Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,713 members, 7,831,230 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:52 PM

Top 10 Popular Nigerian Lies With Enormous Staying Power By Farooq Kperogi - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Top 10 Popular Nigerian Lies With Enormous Staying Power By Farooq Kperogi (35196 Views)

The Tragedy Of The Abba Kyari Surrogate Presidency By Farooq Kperogi / Tinubu’s Dangerous Dance With The Cabal By Farooq Kperogi PhD / 4 Blood Relatives Of President Buhari Who Work In Aso Rock By Farooq Kperogi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Popular Nigerian Lies With Enormous Staying Power By Farooq Kperogi by Amspecial: 7:16pm On Jul 24, 2021
grin
Re: Top 10 Popular Nigerian Lies With Enormous Staying Power By Farooq Kperogi by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jul 24, 2021
nice thread but I didn't see the lie I'm looking for sef
Re: Top 10 Popular Nigerian Lies With Enormous Staying Power By Farooq Kperogi by ThickSharon123(f): 7:16pm On Jul 24, 2021
Racoon:

https://www.farooqkperogi.com/2021/07/top-10-popular-nigerian-lies-with.html?m=1#.YPuQ1bQmLgs.twitter

Please, I do not take people's account anymore and justify my answer with it. How are you sure your history professors and scientists weren't wrong. Find your answers yourself. Haba, kuna diri, sho? grin

For example, once upon a time, historians said Africa had no civilization, but at a certian time evidence began to show up, and the things they kept in history books had to be changed....false intellect, isn't it?

We have nine planets, but it has been changed, Pluto is no longer a planet but a meteorite...false intellect, right?

But it's still being read in history and scientific books. grin

6 Likes

Re: Top 10 Popular Nigerian Lies With Enormous Staying Power By Farooq Kperogi by iLegendd(m): 7:17pm On Jul 24, 2021
Re: Top 10 Popular Nigerian Lies With Enormous Staying Power By Farooq Kperogi by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jul 24, 2021
angry
Re: Top 10 Popular Nigerian Lies With Enormous Staying Power By Farooq Kperogi by lexy2014: 7:18pm On Jul 24, 2021

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Popular Nigerian Lies With Enormous Staying Power By Farooq Kperogi by PHIPEX(m): 7:19pm On Jul 24, 2021
No 11 should be "Igbos don't go to school, they are only traders"

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Popular Nigerian Lies With Enormous Staying Power By Farooq Kperogi by wetdspace(m): 7:20pm On Jul 24, 2021
I want to believe that 90% of Nigerians are zombie
Re: Top 10 Popular Nigerian Lies With Enormous Staying Power By Farooq Kperogi by oyejideogunjumo: 7:20pm On Jul 24, 2021

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Popular Nigerian Lies With Enormous Staying Power By Farooq Kperogi by Saturn101: 7:21pm On Jul 24, 2021
A very insightful write-up. Kudos to the writer.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Popular Nigerian Lies With Enormous Staying Power By Farooq Kperogi by uchennamani(m): 7:23pm On Jul 24, 2021
Re: Top 10 Popular Nigerian Lies With Enormous Staying Power By Farooq Kperogi by MikelIbe: 7:28pm On Jul 24, 2021
I realized that no matter the number of degrees and certificates one acquires, without the knowledge of history, that person is still uneducated.

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Popular Nigerian Lies With Enormous Staying Power By Farooq Kperogi by Ngasky(m): 7:29pm On Jul 24, 2021
Amotolongbo:
I can remember that in 1996 when we were being taught the appellation for states in school, Sokoto was “Born to rule” before it was abolished by Abdulsalam Abubakar
Sorry which book has ever quoted that? And mind you Abdussalam became president in 1998, but he was part of the provisional ruling council of the Army.
1996 is not very far that one will not remember

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Popular Nigerian Lies With Enormous Staying Power By Farooq Kperogi by Jackdean111(m): 7:30pm On Jul 24, 2021
Amotolongbo:
I can remember that in 1996 when we were being taught the appellation for states in school, Sokoto was “Born to rule” before it was abolished by Abdulsalam Abubakar
Good evening anty.. I want to tell you something ma. Permission to quote you on an old thread? ... Not what u may think ma
Re: Top 10 Popular Nigerian Lies With Enormous Staying Power By Farooq Kperogi by SmartPolician: 7:31pm On Jul 24, 2021
Why does this man's articles always make it to the front page on Nairaland? Does he pay for the service? undecided

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Popular Nigerian Lies With Enormous Staying Power By Farooq Kperogi by Jostoman: 7:34pm On Jul 24, 2021
EXLOVER:
1. 72 Virgins awaits you as a result of your sacrifice.

2. God said 20 people should come and drop #5000 each

3. I will create 50 million jobs
grin grin
Re: Top 10 Popular Nigerian Lies With Enormous Staying Power By Farooq Kperogi by eastOFwest(m): 7:35pm On Jul 24, 2021
Racoon:

https://www.farooqkperogi.com/2021/07/top-10-popular-nigerian-lies-with.html?m=1#.YPuQ1bQmLgs.twitter

10. That money from the North funded oil exploration in the South. Northerners cherish this mysterious claim. But not a dime of northern Nigeria’s money contributed to oil exploration in the Niger Delta.

When oil was discovered in commercial quantities in Oloibiri in 1956, Shell bore the financial burden for the exploration. Other Euro-American oil companies later joined in oil exploration. It wasn’t until 1973 that the Nigerian federal government acquired 30 percent shares in oil companies. By 1973, Northern Nigeria had ceased to exist because it had been divided into states.

In any case, the South earned more money from palm oil, coal & cocoa than the North did from groundnuts and cotton. If the colonial government of the 1950s were interested in using government funds to explore oil in the South, it would use the South’s money, not the North’s. But neither colonial governments nor immediate post-independence regional and federal governments invested in oil exploration

I hope this is clear.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Popular Nigerian Lies With Enormous Staying Power By Farooq Kperogi by seunayantokun(m): 7:39pm On Jul 24, 2021
Amotolongbo:

I think you are right. Farooq also lied.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Popular Nigerian Lies With Enormous Staying Power By Farooq Kperogi by Throwback: 7:40pm On Jul 24, 2021
In fact, that abolishing of History as a subject has been repeated often by many ignorant minds on Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Popular Nigerian Lies With Enormous Staying Power By Farooq Kperogi by Franking: 7:41pm On Jul 24, 2021
Islam forbids muslims from enslaving muslims? Doesn't it forbid murdering of fellow muslims too?

Or maybe muslims refuse to obey or they obey whichever that tickles their fancy.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Popular Nigerian Lies With Enormous Staying Power By Farooq Kperogi by wellmax(m): 7:44pm On Jul 24, 2021
Amotolongbo:

You are very correct. Faruk needs to check up his facts.

Modified.

I just did a little research now.
Faruk is right. Never was it 'Born to rule'. It has always been 'Seat of the Caliphate'

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Popular Nigerian Lies With Enormous Staying Power By Farooq Kperogi by DSoj(m): 7:45pm On Jul 24, 2021
So how do all these affect price of garrri?. Mcheeww

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Popular Nigerian Lies With Enormous Staying Power By Farooq Kperogi by Eriokanmi: 7:47pm On Jul 24, 2021
Thanks Kperogi. I've also tried hard to liberate the fake disciples of government of change on this matter in the past

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Popular Nigerian Lies With Enormous Staying Power By Farooq Kperogi by Theunbothered: 7:48pm On Jul 24, 2021

7. That Usman Danfodiyo brought Islam to Nigeria. No, he didn’t. The presence of Islam in Nigeria, as I pointed out previously, preceded the Usman Danfodio jihad by several centuries. What Danfodio did was to reform Islam where it already existed. And this happened only in the 19th century. The earliest record of Islamic presence in northern Nigeria (in the ancient Kanem- Borno Empire to be specific) dates back to the 9th century, that is, just two centuries away from the birth of Islam in the Arabian Peninsula.

This claim is only half true. Usman Dan Fodio's jihad wanted to stop the animist religious systems that made up majority of Hausaland at the time. Many Hausa kings were killed and individuals who didn't stop their previous religious practices and convert to Islam were also killed.

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Popular Nigerian Lies With Enormous Staying Power By Farooq Kperogi by TinubuGoQuench(f): 7:49pm On Jul 24, 2021
Racoon:
The biggest lie, scam and fraud ever pulled in Nigeria's histroy is this present shameless, clueless, impactless, rudderless, clueless, but wicked & satanic change upgraded next level govt.It is simply unprecedented in lies, propaganda, bad-governance, repression, oppression and suppression.

You are very right

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Popular Nigerian Lies With Enormous Staying Power By Farooq Kperogi by iambijo(m): 7:57pm On Jul 24, 2021
Amotolongbo:
those teachers cheated you.
Re: Top 10 Popular Nigerian Lies With Enormous Staying Power By Farooq Kperogi by Theunbothered: 7:58pm On Jul 24, 2021
Franking:
Islam forbids muslims from enslaving muslims? Doesn't it forbid murdering of fellow muslims too?

Or maybe muslims refuse to obey or they obey whichever that tickles their fancy.

That's not true at all, many Muslims were frequently enslaved

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Popular Nigerian Lies With Enormous Staying Power By Farooq Kperogi by iambijo(m): 7:58pm On Jul 24, 2021
Theunbothered:

This claim is only half true. Usman Dan Fodio's jihad wanted to stop the animist religious systems that made up majority of Hausaland at the time. Many Hausa kings were killed and individuals who didn't stop their previous religious practices and convert to Islam were also killed.
quote your source my friend or stop spreading misinformation.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Popular Nigerian Lies With Enormous Staying Power By Farooq Kperogi by iambijo(m): 8:00pm On Jul 24, 2021
SmartPolician:
Why does this man's articles always make it to the front page on Nairaland? Does he pay for the service? undecided
his articles are educative and factual.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Popular Nigerian Lies With Enormous Staying Power By Farooq Kperogi by GeneralPula: 8:05pm On Jul 24, 2021
Alimi, the progenitor of the current ruling family in Ilorin, was an itinerant Fulani preacher in Yoruba land whom Afonja volitionally invited to Ilorin. Afonja wanted Alimi to be his spiritual guardian (or “Alfa”) to ward off what he thought were the machinations of the Alaafin of Oyo with whom he was locked in long-drawn-out supremacy battles. After settling in Ilorin, many of Alimi’s Yoruba students from different parts of Yoruba land decided to follow him to his new home.

In time, Alimi grew so popular that Afonja feared that he would eclipse him, so he asked Alimi to leave, which caused frictions.

[b]Alimi was never any fulani preacher in Yoruba land.
Afonja didn’t invite Alimi to Yoruba land. Lol spiritual guidance ma foot? Afonja himself is spiritual on his own... What a dumb thing to say..

Afonja was a warrior. He fought & won all battles. After so many conquered battles, he decided to retire from fighting. He also didn’t want any of his comrades to grow up not having any life apart from having to fight. Then he put a stop to fighting..

He was growing old..

It was after Afonja had stopped fighting battles that Alimi came to meet Afonja in ilorin. Alimi came to Ilorin as a voyager, not as if he’s been in Yoruba land before..

Alimi then told Afonja that he was an Arabic preacher, that he preaches Goodness all around - that was where he captured Afonja’s attention... (You know he’s been wanting a special life for all his comrades)..

Long story short...After Alimi had stayed as a guest in Afonja’s palace for several days, he then proposed to Afonja that he should let his comrades to come seek Arabic knowledge in his land, where Alimi came from..

Afonja’s didn’t bother to doubt him cuz he wasn’t viewing Alimi as somebody with an evil intention. His late dad appeared to him in the dream to warn him never to release his comrades but Afonja didn’t follow. He had believed he won’t be fighting anymore..

Afonja released his comrades but not all. Meanwhile Alimi also came along with some of his student’s. Alimi also decided to let some of his students to stay back at Ilorin with Afonja. Alimi left with Afonja’s men which they were all killed!

After 3 months, Alimi came with full battalion to fight Afonja - an old man with few men. He killed as much as his power can grab but he was eventually captured and got killed - before he stopped breathing, he told Alimi that the land he’s wanting to grab will never be HIS..

After he died, Alimi got the shocked of his life as people changed calling Ilorin to Ilorin-Afonja. He didn’t know how the name evolved and spread. The single name didn’t let him have full power over the land before he got killed.. Infact, I didn’t think he lived for years before getting killed.. [/b]
Re: Top 10 Popular Nigerian Lies With Enormous Staying Power By Farooq Kperogi by Theunbothered: 8:08pm On Jul 24, 2021
iambijo:
quote your source my friend or stop spreading misinformation.

https://www.legit.ng/1160422-life-times-usman-dan-fodio-1754-1817.html

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Umahi's Sack: President Buhari In Close Door Meeting With Umahi (Photos) / Buhari To Unveil New Naira Notes Wednesday / Real Madrid Football Academy Port Harcourt To Be Ready By May Ending - Wike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.