Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:32 AM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (812) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4587591 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (809) (810) (811) (812) (813) (814) (815) ... (6186) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by homesteady(m): 2:26pm On May 19, 2015
Now that it's confirmed that Xavi is leaving, I hope them Enrique and co already have a midfielder in sight to buy!
But our ban isn't helping matters, and if we buy any player in January, before he'll acclimatize with the surrounding, it will almost be the end of the season!

That means more responsibility and play time for Rafinha!
But I think we might end of buying Ilkay Gundogan, I watched some of his clips and he is good - he can give good passes and he has good ball possession skills! But it seems like he is injury prone!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 2:41pm On May 19, 2015
homesteady:
Now that it's confirmed that Xavi is leaving, I hope them Enrique and co already have a midfielder in sight to buy!
But our ban isn't helping matters, and if we buy any player in January, before he'll acclimatize with the surrounding, it will almost be the end of the season!

But I think we might end of buying Ilkay Gundogan, I watched some of his clips and he is good - he can give good passes and he has good ball possession skills! But it seems like he is injury prone!
Barca shouldn't buy any midfielder....
Giving the ones we have more chance will be good enough(as it will allow them grow and develop)..
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by funkyjms: 3:26pm On May 19, 2015
homesteady:
[b]Now that it's confirmed that Xavi is leaving...

Not yet confirmed, till Thursday.
I have this mind that he may decide to stay an extra year. Honestly, I would love to see him winning sextuple again, after that he can make money in Qatar.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by funkyjms: 3:29pm On May 19, 2015
June 6, 2015.

UCL final
FIFA Women's World cup kicks off
French Open Women singles final
NHL playoffs final

My dairy please??
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by kradleber: 4:17pm On May 19, 2015
ddippset:
ive clicked on it and there's no place to vote. or maybe i dont know how. tell me.

here... https://www.nairaland.com/2322733/miss-nairaland-contest-2015-elimination/46#33894527

and tag nljega along with your post cos that's the only way It's gonna be seen.

Thanks .
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 4:21pm On May 19, 2015
philfearon:

Barca shouldn't buy any midfielder....
Giving the ones we have more chance will be good enough(as it will allow them grow and develop)..

I agree.
I would rather bring through Sergi Samper and Allen Halilovic, especially if Barca B end up getting relegated, with the view to loaning them to a good club like Sevilla or Valencia.

We have Rakitic, Iniesta, Rafinha, Busquets, Mascherano, Sergi Roberto. I would even bring back Dennis Suarez, he's had a decent season at Sevilla. We have a decent squad for rotation in my view. Deulofeu should be loaned back to a Premier League club, or sold outright. He has talent, but he won't get a chance at today's Barca.

funkyjms:

I have this mind that he may decide to stay an extra year. Honestly, I would love to see him winning sextuple again, after that he can make money in Qatar.

Agreed. he should leave in December, or end of next season. He was well-managed for last season. But I think he'll leave.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 7:12pm On May 19, 2015
AjanleKoko:

I agree.
I would rather bring through Sergi Samper and Allen Halilovic, especially if Barca B end up getting relegated, with the view to loaning them to a good club like Sevilla or Valencia.

We have Rakitic, Iniesta, Rafinha, Busquets, Mascherano, Sergi Roberto. I would even bring back Dennis Suarez, he's had a decent season at Sevilla. We have a decent squad for rotation in my view. Deulofeu should be loaned back to a Premier League club, or sold outright. He has talent, but he won't get a chance at today's Barca!
Gbam!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by homesteady(m): 7:20pm On May 19, 2015
I don't know for you people oh, but I noticed that our Midfield is our weakest point!
We lack that commanding person in midfield who can dictate play, give quick long passes and also control possession very well!
1)Iniesta is not just that person ( thats why he is often seen as the weakest player because he is not been played in his natural position)
2) Rakitić is a box to box midfielder, and he does not tick all the boxes, same as Rafinha! both don't have that great passing vision!

Though this issue has been covered up by Messi creative skills, but it was so glaring when we played against Bayern and Real madrid! thats why we struggled with possession against them

The only players who could do this were Xavi, thiago and Fabregas and they will all soon be gone!

I have watched many Ilkay Gundogan videos and he can do the job very well! Verratti can do it, but he'll be too expensive! So it's better we catch Gundogan for chicken change now!
Also since he is not really a super star, it won't be a big deal if he stays on the bench
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by barackohandso(m): 7:38pm On May 19, 2015
Barça will wear blaugrana in the Champions League final in Berlin

FC Barcelona will wear their home blaugrana kit in the Champions League final in Berlin against Juventus just as they have done in all their previous finals since Europe’s top club competition was rebranded for the season 1992/93. Barça wore blaugrana in the final at Wembley in 2011, in Rome in 2009, in Paris in 2006. In the competition in its former guise as the European Champions’ Club Cup, Barça wore blaugrana in 1994 in Athens and in 1961 in Berne. In Seville in 1986 they wore blue and at Wembley in 1992 they wore orange.

www.fcbarcelona.com/football/first-team/detail/article/barca-will-wear-blaugrana-in-the-champions-league-final-in-berlin

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by barackohandso(m): 7:51pm On May 19, 2015
Xavi Hernández's eighth league title

The Catalan midfielder adds another title to his list of honours and now has 23 to his name, equalling the record in Spanish Football which is held by the former Real Madrid player Paco Gento

Xavi Hernández continues to add to his already bursting cabinet full of silverware. Out
on the field last Sunday at the Vicente Calderón the man from Terrassa, just outside of Barcelona,
enjoyed his eighth league title in 17 seasons as a
blaugrana - a great achievement for a player who,
aside from being the Barça player who has won
most trophies and made most appearances for the
Club, has also been the fulcrum of the team in
recent years.

The midfielder made his debut in the league on 3
October 1998 at Mestalla in a 3-1 win over
Valencia. That season Xavi played 17 games for the
first team, winning his first league title in the
process. Now, at 35 years of age, Xavi Hernández
has eight league titles to his name and in all eight
he has played a vital role. Only in his first season
with the first team and in season 2005/06 when he
suffered a series knee injury has the Barça captain
dipped under the figure of 30 appearances in each
of those championship winning campaigns.
This season Xavi has played 30 games in the league, 18 in the starting eleven, scoring twice. With him on the field Barça have won 25 games, drawn 2 and lost 3.

Of the current FC Barcelona squad only Messi and
Iniesta with seven leagues each are anywhere near
Xavi, who could end the season with another
Spanish Cup and Champions League in his trophy
cabinet. At the moment the Barça number 6 has 23 titles in his collection – 8 leagues, 3 Champions
Leagues, 2 Spanish Cups, 6 Spanish Super Cups, 2
European Super Cups and 2 World Club Cups. Those figures bring him level with former Real Madrid player Paco Gento as the player in Spanish Football with most titles. With the national side Xavi can also add the World Cup in 2010 and the European Championships in 2008 and 2012.
This season the blaugrana captain, as well as being
the Barça players with most appearances for the
Club on 763, has joined a select band of footballers who have made more than 500 league
appearances in Spain

www.fcbarcelona.com/football/first-team/detail/article/xavi-hernandez-s-eighth-league-title

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by homesteady(m): 7:55pm On May 19, 2015
funkyjms:

The move is inevitable, he wanted to even go last season but Enrique begged him! It's even better if he leaves now especially if we win the treble! No one knows what might happen next season
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sebod(m): 10:17pm On May 19, 2015
barackohandso:
Xavi Hernández's eighth league title

www.fcbarcelona.com/football/first-team/detail/article/xavi-hernandez-s-eighth-league-title
A worthy legend, the greatest central midfielder of all time. A player I had always wished never grow old. I can't wait to see him coaching the team one day. #Xavi the great one.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by barackohandso(m): 11:38pm On May 19, 2015
sebod:

A worthy legend, the greatest central midfielder of all time. A player I had always wished never grow old. I can't wait to see him coaching the team one day. #Xavi the great one.

A true football legend. We'll really miss him
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by MODAY1Ali(m): 11:43pm On May 19, 2015
Does anyone have updates on Suarez injury situation? Also why wasnt he in the squad against atletico?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 11:56pm On May 19, 2015
Wallpaper

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 12:02am On May 20, 2015
If u guys don't like it ill stop though

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by barackohandso(m): 12:05am On May 20, 2015
MODAY1Ali:
Does anyone have updates on Suarez injury situation? Also why wasnt he in the squad against atletico?

His injury is a slight one. His absence against Atleti was a precautionary measure and he will be available for the remaining 2 finals
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 12:08am On May 20, 2015
grin

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by MODAY1Ali(m): 12:16am On May 20, 2015
barackohandso:

His injury is a slight one. His absence against Atleti was a precautionary measure and he will be available for the remaining 2 finals

Tnx
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 12:18am On May 20, 2015

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 12:25am On May 20, 2015
Gudnyt continue tomorrow

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 10:03am On May 20, 2015
nonsoroyalty:
If u guys don't like it ill stop though
Like it? We are Barça fans. As long as it's Barça related, we will like it.cheesy
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by khanye(m): 5:02pm On May 20, 2015
I've been away for a while! God bless all cules! smiley
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 6:31pm On May 20, 2015
khanye:
Amen! Welcome back.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by barackohandso(m): 7:05pm On May 20, 2015
Lionel Messi's waxwork unveiled in New York

A waxwork of Lionel Messi has been unveiled at Madame Tussauds in New York, completing football's waxy holy trinity alongside Cristiano Ronaldo and Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

In the context of the chequered history of
footballing waxworks, this latest recreation of a living legend is a solid effort - if a little too chiselled around the jaw, perhaps.

It took four months, 20 artists and 250 precise
measurements to immortalise Messi in wax, and hetakes pride of place alongside the likes of Serena Williams and Muhammad Ali in the venue's new Sports Zone.

www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/babb/11617308/Lionel-Messis-waxwork-unveiled-in-New-York.html

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by stevemims(m): 8:22pm On May 20, 2015
MOU: "In 10 years' time, without Lionel Messi, the map of European football is going to change," he told talkSPORT. "What Barcelona have won in the last few years was with Frank Rijkaard, Pep Guardiola and Luis Enrique as coach, but it's always with Messi."
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 8:39pm On May 20, 2015
Wow!

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 8:49pm On May 20, 2015
khanye:

Choi..so you still dey?

wow..

abeg hit me up man!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 8:53pm On May 20, 2015
homesteady:

Ikay Gundogan cant fit that Xavi position lailia..hes more like a 4 to me.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 8:55pm On May 20, 2015
AjanleKoko:

I agree.

We have Rakitic, Iniesta, Rafinha, Busquets, Mascherano, Sergi Roberto. I would even bring back Dennis Suarez, he's had a decent season at Sevilla. We have a decent squad for rotation in my view. Deulofeu should be loaned back to a Premier League club, or sold outright. He has talent, but he won't get a chance at today's Barca.

Agreed. he should leave in December, or end of next season. He was well-managed for last season. But I think he'll leave.

I even believe Deulofeu and Dennis are likely to be useful to the team than that wasteful bench warmer of a Pedro guy that cant change the direction of any game.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 9:48pm On May 20, 2015
honeric01:

I even believe Deulofeu and Dennis are likely to be useful to the team than that wasteful bench warmer of a Pedro guy that cant change the direction of any game.
This is harsh bro..Pedro may have lost form,but saying he can't change the direction of any game is an insult bro..Don't forget Pedro's heroic for our Darling club so soon!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by barackohandso(m): 9:56pm On May 20, 2015
philfearon:

This is harsh bro..Pedro may have lost form,but saying he can't change the direction of any game is an insult bro..Don't forget Pedro's heroic for our Darling club so soon!

But it's true na. He is finished. His heroics are in the past now, though not forgotten. Let's live in the present, face facts and be realistic. Pedro should join Xavi on the exit route and not wait till fans start booing him

(1) (2) (3) ... (809) (810) (811) (812) (813) (814) (815) ... (6186) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.