Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,317 members, 7,819,076 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:54 AM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (782) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4603468 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (779) (780) (781) (782) (783) (784) (785) ... (6193) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sebod(m): 9:21pm On May 10, 2015
logica:
It appears whenever Barca fails to win a trophy in a season; the following season could be a treble. cheesy Exactly as it happened in 2007/2008 season followed by 2008/2009 (season of the treble). And guess one player that was REGULAR in both sides?
Not only was he regular but the pivot. 'Messi' the god of footbal!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 9:30pm On May 10, 2015
logica:
It appears whenever Barca fails to win a trophy in a season; the following season could be a treble. cheesy Exactly as it happened in 2007/2008 season followed by 2008/2009 (season of the treble). And guess one player that was REGULAR in both sides?

Who else, if not Lionel Messi?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by mcdreeezy: 9:31pm On May 10, 2015
logica:
Messi?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Debroslink: 9:31pm On May 10, 2015
logica:

Actually, as @ now, we've not won any trophy. Let's exercise more patience please.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Mcleo007(m): 9:40pm On May 10, 2015
logica:

We've had longer barren spells in the past tho...
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by logica(m): 9:41pm On May 10, 2015
Debroslink:

Actually, as @ now, we've not won any trophy. Let's exercise more patience please.
English. I said "could". Thank you. smiley

In any case, the only trophy that is not more or less in the bag as at now is the Champions League.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by logica(m): 9:43pm On May 10, 2015
Mcleo007:

We've had longer barren spells in the past tho...
...involving Messi? We never even had a barren spell with Ronaldinho.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by stevemims(m): 9:55pm On May 10, 2015
Debroslink:

You are right bro.. This is football where anything can happen. But i must commend this barca team for their fighting spirit,they deserve to end the season on a good note.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 10:03pm On May 10, 2015
logica:
The GOAT.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ELYMAXiimus(m): 10:10pm On May 10, 2015
This year's bal 'on di'ore is still between messi nd ronaldo. What do you guys think?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by homesteady(m): 10:19pm On May 10, 2015
ELYMAXiimus:
This year's bal 'on di'ore is still between messi nd ronaldo.
What do you guys think?

Messi has won it already! his magical 2 goals against bayern has given him the title!

If we win the treble, I see 2 Barcelona players on the podium! Messi and Neymar( If he performs excellently for brazil during their copa America)
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ELYMAXiimus(m): 10:23pm On May 10, 2015
homesteady:

Messi has won it already! his magical 2 goals against bayern has given him the title!

If we win the treble, I see 2 Barcelona players on the podium! Messi and Neymar( If he performs excellently for brazil during their copa America)
lolol. How will they judge based on that alone?

It's still too early to rush into conclusion. Madrid are still in the championship, you know?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 10:25pm On May 10, 2015
ELYMAXiimus:
This year's bal 'on di'ore is still between messi nd ronaldo.
What do you guys think?

Boateng has handed it to Messi already!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ELYMAXiimus(m): 10:27pm On May 10, 2015
dearpreye:

lol... That guy's life will never remain the same again.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 10:28pm On May 10, 2015
ELYMAXiimus:

That dribble was too embarrassing! He collapsed like a pack of cards. ...
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by homesteady(m): 11:07pm On May 10, 2015
ELYMAXiimus:

lolol. How will they judge based on that alone?

It's still too early to rush into conclusion. Madrid are still in the championship, you know?
That match is the biggest match of the season, it got a lot of publicity - Pep coming home, barca MSN on fire...... So I'm sure the whole world was watching it! And Messi performed excellently, even up till now people are yet to recover from his goals!
Ronaldo will never be able to match this performance this year!
Ronaldo scored 5 goals in one match this year, but the platform was low, hence the lesser publicity and less importance! I can't even remember the club he scored the 5 goals!
But no one will forget Messi's 2 goals against bayern!
Besides, Messi could be a potential sextuplet winner (UCL, la liga, copa dey rel, european super cup, CWC, spanish super cup) ++ copa America! Ronaldo can only win UCL!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by coded01: 11:51pm On May 10, 2015
Treble loading... cool cheesy wink
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by coded01: 11:56pm On May 10, 2015
ELYMAXiimus:

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 6:49am On May 11, 2015
logica:
...involving Messi? We never even had a barren spell with Ronaldinho.
We had...
2006/2007 and 2007/2008...
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by coded01: 8:00am On May 11, 2015
Javanian:
"For me, to watch Messi play is a pleasure –
it’s like having an orgasm – it’s an incredible
pleasure." - Luis Figo
"Messi is the best in the world without any
doubt and for me the history of football,"
Luis Enrique.

"Once they said they can only stop me with
a pistol. Today you need a machine gun to
stop Messi." - Hristo Stoichkov
grin grin grin

"Messi or Ronaldo best player in the world?
In the world, I would say Ronaldo. Messi is
from another planet." - Turkish international
Arda Turan
"Messi is God, as a person and even more as
a player. I knew him when he was a boy
and I’ve watched him grow. He deserves it
all." - Samuel Eto'o
"Although he may not be human, it’s good
that Messi still thinks he is." - Javier
Mascherano
"They tell me that all men are equal in God’s
eyes, this player makes you seriously think
about those words." - Football commentator
Ray Hudson
"Newton and Einstein had a certain level of
autism - I hope that, like them, Messi
surpasses himself every day and continues
to give us his beautiful brand of football." -
Romario
"Messi is the Mozart of football." - Radomir
Antic .
"It is clear that Messi is on a level above all
others. Those who do not see that are
blind." - Xavi "There are three or four
important things in life: books, friends,
women… and Messi." - Portuguese writer
Antonio Lobo Antunes "Barca will never
have a player like Messi again. Messi’s
greatness is present on and off the field of
play." - Barcelona president Sandro Rosell
"At this point I’m starting to believe that
Messi is tightly related to Clark Kent." - Israeli
model Bar Rafaeli "Messi is class. There is
him, and then there is the rest. What he
does is extraordinary." - Franck Ribery "We
give him the ball and stand back and watch.
People often say to me they saw Pele and
Maradona play. In the future, I will be able
to say I saw Messi play." - Thiago Alcanatara
"He is always going forwards. He never
passes the ball backwards or sideways. He
has only one idea, to run towards the goal.
So as a football fan, just enjoy the show." -
Zinedine Zidane "He sees passes that most
people can only see whilst watching the
game on TV, not ones that you can normally
see on the pitch." - Tata Martino "For the
world of football, Messi is a treasure
because he is role model for children
around the world… Messi will be the player
to win the most Ballons d’Or in history. He
will win five, six, seven. He is incomparable.
He’s in a different league." - Johan Cruyff . "I
have played against Platini, Maradona,
Cruyff and played with George Best — a lot
of big names, but none of them has been
able to do what Messi does. Two years ago I
said that the best player I played against
was Maradona and the best player I have
played with was Bestie. But I can now say I
have never seen a player as good as Messi.
He’s in a league of his own." - Former
Tottenham star Gerry Armstrong "Diego
[Maradona] filled us with emotions. But
between the cracks, without doubt, Messi is
better than Maradona." - Diego Simeone
"There is no doubt, you’re from another
galaxy. Thanks Leo." - Maxi Rodriguez "Who
is the Best Player in the World? Leo Messi.
Who is the Best Player Ever? Leo Messi." -
Arsene Wenger

"I have seen the player who
will inherit my place in Argentine football
and his name is Messi. Messi is a genius." -
Diego Maradona cheesy

"I like Messi a lot, he’s a
great player. Technically, we’re practically at
the same level." - Pele .
tongue grin

"Messi does not need
his right foot. He only uses the left and he’s
still the best in the world. Imagine if he also
used his right foot, Then we would have
serious problems." - Zlatan Ibrahimovic
"Fella’s a genius. Best ever by a distance in
my life time. Never really saw Pele…
Souness, Gullit, Venables and now Rooney
agree Messi is the best they have seen. He
plays a game with which we are not
familiar." - Gary Lineker
"I played with Romario, Rivaldo, Ronaldo,
Laudrup and Stoichkov but Messi is the best
I’ve seen" - Former Barcelona and Chelsea
star Albert Ferrer
"It feels good to be in the same generation
as him. I believe he’s the best player in the
history of the sport." - Gerard Pique "Messi
defies the laws of anatomy, he must have
an extra bone in his ankle." - Argentina's
1986 World Cup-winning coach Carlos
Bilardo
"Who’s better, Messi or Cristiano Ronaldo?
Messi. Ronaldo is good, but Messi is 10 times
better." - Dutch star Klaas-Jan Huntelaar
"Lionel Messi is quite clearly the best player
ever. It’s a pleasure to pit myself against
him and when I finish my career it’s
something I can look back on and know I’ve
tested myself against the very best." - John
Terry

"In my entire life I have never seen a player
of such quality and personality at such a
young age, particularly wearing the ‘heavy’
shirt of one of the world’s great clubs." -
Fabio Capello .
cheesy

"Messi is better than Maradona; he is more
complete, more consistent, more
spectacular. He is reinventing the game – a
mix of the real and the virtual." - Tostão
"I am not crazy enough to compare myself
with Messi because he is the best there ever
was and the best there will ever be." - Mario
Gomez
"I was a big fan of Maradona growing up
and of the current crop Ronaldo is good but
Messi is the best I’ve ever seen. I don’t dish
out praise lightly but Messi deserves it. I
look for weaknesses in his game and I can’t
find them." - Roy Keane

"Messi is the best player ever. And this is
said by someone who has seen Maradona
and Pele play." - AC Milan chief Adriano
Galliani
cool

"He is the best in the world. Football seems
easy when he plays it." - Bacary Sagna .
"I wear the number 10 Jersey for the US
National Team in honour of the Greatest
athlete I have ever seen: Messi." - Kobe
Bryant
"The only bad thing about Ronaldo’s life is
Messi. If it was not for him, Ronaldo would
be the best player in the world for five
years in a row." - Felipe Scolari
"I can’t believe anyone can have played the
game of football as well as Messi." - Michael
Owen

"Is Messi a real player or a PlayStation
character?" - Radamel Falcao
grin grin

"Messi is a genius. He has everything. When
I watch him, I see a player who is very,
very, skilful, very clever and his left foot is
like Diego Maradona’s." - Franz Beckenbauer
"Messi or Cristiano? Cristiano Ronaldo is
very good, but I prefer Messi. He’s
incredible." - Gheorghe Hagi

"Comparing CR7 to Messi is an exercise of
ignorance in football. Messi is Messi and
others, footballers." - Spanish manager
Miguel Angel Lotina grin grin

"The other day I saw
one of his games. He was running with the
ball at a hundred percent full speed, I don’t
know how many touches he took, maybe
five or six, but the ball was glued to his
foot. It’s practically impossible." - Real
Madrid legend Raul
cool

"If he is so good, how can you express
that? The superlatives ran out ages ago. On
these pages, swearing has been tried. Or
perhaps a symbol, something to signify that
we have gone beyond words now." -
Football writer Sid Lowe

"Don't write about him, don't try to describe
him. Just watch him." - Pep Guardiola

lipsrsealed shocked cool
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by pelvicky(m): 9:07am On May 11, 2015
If football has a god then messi would be one- stephen keshi
No system can't stop messi- pep guardiola
u can't even keep tabs on him(messi)- boateng
2015 BALLON D'OR winner. LEO MESSI
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Krasid(m): 9:21am On May 11, 2015
homesteady:

Messi has won nothing yet.If Madrid and Barca get to the UCL final, then whoever wins will have the upper hand.An el clasico UCL final would have way more publicity than every UCL final that has been played b4.The Bale-clasico had a 400 million global audience.Just imagine the buzz a Messi-CR el clasico would generate.Messi's ballon d'or would only be secure if he wins the el-clasico final or Juve eliminate Madrid on Wednesday.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by barackohandso(m): 9:32am On May 11, 2015
Krasid. I can see you've recovered from the Valencia shock and trolling again. Anyway the copa and liga are out of it for madrid and hopefully the UCL will be out by Wednesday

Better luck next season
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Spencer63(m): 9:33am On May 11, 2015
Krasid:
Messi has won nothing yet.If Madrid and Barca get to the UCL final, then whoever wins will have the upper hand.An el clasico UCL final would have way more publicity than every UCL final that has been played b4.The Bale-clasico had a 400 million global audience.Just imagine the buzz a Messi-CR el clasico would generate.Messi's ballon d'or would only be secure if he wins the el-clasico final or Juve eliminate Madrid or Wednesday.
I see madrid crashing out on Wednesday grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Krasid(m): 9:36am On May 11, 2015
pelvicky:
If football has a god then messi would be one- stephen keshi

No system can't stop messi- pep guardiola

u can't even keep tabs on him(messi)- boateng

2015 BALLON D'OR winner.
LEO MESSI
Maradona: ''Cristiano is a predator in front of goal.You can't let Cristiano shoot anywhere in the opposition half.Goalkeepers are scared of him.You have to be honest, goalkeepers are scared of Cristiano.They are not so scared of Messi in those areas because he doesn't have the same power as Cristiano'' Finally, people are starting to see things clearly.By the time Madrid retain the UCL by beating barca in a CR7 show, more people will have a change of thought.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 9:37am On May 11, 2015
Spencer63:

I see madrid crashing out on Wednesday grin

That will be pleasant. A season without a trophy for them!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by barackohandso(m): 9:42am On May 11, 2015
Happy birthday Andres Iniesta

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Krasid(m): 9:43am On May 11, 2015
barackohandso:
Krasid. I can see you've recovered from the Valencia shock and trolling again. Anyway the copa and liga are out of it for madrid and hopefully the UCL will be out by Wednesday

Better luck next season
Congrats on your league win.Barca would have beaten Atleti anyway, so why bother about the league when we can just focus on the UCL like last season.We are going for the bigger one.Remember how CR spoilt your chances of another treble in 2011? He would be doing the same in Berlin.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by barackohandso(m): 9:58am On May 11, 2015
Krasid:
Congrats on your league win.Barca would have beaten Atleti anyway, so why bother about the league when we can just focus on the UCL like last season.We are going for the bigger one.Remember how CR spoilt your chances of another treble in 2011? He would be doing the same in Berlin.

How convenient of you to claim that madrid isn't bothered about the league now that it's looking most likely that barca will win it, just few weeks ago you were hoping we enter the final 2 rounds with the 2-point margin. Well good of you to concede defeat though

Well as for CR7 spoiling our treble chances, he might want to given that he's never won a treble in his career but that's even if he gets past juventus on Wednesday
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by iPopAlomo(m): 10:10am On May 11, 2015
dearpreye:

Most Definately barcanista...
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 10:29am On May 11, 2015
I have been celebrating barca's treble and potential sextuple since saturday. Viscaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa barcaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 10:40am On May 11, 2015
Krasid:
Sounding so pained...juve will beat madrid in Bernabau..

(1) (2) (3) ... (779) (780) (781) (782) (783) (784) (785) ... (6193) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: GrammarNazi1(m), andrewbaba44, PapaBornboy and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.