Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,270 members, 7,811,788 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:34 PM

How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine (28006 Views)

Vacancy For Goods Loaders And Water Carriers (males Only) 40k In Osapa-london / Married People With Children Earning Below 30k, How Do You Survive? / I Made 40k In A Week. It's Easy! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by 1F30M4(f): 3:58pm On Aug 08, 2021
If your place of work is in close proximity to your family house, you don't have to set aside money for house rent as well as tfare to & fro work.. You're then left with feeding, household upkeep & other expenses.. It's a good thing that you buy foodstuffs in bulk, that helps but then the inflation in the prices of goods & services on a daily basis makes it sooo hard for the common man to survive..

For you to better understand how your salary is spent, you could keep track of your expenses monthly so you know which is which and what you used your money to do.. For example:
JULY EXPENSES
i. Foodstuffs - xxxxx
ii. Utility bills - xxxxx
iii. Household items - xxxxx
iv. Medical bills - xxxxx
v. Miscellaneous - xxxxx
Total = xxxxx
Income - Exp = xxxxx

What does your sister do? Is she still schooling, school fees? Add that.. How much do you have left after doing the maths? Can it be used to generate more income? Sit and have a family discussion on how to stay afloat, how they can help out.. You're talking about people living fine lol when everybody is just trying to stay afloat now.

12 Likes

Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by heroshark(m): 5:54pm On Aug 08, 2021
Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by Ahumanbeing: 6:13pm On Aug 08, 2021
Have you people heard of port harcourt sef, complaining of bills here lol

1 Like

Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by Tmex(m): 6:13pm On Aug 08, 2021
Here's a possible advise for you.
Ensure you safe 30k monthly for as much as 10 months to make 300k with that start a small business that can give you at least 3k daily and have your sister manage it while you supervise at your free times.
That way your monthy revenue is increased.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by Karleb(m): 6:32pm On Aug 08, 2021
Greatness87:
With your 80k salary, you can spend the money as follows
20k for foodstuffs
10k for your personal expenses
10k for your mum's upkeep
That is 40k. Then you save 40k monthly

It's very easy to know who never start to dey collect salary.

To eat normally as a single person, even #40k no go reach you in a month.

#10k for which personal expenses? grin

I which you could collect #80k for 6 months then come back to share your testimony.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by Nobody: 6:48pm On Aug 08, 2021
HUSTLER001:
If you earn less than 100k and you reside in Lagos and single,better start preparing for life in the village because reality is beginning to set in and I need not say much about that and yes,to your question,check well those people earning less than 40k and living in Lagos are spirits. grin

Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by Sanni45(m): 6:56pm On Aug 08, 2021
1F30M4:
If your place of work is in close proximity to your family house, you don't have to set aside money for house rent as well as tfare to & fro work.. You're then left with feeding, household upkeep & other expenses.. It's a good thing that you buy foodstuffs in bulk, that helps but then the inflation in the prices of goods & services on a daily basis makes it sooo hard for the common man to survive..

For you to better understand how your salary is spent, you could keep track of your expenses monthly so you know which is which and what you used your money to do.. For example:
JULY EXPENSES
i. Foodstuffs - xxxxx
ii. Utility bills - xxxxx
iii. Household items - xxxxx
iv. Medical bills - xxxxx
v. Miscellaneous - xxxxx
Total = xxxxx
Income - Exp = xxxxx

What does your sister do? Is she still schooling, school fees? Add that.. How much do you have left after doing the maths? Can it be used to generate more income? Sit and have a family discussion on how to stay afloat, how they can help out.. You're talking about people living fine lol when everybody is just trying to stay afloat now.
You did a nice breakdown anyway but then life happens, you know.

5 Likes

Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by ToastingAllowan: 7:35pm On Aug 08, 2021
Lag

1 Like

Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by EasternActivist: 7:43pm On Aug 08, 2021
RenerdsMedia:

But you are already turning 4k to millions, how come are you still complaining of 80k
Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by sisisioge: 8:06pm On Aug 08, 2021
grin grin grin grin

That's Lagos for you o....even those that earn 300k are not still able to make ends meet properly. By the time to take rent, transportation, food and other bills, you can barely save 50k. It is well. People that are earning 500k and above are the ones smiling o.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by Imustnottalk: 8:19pm On Aug 08, 2021
HUSTLER001:
If you earn less than 100k and you reside in Lagos and single,better start preparing for life in the village because reality is beginning to set in and I need not say much about that and yes,to your question,check well those people earning less than 40k and living in Lagos are spirits. grin
alot of graduate are earning below 100k in Lagos and they are still surviving

7 Likes

Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by bukatyne(f): 9:40pm On Aug 08, 2021
ebijimi7:
Good day guys
I'm a single guy but I have a family to carter for, and that's my mum and sister.
The problem is I earn 80k in lagos and I don't know its just not enough for me
And I'm not paying a rent I live in family house.
Can someone please tell me how to manage my resources because very soon I would want to stand alone and start my own family.
Thanks.

How old is your mother?

Why are you financially responsible for your sister? What's stopping her from looking for a source of income?

@Your Topic:

Most low income earners feed off people they think are doing better; they are the 'please I need children's fees' or 'house rent' peeps.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by HUSTLER001: 10:53pm On Aug 08, 2021
Imustnottalk:
alot of graduate are earning below 100k in Lagos and they are still surviving
congratulation

1 Like

Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 9:31am On Aug 09, 2021
blizard44:

Do you live in Lagos?

I bet, no.

All these calculations no dey work for Lagos nah.

You'll be earning 200k and spending with all sense of prudency yet you won't have 20k in savings at the end of the month.

The thing be like JuJu. grin

People go dey work for island dey collect 250k yet dem go still dey live for Pako Estate.

You know how many people dey live for General Paint, Kuramo , Jakande and Maroko endless shanties?

Half of the islanders live in these holes and earn way more than 100k.

Even to buy one polo na problem.

Who born you make you fit chop belleful for Lagos? Can you afford it? 1k go down for one sitting.

Imagine say you chop three times. cheesy

Guy. I support your comment with 1 bottle of mortuary standard big Stout. grin

Who no go, nor go know!

I have resolved to pack to my village and start farming next year. I have tried. Lekki life and Lagos won't kill me. I can't fit continue, biko. grin

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by davidtemi(m): 1:03pm On Aug 09, 2021
Even me dat earn 180k sef dey complain bitterly

1 Like

Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by robinfemi: 1:03pm On Aug 09, 2021
Grace
Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by Lawalemi(m): 1:03pm On Aug 09, 2021
My brother, na die o.

You would see people at bus stop waiting for hours just because of 50 naira difference in transport fare. 200 - 250
All because they want to make ends meet.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by cosse(m): 1:06pm On Aug 09, 2021
Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by Fiscus105(m): 1:07pm On Aug 09, 2021
ebijimi7:
Good day guys
I'm a single guy but I have a family to carter for, and that's my mum and sister.
Can someone please tell me how to manage my resources because very soon I would want to stand alone and start my own family.
Thanks.

In Lagos larger % are ther to serve very few who are rich.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by cosse(m): 1:07pm On Aug 09, 2021
Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by PitexyBaba(m): 1:08pm On Aug 09, 2021
ebijimi7:
Good day guys
Thanks.

Nah 30k I dy collect... I don tire ...
I go happy if you can connect me to that 80k first make I see how e go be bros.

11 Likes

Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by Fiscus105(m): 1:08pm On Aug 09, 2021
davidtemi:
Even me dat earn 180k sef dey complain bitterly

You might be earning 1M and still be lamenting sir.

3 Likes

Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by do4luv14(m): 1:08pm On Aug 09, 2021
ebijimi7:
My dear I don't spend in transport my place if work is a Stone throw from my house and I do buy food stuff monthly and put in the house but the economy this days is just something else

Apart from those things, what is that thing you like doing which consume money,

And can you calculate your monthly expenses
Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by Nobody: 1:11pm On Aug 09, 2021
Greatness87:
With your 80k salary, you can spend the money as follows
20k for foodstuffs
10k for your personal expenses
10k for your mum's upkeep
That is 40k. Then you save 40k monthly

Analyzer!
Na so e easy?

10 Likes

Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by brainhgeek(m): 1:16pm On Aug 09, 2021
Those who earn 200k in Oyo State are finding it hard let alone earning 80k in Lagos.
My friend, Nigeria is too messy to depend on your salary. Find a side hustle

8 Likes

Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by davidtemi(m): 1:17pm On Aug 09, 2021
Fiscus105:

You might be earning 1M and still be lamenting sir.
very true bro
Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by UncleJudax(m): 1:18pm On Aug 09, 2021
blizard44:

Do you live in Lagos?

I bet, no.

All these calculations no dey work for Lagos nah.

You'll be earning 200k and spending with all sense of prudency yet you won't have 20k in savings at the end of the month.

The thing be like JuJu. grin

People go dey work for island dey collect 250k yet dem go still dey live for Pako Estate.

You know how many people dey live for General Paint, Kuramo , Jakande and Maroko endless shanties?

Half of the islanders live in these holes and earn way more than 100k.

Even to buy one polo na problem.

Who born you make you fit chop belleful for Lagos? Can you afford it? 1k go down for one sitting.

Imagine say you chop three times. cheesy

I gbadun the humour-laden reality jare. Lagos matter wear jersey i swear! Who no go, no go know.

7 Likes

Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by Nobody: 1:19pm On Aug 09, 2021
ebijimi7:
My dear I don't spend in transport my place if work is a Stone throw from my house and I do buy food stuff monthly and put in the house but the economy this days is just something else
learn forex or you can invest

Invest in the foreign exchange market and receive 5% of your capital daily proof of identification will be provided for the sefty of your capital feel free to message me to get started you can start with any amount and receive 5% daily with proof call or text me to join the group 09023308112
Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by Nobody: 1:20pm On Aug 09, 2021
If you learn forex you can use 50k to make 250k daily trading the foreign exchange market
Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by jaxxy(m): 1:21pm On Aug 09, 2021
ebijimi7:
Good day guys
Thanks.

If I recommend you a book that cud literally and practically solve ur problem will u read it??
Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by Ajiswaggs(m): 1:21pm On Aug 09, 2021
Start side hustle
Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by Codeye(m): 1:22pm On Aug 09, 2021
Seriously I don't understand what you guys are taking about here o LAGOS with 80k shey u dey whine me no? E no fit work! Unless there is extra income coming from other sources... I was Living in Lagos and Self employed I spent nothing less than 6k on recharge card only food stuffs or feeding about 90k only me oh! I no even dey pay home rent then...hmm, when I come Ilorin Kwara state so...to go back dey fear me because of the expenses. Things are relatively cheap in Ilorin
So abeg he no fit work

12 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Now I Believe In Connection / Edo University Massive Recruitment For Academic And Non-academic Staff / Rejected For A Job Because I Was Too Short.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.