Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,185 members, 7,829,249 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:35 PM

NIN Enrolment: Nigeria, Korea Sign $13 Million Agreement - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NIN Enrolment: Nigeria, Korea Sign $13 Million Agreement (21040 Views)

NIN Enrolment: NIMC Seeks N25bn For Storage Servers / NIMC Adopts Booking System For NIN Enrolment, Issues Fresh Guidelines / FG Lists NIN Enrolment Centres Nationwide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NIN Enrolment: Nigeria, Korea Sign $13 Million Agreement by humberjade: 6:58am On Aug 06, 2021
PayGhost:
lol…you’re wrong if you think the solution of Nigeria’s problem can come from this set of persons controlling strategic positions.

So bold and daft. Imagine them comparing NIN to Social Security Number, do they know the benefits that come with having a SSN?

Don't mind them...just trying too hard to be clever by half
Re: NIN Enrolment: Nigeria, Korea Sign $13 Million Agreement by Paradishennesy(m): 7:02am On Aug 06, 2021
AK481:
PantBokoharami..
Shorup and sharap and shatap there,you jihadist that has refused to publicly condemn your belief about beheading all Christians like me .

The more I see people like pantanmi, the most I spit of igbos condemning kanu and igboho

To southerner, hold your madman close to you,don't kill him ,he will be a precious asset during rag day .
And u think ,u existing on Earth, ur better Dan him in jail!!
Who know u self...
Poor dude undecided undecided
Re: NIN Enrolment: Nigeria, Korea Sign $13 Million Agreement by uniquetechng: 7:03am On Aug 06, 2021
rxmusa:
If not an intelligent Minister like Pantami, who can source this initiative and even bring it to fruition.
The man is so resourceful and intelligent, he’s epitome of humbleness and humility. May Allah continue to guide and protect him against bigots, agents of satan, daughters of Jezebel, nieces of Delilah. All these nincompoops I mentioned above will start quoting me, wait and see
The truth is this government don't actually have initiative of their own, NIN is a brain child of the GEJ govt and I did mine far back as 2012.
So before you praise Malami do a little research.
Re: NIN Enrolment: Nigeria, Korea Sign $13 Million Agreement by lexy2014: 7:14am On Aug 06, 2021
rxmusa:
If not an intelligent Minister like Pantami, who can source this initiative and even bring it to fruition.
The man is so resourceful and intelligent, he’s epitome of humbleness and humility. May Allah continue to guide and protect him against bigots, agents of satan, daughters of Jezebel, nieces of Delilah. All these nincompoops I mentioned above will start quoting me, wait and see

What is d benefit of NIN to Nigerians?
Re: NIN Enrolment: Nigeria, Korea Sign $13 Million Agreement by Oracleforce: 7:31am On Aug 06, 2021
This is what China and Korea are interested in...to lay off your national secrets to manipulate them to their favor.
They have been in this business for a long time most especially in some developing countries like Nigeria...
But come to think of it, billions of naira have been sunk into this project yet it hasn't yielded a fruitful result. . Naija Nah scam
Re: NIN Enrolment: Nigeria, Korea Sign $13 Million Agreement by tamdun: 7:33am On Aug 06, 2021
Pantami don take chill pill, his gragra don reduce gan
Re: NIN Enrolment: Nigeria, Korea Sign $13 Million Agreement by Lymasaba(m): 7:42am On Aug 06, 2021
Turtleneck4Sale:
I hope if gbege burst later they wouldn't deny having a contract with Korea o like The NFA are doing smiley
Blame punch for reporting the news without their pictures signing the agreement
Re: NIN Enrolment: Nigeria, Korea Sign $13 Million Agreement by FBIBOT(m): 7:48am On Aug 06, 2021
Should another country even have a stake in a sane country citizen identification system.... This is one of the things that should be in-house (top secret) to external countries unless requested by a court order

1 Like

Re: NIN Enrolment: Nigeria, Korea Sign $13 Million Agreement by Lovelive: 7:50am On Aug 06, 2021
lexy2014:

In 2015, this govt forced Nigerians to do BVN claiming that its d only way to stop kidnapping, 419 and corruption. Can u kindly give us an update on how far that has gone?
Re: NIN Enrolment: Nigeria, Korea Sign $13 Million Agreement by Brushstrokes20: 7:52am On Aug 06, 2021
... And the looting continues...

Useless govt of self serving THIEVES and BLOODTHIRSTY TERRORISTS
Re: NIN Enrolment: Nigeria, Korea Sign $13 Million Agreement by Jonah507(m): 7:52am On Aug 06, 2021
What's the essence of all this when it cannot be used to track down those Boko Haram baptized "bandits" and kidnappers?
Re: NIN Enrolment: Nigeria, Korea Sign $13 Million Agreement by focus7: 7:59am On Aug 06, 2021
Audio money, all na story.
Re: NIN Enrolment: Nigeria, Korea Sign $13 Million Agreement by AK481(m): 8:21am On Aug 06, 2021
Paradishennesy:

And u think ,u existing on Earth, ur better Dan him in jail!!
Who know u self...
Poor dude undecided undecided
Being poor is not a crime ,being a terrorist is.

Sharap dia,oh you terrorist ,I bind and cast you into the bottomless pit of hell
Re: NIN Enrolment: Nigeria, Korea Sign $13 Million Agreement by donprinyo(m): 8:33am On Aug 06, 2021
DesChyko:

It is not restricted to 18 and above. Even day-old babies get enrolled now.

I just don't see the essence of this deal.
Also why is it not made compulsory for voting?
Re: NIN Enrolment: Nigeria, Korea Sign $13 Million Agreement by Calitoscassius(m): 8:36am On Aug 06, 2021
Afriqan:
What's the catch? I feel there's something we're not being told. What's in it for South Korea? Access to our data? undecided
Very good observsations, you see? No one is even thinking or querring about that.

Data sells is a big business. Imagine South Korea accessing to nearly 300 million nigerians data.
Re: NIN Enrolment: Nigeria, Korea Sign $13 Million Agreement by Udodiri01: 8:39am On Aug 06, 2021
Dem Don de sale the kwan3 small small
Re: NIN Enrolment: Nigeria, Korea Sign $13 Million Agreement by Benrosaria(m): 8:48am On Aug 06, 2021
post=104478110:

In the sane countries we want our country to be like, this is one of the ways they got to that great height.
USA couldn't have been a great country today without what they call their social security number, which each and every citizen must have.
If you commit any fraud or crime, or scam anyone, all your life is connected in one place.
Only in Nigeria that a man will commit a crime in Ibadan and run to Sokoto, and that will be the end of the case for years.....prolly forever!

The below is for SANE Nigerians and Nairalanders only,
Bad Energy Stay Far away if you don't wanna be Unfo..........

Your National Identification Number (NIN) is used to tie together all records about you – demographic data, fingerprints, head-to-shoulder facial picture, other biometric data and digital signature – in the National Identity Database making it relatively easy to confirm and verify your identity when you engage in travels and transactions.

This vital feature of the NIN makes it pivotal for all citizens (home and abroad) as well as legal residents of Nigeria to endeavour to obtain their unique NINs as soon as they can.

Be sure you provide the right information about yourself while your data is captured during enrolment for your NIN, that will be the information legally identifying you for life whenever your NIN is used.

One can see how important the NIN is to an individual:

it is used for retrieving your captured information from the National Identity Databaseyour matching information associated with your NIN can be then used to verify that you are really who you say you are.

To the society as a whole, the NINs issued,
help provide accurate records about actual living/dead persons in every region of the countryhelp keep track of actual transactions as well as movement of people within and out of the countryhelp confirm which individuals are in actual need of particular Government services, e.g. age and retirement confirmation for pensioners.

When it comes to access to vital services (like passport issuance, banking services, land transactions, insurance services, pension, health insurance, payment of taxes, voter’s registration, consumer credits, and all Government services), your NIN becomes necessary for:
cutting down the time needed for verifying documents to properly identify you in order to access the services you requirereducing errors in allocation of services to the right peopleprevention of fraud (419) where someone else impersonates youverification of the real identity of other people you go into financial or business transactions with or even people you wish to employ such as house helpensuring you are properly identified when receiving health services, e.g. verifying the actual blood types of blood donors at hospitalsverification of voter eligibility during elections.

Slow and Steady, Nigeria will be great again in our lifetime.
God bless Nigeria.

Read more below........

Bros I didn’t have to read all that you wrote. However digital records of all persons living in a geographic place at a particular time should be ascertained for the peace growth and development of such geographical location. But the truth of the matter is, we don’t need a foreign body with a $13 million contract deal to have this done. Why the Bleep do we have computer science, software engineering and statistics as a department in our Nigerian schools.

Think deep and understand what the government is using these lies to do
Re: NIN Enrolment: Nigeria, Korea Sign $13 Million Agreement by AbdulHakeem44(m): 8:52am On Aug 06, 2021
PayGhost:
lol…you’re wrong if you think the solution of Nigeria’s problem can come from this set of persons controlling strategic positions.

So bold and daft. Imagine them comparing NIN to Social Security Number, do they know the benefits that come with having a SSN?

Imagine!!! So you want Nigeria to be like America in a year right? Was it just once America came with SSN? Wasn't it a gradual process that now became a solid institution today? Nigerians deserve the kind of leaders they have honestly!! Always back mouthing everything progressive because it is not a match with the first world countries. What a pity!!!

1 Like

Re: NIN Enrolment: Nigeria, Korea Sign $13 Million Agreement by Benrosaria(m): 8:59am On Aug 06, 2021
BeardedShaman:

Coming to see yo comment on fp irks me every motherfucking time. You's nothing but a hypocritical joke of a human, masking around like a patriot. I never seen you project this same energy in certain threads where it is especially needed but when shit involves MNK, the East, biafra, PDP and the likes, yo smelly ass pops out to fart out hooey. Old fool, one would think with age comes wisdom but u done prove that one can so old and stupid at the same time. Watch yo back geezer, you be cooking trouble and uoeno it.

I swear I would have thought the older generation would be able to bring the change we needed for a black nation to thrive but yet I see assholes and dumbfucks who’s sole desire is for the ruin of the nation, since every black race believes there isn’t beauty in the world anymore. Thanks for this brother
Re: NIN Enrolment: Nigeria, Korea Sign $13 Million Agreement by Benrosaria(m): 9:04am On Aug 06, 2021
AbdulHakeem44:

Imagine!!! So you want Nigeria to be like America in a year right? Was it just once America came with SSN? Wasn't it a gradual process that now became a solid institution today? Nigerians deserve the kind of leaders they have honestly!! Always back mouthing everything progressive because it is not a match with the first world countries. What a pity!!!

Ok Nigerians don’t deserve bad leaders. This isn’t anyway progressive, you can’t change a country using foreigners and with such amount of money. We have equal number of churches and schools in Nigeria that can house the world if they decide a church and school is a house. Abolish education in Nigeria then I would support the need for foreign bodies to take control of everything. Nigerians don’t deserve bad leaders or the kind you think serves us right. Cause you are black and you feel the darkness
Re: NIN Enrolment: Nigeria, Korea Sign $13 Million Agreement by od501: 9:23am On Aug 06, 2021
rxmusa:

You are really doing your job well, your pay masters must be very proud of you. In fact you deserve promotion. Jobless BMC!
Re: NIN Enrolment: Nigeria, Korea Sign $13 Million Agreement by od501: 9:26am On Aug 06, 2021
Benrosaria:

Bros I didn’t have to read all that you wrote. However digital records of all persons living in a geographic place at a particular time should be ascertained for the peace growth and development of such geographical location. But the truth of the matter is, we don’t need a foreign body with a $13 million contract deal to have this done. Why the Bleep do we have computer science, software engineering and statistics as a department in our Nigerian schools.

Think deep and understand what the government is using these lies to do

Getting an NIN is not a problem, neither is their signing of any foreign contract a crime. The point is the man presiding over the process is a terrorist!! And that calls for concern!
Re: NIN Enrolment: Nigeria, Korea Sign $13 Million Agreement by kraftysprouts: 10:10am On Aug 06, 2021
So a foreign country will be the one to fund your own citizens identity management?
Re: NIN Enrolment: Nigeria, Korea Sign $13 Million Agreement by kraftysprouts: 10:14am On Aug 06, 2021
PayGhost:

Yes they know but prefer we have NIN, VIN, TIN, DRIVER'S LICENSE, PASSPORT ID so they could continue to make more money from this company sorry Country
Re: NIN Enrolment: Nigeria, Korea Sign $13 Million Agreement by kraftysprouts: 10:18am On Aug 06, 2021
Beancounter94:

And the reason why we cannot have benefits from NIN like SSN is because Nigeria is not willing to pay the tax for it plus we don't have the GDP for it.

Also, being on basic income from SSN shows you are really really broke, and it may not be enough to sustain one.

Aside the SSN do you hear of voter's card number, driver's license number, passport number, bank verification number?

America only has 2 EIN (companies) and SSN (persons)
Re: NIN Enrolment: Nigeria, Korea Sign $13 Million Agreement by kraftysprouts: 10:21am On Aug 06, 2021
DesChyko:

It is not restricted to 18 and above. Even day-old babies get enrolled now.

I just don't see the essence of this deal.

Should be given from hospital once born or applied for after few weeks and added to the birth certificate of the child

1 Like

Re: NIN Enrolment: Nigeria, Korea Sign $13 Million Agreement by do4luv14(m): 10:24am On Aug 06, 2021
post=104478110:

In the sane countries we want our country to be like, this is one of the ways they got to that great height.
USA couldn't have been a great country today without what they call their social security number, which each and every citizen must have.
If you commit any fraud or crime, or scam anyone, all your life is connected in one place.
Only in Nigeria that a man will commit a crime in Ibadan and run to Sokoto, and that will be the end of the case for years.....prolly forever!

The below is for SANE Nigerians and Nairalanders only,
Bad Energy Stay Far away if you don't wanna be Unfo..........

Your National Identification Number (NIN) is used to tie together all records about you – demographic data, fingerprints, head-to-shoulder facial picture, other biometric data and digital signature – in the National Identity Database making it relatively easy to confirm and verify your identity when you engage in travels and transactions.

This vital feature of the NIN makes it pivotal for all citizens (home and abroad) as well as legal residents of Nigeria to endeavour to obtain their unique NINs as soon as they can.

Be sure you provide the right information about yourself while your data is captured during enrolment for your NIN, that will be the information legally identifying you for life whenever your NIN is used.

One can see how important the NIN is to an individual:

it is used for retrieving your captured information from the National Identity Databaseyour matching information associated with your NIN can be then used to verify that you are really who you say you are.

To the society as a whole, the NINs issued,
help provide accurate records about actual living/dead persons in every region of the countryhelp keep track of actual transactions as well as movement of people within and out of the countryhelp confirm which individuals are in actual need of particular Government services, e.g. age and retirement confirmation for pensioners.

When it comes to access to vital services (like passport issuance, banking services, land transactions, insurance services, pension, health insurance, payment of taxes, voter’s registration, consumer credits, and all Government services), your NIN becomes necessary for:
cutting down the time needed for verifying documents to properly identify you in order to access the services you requirereducing errors in allocation of services to the right peopleprevention of fraud (419) where someone else impersonates youverification of the real identity of other people you go into financial or business transactions with or even people you wish to employ such as house helpensuring you are properly identified when receiving health services, e.g. verifying the actual blood types of blood donors at hospitalsverification of voter eligibility during elections.

Slow and Steady, Nigeria will be great again in our lifetime.
God bless Nigeria.

Read more below........

I understand your points raised Manna

The questions being asked is, are our Authority Transparent enough to follow due process?.

Is it right for our Authority to make moves that is detrimental to our collective aspect as a people

Is it Right to treat a certain set of people as untouchable, due to their region religion, and some other things I will not like to mention here,

And is it right to force it on us, by threatening ban, and punishment, since, it is a continuous exercise, ??

Am waiting for your answers
Re: NIN Enrolment: Nigeria, Korea Sign $13 Million Agreement by NwaIgboBoy(m): 10:33am On Aug 06, 2021
And believe me Pantami will never rest until that money is looted

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Court Orders AGF To Remove Section 84(12) From Electoral Act / We’re Investigating MC Oluomo’s Threat Against Igbo – Lagos CP / Oluwo Of Tede: Kwara Police Arrest Another Isese Activist In Ibadan, Detain Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.