Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,590 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:56 PM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3032) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4588580 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3029) (3030) (3031) (3032) (3033) (3034) (3035) ... (6187) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by 10Dove(m): 9:05pm On Mar 18, 2018
In my more than 2 decades of following this sports, i'm yet to see that player that worked/works harder than cristiano tbfh! Niqqa is a top top proffessional.

4 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 9:35pm On Mar 18, 2018
these mumu people have started their argument again

Abeg if you want to argue, better go and create another thread for that and leave us to discuss Barcelona here

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ambs50: 9:47pm On Mar 18, 2018
patrickmuf:
I really don't know if it's arrogance or childishness or both that's your issue, your moniker is strange to me thus I presume you're new here. FYI, I'm a Manchester United fan...
Back to the crux of the matter, that a player can dribble doesn't necessarily mean he is a good player maker, check Hazard.
Many players have been able to combine dribbling and playmaking e.g Zidane, Iniesta, Iniesta, Ronaldinho etc
Others are great at playmaking e.g Kross, De Bruyne, Pirlo, Scholes, Alonso etc
Others are good at scoring goals e.g Shevchenko, Inzaghi, Drogba, Suarez, Ronaldo etc
Now, note that a great goal scorer might also be a good dribbler but only in instances, the keyword here is "prolific" whilst Suarez can wriggle his way past a defender, he isn't prolific at it thus you'd likely have most folks rate him as a great goal scorer and most likely a playmaker (he was in his Liverpool days).
Ronaldo was great at dribbling but to keep pace with Messi, he had to ditch dribbling to concentrate on scoring so, you'd find most folks rate him him for his goal scoring prowess rather than dribbling.
The same applies to Pele, he could dribble yes but was he prolific at it? Did he do the playmaking often? The answer is no, those who saw that Brazilian team or who have watched documentaries or analysts talk about team will tell you the playmaker was Garrincha, even Pele will tell you that.
R9 was a fantastic dribbler and goal scorer but he wasn't quite as prolific when it came to playmaking.
Messi on the other hand has the numbers to back up the argument, he dribbles just as well as he scores and play makes, the one player who is close to Messi at present is Neymar but he needs to be a little more direct I.e cut some unnecessary dribbles...

Bruv, your analysis is objective and spot on given d fact that u admitted u are a Man Utd fan...I give it to u bro, u re objective.

Abeg go work as sport analyst for radio..u too sabi.

NB: pls dnt waste ur energy or reply those people dat troll a lot. Leave them to their biased motives.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Olamyyde(m): 11:11pm On Mar 18, 2018
Ororo dey vex oo shocked

From less goals than Paulinho to only 3 less than Messi now.

8 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ClumsyFlimsy: 11:29pm On Mar 18, 2018
As a barca fan; I must say Ronaldo is really a great player

In this era, he is second only to goat grin

22goals despite losing form no be here o whether tap in or not

7 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by idreezbaba(m): 11:34pm On Mar 18, 2018
Ronaldo just keeps piling up unimportant goals.. at the beginning of the season when his team needed him. error 404 not found! but now he is looking for personal glory ..

7 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by FBS: 11:41pm On Mar 18, 2018
dmcdad:

The same Roma that destroyed Chelsea? Wow...
In one of the worst performances of any team over 2 legs?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Melvyn11: 11:47pm On Mar 18, 2018
idreezbaba:
Ronaldo just keeps piling up unimportant goals.. at the beginning of the season when his team needed him. error 404 not found! but now he is looking for personal glory ..
You are a fool I swear. what brought Ronaldo name to a barca thread? So all the 50la Liga goals messi scored in 2011/2012 where also unimportant and just statpadding.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by SerVik(m): 11:47pm On Mar 18, 2018
ClumsyFlimsy:
As a barca fan; I must say Ronaldo is really a great player

In this era, he is second only to goat grin

22goals despite losing form no be here o whether tap in or not
He deserves some plaudits.

But it's a little too late for this gra gra
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ClumsyFlimsy: 11:54pm On Mar 18, 2018
SerVik:

He deserves some plaudits.

But it's a little too late for this gra gra
Exactly bro... at all at all him go save him team from champions League playoff cheesy whereas barca go collect treble

Anyways ronaldo is the most hardworking player; he rarely gives up and sometimes turns his frustration to strength when he is losing. At least he serves as competition if some sort to Messi in goal scoring prowess

But all in all sha Messi is still the goat grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by RoyalBlak007: 12:11am On Mar 19, 2018
..Would really ♡ to see Napoli win the "Serie A" . Played so hard

Just two points behind Juventus on the log. cheesy (Next game JUVENTUS vs AC MĮLAN)
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by eyoniggar(m): 8:31am On Mar 19, 2018
I hear sey that guy wey them dey call EPO, red oil paced a bet with his team mate sey him go win the pichichi over the GOAT "Messi"

I just dey laugh sha! Instead of planning on how to win the UCL, he is planning on winning personal accolade. At this point, na for Suarez to dey pass all the Ball to Messi, Pichichi ko! Minini ni.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by hardeycute(m): 9:55am On Mar 19, 2018
Melvyn11:

You are a fool I swear. what brought Ronaldo name to a barca thread? So all the 50la Liga goals messi scored in 2011/2012 where also unimportant and just statpadding.
The midget even missed a penalty kick in UCL against Chelsea resulting into Barka not progressing .

He doesn't score,it is a problem and when he scores they don't have peace of mind.

8 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Neymar1095(m): 10:56am On Mar 19, 2018
hardeycute:
The midget even missed a penalty kick in UCL against Chelsea resulting into Barka not progressing .

He doesn't score,it is a problem and when he scores they don't have peace of mind.
Messi would have won 10 Ballon d'Ors, He is unlucky to born in Cristiano Ronaldo Era.

9 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by phaamsaam: 11:17am On Mar 19, 2018
[/b]‘Lobo’ Carrasco (Former Barça player) while having a "Messi or Cristiano" discussion on El Chiringuito, a Spanish sports television program: "I invite you to discuss Messi or Cristiano when the Portuguese doesn't score. I can do that with Messi." [Via BlaugranaHome][b]
SHOTS FIRED!!!!

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by phaamsaam: 11:17am On Mar 19, 2018
Most Barça clean sheets ever in a single season #fcblive

2014-15: 33 (60 games)
2011-12: 32 (64 games)
2009-10: 31 (59 games)
2010-11: 30 (62 games)

2017-18: 30 (47 games) ���

1986-87: 29 (54 games)
1988-89: 28 (55 games)
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by phaamsaam: 11:18am On Mar 19, 2018
One of the main reasons Barcelona has another goalscorer (Suárez) with 21 goals is because Messi is good at associative play. Meanwhile, Ronaldo is the reason why Bale, Benzema, and co. have struggled to score 15+ goals in the past few seasons. The team plays for Ronaldo.

5 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ClumsyFlimsy: 11:21am On Mar 19, 2018
phaamsaam:
One of the main reasons Barcelona has another goalscorer (Suárez) with 21 goals is because Messi is good at associative play. Meanwhile, Ronaldo is the reason why Bale, Benzema, and co. have struggled to score 15+ goals in the past few seasons. The team plays for Ronaldo.
Imagine na Benzema get highest assist for Madrid cheesy

High assist and low goals for a supposedly top 9

Lol
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by phaamsaam: 11:22am On Mar 19, 2018
EXCERPTS FROM MESSI'S INTERVIEW

Messi: "Losing and drawing are the same thing. That's what I have set my mind to."

Messi: "Achieving the World Cup is my dream and its my main objective, but I have to win trophies with Barça first. After the end of the season, it will be World Cup time and I will try to fulfill the wishes of the Argentine people and my teammates."
Messi: "I suffer a lot and I'm very sorry for what Argentina is today."

Messi: "The reality of my country is insecurity. I look at tomorrow and I think about returning to Rosario and enjoying my city because I was not able to do that as a kid. I had to come to Barcelona, something that I don't regret, but I'm worried about Argentina."

Messi: "Robberies happen all over the world, but its crazy to think that it could happen to you as well. I knows it's not impossible, but I remember I was out on the street all day and nothing happened."

When was the last time you cried?

Messi: "I cried with joy when Mateo was born. Thiago was a complicated birth, not everything went as expected. Mateo's birth was calmer, and the news of the third was huge happiness too."

Messi: "Thiago loves football. He goes to a football school made by Barça where all the children of my teammates play."

Messi: "There was a time where comments affected and criticized me badly. That was then, not much now. They were saying things out of place, that had nothing to do with football. When people talk about my private life and in reality, nothing happens, that makes me angry."

Messi: "Achieving the World Cup is my dream and its my main objective, but I have to win trophies with Barça first. After the end of the season, it will be World Cup time and I will try to fulfill the wishes of the Argentine people and my teammates."

Messi: "My brothers were bigger and they had things in Argentina; they wanted to go back. They left and then my sister with her mother. I was left alone with my dad in Barcelona when I was younger."

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Melvyn11: 11:23am On Mar 19, 2018
hardeycute:

Barça fans will just look for anything to tame Ronaldo , very soon we will see things
like " Ronaldo doesn't comb his hair"

8 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by phaamsaam: 11:24am On Mar 19, 2018
Neymar1095:

Messi would have won 10 Ballon d'Ors, He is unlucky to born in Cristiano Ronaldo Era.

Let's see how this goes... At the end of both careers we would know who was unlucky
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by phaamsaam: 11:25am On Mar 19, 2018
Melvyn11:

Barça fans will just look for anything to tame Ronaldo , very soon we will see things
like " Ronaldo doesn't comb his hair"

We have accepted now, Mr wanderer, run to ya thread... Oh sorry you have got none to run to??
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Neymar1095(m): 11:26am On Mar 19, 2018
phaamsaam:
Twitter thief lol.

3 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by phaamsaam: 11:28am On Mar 19, 2018
Lobo: "Alba is off by 15."

Juanma (Madridista journo): "15 centimeters, right?"

Lobo: "No, 15 points."

I CANT BREATH grin grin grin shocked shocked

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by phaamsaam: 11:29am On Mar 19, 2018
Neymar1095:

Twitter thief lol.
safe to say I took some lessons from the greatest grin

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by phaamsaam: 11:31am On Mar 19, 2018
Ter Stegen is now the leader of the Zamora Trophy with only 13 goals conceded! Oblak has let in 14 goals.

ROCK SOLID DEFENCE
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Neymar1095(m): 11:33am On Mar 19, 2018
phaamsaam:
safe to say I took some lessons from the greatest grin
It's my pleasure lol.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Neymar1095(m): 11:36am On Mar 19, 2018
Throw back to LA Liga table 2007/2008 cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by phaamsaam: 11:40am On Mar 19, 2018
What will you do when you retire?

Messi: "Everyone says its very difficult and I have no doubt about that. It's very difficult to stop training... and playing. I don't know what I'm going to do, or where I will live. I would like to do everything that I could not before.

Messi: "I don't know if I will stay in Barcelona or Rosario... I have no clue what I'm going to do."

Messi: "Whether I play well or not isn't even about the goals. it's about being participative on the pitch, getting the ball frequently, make good decisions, not lose balls, it's never about scoring goals.''
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by phaamsaam: 11:42am On Mar 19, 2018
Valverde: "I'm not afraid that people will expect Barçato win the treble. They may say we have a chance to do it, but it's very far away. Passion comes to the fore when you win and the opposite happens when you lose, our players just need to focus on continuing in this way."

Valverde: "I'd love [finishing unbeaten], but why talk about it now? We could lose our next game, we just have to wait and see what happens. The rest of the season is very tough, but we know if we maintain this form we'll be closer to our goal."

Valverde: "[Dembele] has immense qualities, but I think he still has a lot of room for improvement. He is learning our game, it varies according to whether we play one system or another. I think he's taken important positive steps in recent weeks." [Marca]
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by phaamsaam: 11:44am On Mar 19, 2018
2017/2018 has been the best season regarding Messi's celebrations. No discussion allowed.

That Mina-esque dance against Bilbao,the ones against Chelsea, also at the BERNALEO
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 3:21pm On Mar 19, 2018
FBS:
In one of the worst performances of any team over 2 legs?
cheesycheesycheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (3029) (3030) (3031) (3032) (3033) (3034) (3035) ... (6187) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.