Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,810 members, 7,956,068 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:47 PM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (602) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4808430 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (599) (600) (601) (602) (603) (604) (605) ... (6322) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by logica(m): 9:02pm On Jan 29, 2015
barackohandso:

The same one that puts matthieu in LB position.
That wasn't a bad idea. Besides, Matthieu had played that position on occasion at Valencia. The idea was to add extra height to the defense. Alba may be pacy, but obviously vertically challenged. I was indeed taken aback when Matthieu seemed out of sorts and committed many blunders in the Clasico. I put it down to nerves and the fact that the coach didn't discuss and drill him well ahead of time (Matthieu was only told the day before).
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by barackohandso(m): 9:18pm On Jan 29, 2015
Johnpaul88:
I said football is psychological not a war!

If you however decides to go to war hoping to fight with your bare hands, you're entirely on your own. grin

Ehn we're saying the same thing na. The best players will still be the ones to do the job irrespective…

By the way, didn't you say you'd start doubting Enrique if we didn't beat Atletico madrid prior to our first match with them this season?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jan 29, 2015
philfearon:

Not on paper...You probably didn't watch last Seasons league game against Rayo Vallecano at their home,did you?
Lol! Rayo kwu! There's nothing I haven't seen this evening!

Scoring against Rayo has never been Barça's problem. We can always put a lot of goals in their poor net without even exacting ourselves. They have good passers of the ball but desperately weak back line.

Citing them as example is utterly laughable! We are talking about Atletico who possesses the best defence in Europe.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Mcleo007(m): 11:00pm On Jan 29, 2015
honeric01:

So when or if Messi leaves Barcelonia, you leave too? it's Messi that is winning the games for us and not the 11 players abi?

SMH!

I've been a barca fan for 16yrs now... With or without Messi, my allegiance stays true. Not unless you want to choke the truth, which I'd consider unfair, you need no soothsayer to tell you the team's recent run of results is down to the resurgent form of Messi..

Check the stats, Messi has had a direct hand in 95% of our goals since the new year; either as goal scorer, assist provider or the pass/run that leads to assist. Eg, the two goals by Neymar yesterday.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 5:23am On Jan 30, 2015
double post
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 5:24am On Jan 30, 2015
Johnpaul88:
Lol! Rayo kwu! There's nothing I haven't seen this evening!

Scoring against Rayo has never been Barça's problem. We can always put a lot of goals in their poor net without even exacting ourselves. They have good passers of the ball but desperately weak back line.

Citing them as example is utterly laughable! We are talking about Atletico who possesses the best defence in Europe.
You are a joke bro..Jumping into unnecessary assertions without getting Ur facts right!In the Match against Rayo Vallecano,Martino ceded possession to them in order for us to win the match @0-4..They became the only team to accrue more possession than Barca in LA liga for a while now..
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 6:06am On Jan 30, 2015
Mcleo007:

I've been a barca fan for 16yrs now... With or without Messi, my allegiance stays true. Not unless you want to choke the truth, which I'd consider unfair, you need no soothsayer to tell you the team's recent run of results is down to the resurgent form of Messi..

Check the stats, Messi has had a direct hand in 95% of our goals since the new year; either as goal scorer, assist provider or the pass/run that leads to assist. Eg, the two goals by Neymar yesterday.

Stop attributing the success of a collective lot to one person, this is what causes failure, they all work together to achieve success, Messi only can't do it. Everyone on that field have a direct hand in all the goals scored so far because before any ball gets to Messi, it goes through someone first. this is not boxing or tennis, this is football!

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by homesteady(m): 7:22am On Jan 30, 2015
honeric01:

let it rest, let them keep blaming him... the guy has proven them wrong, we win games in style now...

All I know is that the coach knows what he's doing more than anyone else on this thread.

Lmaoooooooooooo!
Who is he proving wrong? Himself surely!
If not for the civil war after that sociedad game, things would have still been the same!

compare how we play now to the pre-civil war time, there is a very very big difference, even a blind man will see it! That shows that all those times, he was wrong!

During Ancelloti 1st season at madrid, he kept on saying he was looking for a balance, thw whole media and fans were on his neck because results were not going their way (even though he was not changing lineups every minute like lucho)
but they finally went on to win the UCL! Most times, pressure from the fans cn bring out the best from the manager, and barca fans gave lucho the biggest pressure any manager can ever get, so expect the best from him now!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 7:51am On Jan 30, 2015
philfearon:

You are a joke bro..Jumping into unnecessary assertions without getting Ur facts right!In the Match against Rayo Vallecano,Martino ceded possession to them in order for us to win the match @0-4..They became the only team to accrue more possession than Barca in LA liga for a while now..
What sort of facts do I need to get right?

As far as I know, playing against Rayo Vallecano has never been a problem to Barca. What's the point in contesting possession with them when you know you can always put alot of goals in their poor net? I repeat that Rayo have a very weak defence. I remember the season before Martino's (Tito's season), we hit them manita in their home and 3 nil in Camp Nou. In that game in Nou camp, they played a record 15 corners against us. They were the only team that could do that and they contested very well in possession ceding only a partly 52% to us. But yet we won the game comfortably. grin

You're making it appear as though Rayo Vallecano has posed a problem for Barcelona. So you see it's never Martino's design to leave possession for them... They're simply good at it but it doesn't get them anywhere. Since they returned from 2nd division, they've yet to score a goal against us and they concede bucket load.

If they achieved a massive 48% in Camp Nou during Tito's season, then it's not difficult to see why they could achieve 51% in their home. Martino has nothing to do with it. Even this season we won 2 nil there, they also contested well in possession.

But you can never compare them to Atletico that invite Barça to attack them. If Martino were a tactical genius as you want us to believe, why couldn't he figure out how to beat them? He had a massive 6 opportunities to do that but he failed in all.

But here we are with a real genius in Enrique. He had 3 opportunities to beat them and he took them with aplomb! grin The tactics for the first two we played at home, had been different with what we saw in Madrid on Wednesday night. That's what I call a coach who can adapt his team to achieve results.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 8:41am On Jan 30, 2015
homesteady:

Lmaoooooooooooo!
If not for the civil war after that sociedad game, things would have still been the same!

compare how we play now to the pre-civil war time, there is a very very big difference, even a blind man will see it! That shows that all those times, he was wrong!

During Ancelloti 1st season at madrid, he kept on saying he was looking for a balance, thw whole media and fans were on his neck because results were not going their way (even though he was not changing lineups every minute like lucho)
but they finally went on to win the UCL! Most times, pressure from the fans cn bring out the best from the manager, and barca fans gave lucho the biggest pressure any manager can ever get, so expect the best from him now!

You actually think it's the "noise" that is making the coach stick to the "traditional lineup" now? apart from Munir who he normally includes in the team list, what else has changed? he still changes the backline and also tweaks the midfield, same with the forward line, so tell me, can you name one same starting line-up since the last game at Anoeta? go and check all line ups since that game, then count how many that has been same apart from the first 2 games after the lost.. then we'd know if he's actually stopped changing lineups because of the "noise".

Fine, he has reduced the number of changes in the lineups, but that has not stopped his "tweaking and team rotation"
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 9:05am On Jan 30, 2015
Before the loss at Anoeta, here are the lineups for games we lost/drew, kindly check if the lineup aren't better than what we used at Anoeta, yet we lost/drew these games, most of these lineups aren't even different from the lineups that are now winning us games back to back:

http://www.worldfootball.net/report/champions-league-2014-2015-gruppe-f-paris-saint-germain-fc-barcelona/
These same lineup won the second leg hands down:
http://www.worldfootball.net/report/champions-league-2014-2015-gruppe-f-fc-barcelona-paris-saint-germain/

http://www.worldfootball.net/report/primera-division-2014-2015-malaga-cf-fc-barcelona/
http://www.worldfootball.net/report/primera-division-2014-2015-real-madrid-fc-barcelona/
http://www.worldfootball.net/report/primera-division-2014-2015-getafe-cf-fc-barcelona/
http://www.worldfootball.net/report/primera-division-2014-2015-fc-barcelona-celta-vigo/
http://www.worldfootball.net/report/primera-division-2014-2015-getafe-cf-fc-barcelona/

Since the loss to Real Sociedad, these are our line-ups so far, apart from the 1st 2 games that followed and the last 2 games, no other lineups remain the same, yet the results have been fantastic.

http://www.worldfootball.net/report/primera-division-2014-2015-fc-barcelona-atletico-madrid/
http://www.worldfootball.net/report/copa-del-rey-2014-2015-achtelfinale-fc-barcelona-elche-cf/
http://www.worldfootball.net/report/primera-division-2014-2015-deportivo-la-coruna-fc-barcelona/
http://www.worldfootball.net/report/primera-division-2014-2015-elche-cf-fc-barcelona/
http://www.worldfootball.net/report/copa-del-rey-2014-2015-viertelfinale-fc-barcelona-atletico-madrid/
http://www.worldfootball.net/report/copa-del-rey-2014-2015-viertelfinale-atletico-madrid-fc-

Conclusively, i just do not like the fact that some of us here hide behind that loss to lash on the coach, one of us here already confessed he just doesn't like the coach, so no matter what he does, this kind of person won't see his contribution.. let us know that it's not always about the lineup, it has more to do with the players, afterall we lost games even with better lineups against smaller teams compared to Sociedad.

I believe the players now understand more than ever this season what is before them.
My happiness now is that we're better now and doing great.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Mcleo007(m): 1:20pm On Jan 30, 2015
honeric01:

Stop attributing the success of a collective lot to one person, this is what causes failure, they all work together to achieve success, Messi only can't do it. Everyone on that field have a direct hand in all the goals scored so far because before any ball gets to Messi, it went through someone first. this is not boxing or tennis, this is football!

OK sir.. Your opinion
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 2:31pm On Jan 30, 2015
homesteady:

Lmaoooooooooooo!

Some attributed our winning to the players but the losses to the coach before now, do you support this motion?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 2:34pm On Jan 30, 2015
Mcleo007:

I've been a barca fan for 16yrs now

Kilode ten paro bros

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 2:43pm On Jan 30, 2015
Johnpaul88:
What sort of facts do I need to get right?

As far as I know, playing against Rayo Vallecano has never been a problem to Barca. What's the point in contesting possession with them when you know you can always put alot of goals in their poor net? I repeat that Rayo have a very weak defence. I remember the season before Martino's (Tito's season), we hit them manita in their home and 3 nil in Camp Nou. In that game in Nou camp, they played a record 15 corners against us. They were the only team that could do that and they contested very well in possession ceding only a partly 52% to us. But yet we won the game comfortably. grin

You're making it appear as though Rayo Vallecano has posed a problem for Barcelona. So you see it's never Martino's design to leave possession for them... They're simply good at it but it doesn't get them anywhere. Since they returned from 2nd division, they've yet to score a goal against us and they concede bucket load.

If they achieved a massive 48% in Camp Nou during Tito's season, then it's not difficult to see why they could achieve 51% in their home. Martino has nothing to do with it. Even this season we won 2 nil there, they also contested well in possession.

But you can never compare them to Atletico that invite Barça to attack them. If Martino were a tactical genius as you want us to believe, why couldn't he figure out how to beat them? He had a massive 6 opportunities to do that but he failed in all.

But here we are with a real genius in Enrique. He had 3 opportunities to beat them and he took them with aplomb! grin The tactics for the first two we played at home, had been different with what we saw in Madrid on Wednesday night. That's what I call a coach who can adapt his team to achieve results.
You usually miss the point bro...
The point is that Tata Martino ceded possession to them to beat them comfortably in their home;The idea which you said Luis Enrique is practising... Am telling you that Tata tried it!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Mcleo007(m): 3:02pm On Jan 30, 2015
AjanleKoko:

Kilode ten paro bros

Why would I lie na? Im not one of those yesterday fans that shout "Up Baka" instead of Barca (barsa) grin

I'm old school bro. cool
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 3:06pm On Jan 30, 2015
Mcleo007:

Why would I lie na? Im not one of those yesterday fans that shout "Up Baka" instead of Barca (barsa) grin

I'm old school bro. cool

What's the name of the sporting director when you started supporting Barca, in 1999? #justfindingtrouble tongue
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jan 30, 2015
philfearon:

You usually miss the point bro...
The point is that Tata Martino ceded possession to them to beat them comfortably in their home;The idea which you said Luis Enrique is practising... Am telling you that Tata tried it!
It's you that misses the point. grin

I'm sick of explaining the same thing over and over again. cheesy
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 4:52pm On Jan 30, 2015
Johnpaul88:

I guess that is because you have chosen to beat about the bush over every issue that comes to the fore.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jan 30, 2015
dmcdad:

I guess that is because you have chosen to beat about the bush over every issue that comes to the fore.
I have tried to explain my position on these issues. If anyone is still in doubt, I don't know what else to do. I have stood for a reason and that should be obvious to those who care to read the comments I post. And I don't beat about the bush. I'm as straight forward as I can be. grin cheesy
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 6:58pm On Jan 30, 2015
Johnpaul88:
I have tried to explain my position on these issues. If anyone is still in doubt, I don't know what else to do. I have stood for a reason and that should be obvious to those who care to read the comments I post. And I don't beat about the bush. I'm as straight forward as I can be. grin cheesy
O.K
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Mcleo007(m): 8:45pm On Jan 30, 2015
AjanleKoko:

What's the name of the sporting director when you started supporting Barca, in 1999? #justfindingtrouble tongue

You know I'll find that easily on Google right? So, don't take us down that road. wink
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 8:51pm On Jan 30, 2015
Johnpaul88:

No! You are just sick of being corrected And put straight, that's all....
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 11:49pm On Jan 30, 2015
Mcleo007:

You know I'll find that easily on Google right? So, don't take us down that road. wink

Why you never find am? grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Mcleo007(m): 1:06am On Jan 31, 2015
AjanleKoko:

Why you never find am? grin

Blame it on PDP. tongue
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by funkyjms: 6:54pm On Jan 31, 2015
Lol...Atletico dey use vex beat Eibar...
Transfer of aggression grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jan 31, 2015
Luis Enrique: "Neymar criticized? This is a strange country. A nutmeg is seen as more provocative than four or five dirty tackles."

Hitting that nail on it's head.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sebod(m): 8:29pm On Jan 31, 2015
funkyjms:
Lol...Atletico dey use vex beat Eibar...
Transfer of aggression grin
Lol
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Krasid(m): 9:19pm On Jan 31, 2015
VILLARREAL.I trust you to bring your 19 man coaster bus to the camp nou tomorrow.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jan 31, 2015
^^..Watch us thrash them with good football tomorrow.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 10:59am On Feb 01, 2015
Matchday!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 11:19am On Feb 01, 2015
Villarreal are a team on good form. We have to be at our best to beat them. Marcellino has managed to put together a strong and hugely competitive team, who are currently on 18 game unbeaten run, their last defeat coming way back in November in Zurich. cheesy

This game will also serve as a pointer to how the rest of the match we're gonna contest with them in the coming two weeks, will go. Our semi final clash in a fortnight, with them, isn't gonna be easy at all.

But thankfully though, they've sold their impressive centre back Paulista to Arsenal. But I'm sure excellent Marcellino always has an ace hidden up his sleeve. However, I needn't remind us that our Enrique holds all the aces. With our MSN firing on all cylinder, we have all our opponents quaking in their wake! grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (599) (600) (601) (602) (603) (604) (605) ... (6322) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: pu7pl3(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.