Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,766 members, 7,817,112 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:07 AM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4593292 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (6187) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 1:07pm On May 30, 2011
By the way,
Pep has to be the Special One.
Not the Mouth of Madrid.
2 CL titles in 3 seasons.
Amazing.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Stealthy(m): 2:04pm On May 30, 2011
AjanleKoko:

Funny thing, English media.
Last week we were condemned as cheats, now we are the best thing since sliced bread grin

And what is it with the Messi issue?

Some years back it was, he never scored against English teams. Now it is, he had never scored in England. Soon it will be, he has never scored a hat trick against an English side
Gone are the days when people used to just play football and not leave it to the press. Thanks to English media, all that has changed.

Abi o, don't mind those english press people. If you beat an English side, then you have to be the greatest ever (makes the defeat easier for them to take). If an English side does anything, then the EPL is superior to anything the rest of the continent can offer.

As for Messi, he just keeps shutting his critics up. Next stage: the Copa America.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Stealthy(m): 2:06pm On May 30, 2011
StarBoard:

@All Barcelona fans.
Congratulations are in due order.
Una too much,abeg.
I doff my hat to you for drilling us for the better part of 90 minutes.
You are definitely worthy winners (although none of you are agreeing we were gracious in defeat and did not resort to dirty tactics grin). . .
Congratulations once again

I'm actually very impressed with the comments from the ManU side since the match. No excuses (like Arsenal), no bad blood (like Madrid) - they've been very gracious in defeat and you almost pity them sef. Classy stuff from ManU.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 2:15pm On May 30, 2011
Stealthy:

I'm actually very impressed with the comments from the ManU side since the match. No excuses (like Arsenal), no bad blood (like Madrid) - they've been very gracious in defeat and you almost pity them sef. Classy stuff from ManU.

That's the mentality of a top team, which was what Di Stefano and Calderon tried to say about Madrid but got shouted down by the whole world.
Manchester United has the mentality of a top side, and I am proud to say, so does Barca.

Top teams don't look for excuses. For example, United were supposedly denied a penalty from a handball by Mascherano. If it was another team, the entire world would be posting videos of the supposed penalty all over the Internet, and crying cheating to the highest heavens.

In fact there were a couple of challenges on Barca players that the United men complained about, like Busquets clutching his face (again!), such that Rooney and Carrick pulled him to his feet. But you did not hear them crying about supposed decisions that didn't go their way, they would rather blame themselves and their tactics, and respect the winners. To me, that's why they are a class act, and the best footballing side in England.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 2:24pm On May 30, 2011
@Ajanlekoko
Thanks.
As a United fan,I am actually honoured to have been beaten by a Barca side that ranks amongst the greatest of all time.There's no shame in that.
I personally argued in my office that the reason why the Classico Semis were the way they were was because of JM's dirty tactics.On a level day,Barca are as clean as they come.I have never said your side was a dirty one.
I feared when Fergie insinuated about consulting JM for tactics,but I guess it was all a ruse in the end.
We (United) respect you guys.If you noticed,we were scratching our heads on how to play you guys two weeks to the final.We know you're not Chelsea or Arsenal .We lost to you guys. Plain and simple.You were simply better than us.
I think the only thing that will stop you from dominating Europe is if you get complacent.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 2:43pm On May 30, 2011
^^

No team can truly dominate Europe for long. Sooner or later, the era of these boys will be over. The only thing I hope for is that Barcelona remain consistent in Europe as they have been in the last six years - one of the top four.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 3:17pm On May 30, 2011
^^^
I believe this present crop can win more European titles.
If they aren't dominating Eurpoe already.
3 titles since 2006 suggests that there is an on-going dynasty,even if we don't want to admit it.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ritchboy(m): 3:31pm On May 30, 2011
AjanleKoko:

Top teams don't look for excuses. For example, United were supposedly denied a penalty from a handball by Mascherano. If it was another team, the entire world would be posting videos of the supposed penalty all over the Internet, and crying cheating to the highest heavens.

In fact there were a couple of challenges on Barca players that the United men complained about, like Busquets clutching his face (again!), such that Rooney and Carrick pulled him to his feet. But you did not hear them crying about supposed decisions that didn't go their way, they would rather blame themselves and their tactics, and respect the winners. To me, that's why they are a class act, and the best footballing side in England.

What a load of crap. . . ALL fans complain about officiating when it goes against them. If it's valid(i.e Ovrebo debacle), it's not an "excuse", it's a fact.

If United fans didn't complain after the game it's because they had nothing to complain about.

Denied which penalty? Don't make me laugh, Barcelona also had a similar shout turned down earlier in the game. Add to that Rooney's offside goal and the fact Valencia could have been booked thrice and it's Barcelona fans who should be making "excuses" for the scoreline not being more emphatic.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 3:35pm On May 30, 2011
StarBoard:

^^^
3 titles since 2006 suggests that there is an on-going dynasty,even if we don't want to admit it.

Hmm.
I remember the substitution of Ronaldinho for Iniesta in the second half of the 2006 final, and I felt like a new era was unfolding.
The best thing about the side is, they are still largely young, save for the metronome Xavi. I think he should be right up there with Zidane as one of the great game influencers of the 20th century. Him and Iniesta. I see him still defending the red and blue for a couple more years before handing over to Fabregas and Thiago.

The much maligned Busquets is so sensational. He did something funny to Evra on the goal line to shield the ball from him, basically pretending to clear his line, and sending Evra the wrong way. What a genius.

I really hope Cesc can find his way into this team this year. My love for him is much-documented on this thread, and I am desperate for him to train with Pep's squad before the gaffer leaves Barca. I don't care about the transfer fees in fact. I am sure that's why the Barca bench has not assigned the jersey 4 to any player this season, after Marquez left. Cesc is coming to Barca, I am sure of it. Of all the rumoured signings, he's the only one I am interested in.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 3:36pm On May 30, 2011
ritchboy:

What a load of crap. . . ALL fans complain about officiating when it goes against them. If it's valid(i.e Ovrebo debacle), it's not an "excuse", it's a fact.

If United fans didn't complain after the game it's because they had nothing to complain about.

Denied which penalty? Don't make me laugh, Barcelona also had a similar shout turned down earlier in the game. Add to that Rooney's offside goal and the fact Valencia could have been booked thrice and it's Barcelona fans who should be making "excuses" for the scoreline not being more emphatic.

Disgruntled Arsenal fan I see. Or is it Chelsea.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 4:34pm On May 30, 2011
Goodday guys,
I av been largely indisposed when i am supposed to be celebrating this victory. Though i do not intend to dent or derail the happy and celebratory atmosphere that have rightly held sway since the victory, i think it is not wrong to inform this family, that while our club was fighting to win the CL title , my sister was fighting for her life and that of an unborn baby in the ceaserean. While the former won, the latter lost. What an irony! It is pathetic and indeed a deep lost to me, though i cannot question the will of the Almighty, who giveth and taketh life.

I love Starboard for all the posts he has given here. He indeed is a wonderful person. I have yet to see a person accept defeat as has he. He is so likable.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ritchboy(m): 4:42pm On May 30, 2011
AjanleKoko:

Disgruntled Arsenal fan I see. Or is it Chelsea.

Is this all you have to say after i've drowned you in the river Common Sense? cheesy

I love Starboard for all the posts he has given here. He indeed is a wonderful person. I have yet to see a person accept defeat as has he. He is so likable.

I dey laugh grin grin grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 6:19pm On May 30, 2011
Johnpaul88:

Goodday guys,
I av been largely indisposed when i am supposed to be celebrating this victory. Though i do not intend to dent or derail the happy and celebratory atmosphere that have rightly held sway since the victory, i think it is not wrong to inform this family, that while our club was fighting to win the CL title , my sister was fighting for her life and that of an unborn baby in the ceaserean. While the former won, the latter lost. What an irony! It is pathetic and indeed a deep lost to me, though i cannot question the will of the Almighty, who giveth and taketh life.

My sympathy bro, my symphathy, may God give you the strenght to bear the loss(es) sad
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 7:36pm On May 30, 2011
ritchboy:

Is this all you have to say after i've drowned you in the river Common Sense? cheesy

Common complaints you mean.
You can exit the thread now. angry
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by medjai(m): 8:33pm On May 30, 2011
Johnpaul88:

Goodday guys,

Guy, sorry for the loss.
Meanwhile, Soriano banged yet another hatrick as Barca B whooped Salamanca 5-1. He has now scored 26 goals in the league this season.
Perhaps, he will get promoted to the first team next season. He couldn't feature in the league this season because he is over 25 years. Once you are 25 and over, except you are registered as part of the 25 man squad, you cannot feature in the league. But if you're less than 25, you can be drafted in from the B team and lower cadets.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 9:45pm On May 30, 2011
JP,
Sorry for your loss man.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 9:46pm On May 30, 2011
Waka Waka . . .

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by eyoniggar(m): 11:01pm On May 30, 2011
JP, sorry for the sad news, take heart.

Wow!!! shocked shocked shocked Xavi really swagging it out than the others. Badt boy.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by eyoniggar(m): 11:05pm On May 30, 2011
someone please clarify if Maxwell was @ wembley, or even @ the Celebrations in campnou,
cnt seem to trace him out.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by chelseabmw(m): 11:26pm On May 30, 2011
Waka waka

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by hannie: 11:46pm On May 30, 2011
wetin dat guy on the extreme dey look?

condolences @JP88
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Mcleo007(m): 12:20am On May 31, 2011
@JP, we Culeans join u in mourning ur loss. Do accept our condolences. Take heart bro.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 6:34am On May 31, 2011
eyoniggar:

someone please clarify if Maxwell was @ wembley, or even @ the Celebrations in campnou,
cnt seem to trace him out.

Yes he was at both. Spotted him during the celebrations, and the medal giving ceremony.
I haven't seen much of the Camp Nou celebrations yet, will look through Barca TV footage.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 8:00am On May 31, 2011
Condolences, JP.
We pray the Creator grants you the fortitude to bear the loss.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ogazi007(m): 9:40am On May 31, 2011
Johnpaul88:

Goodday guys,
I av been largely indisposed when i am supposed to be celebrating this victory. Though i do not intend to dent or derail the happy and celebratory atmosphere that have rightly held sway since the victory, i think it is not wrong to inform this family, that while our club was fighting  to win the  CL title , my sister was fighting for her life and that of an unborn baby in the ceaserean. While the former won, the latter lost. What an irony! It is pathetic and indeed a deep lost to me, though i cannot question the will of the Almighty, who giveth and taketh life.

I love Starboard for all the posts he has given here. He indeed  is a wonderful person. I have yet to see a person accept defeat as has he. He is so likable.

I feel your pain man,God will grant you and your family the strenght to bear the loss.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ogazi007(m): 10:00am On May 31, 2011
Pique is a very good bad guy,look at how he was starring at Shakira's ass**.he must be feeling really cool for tapping such a succulent nyash chie.
you can never see my boi messi or Iniesta for this kind of show lol.Messi is too young and naive for all the money and fame he is gotten.make him just dash me 2millions dollars and see if i no go nash all dem celeberities in naija wey i go dey use DHL to import and deliver dem in abj for some porus jammin,dem dey craze, lmao
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 10:07am On May 31, 2011
Goal.com profiles a list of possible Barca summer signings here.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by usbcable(m): 10:32am On May 31, 2011
@jp

my heartfelt condolenses.
its a terrible feeling. i remember the night my sis did hers I couldnt blink as i was dead scared.

may God bring succour to you all.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by usbcable(m): 10:37am On May 31, 2011
AjanleKoko:

^^

No team can truly dominate Europe for long. Sooner or later, the era of these boys will be over. The only thing I hope for is that Barcelona remain consistent in Europe as they have been in the last six years - one of the top four.
StarBoard:

^^^
DYNASTY? true
DOMINATE? true
WIN MORE LAURELS? true

sadly,
FOR LONG? undecided
FOREVER? no

next season will be very very tough for FCB. it will be war for every match they are to play.
REASON? every other team will see it as the ultimate challenge, no complacency, chance to earn the positive spotlight as one that beat the champs e.t.c.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 10:52am On May 31, 2011
^^
Well, it's been like that since 2009 really.
Of course this team will not reign for ever. But we just want to enjoy the moment.

The period in football history when the likes of Xavi, Iniesta, and Messi played the beautiful game the beautiful way, not just to win, but win with panache, will be remembered by all lovers of the game. Just like today they talk about Madrid in the 50s and 60s, Milan in the 80s and 90s, they will talk about Barca in the 2000s. It's a nice feeling.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Pharoh: 11:20am On May 31, 2011
@Jp

Please accept my heartfelt and humble condolence and the almighty God will be with you and your family in this period of time.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by eyoniggar(m): 12:15pm On May 31, 2011
Ogazi, both Ini and Messi are both shy guys. Most especially that Ini of a dude, wasnt
surprised  as they didnt show up on the stage.

Our said and unsaid prayers are with you "LION HEART OF BARCA" Carles Puyol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (6187) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.