Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,108 members, 7,863,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 08:09 AM

Gov Ortom Petitions UN Over Miyetti Allah-Terrorists Killings In Benue State - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov Ortom Petitions UN Over Miyetti Allah-Terrorists Killings In Benue State (15530 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Blows Hot Over Miyetti Allah’s Plan To Set Up Vigilante In Igboland / Nnamdi Kanu Spits Fire Over Miyetti Allah Demands And South East. / Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Over Miyetti Allah’s Plan To Set Up Vigilante In Igboland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gov Ortom Petitions UN Over Miyetti Allah-Terrorists Killings In Benue State by Sleekfingers: 9:23am On Aug 04, 2021
ERockson:
Until Buhari leaves the government, Miyheti Allah will not stop killings. I pray they pay for their sins one day

Keep praying, without finding a solution

1 Like

Re: Gov Ortom Petitions UN Over Miyetti Allah-Terrorists Killings In Benue State by JaneYave(f): 9:23am On Aug 04, 2021
International community own us to act but we can do much more for ourselves than beckoning of them. If our leaders have failed us, should we also fail ourselves?
Re: Gov Ortom Petitions UN Over Miyetti Allah-Terrorists Killings In Benue State by OPPPS: 9:23am On Aug 04, 2021
Otom usually cries of Fulani herdsmen every month end to avoid paying salary

1 Like

Re: Gov Ortom Petitions UN Over Miyetti Allah-Terrorists Killings In Benue State by chimezieeze98: 9:26am On Aug 04, 2021
Good move

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHYhaXsRFy4

Yoruba and hausa okada riders clash in Ogun State
Re: Gov Ortom Petitions UN Over Miyetti Allah-Terrorists Killings In Benue State by BelovedofLord: 9:27am On Aug 04, 2021
What goes around, comes around!
Re: Gov Ortom Petitions UN Over Miyetti Allah-Terrorists Killings In Benue State by ictplotter(m): 9:27am On Aug 04, 2021
agulion:
There is a well plans Islamic agenda going on in Nigeria, if not how come herdsmen don't kill people in Kano, Bauchi, Kebbi, Jegawa etc
Idiot hav brought in religious now. The primary problem will be abandon . It will now be a war between muslims and Christians. Using religious as divide and rule while the main problem continue. So the killing in zamfara, borno, etc ar to Christianized Nigeria. Those killers heldmen ar evil, they know no religion.

1 Like

Re: Gov Ortom Petitions UN Over Miyetti Allah-Terrorists Killings In Benue State by GardenOfGod(m): 9:27am On Aug 04, 2021
DefHQ:

“My lawyer is here, he is going to make a petition against the leadership of Miyetti Allah because they came out to target me and, behind the scenes, they are planning to eliminate me in my land.

“If I can’t go to the farm as governor with the entire security around me, then who else can go to the farm? You can imagine the pains that we have here in Benue State.

Hopefully, the international community will do something drastically about it. Situations like this will make a right thinking individual conclude that the federal government is an accomplice in the insecurity of the region. No arrest, no prosecution, no arraignment, no conviction, no imprisonment made.

DefHQ:

“I don’t know why these Fulani men are coming from Niger, Mali, Chad and Senegal and other parts of the world to Nigeria.
“They have destroyed Mali completely, nothing is happening there, they have destroyed Libya, they have destroyed several other countries with their aggression and they think they can come here and destroy Nigeria. I don’t know what they mean.

This present government is pampering and harbouring and encouraging and supporting them. The boldness of these people is second to none.
Few months ago, Gov. Udom Emmanuel announced to the world that all the "fulani killer heardsmen arrested and handed over to the police were released free by an order from above". This also is an indication that there is a plot against the indigenous people in this country.

DefHQ:

“And anytime our Livestock Guards and security agencies go after them, then run back into the forest across the river.

"This is not fair, I am going to make a petition against the leadership of Miyetti Allah because I hold them responsible.

“I have been calling for the arrest of these people since 2017 and they are going about their normal businesses in Abuja, in Yola, Kano and everywhere without security personnel inviting them for questioning.

“And my pain is that these people are protected by our security personnel who are paid with our tax payers’ money. These are security men that are inadequate because of the crisis created by Miyetti Allah and the police are still protecting them.

“Why, are we second-class citizens? I am not a second-class citizen to anyone in this country.

Their days are numbered. We were openly told that they are "my first cousins" thereby making them to enjoy immunity from all crimes committed.

DefHQ:

“I pay my tax just like any other person and I am law-abiding and I hope that the security agencies will question these people on why they should single me out in their Yola meeting and behind the scenes giving orders for me to be eliminated. I have seen the result today. If not for the security personnel that were with me it would have been a story.

“Recall that Governor Fayemi came out clearly and said this government has failed. Providing security is nil. Everybody is running all over the place; traditional rulers, governors, politicians and all. If I am not safe in my state, who else is safe?

“We are begging the Federal Government that brought them (Fulani militia) into the country, they should settle them to go back to where they came from so that we can have our peace. Even if it means taxing all of us to settle them to go away so that we can go to the farm, we will do that. If I cannot go to the farm, who else can go to the farm in Benue?

Fulani heardsmen are not paying tax. What revenue is government generating from their business?
Yet they are the ones disturbing the peace of other people in the country.
Federal government should send them back to wherever they came from with immediate effect.
A petition should be signed for all of them to be sent back to where they came from.

I stand with Governor Ortom on this.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gov Ortom Petitions UN Over Miyetti Allah-Terrorists Killings In Benue State by OPPPS: 9:28am On Aug 04, 2021
ERockson:
Until Buhari leaves the government, Miyheti Allah will not stop killings. I pray they pay for their sins one day
How old are you? So the Fulani herdsmen started when PMB came in 2015?

2 Likes

Re: Gov Ortom Petitions UN Over Miyetti Allah-Terrorists Killings In Benue State by valentineuwakwe(m): 9:29am On Aug 04, 2021
Petition, petition, petitions.....how long n how many times will you guys send this to the U.N, yet they are not saying anything.

Take arms, defend yourself n fight back the fulani herdsmen. I thought Benue people are warriors, wetin come happen now?
Re: Gov Ortom Petitions UN Over Miyetti Allah-Terrorists Killings In Benue State by Nobody: 9:30am On Aug 04, 2021
THIS FOOLISH MAN SHOULD ATTACK GUNMI INSTEAD OF WASTING HIS TIME
Re: Gov Ortom Petitions UN Over Miyetti Allah-Terrorists Killings In Benue State by Ovamboland(m): 9:30am On Aug 04, 2021
A state governor who appointed an attorney general in his cabinet, has a department of justice with many lawyers employed as prosecutors in state DPP office could not package a single case against criminals arrested as suspects for the security crisis in his state. Maybe he should hand over the state to a UN appointed administrator to show him how to do it.

Only the state government is empowered by law to pay tax but Ortom like most state governors refuse to create a system to harness funds in his state to invest in people's lives and security apparatus. He now makes it appear like he pays his income tax to the FG.
He should be explaining what he's doing with the tax he's collecting in Benue

1 Like

Re: Gov Ortom Petitions UN Over Miyetti Allah-Terrorists Killings In Benue State by Sleekfingers: 9:31am On Aug 04, 2021
DefHQ:

http://saharareporters.com/2021/03/21/attack-convoy-why-i-was-targeted-miyetti-allah-be-killed%E2%80%94-ortom

Oga ortom, you are the governor of benue state. Your primary job is to protect the lives and properties of your people. What are you doing about it? You complain too much, without taking a proper steps, to chase out those fulani terrorists in your state. . ...ortom should resign, and let another person deal with those terrorist miyetti Allah......but benue people too are just keeping quiet.....
Re: Gov Ortom Petitions UN Over Miyetti Allah-Terrorists Killings In Benue State by luluman: 9:32am On Aug 04, 2021
Monogamy:
Like Buhari, Like Ortom, both of them have doctorate degree in clueless regarding insecurity
Mumu, better shut up
Re: Gov Ortom Petitions UN Over Miyetti Allah-Terrorists Killings In Benue State by SmartPolician: 9:33am On Aug 04, 2021
Mutual suspicion and loss of faith in one's own country may take time to materialize, but they are extremely difficult to fix. Nigeria is gradually falling apart before our very eyes
Re: Gov Ortom Petitions UN Over Miyetti Allah-Terrorists Killings In Benue State by DonroxyII: 9:33am On Aug 04, 2021
FreeIgbos:
I like the way UN is inundated with petitions about ongoing state sponsored terrorism in Nigeria. At least they won't feign ignorance of it because it seems like world leaders will also have their conscience disturbed forever just like it happened when they failed to save lives of Tutsis in Rwanda until it was too late to act.

It's deja Vu once again in Africa, this time with a worse form of genocide about to take place in Nigeria.
World leaders don't give a ratazz about anything.... Lions has been killing other animals in the jungle and safaris are watching nature taking its course .....

Unless it affects business, Banditry and Terrorism is a state matter to World Leaders not a World matters but once Oil flow is affected, it becomes a World Matter grin .... That's the Politics !!!

I think Nigeria across divide should jettisoned their differences and petty politics and face Ravaging Fulani Herdsmen if not they will all be conquered from top to bottom .......

God doesn't care about f.ools, World leaders will only care if other Nigerians especially Southern and Middle Belt come together and present their case before United Nations.....

World Leaders are busy Business Men !

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gov Ortom Petitions UN Over Miyetti Allah-Terrorists Killings In Benue State by Idzitari1(m): 9:33am On Aug 04, 2021
This pig like creature is jst busy pointing fingers without achieving anything.

1 Like

Re: Gov Ortom Petitions UN Over Miyetti Allah-Terrorists Killings In Benue State by NarcissistKing(m): 9:34am On Aug 04, 2021
EdoFirstBorn:
What a weakling. Instead why not purchase arms for your citizens to protect themselves. Or establish state vigilante etc

Those are not the solution. Vigilante is just a temporary solution. The best solution is to decentralize the NPF And make it state-controlled but sadly the FG ain't ready for that

1 Like

Re: Gov Ortom Petitions UN Over Miyetti Allah-Terrorists Killings In Benue State by Cnach: 9:35am On Aug 04, 2021
When they talk like this I begin to imagine what is going on
Write to UN for what?
I cannot be a governor in any state and my people are being killed in that same state. If na die we go die..unless u kill me, if not forget policy and army I won't use them
Re: Gov Ortom Petitions UN Over Miyetti Allah-Terrorists Killings In Benue State by Quality20(m): 9:37am On Aug 04, 2021
Oirtom is a dan iska
Re: Gov Ortom Petitions UN Over Miyetti Allah-Terrorists Killings In Benue State by Brushstrokes20: 9:38am On Aug 04, 2021
Spot on ortom!

Buhari has an insatiable appetite for blood!

Useless govt of self serving thieves and BLOODTHIRSTY TERRORISTS!
Re: Gov Ortom Petitions UN Over Miyetti Allah-Terrorists Killings In Benue State by criuze(m): 9:40am On Aug 04, 2021
The answer is the dissolition of smug

However says nigeria says terrorism and poverty
Re: Gov Ortom Petitions UN Over Miyetti Allah-Terrorists Killings In Benue State by delivryboy: 9:40am On Aug 04, 2021
Benue people also kill Fulani people but the media is always silent about it. Most of our state governors sponsor militia and arm them within their state.
Re: Gov Ortom Petitions UN Over Miyetti Allah-Terrorists Killings In Benue State by Daniel61111: 9:40am On Aug 04, 2021
The old fool will never comment or condemn the atrocities happening in his state.
Karlovych:
embarassed embarassed embarassed Meanwhile Benue citizens like Manabbqgrills keep supporting this invasion by foreigners into his homeland just because of greed, it will never be well with evil people supporting the dullard and this rotten government

2 Likes

Re: Gov Ortom Petitions UN Over Miyetti Allah-Terrorists Killings In Benue State by sulaak(m): 9:41am On Aug 04, 2021
Monogamy:
Like Buhari, Like Ortom, both of them have doctorate degree in cluelessness regarding insecurity

Ortom is not the commander-in-chief and Buhari supports Fulani's aggression across Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Gov Ortom Petitions UN Over Miyetti Allah-Terrorists Killings In Benue State by blues234: 9:41am On Aug 04, 2021
Monogamy:
Like Buhari, Like Ortom, both of them have doctorate degree in cluelessness regarding insecurity
Sometime just keep shut, instead of yapping nonsense on every thread. It is not a must to comment. Haba!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Losers, Winners Of APC Presidential Primary Election / DSS Allows Nnamdi Kanu Access To Medical Surgeon / Ubani: Fani-Kayode Must Learn How To Control His Temper In Public

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.