Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,226 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:43 AM

In A Strange Land In Search Of Greener Pasture - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / In A Strange Land In Search Of Greener Pasture (17994 Views)

I Quit My Lagos Hotel Manager Job, Relocated To Abuja For Green Pasture -Emenalo / Moving To Lagos From Kogi For Greener Pastures / Why It Is Foolish To Travel Abroad In Search Of Greener Pastures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In A Strange Land In Search Of Greener Pasture by Grace001: 1:28pm On Aug 05, 2021
God’s favor and mercy will pave ways for you to excel @OP

The situation in this failed country is so worrisome. Someone who is willing and able to work, at age 32 still couldn’t get his feet on the ground.

If you still have hope in this failed country, you’re your own enemy.

4 Likes

Re: In A Strange Land In Search Of Greener Pasture by Longman8: 1:28pm On Aug 05, 2021
U will pull through bro trust me. Dont give the zeal. God will always make a way.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: In A Strange Land In Search Of Greener Pasture by Draslo(m): 1:39pm On Aug 05, 2021
Betting posts on this kind of thread is pure evil. grin

1 Like

Re: In A Strange Land In Search Of Greener Pasture by od501: 1:43pm On Aug 05, 2021
pretydiva:
Op may God see you through. Pray hard before you embark on any journey

Which kain advise be this? Hanti be objective joor
Re: In A Strange Land In Search Of Greener Pasture by Limassol(m): 1:49pm On Aug 05, 2021
Mustiboy:
A 32-year-old man still struggling, not because he's lazy or a junky, but because his country's leadership has failed him.

It shall never be well with our leaders, both past and present.

Someone with the plethora of skills you highlighted above should he raking in enough profit in saner climes.

I have no advice for you, but I do wish you well.
The country is a dream killer, its saddening.

4 Likes

Re: In A Strange Land In Search Of Greener Pasture by Tayosteve(m): 1:52pm On Aug 05, 2021
I came into lagos without knowing anybody, I squatted with three different people before I could get my own apartment, I'm working in a bank now and I'm married living In a cool apartment and I'm 32 now

2 Likes

Re: In A Strange Land In Search Of Greener Pasture by captainamiedi1: 1:54pm On Aug 05, 2021
You will survive the moment you realize u have to move and not look back. ur situation is enough to motivate u to greatness. A friend brother left the village to Abuja when he got there, the uncle's number was switch off. Baba said i can't go back empty handed. so the hustle started. he started sleeping under stair case in plaza, from there he got a job in the plaza, he was able to save money to rent a room i.e after more than a year leaving outside. from there he learn handwork. today he owes a furniture show room in Abuja and he is doing well now. I hope these story motivates you. its not going to be easy but strong will to survive will help u. There will be days u will attempt ti give or days when u will say God doesnt hear ur prayers or he doesnt exist. You have to still moving.

Hard times be like sugar with am, the story nor fit sweet. just remember these and u will be fine

4 Likes

Re: In A Strange Land In Search Of Greener Pasture by Nobody: 1:57pm On Aug 05, 2021
Whether you come to Abuja or Lagos the outcomes may be the same if you do not clearly define what you’re here for.

I advise you come to Abuja in furtherance of your skill set and monetizing it. ONLY THAT. Abuja enjoys a huge spending power. I have experienced it personally.

If it’s a job you’re coming to look for here: you will find the ones that pay you 50k and less. You have no connection. Or do you? 6 months on that job, living costs and transportation costs will frustrate you out of the job and bring you to realize my earlier point.

1 Like

Re: In A Strange Land In Search Of Greener Pasture by humility33(m): 2:03pm On Aug 05, 2021
Please go to abuja
I have stayed in both cities much easier to hurtsle and start life in abuja than lagos and the traffic stress and cost of living less when compared to lagos

U can stay in places like Gisiri, mpape, deidei etc and stil meet up with appointments or job at maitama,wuse etc but not same for lagos

But pray about it also

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: In A Strange Land In Search Of Greener Pasture by Aurelius1(m): 2:18pm On Aug 05, 2021
Bustincole:
Go and learn graphics
Graphic Design or just graphics?
Re: In A Strange Land In Search Of Greener Pasture by Nobody: 2:24pm On Aug 05, 2021
IN THE HOLLY BOOKS THE BLACK WILL CONTINUE SERVE THE WHITE TILL GOD COME BACK TO CHANGE IT

1 Like

Re: In A Strange Land In Search Of Greener Pasture by Codeye(m): 2:26pm On Aug 05, 2021
On a part to succeed
Re: In A Strange Land In Search Of Greener Pasture by Warmaterial(m): 2:28pm On Aug 05, 2021
Abuja is better than Lagos

1 Like

Re: In A Strange Land In Search Of Greener Pasture by Ekeeyhandsome(m): 2:47pm On Aug 05, 2021
For u to succeed, first thing first, u need a roof over your head..
Secondly give urself time , remember, Rome wasn't built in a day..
Thirdly, never give up,even when odds seemed to be against you..

3 Likes

Re: In A Strange Land In Search Of Greener Pasture by JaySambo: 2:57pm On Aug 05, 2021
Look for a church and identify yourself with.

2 Likes

Re: In A Strange Land In Search Of Greener Pasture by Skillsnigeria: 3:25pm On Aug 05, 2021
Don't just go to any states now without knowing anybody there because of security. Nigeria don turn to something else

2 Likes

Re: In A Strange Land In Search Of Greener Pasture by Nobody: 3:34pm On Aug 05, 2021
Moving to anoda $tate no eazy o. hunga muzt deal with you mecilely at $ome point but u wil be fyn la$ la$. y nt con$ida port hacourt in$tead of lag & abj dat i tink ar already $aturated
Re: In A Strange Land In Search Of Greener Pasture by Nobody: 3:46pm On Aug 05, 2021
Mustiboy:
A 32-year-old man still struggling, not because he's lazy or a junky, but because his country's leadership has failed him.

It shall never be well with our leaders, both past and present.

Someone with the plethora of skills you highlighted above should he raking in enough profit in saner climes.

I have no advice for you, but I do wish you well.
And to think the useless politician couldn't lay them their salaries makes it more annoying..

Oh Allah I pray a kind hearted person comes to this guy's aid cry

Our leaders.... I really pity you guys end... From the first thief to the last....

2 Likes

Re: In A Strange Land In Search Of Greener Pasture by Greatdand007(m): 4:31pm On Aug 05, 2021
Supreme01:
Good morning Friends

Straight to my story...
I started work few years after my secondery school in a hotel, owned by a politician. I worked as an ICT personal, systems maintenance.
Few years after, we were told the facility will be renovated, we should take a bow till the complication. Meanwhile we've being owe 6months salary but managed to pay 3months which I use to settle debts.
I decided to look elsewhere, this time to use my skill..little did I know it is the beginning of intense struggle.
...Life could be very frustrating without help yet vast responsibilities.

Till date, 4years down the lane, our 3months salary is yet be paid. (mind N128,000.00).

Fastforward...

I have decided to relocate to another state preferably Lagos or Abuja. But I don't have any one to stay with. I'm advancing in age.
A 32years old man managing with the senior sister in one room, No work.. feeding under the Sister's mercy, is not easy oo.

I have acquired some skills I think might be very useful any place, some just need to be sharpened:
1. I can fix computer (although not board)
2. Internet connection, run internet cables, recream cables, (both type A&B).
3. Install CCTV Cameras with internet accessible.
4. Solar installation. Needs to be sharpened.
5. I play instruments, perfectly drum. I could be useful to a church that will want to assist me, till am able to stand firm.

Please I need your kind advise, connection etc.
How do people survived in a place were there's no relatives??

Mode please help see it to front page please.

My brother you better thank God for your own , am 31 and no skills and am living with my parents , your own better na yoh still for get opportunity for job with your skills

1 Like

Re: In A Strange Land In Search Of Greener Pasture by Gfskw: 4:41pm On Aug 05, 2021
Oh
Re: In A Strange Land In Search Of Greener Pasture by VersatileVee: 4:47pm On Aug 05, 2021
www.nairaland.com/3430037/what-make-money-online
Go through this thread and thank God...
Be prayerful e go be better

#OnGod
Re: In A Strange Land In Search Of Greener Pasture by solexjames(m): 4:55pm On Aug 05, 2021
Pls take note,is not every body that will be employed. You can be self employ try and have a good skill that people will always ask for your services. I'm 30 and married with a kid ,just my hand work I pray God help us all..Amen
Re: In A Strange Land In Search Of Greener Pasture by Rajosh(m): 5:09pm On Aug 05, 2021
tempex88:
register as a driver on uber and bolt....you will even make more than 40k monthly but the job is stressfull.
Will he be carrying the passengers on his head?
Re: In A Strange Land In Search Of Greener Pasture by tempex88(m): 5:12pm On Aug 05, 2021
Rajosh:

Will he be carrying the passengers on his head?

those doing it, are they using their head or is it all uber/bolt drivers that have their own car? which kain funny question are you asking.
Re: In A Strange Land In Search Of Greener Pasture by kriss27(m): 5:25pm On Aug 05, 2021
Sholato242:
Come to Mgbuka Obosi and learn some business and start yours with six months
What type of business is this please?
Re: In A Strange Land In Search Of Greener Pasture by kriss27(m): 5:27pm On Aug 05, 2021
Tayosteve:
I came into lagos without knowing anybody, I squatted with three different people before I could get my own apartment, I'm working in a bank now and I'm married living In a cool apartment and I'm 32 now
What type of job do you do in the bank?
Re: In A Strange Land In Search Of Greener Pasture by Tayosteve(m): 5:45pm On Aug 05, 2021
What type of job do you do in the bank?

Customer Service Officer
Re: In A Strange Land In Search Of Greener Pasture by sonofthunder: 6:54pm On Aug 05, 2021
Supreme01:
Good morning Friends

Straight to my story...
I started work few years after my secondery school in a hotel, owned by a politician. I worked as an ICT personal, systems maintenance.
Few years after, we were told the facility will be renovated, we should take a bow till the complication. Meanwhile we've being owe 6months salary but managed to pay 3months which I use to settle debts.
I decided to look elsewhere, this time to use my skill..little did I know it is the beginning of intense struggle.
...Life could be very frustrating without help yet vast responsibilities.

Till date, 4years down the lane, our 3months salary is yet be paid. (mind N128,000.00).

Fastforward...

I have decided to relocate to another state preferably Lagos or Abuja. But I don't have any one to stay with. I'm advancing in age.
A 32years old man managing with the senior sister in one room, No work.. feeding under the Sister's mercy, is not easy oo.

I have acquired some skills I think might be very useful any place, some just need to be sharpened:
1. I can fix computer (although not board)
2. Internet connection, run internet cables, recream cables, (both type A&B).
3. Install CCTV Cameras with internet accessible.
4. Solar installation. Needs to be sharpened.
5. I play instruments, perfectly drum. I could be useful to a church that will want to assist me, till am able to stand firm.

Please I need your kind advise, connection etc.
How do people survived in a place were there's no relatives??

Mode please help see it to front page please.

Before you learn any other new skill, learn how to network/sales. Its very important if you don't have an office location you can be located.

Learn how to meet folks. Your current skill set isn't bad
Re: In A Strange Land In Search Of Greener Pasture by naijaman2225(m): 6:56pm On Aug 05, 2021
DropsMic:
The will to win, the desire to succeed, the urge to reach your full potential these are the keys that will unlock the door to prosperity... You are on the right part bro. Continue striving

✌️
U ARE JUST ABSOLUTELY GREAT.

1 Like

Re: In A Strange Land In Search Of Greener Pasture by harmony75: 7:15pm On Aug 05, 2021
Follow your heart you will succeed you don't need to know anybody in lagos or Abuja or elsewhere to relocate!
Re: In A Strange Land In Search Of Greener Pasture by Cree: 8:33pm On Aug 05, 2021
In all you do, please don't come to Abuja. You'll suffer
Re: In A Strange Land In Search Of Greener Pasture by imagrg(m): 8:38pm On Aug 05, 2021
I pray for you.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Varying Salaries In Different Fields / Nutritionist/dietitians / How Are You Coping With ACCA Exam Fees Payment?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.