Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,501 members, 7,819,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

What Is The Best Advice Someone Has Ever Given You ? - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Is The Best Advice Someone Has Ever Given You ? (19483 Views)

How Can You Tell If A Coronavirus Vaccine Has Given You Immunity? / This Is By Far One Of The Best Advice In 2017 / What's The Longest Time NEPA Has Given You Steady Light. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Best Advice Someone Has Ever Given You ? by madukaanaya(m): 4:38pm On Jul 31, 2021
an old woman i met in lagos.she advised me to leave nigeria no matter what.she said that was her only regret only if she was younger.i am talking a woman who has 102 shops and 5 houses in lagos.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Best Advice Someone Has Ever Given You ? by easzypeaszy(m): 4:40pm On Jul 31, 2021
MufasaLion:
I don't take advise, I advise people.
u r dead on arrival cheesy grin
Re: What Is The Best Advice Someone Has Ever Given You ? by sylve11: 4:41pm On Jul 31, 2021
Stay away from anything that doesn't belong to you.

What your eyes do not see, do not say it even when your eyes sees it, still do not say.
Mind your business.
My father told me so.

A child who is not ashamed to do any genuine manner of job will go far in life.
Be prayerful as well.
My mother told me so. cool

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Best Advice Someone Has Ever Given You ? by Dindondin(m): 4:42pm On Jul 31, 2021
Juliusmomoh:
Mine is : momsy advice me to be contended with what i have.... Now no one can impress me with any flashy life-style. ... The only thing wey you fit take impress me now na when you take picture with God... If not, forget it. .........

Now over to you.
2 diff uncles said, guy aren't you an artist? Be creative. Create jobs for yourself. That's the beginning of my success story

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Advice Someone Has Ever Given You ? by Gravity56: 4:43pm On Jul 31, 2021
Stop bet9ja Virtual (Gambling).

Stop excessive alcohol.

Avoid Nigerian women.

Save More.!!!!!! Less Spending

Your life will be better.

9 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Advice Someone Has Ever Given You ? by captainamiedi1: 4:47pm On Jul 31, 2021
The best advice na the one you give yourself

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Advice Someone Has Ever Given You ? by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jul 31, 2021
doscar:
You either pray or worry, don't do both!
Great advice; copying this.
Re: What Is The Best Advice Someone Has Ever Given You ? by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jul 31, 2021
EmekaBlue:
Don't over put your mind and expect things from people. If it comes good, if it doesn't move on. Everybody is fighting his/her own battle #Dad

Yes ooo! This is one of my sure guides in life. I don't expect much from people. Men are liable to fvck up sometimes. With such mentality, you will be able to make peace with others.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Advice Someone Has Ever Given You ? by Youngjoeb(m): 4:50pm On Jul 31, 2021
"Mind your business"

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Advice Someone Has Ever Given You ? by zanogo(m): 4:50pm On Jul 31, 2021
.....by mistake, I told the man I prefer years that ends with even numbers than the odd ones, that the odd ones are harder to navigate ( actually speaking from personal experience),

The man immediately rebuked me, he told me when he was younger he used to be like me, he detested meeting a man as the first person of contact early in the morning, if such happens, that would have a rough day but if a female was the first person of contact, that would be a glorious day, not until he went for a church service and they treated " the power behind jinx and hindrances "

He said it was made known to him that evil forces feeds on negative thoughts of the human mind, it is better to keep a clean state of mind, since then he does not bother again on who he sees first when he wakes up and he has been having positive results.

The man told me not to believe in any jinx or limitations orchestrated by one's mind and since that time all the years irrespective of the number ending it has been splendid

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Advice Someone Has Ever Given You ? by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jul 31, 2021
Never eat what you earn with your two hands

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Advice Someone Has Ever Given You ? by Matheo01: 4:51pm On Jul 31, 2021
Always tell yourself the truth.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Advice Someone Has Ever Given You ? by ubola: 4:51pm On Jul 31, 2021
Travelled from Cally to Uyo to visit my Uncle who was a lecturer for little pocket money those uni days. Informed him of my coming and the reason which he answered in the affirmative. After spending 3 days and about to leave for school, this man began to advise me for 2 hours and at the end could not provide transportation fair for me to go back with. I began to beg people and neighbors for t-fair. That's the best advice I ever had, won't forget.

6 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Advice Someone Has Ever Given You ? by johnnypumpum(m): 4:52pm On Jul 31, 2021
NEVA GIVE UP.......SUICIDE IS NEVA AN OPTION..... MY UNCLE
Re: What Is The Best Advice Someone Has Ever Given You ? by Dayotheeone(m): 4:56pm On Jul 31, 2021
MufasaLion:
I don't take advise, I advise people.
Sorry o, do people take you for granted?
Re: What Is The Best Advice Someone Has Ever Given You ? by Bigseven(m): 4:58pm On Jul 31, 2021
Not TO SUPPORT OR vote APC!
Re: What Is The Best Advice Someone Has Ever Given You ? by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jul 31, 2021
Duchessree:
My parents always advice that i should be contended with what i have.

Contented, you meant.
Re: What Is The Best Advice Someone Has Ever Given You ? by damoobaba: 5:05pm On Jul 31, 2021
BadRadio:
https://chat.

whatsapp.com

/E9arKjTTYVf4ot82Ga4EGh

Connect the link above

Limited slot remaining.... we are collectively looking to achieve 1k sub and 4000 hrs watch time for 200 youtube accounts.

Group still open. Only Nigerians. +234 non Nigeriana will be removed.

Thanks

How can I join
Re: What Is The Best Advice Someone Has Ever Given You ? by Humanoid01(m): 5:06pm On Jul 31, 2021
KiNg0G:
They is a difference between been Nice and been Polite
“Being” bros, “being” .

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Advice Someone Has Ever Given You ? by Dreadlock69(m): 5:11pm On Jul 31, 2021
Las las nah wetin dey my mind I go do

Life's good, good, oh

Real shit, real shit, never tell a lie
Real shit, never tell a lie (Yeah, ayy, what?)
Real shit, real shit, never tell a lie
Real shit, never tell a lie (Yeah, ayy)

Life's good so I'm living great (Great)
I hit up my lady, we should take a vacay ('Cay)
Eatin' good, see it on our plate (Yeah)
I know that they hate me (Yeah, yeah, yeah)
I see it on their face (Hey)

You see I'm livin' great (Yeah)
Big crib, need a new estate (Yeah)
Money goin' into real estate (Yeah)
Life's good, life's great (Yeah, yeah)
Stomach big, I already ate (Yeah, yeah)
I'm a stingy nigga, won't pass the plate (Yeah, yeah)
Try to ball while they're playin' keep away (Yeah, yeah)
Try to ball while they're playin' keep away, yeah (Yeah, yeah)
Re: What Is The Best Advice Someone Has Ever Given You ? by olamoses75(m): 5:12pm On Jul 31, 2021
"It's only a foolish man that go into covenant with a woman" shout out to my GRANDMA

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Best Advice Someone Has Ever Given You ? by KiNg0G: 5:15pm On Jul 31, 2021
Humanoid01:

“Being” bros, “being” .
Thanks sir.

What do you think about the advice though.
Re: What Is The Best Advice Someone Has Ever Given You ? by Tapout(m): 5:16pm On Jul 31, 2021
Juliusmomoh:
Mine is : momsy advice me to [be contended with what i have.... Now no one can impress me with any flashy life-style. ... The only thing wey you fit take impress me now na when you take picture with God... If not, forget it. .........

Now over to you.

That advice is very misleading. How on earth can one be contented/satisfied with what he/she has, when the world is evolving at a constant rate??
You will get to a point where that which you are satisfied with can't take you any further.

It should be
"Be contented with what you have while striving to gain more!!"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Best Advice Someone Has Ever Given You ? by ariefadenco: 5:21pm On Jul 31, 2021
Plut01:

This advice ehn Someone said it to my brother 20 years ago......Now, brother can sell stone to devil and still collect commission.

It is harsh but so effective in this Capitalist world.

Lol...and very effective.
Re: What Is The Best Advice Someone Has Ever Given You ? by ariefadenco: 5:25pm On Jul 31, 2021
sonnie10:

Same thing Oga Abba did.

Abba breached the rule of crime. It is very surprising of a man of his standard. The rule is;

1. Don't put anything incriminating into writing, it will be used as exhibit against you in the court of law.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Best Advice Someone Has Ever Given You ? by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jul 31, 2021
damoobaba:

How can I join
connect the WhatsApp link above
Re: What Is The Best Advice Someone Has Ever Given You ? by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jul 31, 2021
A Chinese man ones adviced me to learn how to use people to do my work and not do everything my self.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Best Advice Someone Has Ever Given You ? by Litmus: 5:26pm On Jul 31, 2021
Whenever faced with options, the one you least like is the one that almost always leads to success.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Best Advice Someone Has Ever Given You ? by CavemanDefuturo: 5:28pm On Jul 31, 2021
My uncle now late... Advised me to insist I want to leave the country immediately after secondary school...the resources was available then, I wish I listened and did as he said. sad

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Advice Someone Has Ever Given You ? by joinnow: 5:30pm On Jul 31, 2021
learning from mistakes grin

Re: What Is The Best Advice Someone Has Ever Given You ? by phemmyfour: 5:32pm On Jul 31, 2021
Juliusmomoh:
Mine is : momsy advice me to be contended with what i have.... Now no one can impress me with any flashy life-style. ... The only thing wey you fit take impress me now na when you take picture with God... If not, forget it. .........

Now over to you.
Be yourself, don't try to impress anyone especially ladies

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Osun Workers Resume Strike After Seven Weeks Strike / Are North Sudanese People Black / A Mathematical Approach To Making It In Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.