Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,726 members, 7,809,774 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:39 PM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (599) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4572768 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (596) (597) (598) (599) (600) (601) (602) ... (6180) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 6:26am On Jan 29, 2015
coded01:

They know how to tame Real... grin
Ancelotti would be scratching his head wondering, if Barcelona can defeat these guys 3 times in 3 attempts, why couldn't we do it in 5 attempts?

cheesycheesycheesy
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 6:30am On Jan 29, 2015
coded01:
Gabi was sent off in the dressing room during the halftime break and spoke to Canal+ after the game to explain what happened.

The Atlético de Madrid captain says he was in no way disrespectful to Gil Manzano and accused the match referee of lacking character.

"I told him: 'Jesus, it was a penalty and a sending off'. According to him, that was me being disrespectful. I feel sorry for the team. I believe that a referee should show more character and be more respectful towards players. We all make mistakes. You have to be fair, admit your mistakes and not try to be the centre of attention. Atlético did everything they could to turn the tie around".

The Atleti captain was also particularly annoyed by Neymar's behaviour at the Vicente Calderón. "He has a peculiar way of playing, especially when he's winning. He makes gestures out on the pitch, especially when he's winning. Nobody likes to lose and his behaviour can be annoying".

http://www.marca.com/en/2015/01/29/en/football/spanish_football/1422486791.html

What about that wrongfully given penalty? grin

What about Neymar's wrongfully disallowed goal? tongue

What about the red card offences Atletico Players made? tongue Na 8 Players dem 4 send commot... grin
You dey mind them? How Neymar no go make gestures when e be say una dey carry evil mind wan tackle the guy...

Hypocrite! So, Neymar wrongly disallowed goal nkor? Na people own them dey see, and not their own.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by barackohandso(m): 7:54am On Jan 29, 2015
dmcdad:
But seriously, Neymar (my boy) is something else. That guy is doing wonders. Wan use dribble frustrate Juanfran and co.

I pity Atletico sha.

Pity Atletico? Are you kidding me?
They don't deserve an ounce of pity.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Mcleo007(m): 7:55am On Jan 29, 2015
Great game, good result.. The players were calm all through.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by barackohandso(m): 7:57am On Jan 29, 2015
Johnpaul88:
I wonder if there are people who still doubt our able and dynamic coach! grin cheesy

I'm so happy with myself for having stood by him while some of our fans and the media were turning the screw on him. He managed to remain true to his ideas and ideal, not minding the immense pressure he was subjected to. undecided

Now, he's managed to get us playing our best football when it mattered most. Most major European teams must be envying us right now, for most of them are now struggling to replicate the fantastic from they displayed in the first half of the season, when little was astake. But here we are defeating a difficult team like Atletico 3 times in three weeks. I'm quite sure no team in Europe can do this right now. But we did, all thanks to the managerial abilities of Enrique. His refusal to play with the same lineup in our first 26 game of the season, is fast becoming a masterstroke!

Well done Enrique! You may well silence your critics forever by leading us to a breathtaking treble! cheesy

Errm errm…this again?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 8:01am On Jan 29, 2015
barackohandso:

Pity Atletico? Are you kidding me?
They don't deserve an ounce of pity.
You right... But like I said, I just felt pity. They, in front of their fans, were humiliated.

But they are too hostile for my liking. More like thugs.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 8:01am On Jan 29, 2015
barackohandso:

Errm errm…this again?

cheesy
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 8:25am On Jan 29, 2015
barackohandso:

Errm errm…this again?

And? undecided
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by logica(m): 11:15am On Jan 29, 2015
The Atleti captain was also particularly annoyed by Neymar's behaviour at the Vicente Calderón. "He has a peculiar way of playing, especially when he's winning. He makes gestures out on the pitch, especially when he's winning. Nobody likes to lose and his behaviour can be annoying".
Dey hear sore loser. Talking like a kid. Every sports player knows this tactic: simply to rile the opponent and make him (the opponent make mistakes). This has been used in every sport since the inception of sports (and borrowed from the "Art of War" by Sun Tzu); even Mohammed Ali uses it often.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Krasid(m): 11:59am On Jan 29, 2015
Neymar should be made the star of this barca team.What do you think?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 1:07pm On Jan 29, 2015
neymar has got luis enrique to thank for subbing him early enough. i could imagine those athletico thugs plotting to maim him in the 85th minute. lol. the guy really gets under their skins. which is very good for barca.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 1:08pm On Jan 29, 2015
messi has developed a very very very bad habit lately! he just loves to loop balls over defenders' heads nowadays!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 1:10pm On Jan 29, 2015
if u do not introduce a lil bit of aggression in your game, athletico beats you, simple and plain.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 1:11pm On Jan 29, 2015
Krasid:
which kind talk be this one again? how does anyone make anyone the star of a team?

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 1:13pm On Jan 29, 2015
Johnpaul88:
I wonder if there are people who still doubt our able and dynamic coach! grin cheesy

I'm so happy with myself for having stood by him while some of our fans and the media were turning the screw on him. He managed to remain true to his ideas and ideal, not minding the immense pressure he was subjected to. undecided

Now, he's managed to get us playing our best football when it mattered most. Most major European teams must be envying us right now, for most of them are now struggling to replicate the fantastic from they displayed in the first half of the season, when little was astake. But here we are defeating a difficult team like Atletico 3 times in three weeks. I'm quite sure no team in Europe can do this right now. But we did, all thanks to the managerial abilities of Enrique. His refusal to play with the same lineup in our first 26 game of the season, is fast becoming a masterstroke!

Well done Enrique! You may well silence your critics forever by leading us to a breathtaking treble! cheesy
i still havent forgiven him for resting messi and neymar away to real sociedad, 10 mins after real madrid just lost, even after both players had had a 2 week rest. i only forgive him on the day we topple real madrid.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jan 29, 2015
ddippset:
i still havent forgiven him for resting messi and neymar away to real sociedad, 10 mins after real madrid just lost, even after both players had had a 2 week rest. i only forgive him on the day we topple real madrid.
You've got to move on from that match! I see it now as a watershed, where everything changed for us for the better this season. grin

A coach has got to make decisions he thought is the best for the team, even if they didn't work out as planned. I understand the intentions in those Sociedad benching. I invite you to do same. grin cheesy
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 1:47pm On Jan 29, 2015
Johnpaul88:
You've got to move on from that match! I see it now as a watershed, where everything changed for us for the better this season. grin

A coach has got to make decisions he thought is the best for the team, even if they didn't work out as planned. I understand the intentions in those Sociedad benching. I invite you to do same. grin cheesy
with all due respect to your oppinion, the coach committed a coaching SACRILEDGE with what he did that day. @ bolded, what intentions could you be implying?
-madrid just lost 3 points.
-neymar and messi just rested for 2 whole weeks.
-we were playing at the anoeta.
brother, i understand your suggestion to move on from that incident, ok. and i really should. but lol, never you try to justify his decisions that day. he probably had a lot to smoke. if there was anything like a coach's manual, i am sure that would written be one of the best ways not to be a coach.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by logica(m): 1:53pm On Jan 29, 2015
Krasid:
Even Neymar himself knows who the star is; and defers to him. That is why He and Messi have been so deadly. They haven't merely developed a partnership; they have a FRIENDSHIP.

I am so glad Ney has silenced all the doubters who thought he couldn't work with Messi; even the great Yohan Cruyff. Though these days whenever those who should know better speak (like Yohan), I wonder if they are speaking from the selfish POV or simply gone senile.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jan 29, 2015
logica:
Even Neymar himself knows who the star is; and defers to him. That is why He and Messi have been so deadly. They haven't merely developed a partnership; they have a FRIENDSHIP.

I am so glad Ney has silenced all the doubters who thought he couldn't work with Messi; even the great Yohan Cruyff. Though these days whenever those who should know better speak (like Yohan), I wonder if they are speaking from the selfish POV or simply gone senile.
Cryuff has never hidden his disdain for Rosell and in extension, this administration. It's not a surprise that he criticizes everything they do, even without verifiable reasons. He could even support Madrid to spite them. Sooner or later this administration would be gone. It'll be interesting to see if his bitterness would be gone too and he begun to see things differently again. grin cheesy
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by logica(m): 2:07pm On Jan 29, 2015
Johnpaul88:
Cryuff has never hidden his disdain for Rosell and in extension, this administration. It's not a surprise that he criticizes everything they do, even without verifiable reasons. He could even support Madrid to spite them. Sooner or later this administration would be gone. It'll be interesting to see if his bitterness would be gone too and he begun to see things differently again. grin cheesy
It is on record that I have no fondness for this administration either. But you cannot throw out the baby with the bath water. As the Yoruba saying goes: "Even as you cry, you can still see".
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jan 29, 2015
ddippset:
with all due respect to your oppinion, the coach committed a coaching SACRILEDGE with what he did that day. @ bolded, what intentions could you be implying?
-madrid just lost 3 points.
-neymar and messi just rested for 2 whole weeks.
-we were playing at the anoeta.
brother, i understand your suggestion to move on from that incident, ok. and i really should. but lol, never you try to justify his decisions that day. he probably had a lot to smoke. if there was anything like a coach's manual, i am sure that would written be one of the best ways not to be a coach.
If you couldn't see nor understand any reason for those decisions, then look upon it as that occasional gaffer that comes up here and there, but have marked a turning point in our grossly inconsistent season. We have been better ever since. cheesy
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jan 29, 2015
logica:
It is on record that I have no fondness for this administration either. But you cannot throw out the baby with the bath water. As the Yoruba saying goes: "Even as you cry, you can still see".
Cryuff is an old man and thus no longer the astute man he once was. He's thrown away the baby and the bath water. grin cheesy
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by barackohandso(m): 2:45pm On Jan 29, 2015
Johnpaul88:
And? undecided

A coach should get his deserved plaudits when the season ends (with trophies)
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by barackohandso(m): 2:47pm On Jan 29, 2015
ddippset:

Thank you jare. Better talk
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by homesteady(m): 3:04pm On Jan 29, 2015
Krasid:

agent of destruction and confusion!
No allow me carry your case go mountain of fire oh!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 3:05pm On Jan 29, 2015
ddippset:
messi has developed a very very very bad habit lately! he just loves to loop balls over defenders' heads nowadays!
If that's the definition of bad habit, then I love bad habits.cheesycheesycheesy
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 3:15pm On Jan 29, 2015
Johnpaul88:

That was the height of foolishness if you ask me... His arrogamce is what pisses me off the most. You make mistakes sometimes, agreed. But at least admit that you made a mistake when you do, and try as much as you can to avoid same in the future.

That was the height of his madness and obsession with rotation. And like you rightly stated, the match kinda acted as a turning point for him, in the sense that, he had to stick with his first 11. That doesn't mean they will play week-in-week-out. It just means you have your best 11 to make use of at anytime you choose and especially in crucial matches. Imagine when players are getting to understand eachother, the following match you come up with a different lineup. Changing personnel like you changing weather. How do you think the players would integrate well with eachother?

Imagine the relationship Rakitic is having with the attackers in recent games. Would you rather he builds on such relationship and see how to foster it to better the team more, or rotate with maybe Xavi just for rotating sake?

As much as his rotation was good to a larger extent, yet, we must not lose sight of the obsession he had with it, hence, the lose to Sociedad at The Anoeta.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jan 29, 2015
barackohandso:

A coach should get his deserved plaudits when the season ends (with trophies)

We're on the right track. Wouldn't you agree? grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Krasid(m): 4:07pm On Jan 29, 2015
homesteady:

agent of destruction and confusion!
No allow me carry your case go mountain of fire oh!
Think about it.Neymar has performed well since the beginning of the season, while messi was poor at the start.If neymar had played more games he might have been the top goalscorer.The team should be centred on neymar.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 4:10pm On Jan 29, 2015
Johnpaul88:

Wrong...The last time I checked,It was the Outcry from Fans,players and media that set his obstinate mind straight...
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Baddestguyp(m): 4:18pm On Jan 29, 2015
Krasid:
Think about it.Neymar has performed well since the beginning of the season, while messi was poor at the start.If neymar had played more games he might have been the top goalscorer.The team should be centred on neymar.
who has been giving neymar all those assists messi has been fantastic since the beginning of the season
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by barackohandso(m): 4:19pm On Jan 29, 2015
Johnpaul88:
We're on the right track. Wouldn't you agree? grin

Of course we are but that doesn't give him penance over his woeful line up at the Anoeta. If fans and media worldwide hadn't "yelled" at him for his stupid decision that day, he might not see any wrong in what he did

A Trophy(ies) would earn him both forgiveness and worldwide acceptance

(1) (2) (3) ... (596) (597) (598) (599) (600) (601) (602) ... (6180) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.