Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:49 AM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1592) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4581894 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1589) (1590) (1591) (1592) (1593) (1594) (1595) ... (6185) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by LordEmperoris1(m): 11:15pm On Jun 10, 2016
Meanwhile Lahm > > > > Alves
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by mcdreeezy: 11:51pm On Jun 10, 2016
All this arguments make no sense.

I'm here wondering why Spain is playing on a Monday afternoon. It's almost impossible to see the game now angry
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by GBR1(m): 12:20am On Jun 11, 2016
chic2pimp:

Even if we both agree that Alves is an above average defender, He still isn't what I would class a good defender. Barca almost total domination of the ball made him look like a much better defender than He actually was.
To all intents and purposes, the part in bold is true for most defenders but here I'm not trying to argue he's world class at defending. I have stated he's decent enough(above average) and this coupled with his extraordinary attacking abilities made him that good as RB. I think we found a common level.

As an avid follower of Serie A, i'd be the last person to underrate Maicon. From 2008-2010,He was quite possibly the best RB in world football(He was extraordinary during Inter's treble winning campaign). Having said all that, His decline was hard and fast and still Alves couldn't dislodge him.
It's not as easy as you trying to make it appear. Casillas form has declined ridiculously since 2013, why is he still ahead of De Gea?
I'm not trying to draw exact parallels with this example but just take note of what i'm implying here
Maicon had been a mainstay for the Selecao long before Alves emergence winning multiple and important titles with them.It's not surprising he stayed long or was difficult to displace. Alves had his chance when he was the preferred starter in the beginning of one Copa America( can't remember the exact year) but failed to take advantage and Maicon came in to replace him subsequently but I still think he managed some respectable number of appearances. Currently and even as at the time Maicon was off, Alves had earned more caps than him.
I don't necessary need to go into details regards Maicon and Alves because this debate isn't centered between them but rather Alves with Lahm. You shouldn't have used it as a beating stick for Alves in the first place.
Felipao should take the blame for persisting with Fred not Dunga whose striker of choice was Fabiano.
I got the exact details here wrong then, still..
Also Carlos amassing that number of caps had all to do with Brazil having no better option at the position during that period.
This is quite false. I doubt another player who was better at defending than Carlos would have taken his place in the national team simply on the basis that he was better at defending. Since the 90s football changed so much such that the duties of fullbacks evolved to cater for more attacking instincts. Brazil was an hot bed for this and being good at attacking was equally important as defending, or even more. A good number of wingers got converted into fullbacks because of this and it was highly beneficial at the time. So Carlos rightfully earned his place not because of less competition or some petty reason like that.
Not forgetting that He was the the starting Left Wingback for the Biggest club in the world for well over a decade.
Barcelona is not the biggest club in the world and hasn't been the biggest in over 50 years or as far back as i can remember. Starting at Barcelona doesn't guarantee anything though. I won't be surprised if someone takes me up on this.
Once more let me state this, I have never once called Alves a poor defender. I said that He was an average defender.
Your definition of average might need a review then, because if Alves is average, then by your definition Lahm should just be barely above average at defending(if we're actually agreeing Lahm's better at defending). The difference in attacking class between them should however should be enough to compensate for Alves and even help him surpass Lahm in being the better RB overall.

I'll have a good look at both player's defensive stats in a moment. I'll be happy to be proven wrong.
This can only be a good thing.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 1:38am On Jun 11, 2016
Who else is using sellotape to hold back their eyelids so they can watch Messi play? grin grin

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 4:43am On Jun 11, 2016
A40:

Rack my brain for a halfwit like you? I don't need more than 5 minutes to compose your dirge.

You are an unrepentant eediot. Instead of you to admit your goof you are trying to weasel your way out of it. What a vajayjay. Who are you correcting? Who equipped you with those tools? Won ma ti teba were fun eleyi sha.

"Stop using something you know little knowledge about"

Is this the kind of simpleton that wants to correct someone? Look at this Alaba rago urchin trying to form intellectual. Ko ni ragba fun e

Save your boring and ret@rded narrative for someone who cares. Killed and buried? Even the people you are advocating for cannot claim such so stop famzing you ignorant poof.

You started throwing the ad hominems, you are denying and now claiming you are correcting me. Your lies can resurrect the dead, I am convinced you lie for a living.

It was an irrelevant question. What do goals and assists have to do with evaluating fullbacks? Who has more goals and assists between Maldini and Fernando Hierro? Anyway I have come to expect such stewpid questions from an Up Barka, Up Messi charlatan like you.

Stand you? What a skrep. I have taken on brighter minds and dispatched them without a stain on my shirt

Shameless liar. Show one instance where I resorted to insults before you did. You lie without any decorum or shame.

Phoool. Telling more lies than O.J Simpson on Trial
Up Messi!!! cheesycheesycheesy Did you see the demi-god? grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 4:45am On Jun 11, 2016
bykebyke:
Who else is using sellotape to hold back their eyelids so they can watch Messi play? grin grin
Messi is a god! Simple! A40 what do you think? cheesy
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 4:46am On Jun 11, 2016
Came on in the 62nd minute and scored a hat-trick. Wow! What a way to start the competition.

Nice one boss! cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by NonFarmPayrol: 6:09am On Jun 11, 2016
nice way to.rely drugadona

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by marqueetim(m): 6:48am On Jun 11, 2016
happy for messi, but cnt trust Argentina again. Will jux keep watching sipping my Kunu without much ado.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Shaadey: 8:54am On Jun 11, 2016
dmcdad:
Came on in the 62nd minute and scored a hat-trick. Wow! What a way to start the competition.

Nice one boss! cheesy
Pls when did they play the match
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Olamyyde(m): 10:34am On Jun 11, 2016
Beard messi is the best messi. Imagine messi playing with beard full like sergio ramos. Abeg messi no shave ur beard ooo
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 10:47am On Jun 11, 2016
Shaadey:
Pls when did they play the match
2:30am.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 10:47am On Jun 11, 2016
Olamyyde:
Beard messi is the best messi. Imagine messi playing with beard full like sergio ramos. Abeg messi no shave ur beard ooo
E fit am die walai! cheesy
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Shaadey: 11:17am On Jun 11, 2016
dmcdad:
hm ok... What about the scoreline
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Shaadey: 11:17am On Jun 11, 2016
dmcdad:
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jun 11, 2016

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jun 11, 2016
Cable and krasid right now

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jstbeinhonest(m): 5:22pm On Jun 11, 2016
GBR1:

Barcelona is not the biggest club in the world and hasn't been the biggest in over 50 years or as far back as i can remember.

Over the past decade,what is the name of the biggest club in the world?.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by GBR1(m): 5:30pm On Jun 11, 2016
jstbeinhonest:

Over the past decade,what is the name of the biggest club in the world?.
United and Madrid have been the biggest at various points in time in this decade, Barcelona never in that frame of time even with overwhelming football success in that period relative to others. I sincerely hope you didn't ask that just to get a debate.

Barcelona is many things but not the biggest; you guys should know your place.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jun 11, 2016
GBR1:

United and Madrid have been the biggest at various points in time in this decade, Barcelona never in that frame of time even with overwhelming football success in that period relative to others. I sincerely hope you didn't ask that just to get a debate.

I don't think u knw wat u r saying

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jstbeinhonest(m): 6:16pm On Jun 11, 2016
GBR1:

By what parameter is manu a bigger club than barca.3 parameters are used in judging what club is the biggest in the world.
1.Wealth and Income.
2.Success on the field of play
3.Fanbase.
Over the past 10yrs,Barça have been number 1,in the 2nd and 3rd parameters and are still trashing man u in the 1st parameter.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jstbeinhonest(m): 6:26pm On Jun 11, 2016
Shaadey:

5 0
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 6:54pm On Jun 11, 2016
Shaadey:
Argentina won by 5 goals to nil.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by GBR1(m): 7:33pm On Jun 11, 2016
TRendlona:

I don't think u knw wat u r saying
Unluckily for you, i have too much time on my hands I know exactly what i'm saying and i can prove it. That image you posted is quite useless as it's only showing how much success you guys have enjoyed over the years relative to other clubs. It doesn't say you are biggest or anything like that. You guys aren't even the biggest in our own home country (Spain), so it's a travesty to refer to Barcelona are as the biggest in the world.
It's obvious again you don't understand the concept of time frame and football sucess so i would break down my explanation into simpler bits for you to digest. In footballing countries, the league title is the most prestigious followed by the major domestic cup which is a very distant second( i know some of your folks here don't know the difference between a cup and a title); for example in England we have the PL title and the FA cup, in Spain the la liga title and the Copa del rey, in Italy the Scudetto and the Copa Italia, in Germany the Bundesliga title and the DFB pokal etc
Now Madrid has a considerable lead over you guys in the number of league titles while you guys have more cups and even hold the record. I have already established a title is far relevant than a cup, so Madrid owns Barcelona here. In Europe the destruction is even worse when you consider that you guys have 5 CL while Madrid has over the double of that figure. So you guys are pretty much playing catch up to Madrid. Whether Barcelona have won more la liga titles or CL than Madrid in the last 10 or even 50 years more than Madrid is useless if Madrid still has the higher tally. Maybe in the next 15 years Barcelona might meet up but currently and even in the last 10 years, Madrid still has the higher tally /figure so they are still very much bigger.
United has just 3 CLs and Madrid 11. For example In the next 10 years if United goes on to win 5 CLs while Madrid win none in that time frame, would it mean United have become better/bigger club in Europe even more than Madrid? Would 8 automatically become bigger than 11 by then?

That's how silly you Barcelona folks sound when you try to use the relatively higher success in the last 10 years to claim you are bigger than Madrid. If you can't understand this, then i can't help you further and i won't even bother trying to explain to you again because I've done an excellent job already.

3 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jun 11, 2016
GBR1:
Unluckily for you, i have too much time on my hands I know exactly what i'm saying and i can prove it. That image you posted is quite useless as it's only showing how much success you guys have enjoyed over the years relative to other clubs. It doesn't say you are biggest or anything like that. You guys aren't even the biggest in our own home country (Spain), so it's a travesty to refer to Barcelona are as the biggest in the world.
It's obvious again you don't understand the concept of time frame and football sucess so i would break down my explanation into simpler bits for you to digest. In footballing countries, the league title is the most prestigious followed by the major domestic cup which is a very distant second( i know some of your folks here don't know the difference between a cup and a title); for example in England we have the PL title and the FA cup, in Spain the la liga title and the Copa del rey, in Italy the Scudetto and the Copa Italia, in Germany the Bundesliga title and the DFB pokal etc
Now Madrid has a considerable lead over you guys in the number of league titles while you guys have more cups and even hold the record. I have already established a title is far relevant than a cup, so Madrid owns Barcelona here. In Europe the destruction is even worse when you consider that you guys have 5 CL while Madrid has over the double of that figure. So you guys are pretty much playing catch up to Madrid. Whether Barcelona have won more la liga titles or CL than Madrid in the last 10 or even 50 years more than Madrid is useless if Madrid still has the higher tally. Maybe in the next 15 years Barcelona might meet up but currently and even in the last 10 years, Madrid still has the higher tally /figure so they are still very much bigger.
United has just 3 CLs and Madrid 11. For example In the next 10 years if United goes on to win 5 CLs while Madrid win none in that time frame, would it mean United have become better/bigger club in Europe even more than Madrid? Would 8 automatically become bigger than 11 by then?

That's how silly you Barcelona folks sound when you try to use the relatively higher success in the last 10 years to claim you are bigger than Madrid. If you can't understand this, then i can't help you further and i won't even bother trying to explain to you again because I've done an excellent job already.
Lol. Few Barca fans here started following football in 2009. To them, the last 10 is all that matters. Nothing concern them with the years b4 dat. Even dat one went to post meme of Barca titles as if Football started in 1991.
I dont quite agree on United being bigger than Barca at any point in this decade tho.

Anyways, According to this ur analysis, can u tell me who is bigger between United and Liverpool, and Barca and Bayern
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by homesteady(m): 7:49pm On Jun 11, 2016
Oh Jesus, Sanctify my eyes! I've never read this much fuckery in my lifetime!

GBR1 please don't destroy the little reps you have gained here over your contribution on the Lahm Vs Alves issue!

this was your initial post -
United and Madrid have been the biggest at various points in time in this decade

So why are you now referring to trophies that were won over a million years ago! I know you know what decade means, I hope I'm not wrong.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by BarcaBlood: 8:00pm On Jun 11, 2016
@gbr1 applause to u, go ahead and take a bow already

kindly explain how man utd have been the biggest club in d world over d last decade
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by GBR1(m): 8:11pm On Jun 11, 2016
jstbeinhonest:

By what parameter is manu a bigger club than barca.3 parameters are used in judging what club is the biggest in the world.
1.Wealth and Income.
2.Success on the field of play
3.Fanbase.
Over the past 10yrs,Barça have been number 1,in the 2nd and 3rd parameters and are still trashing man u in the 1st parameter.
Good. You got the parameters right but the part in bold is false.
Wealth and Income: United were first as far back from the beginning of the 21st century (2007 in the link) till 2012 while Madrid have been first from 2013 till date( not for long). Barcelona were never first. I repeat, never first so they were never the biggest regards financial terms in that time frame.

This is a link to the compilation of most valuable football clubs by the most reputable financial magazine/agency Forbes from 2007 till date and it correlates with what I've stated.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forbes%27_list_of_the_most_valuable_football_clubs.

Success on the field on play: I don't even need to debate this because it's pure falsehood. In the last 10 years you guys are playing catch up to Madrid and even now are still playing catch up in terms of success on the field. Madrid was the most successful club and still the most successful club even now. At least United are the biggest in England; We have the highest number of league titles and FA club( shared record with assnal) and it's only in CL that another English club surpasses United(Liverpool has 5). Overtake Madrid first like United overtook Liverpool in England, then we can take you guys more seriously.

Fanbase: This is where United has always been ahead( since the beginning of this century) and is still very much ahead currently. United has the highest number of fans in the world and there's no debate here. I would try to be nice and give you a fun fact here; Barcelona has the highest number of fans in Europe, but that's it and it ends there. Worldwide it's not close at all. In fact i think we have double the number of fans of the next club in line. I have attached links again as proof.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2012/may/29/manchester-united-premierleague
http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Club-News/2012/May/manchester-united-global-following-confirmed-as-659million.aspx?pageNo=1

Now currently United in the last 10 years was one the biggest club in the world in terms of fan base and financial value but now United is only biggest in terms of fan base while Madrid currently is the biggest in terms of football success and financial value. These are proven facts. So tell me what is Barcelona biggest at? or what has Barcelona been biggest at in the last 10 years or even 50 years? Absolutely nothing!

I warned you guys earlier that you guys should know your place but you wouldn't listen and here's the result of your disobedience. You should be debating who's bigger between Barcelona and Bayern but not United or Madrid. I repeat, know your place so Barcelona won't get exposed like this the next time. I won't be very nice next time, and believe me i have more to say.

5 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by GBR1(m): 8:13pm On Jun 11, 2016
AdeLaNa1:
Lol. Few Barca fans here started following football in 2009. To them, the last 10 is all that matters. Nothing concern them with the years b4 dat. Even dat one went to post meme of Barca titles as if Football started in 1991.
I dont quite agree on United being bigger than Barca at any point in this decade tho.

Anyways, According to this ur analysis, can u tell me who is bigger between United and Liverpool, and Barca and Bayern
United is far bigger than any of those 3 clubs you mentioned. Read my previous post.
Sorry it seems you don't really know our club as much as i do. You'll see what i mean when i'm done educating these Barcelona folks who seem to have forgotten their place because they've enjoyed too much success recently.

4 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by BarcaBlood: 8:15pm On Jun 11, 2016
AdeLaNa1:

everyone started following footie at a point, u might av bin a follower since d early 90s; doesn't necessarily mean u knw more dan a folk who started watchin in d 2000s. itz all abt knowing ur onions when soccer issues are being discussed.

d issue is over d last decade (10 years), which has been d biggest club in d world? cant believe any1 thinks RM n man utd edges barca in that regard, tho i respect d fact that u think otherwise, even as a man utd fan
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by BarcaBlood: 8:35pm On Jun 11, 2016
gbr1 takes hating 2 a whole new level grin

FC Barcelona have won more trophies that both man utd and r madrid over d last decade, yet u claim they're not d biggest at anything at all

Club finances and fan base can never edge on the field success; EVER. Trophies are what fans clamour for, d wealth is irrelevant if it doesnt bring success on d field. ask arsenal fc fans
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jun 11, 2016
GBR1:
United is far bigger than any of those 3 clubs you mentioned. Read my previous post.
Sorry it seems you don't really know our club as much as i do. You'll see what i mean when i'm done educating these Barcelona folks who seem to have forgotten their place because they've enjoyed too much success recently.
lol. Even if i really dont know United as much as u do, i still know United pretty well. And of cos i know United is bigger Liverpool. Just needed to be sure grin
United being bigger than Bayern is still debatable. But United is not as big as Bigger at the moment. Not now and not in the last 10 yrs. Sure United is still wealthier than Barca and was bigger than Barca before that 2009 final. But since then, Barca has overtaken United and ve won considerably more trophies and are financially stable as well. Simply put, Barca is bigger than United.

But personally i dont like using the last decade in this type of arguments coz football dint start in 2006. Neither did it start in 1992. And that's why Madrid are still the biggest club on this planet!!

And just for reference, my two maybe three most parameters in determining a big club are:
1. Total number of major trophies won
2. Financial strength and stability
3. Fanbase which for me is negligible in this case

(1) (2) (3) ... (1589) (1590) (1591) (1592) (1593) (1594) (1595) ... (6185) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.