Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,193 members, 7,811,499 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:09 PM

Bode George: Why Secondus Cannot Preside Over PDP National Convention - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bode George: Why Secondus Cannot Preside Over PDP National Convention (13067 Views)

Bode George: Why I Won’t Support Throwing PDP Presidential Ticket Open / Dickson: Secondus Cannot Be Stampeded To Resign / Bode George: Why Buhari Can’t Win The War Against Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bode George: Why Secondus Cannot Preside Over PDP National Convention by bolaayenimo: 6:27am On Aug 11, 2021
Chief Olabode George, a former Deputy National Chairman of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) has commended the elders in the party, especially members of the party’s Board of Trustees (BoT) for saving the party from implosion.

Following attempts to forcefully remove Prince Uche Secondus from office and attempt by the forces loyal to Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers state to set up a Caretaker Committee, the PDP BoT led by Senator Walid Jibrin had met with the party governors and other stakeholders where a deal was struck that the convention earlier scheduled to hold in December be brought forward to October.

It was also resolved that while Secondus and other members of the National Working Committee are eligible to contest, they will not be the ones to organise the convention as a Convention Committee will be set up by the party.
Speaking in an interview with DAILY INDEPENDENT, Bode George said the manner in which the crisis was resolved showed that there is a clear distinction between the PDP and the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC).

He said, “It is not the first time this will happen I am glad that the PDP is back stronger. I am also glad the way all the elders got up and saved the party because we were wobbling very badly”

“When people are talking about whether the NWC should go or shouldn’t go, from experience, I know that there is no perpetuity in the administration of a political party. They are there for a time and the congresses and convention are right here ahead of us. So, the first thing to do is to set up a national convention committee that will run the whole congresses. They (NWC) cannot be part of it”.

“If any of them want to contest, fine but they shouldn’t be the ones organizing the convention. How can you be a judge in your own case? They have had their time and the failure or success of their periods will be on the pages of history. Enough is enough!”.

“For me, we thank God that that meeting went very well today and I am confident that we will resolve everything. That is the beauty of the PDP as against APC. We have a track record and culture”.

“There is nobody who owns the PDP. It is a political party that should be for all comers. But the managers must realise that they must not disregard the constitution which is the soul of our party.When you start acting outside the constitution and making it look as if the party is your private company, then something is wrong”
https://independent.ng/secondus-bode-george-laud-pdp-elders-for-saving-party-from-implosion/

2 Likes

Re: Bode George: Why Secondus Cannot Preside Over PDP National Convention by Tony3245(m): 6:28am On Aug 11, 2021
In the tussle for power, the only set of people that are worth any pity are the gullible followers because of the emotion attached to it. For the former, it's nothing but a clash of interest and less emotion. Nonsense

Kindly check my signature for quality content writeup, project, research works, business proposals, assignments, ...etc we got you covered.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bode George: Why Secondus Cannot Preside Over PDP National Convention by Yungmil: 6:29am On Aug 11, 2021
This red puller above me, what is your own contribution to this topic now.

Are u a Matter that just occupy space?
Re: Bode George: Why Secondus Cannot Preside Over PDP National Convention by airminem(f): 6:29am On Aug 11, 2021
The same cane used in floging a first child is the same cane use in flogging a second child...

What is your valid contribution to the topic @ poster above me?!

BTW, This is the kind of intrique we are seeing playing out in the party; We can only wait to see the end of the high tension in PDP

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bode George: Why Secondus Cannot Preside Over PDP National Convention by Monogamy: 6:30am On Aug 11, 2021
Following attempts to forcefully remove Prince Uche Secondus from office and attempt by the forces loyal to Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers state to set up a Caretaker Committee

Why are some of the Pdp politicians are so in hurry to remove Secondus when he has 2 months left?

2 Likes

Re: Bode George: Why Secondus Cannot Preside Over PDP National Convention by airminem(f): 6:31am On Aug 11, 2021
Yungmil:
H
This kind comment is toxic

3 Likes

Re: Bode George: Why Secondus Cannot Preside Over PDP National Convention by Yungmil: 6:36am On Aug 11, 2021
airminem:
This kind comment is toxic
Watch it!!!!
Re: Bode George: Why Secondus Cannot Preside Over PDP National Convention by richiemcgold: 6:37am On Aug 11, 2021
I keep my finger crossed to see how the convention goes.
Re: Bode George: Why Secondus Cannot Preside Over PDP National Convention by SilverDesign(m): 7:05am On Aug 11, 2021
But just few months left..
Anyways,

I design professional animations to advertise your business.. Send a PM
Re: Bode George: Why Secondus Cannot Preside Over PDP National Convention by tabevu: 7:05am On Aug 11, 2021
Now, I understand.
Re: Bode George: Why Secondus Cannot Preside Over PDP National Convention by Wassapviews: 7:07am On Aug 11, 2021
Everyday pdp wahala

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bode George: Why Secondus Cannot Preside Over PDP National Convention by bewla(m): 7:10am On Aug 11, 2021
D
Re: Bode George: Why Secondus Cannot Preside Over PDP National Convention by tolulope1990(m): 7:11am On Aug 11, 2021
Nice one!!!
Bringing it back to October is better and Secondus can contest as well. if he wins, goodluck to him

You can’t really be judge in your own case!!!

1 Like

Re: Bode George: Why Secondus Cannot Preside Over PDP National Convention by zoedew: 7:14am On Aug 11, 2021
Expect a favourable phone call fro Gov Wike any moment!
Re: Bode George: Why Secondus Cannot Preside Over PDP National Convention by money121(m): 7:16am On Aug 11, 2021
Noted
Re: Bode George: Why Secondus Cannot Preside Over PDP National Convention by enyiinne(m): 7:19am On Aug 11, 2021
This is great. Every provider of public transport must be registered. A
Re: Bode George: Why Secondus Cannot Preside Over PDP National Convention by zoedew: 7:21am On Aug 11, 2021
Monogamy:

Why are some of the Pdp politicians are so in hurry to remove Secondus when he has 4 months left?

It does not take four months to have weeds overgrow your untended premises!
Re: Bode George: Why Secondus Cannot Preside Over PDP National Convention by Ever8090: 7:21am On Aug 11, 2021
Tony3245:
In the tussle for power, the only set of people that are worth any pity are the gullible followers because of the emotion attached to it. For the former, it's nothing but a clash of interest and less emotion. Nonsense

Kindly check my signature for quality content writeup, project, research works, business proposals, assignments, ...etc we got you covered.
I share your observation.. politicians only change position to maintain their grip on the national cake nothing more.

2 Likes

Re: Bode George: Why Secondus Cannot Preside Over PDP National Convention by nairavsdollars(f): 7:22am On Aug 11, 2021
Secondus can't be a judge in his own case
Re: Bode George: Why Secondus Cannot Preside Over PDP National Convention by LibertyRep: 7:23am On Aug 11, 2021
If Secondus will be contesting, then he shouldn't conduct the convention otherwise the national chairman should be accorded his due respect.
Re: Bode George: Why Secondus Cannot Preside Over PDP National Convention by Jesuschristus: 7:31am On Aug 11, 2021
PDP don scatter
Re: Bode George: Why Secondus Cannot Preside Over PDP National Convention by dododawa1: 7:34am On Aug 11, 2021
airminem:
The same cane used in floging a first child is the same cane use in flogging a second child...

BTW, This is the kind of intrique we are seeing playing out in the party; We can only wait to see the end of the high tension in PDP
not child but wives.
Re: Bode George: Why Secondus Cannot Preside Over PDP National Convention by eventainment(m): 7:36am On Aug 11, 2021
I don't know much about politics. But na work I de find I am a software developer: any website and software, I teach programming too. Javascript, python, flutter, HTML, CSS, jquery, and I write professional assignments and any related writeups without plagiarism but with rich contents 7....0.... 59, 0, 11, 222.
Re: Bode George: Why Secondus Cannot Preside Over PDP National Convention by airminem(f): 7:38am On Aug 11, 2021
dododawa1:
not child but wives.
I choose to use "child" instead. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Bode George: Why Secondus Cannot Preside Over PDP National Convention by dododawa1: 7:38am On Aug 11, 2021
airminem:

not child but wives (iyaile and iyawo) meaning (the penis using to Bleep first wife,is the same penis the second one will still bleeped.

1 Like

Re: Bode George: Why Secondus Cannot Preside Over PDP National Convention by dododawa1: 7:38am On Aug 11, 2021
airminem:
I choose to use "child" instead. Thank you
ok,you are welcome.
Re: Bode George: Why Secondus Cannot Preside Over PDP National Convention by AmazingELixir: 7:39am On Aug 11, 2021
Monogamy:

Why are some of the Pdp politicians are so in hurry to remove Secondus when he has 4 months left?

When Gov. Wike accused the NWC of PDP of being tax collectors what in your sound mind do you think he was referring to....Secondus's sharp practices is partly responsible for the dwindling fortunes of PDP in recent times.

Wike might not be a likeable person in terms of his combative nature but what you can't take away from him is that he speaks truth to reality and he is a straightforward person .. sentiment got nothing on him afteral he sponsored Secondus to the position of the party's head and they're from the same state.

1 Like

Re: Bode George: Why Secondus Cannot Preside Over PDP National Convention by Elzakzaky: 7:43am On Aug 11, 2021
PDP house of commotion
Re: Bode George: Why Secondus Cannot Preside Over PDP National Convention by silvoclaira: 7:44am On Aug 11, 2021
Elzakzaky:
PDP house of commotion
grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why The US Wont Tag Boko-Haram As A Terrorist Group / Capital Oil Ifeanyi Uba Arrested Over N22bn Subsidy Fraud / Military Aircraft Crash Lands In Yola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.