Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,735 members, 7,831,341 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:21 PM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1595) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4623944 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1592) (1593) (1594) (1595) (1596) (1597) (1598) ... (6207) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jstbeinhonest(m): 12:39am On Jun 12, 2016
Dadehmola:

if the emboldened is the best you can offer, there's nothing i can do to help you bro..

Straight up question.Which is the bigger team.Man u or barca?.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Eruditor: 12:41am On Jun 12, 2016
What I can't fathom is how such dumb posts filled with garbage reasoning is garnering these amount of likes.

Some people just hate Barcelona shaaaa.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by raumdeuter: 12:45am On Jun 12, 2016
diggz:
So whatever happened before the 10years should be ignored,right?

I think gbr1s position takes a more holistic overview rather than the 10years period.

Abeg Dk, no ask me jamb questions o! I be observer wey wan enjoy the happenings here. No wan involve myself in anyway grin

The people debating stated a decade, If you still remove the decade, its still the team that has won more titles on the field all time not some silly who has more fans who has more money. Guaghouz evergrade might have more fans than some european top clubs? Or some people might be fans of 7 clubs

Same with money, Last year Schalke04 made more money than Inter Milan, Tottenham made more money than AC Milan would you say they are bigger?

3 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by raumdeuter: 12:46am On Jun 12, 2016
diggz:
ManU dey.

ManU ko, ManQ ni.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by raumdeuter: 12:47am On Jun 12, 2016
Eruditor:
What I can't fathom is how such dumb posts filled with garbage reasoning is garnering these amount of likes.

Some people just hate Barcelona shaaaa.

It might be hate, or it might just be that they dont know and are ignorant
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by diggz: 12:52am On Jun 12, 2016
raumdeuter:

The people debating stated a decade, If you still remove the decade, its still the team that has won more titles on the field all time not some silly who has more fans who has more money. Guaghouz evergrade might have more fans than some european top clubs? Or some people might be fans of 7 clubs

Same with money, Last year Schalke04 made more money than Inter Milan, Tottenham made more money than AC Milan would you say they are bigger?

He did that already,using UCL and league titles (I am not sure if he used league though).

But, since you like using world cup and UCL depending on the position you have chosen to argue from,wouldn't he be right to claim Madrid as the bigger club?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by homesteady(m): 12:57am On Jun 12, 2016
But why would I say one football club is bigger than another club that has won far many more trophies, just because of a phantom census statistics that says they have more fans? GBR1 were you counted in the census or is there any Man Utd fan on Nairaland that was counted?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by raumdeuter: 12:57am On Jun 12, 2016
diggz:
He did that already,using UCL and league titles (I am not sure if he used league though).

But, since you like using world cup and UCL depending on the position you have chosen to argue from,wouldn't he be right to claim Madrid as the bigger club?

All time Madrid is the biggest club in Europe, followed by AC Milan

If the argument is all time I doubt anyone can argue that Madrid is the bigger team
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jstbeinhonest(m): 12:58am On Jun 12, 2016
diggz:

Madrid might be a bigger club,but Man U certainly is not,that is my bone of contention and GBR1 has been beating around the bush.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by raumdeuter: 1:01am On Jun 12, 2016
homesteady:
But why would I say one football club is bigger than another club that has won far many more trophies, just because of a phantom census statistics that says they have more fans?

We should also rate the biggest football club by how fine their jersey is, the number of beer they consume or the size of their stadium

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jstbeinhonest(m): 1:02am On Jun 12, 2016
homesteady:
But why would I say one football club is bigger than another club that has won far many more trophies, just because of a phantom census statistics that says they have more fans? GBR1 were you counted in the census or is there any Man Utd fan on Nairaland that was counted?

He claims since we dont have the largest trophy cabinet in spain,we cant be better than the club with the largest trophy cabinet in england.I have never come across a logic so stupiid.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by diggz: 1:10am On Jun 12, 2016
raumdeuter:

If the argument is all time I doubt anyone can argue that Madrid is the bigger team

Good! We are getting somewhere.

So what about manU bigger than barca and Bayern all time, based on the 3criterias they have been using since the arguement started?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by GBR1(m): 1:11am On Jun 12, 2016
I can see the vulture-like gathering of my adversaries on this thread already. grin They came to the party too late and they're now acting like scavengers. They won't get much attention from me though.

See a post by one mumu proving he never understood anything initially. Just jumping into the thread to argue and post foolishly.

It seems folks here can't just stick to the initial argument, instead of trying to debate scraps like United vs Barcelona vs Madrid because they know the initial is a dead end for them. They will fail at that simple task.
https://www.nairaland.com/669609/fc-barcelona-fan-thread-mes/1591#46482908 ; link to beginning of debate for newcomers.

I don't hate Barcelona (eruditor take note); you guys should stop using that falsehood to cover your your ineptitude and deficiencies.

Barcelona fans please tell me when exactly Barcelona was the biggest club in the world. What was Barcelona biggest at or what is Barcelona biggest at even currently?

Homesteady, sebod, ollah1, dmcdad etc

Your drivel is worthless to me, i'm still waiting for the answers i know you guys can't provide.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by raumdeuter: 1:19am On Jun 12, 2016
diggz:
Good! We are getting somewhere.

So what about manU bigger than barca and Bayern all time, based on the 3criterias they have been using since the arguement started?

what stupid criteria? The only criteria that matters is trophies won

Everyone too can start smuggling whatever criteria they want.

Barca fans too would say they have more Balon D or or WPOTY winners, Bayern fans would say they have more world cup winners which are actually more related to football than amount of money or amount of fans on facebook and instagran

Between football clubs the only thing that matters is trophies won
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 1:20am On Jun 12, 2016
raumdeuter:

Pls How exactly is AC Milan bigger than Barca?? Are u counting only UCL??
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Dadehmola: 1:22am On Jun 12, 2016
jstbeinhonest:

Straight up question.Which is the bigger team.Man u or barca?.

jstbeinhonest:

3 parameters are used in judging what club is the biggest in the world.
1.Wealth and Income.
2.Success on the field of play
3.Fanbase.

The argument isnt a Barca vs Man utd thingy - your understanding of number 2 is the crux of the matter here...

In this context of your No2 , success isnt like Uefa club coefficient rankings where the performance of a team over a stipulated period is used as a rank metric - Your records/ Trophy haul (even if it from 1435 B.C) matters the most. why do yo think Mn utd had to win an unprecedented 19th Epl title in order to overtake liverpool as the most successful club in England (on a domestic level ofcourse), despite the fact that Liverpool hadnt won a league title in about 20 years while Man utd won it 11 times in that same period?

G.B.R1's point is that Barca have to equal Madrid's UCl/league title haul before a proper debate can take place - the success recorded by your club in the last 10 years hasnt been enough to do so!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by raumdeuter: 1:24am On Jun 12, 2016
AdeLaNa1:
Pls How exactly is AC Milan bigger than Barca?? Are u counting only UCL??

CL to me is the biggest club competition which everyone recognizes and the only thing that counts
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jstbeinhonest(m): 1:27am On Jun 12, 2016
Dadehmola:

The argument isnt a Barca vs Man utd thingy - your understanding of number 2 is the crux of the matter here...

In this context of your No2 , success isnt like Uefa rankings where the performance of a team over a stipulated period is periodically used as a rank metric - Your records/ Trophy haul (even if it from 1435 B.C) matters the most. why do yo think Mn utd had to win an unprecedented 19th Epl title in order to overtake liverpool as the most successful club in England (on a domestic level ofcourse), despite the fact that Liverpool hadnt won a league title in about 20 years while Man utd won it 11 times in that same period?

G.B.R1's point is that Barca have to equal Madrid's UCl/league title haul before a proper debate can take place - the success recorded by your club in the last 10 years hasnt been enough to do so!

I cant find where I mentioned madrid in my question to you,I have pointed out that my bone of contention is where he stated that man u is a bigger team than barca.Firstly,I'd like to know if you agree with that statement.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by GBR1(m): 1:30am On Jun 12, 2016
Dadehmola:

In this context of your No2 , success isnt like Uefa rankings where the performance of a team over a stipulated period is periodically used as a rank metric - Your records/ Trophy haul (even if it from 1435 B.C) matters the most. why do yo think Mn utd had to win an unprecedented 19th Epl title in order to overtake liverpool as the most successful club in England (on a domestic level ofcourse), despite the fact that Liverpool hadnt won a league title in about 20 years while Man utd won it 11 times in that same period?

You are trying too hard to explain bro but it's obvious you are flogging a dead horse. These guys are like goats; they won't even listen or try to understand.
Just observe that one trying to change his "bone of contention" when he was the one who actually started the debate with this.

[img]http://cs627118.vk.me/v627118248/1e90f/D8GShs3WTuw.jpg[/img] [img]http://cs627118.vk.me/v627118248/1e905/C08qBTqWuzI.jpg[/img]

I wasn't even the one that came up with the criteria used, it was actually a Barcelona fan and i still those their indices to flog them on their thread. When it's obvious they have lost the initial argument and they can't go on, they resort to inventing new debates, arguing irrelevant points and telling of lies or trying to twist or manipulate my statements. That's the entirety of the last few pages.

5 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by incredible70(m): 1:38am On Jun 12, 2016
Dadehmola:

In this context of your No2 , success isnt like Uefa club coefficient rankings where the performance of a team over a stipulated period is used as a rank metric - Your records/ Trophy haul (even if it from 1435 B.C) matters the most. why do yo think Mn utd had to win an unprecedented 19th Epl title in order to overtake liverpool as the most successful club in England (on a domestic level ofcourse), despite the fact that Liverpool hadnt won a league title in about 20 years while Man utd won it 11 times in that same period?

Madrid is bigger than Barca in terms of League tittle and UCL league, so my question is who's bigger in terms of overall?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Dadehmola: 1:44am On Jun 12, 2016
jstbeinhonest:

I cant find where I mentioned madrid in my question to you,I have pointed out that my bone of contention is where he stated that man u is a bigger team than barca.Firstly,I'd like to know if you agree with that statement.

I cannot be retyping the clear assertions G.B.R.1 has made on this particular issue..

You really need to calm down, take a deep breathe and read his posts again, bro.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Dadehmola: 1:44am On Jun 12, 2016
incredible70:

Madrid is bigger than Barca in terms of League tittle and UCL league, so my question is who's bigger in terms of overall?

Real Madrid
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by incredible70(m): 1:48am On Jun 12, 2016
Dadehmola:

Real Madrid
Help me explain how Madrid it's better than Barca using the pic below.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 1:48am On Jun 12, 2016
raumdeuter:

CL to me is the biggest club competition which everyone recognizes and the only thing that counts
So its not total numba of major trophies won again?? If that's the case, Liverpool, Barcelona and Bayern are mates and Aston Villa is bigger than Atletico Madrid
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Dadehmola: 1:51am On Jun 12, 2016
raumdeuter:

If i may ask, do Schalke and Spurs have as much value as the aforementioned Milan clubs, despite their higher earnings?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jstbeinhonest(m): 1:52am On Jun 12, 2016
Dadehmola:

I cannot be retyping the clear assertions G.B.R.1 has made on this particular issue..

You really need to calm down, take a deep breathe and read his posts again, bro.

I've read over gb's post, and Im ok with the madrid part-If that is his understanding of best in the past decade-,but the man u part [where he claimed barça have to be better than madrid before they become better than man u] makes no sense.So i'm asking you ,man u or barca ,which is the bigger club?.Just pick one.EOD.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by BarcaBlood: 1:53am On Jun 12, 2016
^^^^^^ dis dude is still on this ishh grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Dadehmola: 1:53am On Jun 12, 2016
incredible70:

Help me explain how Madrid it's better than Barca using the pic below.

you are obviously among the people G.B.R.1 was refering to in this post...

GBR1:
Unluckily for you, i have too much time on my hands I know exactly what i'm saying and i can prove it. That image you posted is quite useless as it's only showing how much success you guys have enjoyed over the years relative to other clubs. It doesn't say you are biggest or anything like that. You guys aren't even the biggest in our own home country (Spain), so it's a travesty to refer to Barcelona are as the biggest in the world.
It's obvious again you don't understand the concept of time frame and football sucess so i would break down my explanation into simpler bits for you to digest. In footballing countries, the league title is the most prestigious followed by the major domestic cup which is a very distant second( i know some of your folks here don't know the difference between a cup and a title); for example in England we have the PL title and the FA cup, in Spain the la liga title and the Copa del rey, in Italy the Scudetto and the Copa Italia, in Germany the Bundesliga title and the DFB pokal etc
Now Madrid has a considerable lead over you guys in the number of league titles while you guys have more cups and even hold the record. I have already established a title is far relevant than a cup, so Madrid owns Barcelona here. In Europe the destruction is even worse when you consider that you guys have 5 CL while Madrid has over the double of that figure.
So you guys are pretty much playing catch up to Madrid. Whether Barcelona have won more la liga titles or CL than Madrid in the last 10 or even 50 years more than Madrid is useless if Madrid still has the higher tally. Maybe in the next 15 years Barcelona might meet up but currently and even in the last 10 years, Madrid still has the higher tally /figure so they are still very much bigger.
United has just 3 CLs and Madrid 11. For example In the next 10 years if United goes on to win 5 CLs while Madrid win none in that time frame, would it mean United have become better/bigger club in Europe even more than Madrid? Would 8 automatically become bigger than 11 by then?

That's how silly you Barcelona folks sound when you try to use the relatively higher success in the last 10 years to claim you are bigger than Madrid. If you can't understand this, then i can't help you further and i won't even bother trying to explain to you again because I've done an excellent job already.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by incredible70(m): 1:57am On Jun 12, 2016
Dadehmola:

you are obviously part of the people G.B.R.1 was refering to in this post...

So with these same logic, Liverpool is bigger and, better than Manchester united then. Yes or No?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by raumdeuter: 1:57am On Jun 12, 2016
AdeLaNa1:
So its not total numba of major trophies won again?? If that's the case, Liverpool, Barcelona and Bayern are mates and Aston Villa is bigger than Atletico Madrid

Personally the total number of trophies is rubbish. as some countries have more competitions. Like EPL have Carling, FA league and CL/Europa while other leagues have just 3.

The CL is the main big competition

All time Liverpool, Barca and Bayern are mates and Man Utd is below
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by raumdeuter: 2:01am On Jun 12, 2016
Dadehmola:

If i may ask, do Schalke and Spurs have as much value as the aforementioned Milan clubs, despite their higher earnings?

This was what I saw online, you can check their ranking too

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forbes%27_list_of_the_most_valuable_football_clubs

http://www.transfermarkt.com/spieler-statistik/wertvollstemannschaften/marktwertetop
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by GBR1(m): 2:06am On Jun 12, 2016
Adelana1 i hope you can now see how good the other criteria proposed by other folks are. I'm not gonna claim the criteria i used was perfect but it's far better than anything anyone on this thread has been able to come up with, or would ever come up with.
See this silly one for example
The CL is the main big competition

All time Liverpool, Barca and Bayern are mates and Man Utd is below
That means Aston Villa or Nottingham forest or Celtic or PSV are definitely bigger than Arsenal. grin grin

Liverpool and Ajax are bigger than United. Really? undecided

Cool logic. grin

My work is done here and I think I've had enough for tonight.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1592) (1593) (1594) (1595) (1596) (1597) (1598) ... (6207) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.