Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,604 members, 7,820,162 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:43 AM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (642) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4606435 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (639) (640) (641) (642) (643) (644) (645) ... (6194) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 6:54pm On Feb 25, 2015
philfearon:

Make una go tell am oooo..If Na to contribute money send delegation to am,better!(kidding)..
cheesy
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Danhumprey: 7:12pm On Feb 25, 2015
dmcdad:

Chai see groovecheesy
I just don't understand why the guy kept ranting about Messi's missed penalty. Kilode?undecided
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 7:16pm On Feb 25, 2015
Danhumprey:
I just don't understand why the guy kept ranting about Messi's missed penalty. Kilode?undecided
Don't blame it on him... Blame it on their boring thread. If their thread were half as lively and interesting as ours, I doubt he would ever have the time to pay us a visit.

But their thread is another way to define boring.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 7:16pm On Feb 25, 2015
philfearon:

You Are taking this the wrong way bro..Messi was perfect yesterday..He's been since this year...
But as regards the penalty taking,Messi is no longer Messi in the penalty taking area..Its a fact...
The consolation here is that we won,but what if that penalty were to be similar to the one against Chelsea? we would crash out.."make hay while the sun shines" is the relevant proverb here...And stop attacking me anytime I bring up anything Messi bro..
a penalty is a lottery. a player can miss at any time. dont be surprised if messi scores his next 20 pk's. lol. that's how guys clamoured for neymar to start taking penalties! claiming he was better than messi and guess what, neymar missed as soon as he had his chance! i put it to you mr philfearon; i swear if neymar hadnt missed his last p.k, your recommendation would have been pique, busquets and NEYMAR. that's the hypocrisy in all of us humans. i quote you and agree with you when i think you're spot on and then i shouldnt quote you when you go over the line about messi? lol. my apologies.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 7:27pm On Feb 25, 2015
dmcdad:

You would agree with me that the solution wouldn't be to choose a different penalty taker. Of course it would be a slap on Messi's face to do such. I believe he needs cajoling, because he has become less potent and lackadaisical in taking and converting penalty kicks.

Make them draw him ear. I feel you because it is really worrisome. But then, taking it away from him would bring up more controversies than bargained for. No one wants that anymore...

Plus, @dippssett, you can't say for sure Messi is the best penalty taker in the team. I disagree with that. How did you know other players' potency in taking PKs? Anywayz, I am not saying anyone is a better PK taker than him or vice-versa. I am just saying you shouldn't be so sure as we have not had the luxury of seeing other players take PKs for the most part.
real madrid didnt have to sample the squad of 23, to assert that ronaldo is the best pk man, everton didnt have to sample their squad of 23 to assert that baines is their best pk man, liverpool didnt have to sample their entire 23 to know that stevie g is their man for the pk's. same goes for man u and rooney. heck like someone said, pique might actually be a better pk taker than messi. these guys see themselves in training and they know that messi is their man for p.k's. if not iniesta or xavi would still be taking p.k's till date. is anyone really saying that luis enrique should strip messi of the right and maybe appoint neymar or suarez? lol, where has it ever be done? there'd be a tsunami in the squad. i think messi is a tad casual with his p.ks(just as he does in front of goal when he gets a gaol scoring chance).for instance, a ronaldo picks his spot and then shoooooooots the ball right there while a messi would rather try to 'sell' the goalie and enjoy the sight of the ball move into the back of the net at snail speed, or he would attempt a panenka. messi just needs to be spoken with, let him add more power to his p'ks and stop trying to be stylish most times.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 7:51pm On Feb 25, 2015
Mcleo007:

Those mazy runs, eh? You'd almost mistake both players for god-Messi.
As in eh

Na Pique own surprise me pass grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sebod(m): 8:42pm On Feb 25, 2015
I can't stop to think of the game last night, we had the best 1st half I have ever seen in recent time. We dominated them and taught them football on their home soil. Messi need not praised, there's no word to describe him anymore, simply the best. I must give kudos to Pique for a job well done, he surprised me most. Rakitic? Only if the guy could be free from this 'support-Alves' of assignment, he's a superb player. Suarez should have scored four, but I was happy for those two nice goals in England where he was despised. Neymar? He needs our football prayer(homesteady) to get back to that good form we have seen lately(dude also need to learn 'chipping' from the master) I think we allowed them into the game in the second half, they tried all they could because they knew it was not gonna be easy at the camp nou. The funniest? I still heard some deluded EPL fans shouting 'ojoro' after Clichy was sent off. Messi's miss? I am sure he will make up fot it @Camp Nou.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 9:49pm On Feb 25, 2015
ddippset:
real madrid didnt have to sample the squad of 23, to assert that ronaldo is the best pk man, everton didnt have to sample their squad of 23 to assert that baines is their best pk man, liverpool didnt have to sample their entire 23 to know that stevie g is their man for the pk's. same goes for man u and rooney. heck like someone said, pique might actually be a better pk taker than messi. these guys see themselves in training and they know that messi is their man for p.k's. if not iniesta or xavi would still be taking p.k's till date. is anyone really saying that luis enrique should strip messi of the right and maybe appoint neymar or suarez? lol, where has it ever be done? there'd be a tsunami in the squad. i think messi is a tad casual with his p.ks(just as he does in front of goal when he gets a gaol scoring chance).for instance, a ronaldo picks his spot and then shoooooooots the ball right there while a messi would rather try to 'sell' the goalie and enjoy the sight of the ball move into the back of the net at snail speed, or he would attempt a panenka. messi just needs to be spoken with, let him add more power to his p'ks and stop trying to be stylish most times.
Bro... You be king of misunderstanding. Where did I state that Messi should be stripped of such duty? On the contrary, I said it would be unheard of to even try. That is in response to Phil 's agitation as regards changing the PK taker.

Let me rephrase so you understand since you misunderstood that. To say that Messi is the best PK taker is why he is still the main PK taker is a cheap way to justify him. Just put, he is the main man in the team, as well as the assigned PK taker. No arguments about that. But really, there is no way to test the best PK taker in a team. I am not sure if such tests has ever been carried out in any team. PK takers are just selected. Of course from proven squad members.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 10:40pm On Feb 25, 2015
Just finished watching Pooornn grin

Epl teams..Tufiakwa grin

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 10:55pm On Feb 25, 2015
dmcdad:

You would agree with me that the solution wouldn't be to choose a different penalty taker. Of course it would be a slap on Messi's face to do such. I believe he needs cajoling, because he has become less potent and lackadaisical in taking and converting penalty kicks.

Make them draw him ear. I feel you because it is really worrisome. But then, taking it away from him would bring up more controversies than bargained for. No one wants that anymore...

Plus, @dippssett, you can't say for sure Messi is the best penalty taker in the team. I disagree with that. How did you know other players' potency in taking PKs? Anywayz, I am not saying anyone is a better PK taker than him or vice-versa. I am just saying you shouldn't be so sure as we have not had the luxury of seeing other players take PKs for the most part.
dmcdad:

Bro... You be king of misunderstanding. Where did I state that Messi should be stripped of such duty? On the contrary, I said it would be unheard of to even try. That is in response to Phil 's agitation as regards changing the PK taker.
Let me rephrase so you understand since you misunderstood that. To say that Messi is the best PK taker is why he is still the main PK taker is a cheap way to justify him. Just put, he is the main man in the team, as well as the assigned PK taker. No arguments about that. But really, there is no way to test the best PK taker in a team. I am not sure if such tests has ever been carried out in any team. PK takers are just selected. Of course from proven squad members.
well, i submit that i misunderstood you if you insist. @ bolded above; the bolded was absolutely unnecessary from you in the context of the argument in was having with philfearon. he suggested messi should be stripped, i tried to counter him with the 'messi is the best pk taker' point, (call it an exaggeration if you would) and then you countered me as well! so reading between the lines one would be forgiven to insinuate that you share philfearon's opinion to strip messi. so pls forgive me.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 11:03pm On Feb 25, 2015
ddippset:
well, i submit that i misunderstood you if you insist. @ bolded above; the bolded was absolutely unnecessary from you in the context of the argument in was having with philfearon. he suggested messi should be stripped, i tried to counter him with the 'messi is the best pk taker' point, (call it an exaggeration if you would) and then you countered me as well! so reading between the lines one would be forgiven to insinuate that you share philfearon's opinion to strip messi. so pls forgive me.
No shakes bruv...

On a different note, EPL is shiit, shitter, shittest! Jeez! Are they for real? Did you watch the Arsenal vs Monaco game? Gosh! If we catch Arsenal ehn, make MSN no play that match. We go need bring up Sandro, Pedro and Munir. Yet, I would bet a fortune that we would come out tops.

RIP EPL...
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 11:08pm On Feb 25, 2015
dmcdad:

No shakes bruv...

On a different note, EPL is shiit, shitter, shittest! Jeez! Are they for real? Did you watch the Arsenal vs Monaco game? Gosh! If we catch Arsenal ehn, make MSN no play that match. We go need bring up Sandro, Pedro and Munir. Yet, I will bet a fortune that we would come out tops.

RIP EPL...
i could remember when the draws were made in december. arsenal had avoided barcelona, real madrid, athletico, bayern and gotten monaco. one billion arsenal fans jubilated. at 1-2 they had a very good chance, but 1-3? it's over for arsenal.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 11:14pm On Feb 25, 2015
ddippset:
i could remember when the draws were made in december. arsenal had avoided barcelona, real madrid, athletico, bayern and gotten monaco. one billion arsenal fans jubilated. at 1-2 they had a very good chance, but 1-3? it's over for arsenal.
It's really more of an Academy than a football club. Mtchewwwww.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 11:34pm On Feb 25, 2015
English Press at it again.

https://vine.co/v/O2awOPEpJTj

Tell me, where and when did he bite Demichelis? English Press spreading runours and cooking up false stories since 102BC.

Suarez: "Biting attempt? He puts his hand on my throat. ENG press wants to cause me harm. Guess they're still hurt about World Cup."
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by pamcode(m): 11:54pm On Feb 25, 2015
dmcdad:
English Press at it again.

https://vine.co/v/O2awOPEpJTj

Tell me, where and when did he bite Demichelis? English Press spreading runours and cooking up false stories since 102BC.

Suarez: "Biting attempt? He puts his hand on my throat. ENG press wants to cause me harm. Guess they're still hurt about World Cup."
well i guess suarez knows what costa and mourinho suffers sha, journalists can always be crazy especially in france and england and even spain
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 4:36am On Feb 26, 2015
pamcode:
well i guess suarez knows what costa and mourinho suffers sha, journalists can always be crazy especially in france and england and even spain
English press are just too...lipsrsealed

Little wonder they are not performing as expected. They pay much attention to rumours, controversies and hypes, and less attention to detail and the nitty-gritty.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 4:37am On Feb 26, 2015
Suarez: "Hart told me I played an incredible game, that I should keep going. Shows he's not only a great keeper, but also a great guy."

#Respect.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 8:22am On Feb 26, 2015
ddippset:
a penalty is a lottery. a player can miss at any time. dont be surprised if messi scores his next 20 pk's. lol. that's how guys clamoured for neymar to start taking penalties! claiming he was better than messi and guess what, neymar missed as soon as he had his chance! i put it to you mr philfearon; i swear if neymar hadnt missed his last p.k, your recommendation would have been pique, busquets and NEYMAR. that's the hypocrisy in all of us humans. i quote you and agree with you when i think you're spot on and then i shouldnt quote you when you go over the line about messi? lol. my apologies.
Lol....
I understand your point bro..no qualms.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by funkyjms: 8:45pm On Feb 26, 2015
Kudoz to Spanish teams so far!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Debroslink: 8:49pm On Feb 26, 2015
funkyjms:
Kudoz to Spanish teams so far!

See the way Fioentina is raping Tottenham. Liverpool is hanging in d balance. EPL is trash. Uefa needs to reduce the number of EPL teams in Euro competitions.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 3:35am On Feb 27, 2015
Debroslink:

See the way Fioentina is raping Tottenham. Liverpool is hanging in d balance. EPL is trash. Uefa needs to reduce the number of EPL teams in Euro competitions.
Or better still, pursue all of them for wasting people's time. Nonsense!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 8:35am On Feb 27, 2015
dmcdad:

Or better still, pursue all of them for wasting people's time. Nonsense!
You dey vex oooo
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 11:49am On Feb 27, 2015
philfearon:

You dey vex oooo
cheesy

It's annoying, especially since they are claiming to be the best league in the world. Imagine Besiktas, Liverpool no fit win. Imagine say Arsenal no fit win Monaco for Emirate. Haba! I no wan talk about Man City own because we and them no be mate at all.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by funkyjms: 1:12pm On Feb 27, 2015
One thing I always wish for #FCB
Guardiola's return! sad sad
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 2:28pm On Feb 27, 2015
funkyjms:
What new thing would he bring on the table for us on return? He admitted to being drained at the end of his stay. In fact his last season with us was almost ordinary. His second coming would not bring much for us. grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 2:32pm On Feb 27, 2015
Johnpaul88:
What new thing would he bring on the table for us on return? He admitted to being drained at the end of his stay. In fact his last season with us was almost ordinary. His second coming would not bring much for us. grin
He didn't say "as coach!"....
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 2:34pm On Feb 27, 2015
philfearon:

He didn't say "as coach!"....
It doesn't matter grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 2:39pm On Feb 27, 2015
Johnpaul88:
It doesn't matter grin
It does bro...
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 3:30pm On Feb 27, 2015
philfearon:

It does bro...
At least in the next 10 years or so, Pep wouldn't be interested in any other position apart from being a coach, since he's quite good at it. After his time at Bayern, I'm sure a host of other clubs would be vying for his signature. grin I'm sure he'll be wasting away if he comes back to Barca and joins the administration or something of the like. These lots are not for those good at coaching.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by barackohandso(m): 4:59pm On Feb 27, 2015
funkyjms:

Pep Guardiola: 'I won't coach
Barcelona again!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by funkyjms: 5:49pm On Feb 27, 2015
Johnpaul88:

Football is very dynamic. Every good coach will always have something to offer. I love the fact that he admitted being drained, in fact, that was when he earned my full respect. He knew that and he stepped down! He is not like the strong headed Wenger who has nothing tangible to show for a decade now.

His second coming would not bring much for us? Well, I'm sure the little he would bring will be much more than what we have now.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by funkyjms: 5:53pm On Feb 27, 2015
barackohandso:

Pep Guardiola: 'I won't coach
Barcelona again!

That's just a mere words! Remember the case of Eto?

(1) (2) (3) ... (639) (640) (641) (642) (643) (644) (645) ... (6194) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.