Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,754 members, 7,851,586 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:37 PM

NAWAO. GEJ Is Quite Serious About This SGF Post. Does He Know What We Don't? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NAWAO. GEJ Is Quite Serious About This SGF Post. Does He Know What We Don't? (1723 Views)

Tinubu, Akande Made My Appointment Possible – Lawal, SGF / Photos From The Swearing In Ceremony Of New SGF, NSA & Adesina / How Fashola Was Schemed Out Of SGF Post (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NAWAO. GEJ Is Quite Serious About This SGF Post. Does He Know What We Don't? by dempeople(m): 10:12pm On May 15, 2011
[size=13pt]***** Please, no tribalistic abuse in any form is tolerated here. *****[/size]

[size=13pt]*****    A good behaviour is always appreciated. Thanks.  *****[/size]

[size=14pt]Jonathan shops for female SGF[/size]

*Okonjo-Iweala may emerge

The former Minister of Finance, and Foreign Affairs, who is also the current Managing Director of the World Bank, Dr. Mrs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, is said to be in top consideration for the position of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), as a source in the Presidential Villa told the Nigerian Compass on Sunday that President Goodluck Jonathan is considering a female for the position.
According to the source, President Jonathan is shopping for a woman from the South-East to be appointed as SGF.
The source, however, said that the presidency is yet to communicate any commitment to Okonjo-Iewala, “as other possible options are being considered should she refuse.”

The source added that part of Jonathan’s choice of a woman for the position is due to small number of women in elective positions from the last general elections, and his electoral promise of involving women in key positions in the government.

The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), had at its Expanded National Caucus meeting, zoned the position of the SGF to the South-East, it was also reliably gathered.
According to that recommendation, the North East zone is expected to produce the National Chairman of the party and the Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives; North Central zone is to take the position of the President of the Senate; South West is to take the position of the Speaker of the House of Representatives; the South East, Deputy President of the Senate and Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF); the South South, the House Leader, and Senate Leader while the South East would also produce the Chief Whip of the House.

http://www.compassnewspaper.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=6123:jonathan-shops-for-female-sgf&catid=308:headlines&Itemid=600
Re: NAWAO. GEJ Is Quite Serious About This SGF Post. Does He Know What We Don't? by dempeople(m): 10:15pm On May 15, 2011
Has it come to this?
Re: NAWAO. GEJ Is Quite Serious About This SGF Post. Does He Know What We Don't? by Obiagu1(m): 10:24pm On May 15, 2011
Make her the SGF

This is a plot to kill her political prospect. Don't be surprise if she gets framed up.

Rubbish! angry
Re: NAWAO. GEJ Is Quite Serious About This SGF Post. Does He Know What We Don't? by tayoast(m): 10:31pm On May 15, 2011
Y would u think he has an ulterior motive?

U pple r Paranoid for no justifiable reason
Re: NAWAO. GEJ Is Quite Serious About This SGF Post. Does He Know What We Don't? by dempeople(m): 10:33pm On May 15, 2011
Obiagu1:

Make her the SGF

This is a plot to kill her political prospect. Don't be surprise if she gets framed up.

Rubbish! angry

Nwanne ihe nkea buzikwa ihe ihere. O gini ka-aga akpo ya? Dem no gree for us o.  angry
Re: NAWAO. GEJ Is Quite Serious About This SGF Post. Does He Know What We Don't? by Obiagu1(m): 10:42pm On May 15, 2011
tayo_ast:

We've seen how they made Dora Minister of Re-brand Corrupt Nigeria and how it ended.
Just go away!   angry

dem_people:

Nwanne ihe nkea buzikwa ihe ihere. O gini ka-aga akpo ya? Dem no gree for us o.  angry

Ike gwuru.
Re: NAWAO. GEJ Is Quite Serious About This SGF Post. Does He Know What We Don't? by tayoast(m): 10:47pm On May 15, 2011
Obiagu1:

We've seen how they made Dora Minister of Re-brand Corrupt Nigeria and how it ended.
Just go away!   

So wat did 'they' do to Dora?
Re: NAWAO. GEJ Is Quite Serious About This SGF Post. Does He Know What We Don't? by Chyz2: 10:50pm On May 15, 2011
Jonathan is starting to make me sick! I'll dare him. Why would she leave the World Bank for such a useless postion? Does he think she is as dumb as him? Is she not from the SS? Since that is the case he is clearly trying to cause divide amongst the Igbo.
Re: NAWAO. GEJ Is Quite Serious About This SGF Post. Does He Know What We Don't? by dempeople(m): 10:53pm On May 15, 2011
tayo_ast:

I hold this woman in very very high esteem. She's the most politically marketable Igbo person alive. I support Obiagu's initial comment cos that's why I put this article up here. I wouldn't want a situation where her personality is rubbished in the job. She's vintage. Not to be negatively tampered with.
Re: NAWAO. GEJ Is Quite Serious About This SGF Post. Does He Know What We Don't? by Beaf: 10:58pm On May 15, 2011
Maybe she could become the first female VP or even President. The SGF post is even closer to the President than the VP one.
Re: NAWAO. GEJ Is Quite Serious About This SGF Post. Does He Know What We Don't? by tayoast(m): 11:00pm On May 15, 2011
dem_people:

I hold this woman in very very high esteem. She's the most politically marketable Igbo person alive. I support Obiagu's initial comment cos that's why I put this article up here. I wouldn't want a situation where her personality is rubbished in the job. She's vintage. Not to be negatively tampered with.

y would u think GEJ is out to rubbish her or tarnish her good image? come on
Re: NAWAO. GEJ Is Quite Serious About This SGF Post. Does He Know What We Don't? by Chyz2: 11:06pm On May 15, 2011
Beaf:

Maybe she could become the first female VP or even President. The SGF is even closer to the President than the VP one.

Beaf, do you not see the insult in this. Ngozi Iweala, a SGF position? Come on now. I'll dare he. Aren't they, the PDP, the ones that said that position should go to the SE? Well, Ngozi Iweala is from the SS so what gives? Do you not think the move is a way of trying to stir up division amongst the Igbos? Is she not good enough for a ministerial position? HAHA, Anyi ga-ekuzi GJ a lesson.
Re: NAWAO. GEJ Is Quite Serious About This SGF Post. Does He Know What We Don't? by EzeUche2(m): 11:06pm On May 15, 2011
How dare this fisherman continue to insult the Ndigbo! angry
Re: NAWAO. GEJ Is Quite Serious About This SGF Post. Does He Know What We Don't? by dempeople(m): 11:07pm On May 15, 2011
Beaf:

Maybe she could become the first female VP or even President. The SGF is even closer to the President than the VP one.

How did you come about this? In what terms?

tayo_ast:

y would u think GEJ is out to rubbish her or tarnish her good image? come on

Non of us has the benefit of hindsight here to predict what could happen but realistically, with the present political climate, one is afraid!

BTW it'll be a miracle for GEJ if she accepts the post. We're talking about a principled personality here and not a political jobber.
Re: NAWAO. GEJ Is Quite Serious About This SGF Post. Does He Know What We Don't? by EzeUche2(m): 11:10pm On May 15, 2011
Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala will not accept this position. Who does Jonathan think he is trying to give this position that is far below her pedigree.

This woman should be the president, not this man who is a so called doctor in zoology.
Re: NAWAO. GEJ Is Quite Serious About This SGF Post. Does He Know What We Don't? by zstranger: 11:11pm On May 15, 2011
Thats just fine for her.

Let her go suck GEJ's dyyck for a while. DOra did it, for Yaradumb and odechukwu.

Its time we exposed her stupidity and incompetence like the rest ( Dora, Emeagwali, Iwu, Okadigbo, etc)

No more taking credits for others' achievements!
Re: NAWAO. GEJ Is Quite Serious About This SGF Post. Does He Know What We Don't? by dempeople(m): 11:14pm On May 15, 2011
EzeUche_:

Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala will not accept this position. Who does Jonathan think he is trying to give this position that is far below her pedigree.

This woman should be the president, not this man who is a so called doctor in zoology.

Daalu nwanne. Very supported. You accurately read my mind.

zstranger:

Thats just fine for her.

Let her go suck GEJ's dyyck for a while. DOra did it, for Yaradumb and odechukwu.

Its time we exposed her stupidity and incompetence like the rest ( Dora, Emeagwali, Iwu, Okadigbo, etc)

No more taking credits for others' achievements!

It was for the likes of you that I wrote a message in red just above the article post. Try and read it and behave yourself.
Re: NAWAO. GEJ Is Quite Serious About This SGF Post. Does He Know What We Don't? by oderemo(m): 11:19pm On May 15, 2011
@ezeuche, u will incur the anger of the ultimate cave man oh.
be careful oh. .
Re: NAWAO. GEJ Is Quite Serious About This SGF Post. Does He Know What We Don't? by ektbear: 11:26pm On May 15, 2011
Most of these positions, their power is essentially what the president allows, yes?

So if you give a powerful person the SGF post and give them lots of control, then why won't the position become powerful too?

Just playing devil's advocate a bit here.
Re: NAWAO. GEJ Is Quite Serious About This SGF Post. Does He Know What We Don't? by zstranger: 11:27pm On May 15, 2011
dem_people:

It was for the likes of you that I wrote a message in red just below the URL link in the article post. Try and read it and behave yourself.

How is my post tribalistic?

She is incompetent, just like Emeagwali, Dora, Iwu, Madueke, Deziani Allison-Madueke, Okadigbo etc

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/National/5684996-146/aondoakaa_is_a_thug_say_us.csp

It was "Mansur Muhtar, the then Minister of Finance, who played THE major role in the negotiations that led to Nigeria's exit from the Paris and London Clubs of creditors," not the highly incompetent Okonjo Iweala!
Re: NAWAO. GEJ Is Quite Serious About This SGF Post. Does He Know What We Don't? by zstranger: 11:30pm On May 15, 2011
Beaf:

Maybe she could become the first female VP or even President. The SGF post is even closer to the President than the VP one.

That is why she, and not HE, is being considered. If I were GEj, I would have given it to Bianca.
Re: NAWAO. GEJ Is Quite Serious About This SGF Post. Does He Know What We Don't? by EzeUche2(m): 11:32pm On May 15, 2011
Just ignore zstranger, the paper lion is still hurting from the mortal wound I gave him in the other thread.

He has been castrated.
Re: NAWAO. GEJ Is Quite Serious About This SGF Post. Does He Know What We Don't? by dempeople(m): 11:35pm On May 15, 2011
zstranger:

That is why she, and not HE, is being considered. If I were GEj, I would have given it to Bianca.

Are u okay or you're just being unnecessarily sexist?

zstranger:

How is my post tribalistic?

She is incompetent, just like Emeagwali, Dora, Iwu, Madueke, Deziani Allison-Madueke, Okadigbo etc

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/National/5684996-146/aondoakaa_is_a_thug_say_us.csp

It was "Mansur Muhtar, the then Minister of Finance, who played THE major role in the negotiations that led to Nigeria's exit from the Paris and London Clubs of creditors," not the highly incompetent Okonjo Iweala!

Guy I've read that article when 234next published it via wikileaks. For the fact that it said he played a major role doesn't mean it wasn't Okonjo-Iweala that did the utmost. Just for the fact that Mrs. Iweala wasn't mentioned doesn't mean she played a minor part. Try and get it.
Re: NAWAO. GEJ Is Quite Serious About This SGF Post. Does He Know What We Don't? by zstranger: 11:45pm On May 15, 2011
dem_people:

Are u okay or you're just being unnecessarily sexist?

After all, Ibo females are the most beautiful in the world, not to talk of their easy grasp of bed-matics.

Guy I've read that article when 234next published it via wikileaks. For the fact that it said he played a major role doesn't mean it wasn't Okonjo-Iweala that did the utmost. Just for the fact that Mrs. Iweala wasn't mentioned doesn't mean she played a minor part. Try and get it.

I agree with you. Its all conspiracy, engineered, of course by OBJ and his Yoruba cronies, to discredit Okonjo Iweala.

Anyhoo, Let her start from here, if she proves herself, then we can start thinking of giving her something more challenging.

She really doesnt have much to do to prove her capability, going by the standards set by her predecessor. As long as she doesnt go into Dame's kitchen in the next four years, she would be fine.
Re: NAWAO. GEJ Is Quite Serious About This SGF Post. Does He Know What We Don't? by EzeUche2(m): 11:46pm On May 15, 2011
dem_people, ignore the fool before he gets you to derail your own thread.
Re: NAWAO. GEJ Is Quite Serious About This SGF Post. Does He Know What We Don't? by dempeople(m): 11:55pm On May 15, 2011
^^^^^^

Well received bro. Could help myself not arguing with a recycling fool!
Re: NAWAO. GEJ Is Quite Serious About This SGF Post. Does He Know What We Don't? by Nobody: 11:58pm On May 15, 2011
Anywaz, can Nigerians get to more important business like local developments?

Most of these positions, at the end, wont be helping the common citizens. When has speakership, SGF, or whatever helped the common man? Keep discussing politicians who will later end up pocketing our money for themselves.
Re: NAWAO. GEJ Is Quite Serious About This SGF Post. Does He Know What We Don't? by dempeople(m): 12:44am On May 16, 2011
^^^^^^

Its thoughts such as yours that make me feel like proposing. . .   kiss  cool

Keep it up.  wink

[size=2pt]SE still needs the S.P or H.S.[/size]
Re: NAWAO. GEJ Is Quite Serious About This SGF Post. Does He Know What We Don't? by alex101(m): 1:01am On May 16, 2011
To even think of this in the 1st place is an insult angry How can you leave as the VP of the world bank and be a SFG of the devil's paradise called nigeria undecided

Well, if she accept such post, then she is an efulefu angry
Re: NAWAO. GEJ Is Quite Serious About This SGF Post. Does He Know What We Don't? by zstranger: 1:33am On May 16, 2011
alex101:

To even think of this in the 1st place is an insult angry How can you leave as the VP of the world bank and be a SFG of the devil's paradise called nigeria undecided

Well, if she accept such post, then she is an efulefu angry

Are we talking of the same Bretton Woods Institutions being run by doofuses like Iweala, Paul Wolfowitz, and that r/a/p/i/s/t, whats his name again, oh yeah, hun, Dominique Strauss-Kahn?

The same World bank that came up with SAP for developing countries in the 90s?
Re: NAWAO. GEJ Is Quite Serious About This SGF Post. Does He Know What We Don't? by alex101(m): 2:33am On May 16, 2011
zstranger:

Are we talking of the same Bretton Woods Institutions being run by doofuses like Iweala, Paul Wolfowitz, and that r/a/p/i/s/t, whats his name again, oh yeah, hun, Dominique Strauss-Kahn?

The same World bank that came up with SAP for developing countries in the 90s?

@ the bolded you're absolutely correct about the WB's activities vis-a-vis SAP in the 90s. Although my friend, it takes two to tangle, don't you think? The
world bank (WB) is like every other bank, out there to make profit- either by hook or crook. Nigeria and other developing countries in africa (and the world) were not forced to accept the policy of SAP, but because of greedy leaders, they chose to. BTW do you know that the IMF and WB tried thesame prank on venezuela, but failed because Venezuela is ruled by a patriot in the person of Hugo Chavez.
To cut a long story short, WB "imposed" SAP on nigeria because nigeria was and is still being ruled by unpatriotic leaders,,,,,all the white man have to do is promise them and their family some sort of "green card" and the rest will be history embarassed IMO, I believe in saving ourselves by ourselves cool
Re: NAWAO. GEJ Is Quite Serious About This SGF Post. Does He Know What We Don't? by koruji(m): 2:44am On May 16, 2011
Exactly. Those behind this agitation are not thinking about what a technocrat could do in the position of SGF for the benefit of all. Or may be they are engaged in some sort of reverse psychology That person is going to be involved in the day to day running of the government, and privy to any policy decision. That would allow him/her to influence policies for good or bad.

Here is a trade the SW should take: SE takes the Speaker position and give up the Head of Army/SGF to the SW - I'll take that trade any day.

Beaf:

(1) (2) (Reply)

a / Bishop David Oyedepo Speaks About Slapping A "witch" Female Member Of His Church / Fg-declares August 20 And 21st As Public Holiday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.