrateful"

Lol,
I regard men more in all my dealing, cos guys always appreciate ur efforts, unlike the other gender with their frustrating sense of entitlement.
Re: She Absconded After I Helped Her Get A Loan by GreaterFuture(m): 9:24am On Jul 26, 2021
peppermint7:
Go twitter go drop her picture dem go catch am for you
One guy scammed me on twitter now
Who I go tag so catching hi would be easier
Although I don get plans in place sha
I get him FB, him pictures, original name and account/bank details
Re: She Absconded After I Helped Her Get A Loan by peppermint7(m): 11:22am On Jul 26, 2021
GreaterFuture:

One guy scammed me on twitter now
Who I go tag so catching hi would be easier
Although I don get plans in place sha
I get him FB, him pictures, original name and account/bank details
Just go drop am for that twitter
Use the trend lists for that day
Re: She Absconded After I Helped Her Get A Loan by SavageResponse(m): 1:42pm On Jul 26, 2021
Gambit23:

Report to the police (If u have a police friend, you can go thru him or her).

They will track her wit her phone number and arrest her.

You talk as if it's that easy here in Nigeria, besides they will still ask you for money!
Re: She Absconded After I Helped Her Get A Loan by Gambit23: 3:39pm On Jul 26, 2021
SavageResponse:

You talk as if it's that easy here in Nigeria, besides they will still ask you for money!

They wont ask u to pay 150k
Re: She Absconded After I Helped Her Get A Loan by SavageResponse(m): 3:51pm On Jul 26, 2021
Gambit23:

They wont ask u to pay 150k

But they will definitely ask you to pay something.

Personally I have no issue with paying for the service, the main issue I have with this is spending money and at the end they still fail to provide the desired results.

It's plain foolishness to throw money after 'bad money'
Re: She Absconded After I Helped Her Get A Loan by Gambit23: 3:55pm On Jul 26, 2021
SavageResponse:

But they will definitely ask you to pay something.

Personally I have no issue with paying for the service, the main issue I have with this is spending money and at the end they still fail to provide the desired results.

It's plain foolishness to throw money after 'bad money'

It will get desired results

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Top 5 Millionaires Who Made Their Money Online And How They Did It / What Viable Business Can N500k Start In Port Harcourt? / N818,000 Stolen In A Day At Diamond Bank- !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.