Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,095 members, 7,825,456 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:10 PM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (325) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4615893 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) ... (6202) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 9:30am On Jul 30, 2014
dmcdad:
Ahh! Na wa ooooo. 1.88m ( 6' 2" ) is tall for a goalkeeper. Personally, if a goalkeeper goes taller than that I don't fancy it that much because as much as height is needed, yet it's never a yardstick for judging a goalkeeper. Afterall, some of the greatest keepers of our generation were not tall. Aside the likes of Van der Sar and maybe Cech. Yet, it should be noted that for someone like Van der Sar, he had a problem keeping balls that were on the ground. Dida had such weakness too So you see, that too is a disadvantage to very tall keepers.

The more important factors to me are; your positioning, reflexes and your anticipations. Height would be at the tail end of my list. Kahn, Buffon, Seaman, Bartez, Casillas, and a host of others are great goalkeepers, but without the height factor.

I guess maybe it's because good goalkeepers of these days are tall like, Neuer, Courtois, etcetera.

Being tall has never been a disadvantage to good goalkeepers, infact Height is the no one feature any goalkeeper must have, the ground balls you are talking about even beat short goalkeepers more "Valdez, Buffon, Bartez e.t.c

We have tall goalkeepers as you listed who are very good both in the air and on the ground. height remains an advantage to a Gk.

and yes 6:1/6:2 to me for a Gk is not all that. my own starting height for a Gk should be 6:4.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 9:42am On Jul 30, 2014
honeric01:

Being tall has never been a disadvantage to good goalkeepers, infact Height is the no one feature any goalkeeper must have, the ground balls you are talking about even beat short goalkeepers more "Valdez, Buffon, Bartez e.t.c

We have tall goalkeepers as you listed who are very good both in the air and on the ground. height remains an advantage to a Gk.

and yes 6:1/6:2 to me for a Gk is not all that. my own starting height for a Gk should be 6:4.
Well... I respect your opinion. To each its own.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 9:43am On Jul 30, 2014
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 12:18pm On Jul 30, 2014
I'm glad we won't be getting Daniel Agger. MD reported that he was offered to Barca some few weeks back during the Suárez's negotiations, but was promptly rejected by Barca. And the two finalists as it stands now are: Vermaelen and Marquinhos.

Good news for now.. cheesy
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 12:23pm On Jul 30, 2014
dmcdad:
Well... I respect your opinion. To each its own.

Sure...
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by pixtuk(m): 9:45pm On Jul 30, 2014
Marca in English
PSG rebuff €43m Barça bid for Marquinhos http:/// 1s3S6nC
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 10:27am On Jul 31, 2014
`I want to ask a serious question...

Is Marquinhos better than Bartra?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 10:46am On Jul 31, 2014
Austeenx: `I want to ask a serious question...

Is Marquinhos better than Bartra?
I would say yes. But not by a long margin. Bartra has shone when given game time how promising he is. If he gets more, it would surely be an upward trajectory. Same could be same of Marquinhos too, and that is why he is regarded as the heir apparel to Thiago Silva.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 10:55am On Jul 31, 2014
dmcdad:
I would say yes. But not by a long margin. Bartra has shone when given game time how promising he is. If he gets more, it would surely be an upward trajectory. Same could be same of Marquinhos too, and that is why he is regarded as the heir apparel to Thiago Silva.

`So, you agree with the board's €43 million bid for someone SLIGHTLY better than Bartra?
That means Bartra would be around €35 million, if we're to sell him? cheesy
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by barackohandso(m): 10:56am On Jul 31, 2014
dmcdad:
Abeg stop hyping Bartra, the dude's average. He's 23 for crying out loud. How much game time does he require again? Left to me he'll be sold. We deserve better
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 11:27am On Jul 31, 2014
barackohandso: Abeg stop hyping Bartra, the dude's average. He's 23 for crying out loud. How much game time does he require again? Left to me he'll be sold. We deserve better
Bro no be so.... Do you know that Bartra was arguably our best defender last season? Not minding the fact that he played far fewer matches compared to the rest? For me, I don't see anything wrong with him. He has proven times without number that he can be relied upon, yet he has not been favoured, probably because of Piqué. Or you wanna play Bartra - Piqué? Both of them are slow, so my guess is that was why they have played fewer games thus far in contrast to other defensive peering.

Anywayz, I respect your opinion. If we deserve better, then why is Piqué still spearheading our defence?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 11:35am On Jul 31, 2014
Austeenx:

`So, you agree with the board's €43 million bid for someone SLIGHTLY better than Bartra?
That means Bartra would be around €35 million, if we're to sell him? cheesy
I used slightly because he has shone that he is promising and would do better if given the confidence. By confidence you know of course I mean game time. Marquinhos has played many matches and has more experience. If we are to judge with the present and forget about how promising any one of em is, then I would say Marquinhos is comfortably better than him.

But ehn, that Marquinhos no go be here ooooo. His first season at Roma, which was also his first in Europe, he got a red card in his first match or something. But after that, he finished the season without going into the referees' books again. He played around 23 matches or thereabouts that season, and didn't even get a yellow for once. If we merge it with PSG, it would mean in his career in Europe, he has had just a red card and 3 yellow cards thus far. That is just impressive! But I still believe that if Bartra is given the opportunity, he would really do great.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 11:42am On Jul 31, 2014
dmcdad:
I used slightly because he has shone that he is promising and would do better if given the confidence. By confidence you know of course I mean game time. Marquinhos has played many matches and has more experience. If we are to judge with the present and forget about how promising any one of em is, then I would say Marquinhos is comfortably better than him.
But ehn, that Marquinhos no go be here ooooo. His first season at Roma, which was also his first in Europe, he got a red card in his first match or something. But after that, he finished the season without going into the referees' books again. He played around 23 matches or thereabouts that season, and didn't even get a yellow for once. If we merge it with PSG, it would mean in his career in Europe, he has had just a red card and 3 yellow cards thus far. That is just impressive! But I still believe that if Bartra is given the opportunity, he would really do great.
dmcdad:

`Agreed.
Everybody needs playing time to prove their worth, but do you agree with that €43 million bid for Marquinhos?
If we're to sign any defender for above €40 million, it has to be T. Silva, or nobody.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 12:37pm On Jul 31, 2014
Austeenx:

`Agreed.
Everybody needs playing time to prove their worth, but do you agree with that €43 million bid for Marquinhos?
If we're to sign any defender for above €40 million, it has to be T. Silva, or nobody.
No! I don't agree... Thiago Silva is all in one but his age stands against him if one wanna buy him at a high price. I think Benatia wouldn't be bad for €40m. But Roma are placing a €60+m price tag.

I guess the idea is to bring in Marquinhos so that he could form a future partnership alongside Bartra. He has virtually all Bartra's attributes, but then he is faster, younger, and more experienced.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jul 31, 2014
Is there any cb that has the speed of Bale?undecided

Just Wonderinggrin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jul 31, 2014
dmcdad:
No! I don't agree... Thiago Silva is all in one but his age stands against him if one wanna buy him at a high price. I think Benatia wouldn't be bad for €40m. But Roma are placing a €60+m price tag.

I guess the idea is to bring in Marquinhos so that he could form a future partnership alongside Bartra. He has virtually all Bartra's attributes, but then he is faster, younger, and more experienced.

`So, you agree with €43 million on Marquinhos because he's younger?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 3:46pm On Jul 31, 2014
Austeenx:

`So, you agree with €43 million on Marquinhos because he's younger?
Haba! I stated it in my last quote that I don't agree. That the only one I think deserves €40m is Benatia apart from Thiago Silva who is already 30. Marquinhos shouldn't be bought for more than €33m. But, would you blame PSG? They have stated it time and time again that they ain't gonna sell. For them, it's not about the money.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 4:02pm On Jul 31, 2014
I don't believe Marquinho is better than Bartra...
Barca board are playing Russian Roulette with our defence,that's just the problem...In fact,everything is being played with their..More like they are all clueless or they know exactly what bad they are doing...
I try to read on all barca blogs I see,and check polls..The Barca fans in Barcelona itself have been jeering and wondering why the hell is Pique still a Barca player? my answer is = Shakira and Marketing logistics...But without Doubt,Bartra was our best defender last season,and he has shown that time and time again....But Barca will be very stupid to shell out €43m for Marquinho..For what?
Varane is not up to that Amount,and yet Varane is better than him.Even if he is for the future,so what?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jul 31, 2014
dmcdad:
Haba! I stated it in my last quote that I don't agree. That the only one I think deserves €40m is Benatia apart from Thiago Silva who is already 30. Marquinhos shouldn't be bought for more than €33m. But, would you blame PSG? They have stated it time and time again that they ain't gonna sell. For them, it's not about the money.

`Why are we not after Benatia?
PSG aren't ready to sell, we should look somewhere else.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 5:17pm On Jul 31, 2014
Austeenx:

`Why are we not after Benatia?
PSG aren't ready to sell, we should look somewhere else.
Roma don't wanna sell either... And that's why they have stamped a price tag of €60 million or more, which is far more than his buy-out clause even.

I know Madrid would buy him eventually if Pepe goes. It seems Monaco wants Pepe, and Ancelotti has said if he goes, then he would be replaced by Benatia.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jul 31, 2014
dmcdad:
Roma don't wanna sell either... And that's why they have stamped a price tag of €60 million or more, which is far more than his buy-out clause even.

I know Madrid would buy him eventually if Pepe goes. It seems Monaco wants Pepe, and Ancelotti has said if he goes, then he would be replaced by Benatia.

`You see? That's a serious club! if Roma place €100 million on the guy's head, they will get him like nothing happened.
Why can't we do that too?
Honestly, I'm shocked with the players we're after.

Vermalaen?
Agger? What tha fuq?!!? shockedshocked
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 6:09pm On Jul 31, 2014
Austeenx:

`

Vermalaen?

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Like I said . . Seal Team Six upfront, the Old Peoples' Home at the back angry
A mix of both in the middle. embarassed undecided
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jul 31, 2014
AjanleKoko:

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Like I said . . Seal Team Six upfront, the Old Peoples' Home at the back angry
A mix of both in the middle. embarassed undecided

`cheesycheesycheesy

If we're not careful, like play like play, Zubi will sign Mikel Obituary and Demba Ba. cheesy
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 6:42pm On Jul 31, 2014
Austeenx:

`You see? That's a serious club! if Roma place €100 million on the guy's head, they will get him like nothing happened.
Why can't we do that too?

Vermalaen?
Bros me tire pass you oooooooo. I wonder how e be say na pensioners we just dey go for. Zubi just wan make us tire for the club wey we love.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 7:20pm On Jul 31, 2014
So Barca should buy Benatia for 60m? tomorrow now, they'll start insulting Zubi.

Why not buy the guy for 80m + Messi? undecided angry

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by coded01: 7:23pm On Jul 31, 2014
philfearon: I don't believe Marquinho is better than Bartra...
Barca board are playing Russian Roulette with our defence,that's just the problem...In fact,everything is being played with their..More like they are all clueless or they know exactly what bad they are doing...
I try to read on all barca blogs I see,and check polls..The Barca fans in Barcelona itself have been jeering and wondering why the hell is Pique still a Barca player? my answer is = Shakira and Marketing logistics...But without Doubt,Bartra was our best defender last season,and he has shown that time and time again....But Barca will be very stupid to shell out €43m for Marquinho..For what?
Varane is not up to that Amount,and yet Varane is better than him.Even if he is for the future,so what?

My broda, i tire for Barcelona Board... angry

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by coded01: 7:24pm On Jul 31, 2014
All these non-sense don tire us oh... angry

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by coded01: 7:25pm On Jul 31, 2014
honeric01: So Barca should buy Benatia for 60m? tomorrow now, they'll start insulting Zubi.

Why not buy the guy for 80m + Messi? undecided angry

Wetin we go do na! angry

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 7:27pm On Jul 31, 2014
coded01:

Wetin we go do na! angry

I am getting irritated reading some comments from people who claim they know better than Zubi, Enrique and the board...
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by coded01: 7:30pm On Jul 31, 2014
honeric01:

I am getting irritated reading some comments from people who claim they know better than Zubi, Enrique and the board...

Don't mind them jare! Some hardly watch our games... angry

Barcelona Board has the worst Board of Directors in the History of World Football... angry

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 7:51pm On Jul 31, 2014
coded01:

Don't mind them jare! Some hardly watch our games... angry

Barcelona Board has the worst Board of Directors in the History of World Football... angry

Enrique surely knows what he needs and i believe he's on track.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by coded01: 8:00pm On Jul 31, 2014
honeric01:

Enrique surely knows what he needs and i believe he's on track.

I hope he does get things right but as for the prospective signings with the outrageous amounts tagged on them are so annoying n to think Barca are falling prey to these games these clubs n agents are playing is unthinkable... angry

These are players that are either average or yet to prove themselves and we are hearing 40m that, 60m this! Wtf...angry

Why use our funds do gamble na? angry

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) ... (6202) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: khingTony(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.