Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,191 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:11 AM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (326) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4614201 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) ... (6200) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 8:10pm On Jul 31, 2014
coded01:

I hope he does get things right but as for the prospective signings with the outrageous amounts tagged on them are so annoying n to think Barca are falling prey to these games these clubs n agents are playing is unthinkable... angry

These are players that are either average or yet to prove themselves and we are hearing 40m that, 60m this! Wtf...angry

Why use our funds do gamble na? angry
And I thought we have Puyol in our ranks? Is his experience a waste ? Can't he teach Peeps like Bagnack ? and after all the lessons with Bartra,why is the board still skeptical of Bartra? I have said it before,I will prefer Bartra to leave than to waste his talent on the Bench.....Pique is lost for good!! His brilliance now comes in glimpses,and that's not what we need...We want consistency and Pique can't offer that again...
Yet every signing is being regarded as Pique's new defence partner!!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by coded01: 8:17pm On Jul 31, 2014
philfearon:
And I thought we have Puyol in our ranks? Is his experience a waste ? Can't he teach Peeps like Bagnack ? and after all the lessons with Bartra,why is the board still skeptical of Bartra? I have said it before,I will prefer Bartra to leave than to waste his talent on the Bench.....Pique is lost for good!! His brilliance now comes in glimpses,and that's not what we need...We want consistency and Pique can't offer that again...

As for Bartra, he is young but still promising, he needs games to step up. And as for Puyol teaching these lads is a good idea but it is one thing to be taught, it is another thing to be good student... embarassed

So my belief is if you want to be as great as your predecessors, it is either you learn from the masters directly or indirectly or be determined to be as good as they were or better... cool

As for Pique, his best days if he ever had are gone... grin embarassed grin. --- If not for Baba wey dey cover 4 am! shocked grin

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 8:17pm On Jul 31, 2014
coded01:

I hope he does get things right but as for the prospective signings with the outrageous amounts tagged on them are so annoying n to think Barca are falling prey to these games these clubs n agents are playing is unthinkable... angry

These are players that are either average or yet to prove themselves and we are hearing 40m that, 60m this! Wtf...angry

Why use our funds do gamble na? angry

This is why i am not worried that we aren't buying all these overpriced players. the 20m we paid for Matheu to me is not a waste, we bought experience and height in one package (what we need badly at the back).

I dont even think we need any more defenders (Maybe one RB incase Alves leaves).
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by coded01: 8:19pm On Jul 31, 2014
honeric01:

This is why i am not worried that we aren't buying all these overpriced players. the 20m we paid for Matheu to me is not a waste, we bought experience and height in one package (what we need badly at the back).

I dont even think we need any more defenders (Maybe one RB incase Alves leaves).

I completely agree with you... cool

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 8:20pm On Jul 31, 2014
Barcelona coach Luis Enrique said he thought that the Barcelona backline lacked a certain height. Piqué and Mascherano's defensive partnership struggled to dominate in the air, but believes Jérémy Mathieu's arrival brings those much needed centimeters to the team. With Piqué and Mathieu joining forces at centre-back, Barcelona are not only as tall, but are taller than some of La Liga and Europe's biggest clubs.

Barcelona are now equal to some of those tougher defenCes, like Borussia Dortmund's, and to those teams that are very dangerous in the air, like Bayern, Chelsea and United. Barça's new boss is seriously considering defending corner kicks and free-kicks with a mixed defence and that is why Luis Enrique insisted so much in bringing in Jérémy Mathieu.

=Brilafm=

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by coded01: 8:22pm On Jul 31, 2014
honeric01: Barcelona coach Luis Enrique said he thought that the Barcelona backline lacked a certain height. Piqué and Mascherano's defensive partnership struggled to dominate in the air, but believes Jérémy Mathieu's arrival brings those much needed centimeters to the team. With Piqué and Mathieu joining forces at centre-back, Barcelona are not only as tall, but are taller than some of La Liga and Europe's biggest clubs.

Barcelona are now equal to some of those tougher defenCes, like Borussia Dortmund's, and to those teams that are very dangerous in the air, like Bayern, Chelsea and United. Barça's new boss is seriously considering defending corner kicks and free-kicks with a mixed defence and that is why Luis Enrique insisted so much in bringing in Jérémy Mathieu.

=Brilafm=

cool

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 9:51pm On Jul 31, 2014
philfearon:
Exactly! This has been my bone of contention. Why waste Bartra? And how do we hope he gets better if he doesn't play regularly? That guys has a promising future ahead of him, and we seem not to realise it yet (at least the board). Did I hear someone say he's just average? What then do we say about Piqué? And yet he has an assured spot on the backline.

I would go for Bartra over Piqué any day of the week. Bartra has alot to prove and he puts out good performances whenever given the opportunity. Piqué has nothing to prove. Na make him just dey follow shakira waka up and down. That's all!

Besides, we have bright and promising CBs in our ranks at Barca B. How then are they gonna break through the first team if we continue like this?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 10:27pm On Jul 31, 2014
I’m not amongst the world's best centre-backs - Piqué

Thank goodness say this guy know for sure say him no be am again.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 11:17pm On Jul 31, 2014
abeg let's forget about all these marquinhos, bartra talk abeg. people that ronaldo and benzema would just displace with one body check. as for me i love enrique's job so far. mathieus+pique with bartra and masch as back up. not bad for us. they will surprise all of you.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by eyoniggar(m): 12:17am On Aug 01, 2014
So Borjan off to stoke? Has the boy's carrier finally down the drain? undecided
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 12:19am On Aug 01, 2014
^^^^ One of the deadliest things about injuries.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 7:54am On Aug 01, 2014
coded01:

As for Bartra, he is young but still promising, he needs games to step up. And as for Puyol teaching these lads is a good idea but it is one thing to be taught, it is another thing to be good student... embarassed

So my belief is if you want to be as great as your predecessors, it is either you learn from the masters directly or indirectly or be determined to be as good as they were or better... cool

As for Pique, his best days if he ever had are gone... grin embarassed grin. --- If not for Baba wey dey cover 4 am! shocked grin
You have not seen his latest press release then...
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 7:55am On Aug 01, 2014
honeric01:

seconded...
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 7:59am On Aug 01, 2014
dmcdad:
Exactly! This has been my bone of contention. Why waste Bartra? And how do we hope he gets better if he doesn't play regularly? That guys has a promising future ahead of him, and we seem not to realise it yet (at least the board). Did I hear someone say he's just average? What then do we say about Piqué? And yet he has an assured spot on the backline.

I would go for Bartra over Piqué any day of the week. Bartra has alot to prove and he puts out good performances whenever given the opportunity. Piqué has nothing to prove. Na make him just dey follow shakira waka up and down. That's all!

Besides, we have bright and promising CBs in our ranks at Barca B. How then are they gonna break through the first team if we continue like this?
My brother eeh,I don't know OK..This tire me Ooo
This is the reason why letting Xavi stay didnt down well with me at all...
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 8:04am On Aug 01, 2014
dmcdad: ^^^^ One of the deadliest things about injuries.
I would not say it is injury..They wanted to make a Catalan Messi in Bojan and it backfired!! That's why they were very careful with Deulofoe,not to repeat the same Bojan Mistake again by introducing him to the first team when he was actually ready for it....
Isaac Cuenca is the person injury killed his Barcelona career..dude really had potentials!!

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 8:16am On Aug 01, 2014
philfearon:
I would not say it is injury..They wanted to make a Catalan Messi in Bojan and it backfired!! That's why they were very careful with Deulofoe,not to repeat the same Bojan Mistake again by introducing him to the first team when he was actually ready for it....
Isaac Cuenca is the person injury killed his Barcelona career..dude really had potentials!!
You are right... They were already comparing Deulofeu to Messi in some breath before he was sent to Everton. You just reminded me of what happened to Bojan.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 8:19am On Aug 01, 2014
dmcdad:
You are right... They were already comparing Deulofeu to Messi in some breath before he was sent to Everton. You just reminded me of what happened to Bojan.
Kul..
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ELYMAXiimus(m): 3:52pm On Aug 01, 2014
what have i been hearing nd seeing that messi nd his pops' gonna be jailed?

Weytin consyn me cosyn hin papa?!
Make them jail hin papa leave the boy to play soccer for us jooh!

But If they still insist they're gonna drag messi with his pa!
Let em leave his magical legs for us. Probably chop it off nd fix it to another person who's gonna take his place in the team! cool

those legs are all we need! coolcoolcool
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by coded01: 3:53pm On Aug 01, 2014
HE'LL WEAR IT AGAINST NICE TOMORROW

Busquets inherits Puyol's number 5 shirt

Sergio Busquets is set to inherit a legendary Barcelona squad number: the number 5 worn by former captain, Carles Puyol, who retired at the end of last season. Interestingly, Puyol himself asked that Busquets be given his shirt, and in doing so appointed him as his heir. "I'm proud to be able to wear the number 5 shirt and I'm honoured that Puyol thought of me as his heir within the team", said Busquets.
This season will see the Barça academy graduate playing in the shirt that Carles Puyol wore for 12 years. The number is far better suited to Busquet's position on the pitch.
Busquets will wear his new number 5 shirt for the first time this Saturday in Barça's friendly against Nice.

http://www.marca.com/2014/08/01/en/football/barcelona/1406892472.html

Puyol honours Busquets with his Shirt No... cool

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 3:57pm On Aug 01, 2014
coded01: HE'LL WEAR IT AGAINST NICE TOMORROW

Sergio Busquets is set to inherit a legendary Barcelona squad number: the number 5 worn by former captain, Carles Puyol, who retired at the end of last season. Interestingly, Puyol himself asked that Busquets be given his shirt, and in doing so appointed him as his heir. "I'm proud to be able to wear the number 5 shirt and I'm honoured that Puyol thought of me as his heir within the team", said Busquets.
This season will see the Barça academy graduate playing in the shirt that Carles Puyol wore for 12 years. The number is far better suited to Busquet's position on the pitch.
Busquets will wear his new number 5 shirt for the first time this Saturday in Barça's friendly against Nice.

I laughed when I saw this news in the morning. Why him no give Piqué?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ELYMAXiimus(m): 4:13pm On Aug 01, 2014
coded01: HE'LL WEAR IT AGAINST NICE TOMORROW

he got 5alive! But they don't play the same position undecided

meanwhile, what time is the match?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 4:28pm On Aug 01, 2014
`Pi what? That guy is shyte!!!
Puyol made that guy look like the combination of Baresi/Stam/Maldini - 3 in 1.
Ever since Puyol started struggling with injuries, and he stopped playing like he used to, we then saw the REAL Pique. We should prolly loan that guy to Numancia, Murcia or Cordoba.

And I want to know why every other defender in Barcelona is regarded as Pique's partner? Does that mean Pique is a guaranteed starter?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 4:32pm On Aug 01, 2014
ELYMAXiimus:

`What?!!? shocked

Barca will play today?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ELYMAXiimus(m): 4:40pm On Aug 01, 2014
Austeenx:

`What?!!? shocked

Barca will play today?
not today, it's on sunday!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 4:46pm On Aug 01, 2014
ELYMAXiimus:

`Oh...
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 4:46pm On Aug 01, 2014
ELYMAXiimus:
Nah... It's tomorrow.

Time: 8:45pm.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 4:49pm On Aug 01, 2014
Austeenx: `Pi what? That guy is shyte!!!
Puyol made that guy look like the combination of Baresi/Stam/Maldini - 3 in 1.
Ever since Puyol started struggling with injuries, and he stopped playing like he used to, we then saw the REAL Pique. We should prolly loan that guy to Numancia, Murcia or Cordoba.

And I want to know why every other defender in Barcelona is regarded as Pique's partner? Does that mean Pique is a guaranteed starter?
Gbam! You should know this already. It's a no brainer.

Thank God he said he is not among the best defenders the world can offer now. That he needs to work very hard for him to get back to being among the best. I say so Piqué fit talk true like this! shocked
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ELYMAXiimus(m): 4:53pm On Aug 01, 2014
dmcdad:
Nah... It's tomorrow.

Time: 8:45pm.
wow,, my mistake..
Okay, thnks... I've been losing a lot of the news lately, cos of the time i spend on nl!
Coded is doing nice with the infos!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 5:04pm On Aug 01, 2014
dmcdad:
Gbam! You should know this already. It's a no brainer.

Thank God he said he is not among the best defenders the world can offer now. That he needs to work very hard for him to get back to being among the best. I say so Piqué fit talk true like this! shocked

`LOL. He has been humbled. cheesy
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 5:09pm On Aug 01, 2014
ELYMAXiimus:
wow,, my mistake..
Okay, thnks... I've been losing a lot of the news lately, cos of the time i spend on nl!
Coded is doing nice with the infos!
NL shouldn't stop you from reading news. Just open NL in one tab and open other sites with other tabs and switch as needed. Don't tell me you are on NL 24/7.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ELYMAXiimus(m): 5:21pm On Aug 01, 2014
dmcdad:
NL shouldn't stop you from reading news. Just open NL in one tab and open other sites with other tabs and switch as needed. Don't tell me you are on NL 24/7.
lmao
once i go on the net, it's either biz or nl,,, if i start opening several tabs, i'll stay 24/7 online like you said! Trust me, some news can be unending!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by coded01: 6:23pm On Aug 01, 2014
ELYMAXiimus:

Saturday, 7:45 pm Nigerian time... cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) ... (6200) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.