Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,815 members, 7,827,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:52 PM

If There Is Only One God/lord Which Lord Did Allah Swear With - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / If There Is Only One God/lord Which Lord Did Allah Swear With (1068 Views)

Why Did Allah Create Rhesus Factor D? / Did Allah Know What Will Happen To The People Of Sodom And Gomorrah? / How Did Allah Command Us To Recite Al Qur'an During Salat? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

If There Is Only One God/lord Which Lord Did Allah Swear With by advocatejare(m): 8:13pm On Aug 12, 2021
Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala said:

فَلَآ أُقْسِمُ بِرَبِّ الْمَشٰرِقِ وَالْمَغٰرِبِ إِنَّا لَقٰدِرُونَ
"So I swear by the Lord of risings and settings that indeed We are able"
(QS. Al-Ma'aarij 70: Verse 40)

Who is the Lord of risings and settings that Allah was swearing with?

3 Likes

Re: If There Is Only One God/lord Which Lord Did Allah Swear With by Arkmanbuddy(m): 8:23pm On Aug 12, 2021
Waiting for our Muslim scholars to jump in and answer the question. I bet this will end in insults on the guy for asking an innocent question.

1 Like

Re: If There Is Only One God/lord Which Lord Did Allah Swear With by advocatejare(m): 8:31pm On Aug 12, 2021
PENNYSWAP:
you are calling for BAN oga ....

If Allah is God, why will he swear with the lords name ??
Did you know that the words translated as risings and settlings are actually Easts and Wests respectively. Note the plurality, the authors of the Qur'an had thought that there are many Easts and Wests

2 Likes

Re: If There Is Only One God/lord Which Lord Did Allah Swear With by advocatejare(m): 8:35pm On Aug 12, 2021
Arkmanbuddy:
Waiting for our Muslim scholars to jump in and answer the question. I bet this will end in insults on the guy for asking an innocent question.
Let's call their leaders, Empiree, Lukgaf, Antichristian, Rash4ductluv, Thatfairguy1
Re: If There Is Only One God/lord Which Lord Did Allah Swear With by Lukgaf(m): 10:05pm On Aug 12, 2021
advocatejare:

Allah، the most powerful is swearing by His mighty.

[He is] Creator of the heavens and the earth. He has made for you from yourselves, mates, and among the cattle, mates; He multiplies you thereby. There is nothing like unto Him, and He is the Hearing, the Seeing.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If There Is Only One God/lord Which Lord Did Allah Swear With by ThatFairGuy1: 10:11pm On Aug 12, 2021
I don't want to answer you but I changed my mind. Meanwhile, after this explanation, I'LL NEVER ENGAGE YOU ON THE MATTER AGAIN INSHA'ALLAH.

Tafsir ibn kathir

فَلَ أُقْسِمُ بِرَبِّ الْمَشَارِقِ وَالْمَغَارِبِ

But no!

I swear by the Lord of the easts and the wests.

meaning, the One Who created the heavens and the earth and made the east and the west. He is the One Who subjected the stars causing them to appear in the eastern parts of the sky and vanish in the western parts of it.

The point of this statement is that the matter is not as the disbelievers claim:that there is no final return, no reckoning, no resurrection and no gathering. Rather all of this will occur and come to pass. There is no way of avoiding it. This is the reason that Allah has stated a negation at the beginning of this oath. This shows that He is swearing by a denial of their claim. This is a refutation of their false claim of rejecting the Day of Judgement. They already witnessed the greatness of Allah's power in what is more convincing than the Day of Judgement, that is the creation of the heavens and the earth, and the subjection of the creatures in them, the animals, the inanimate objects and the other types of creatures that exist.

This is why Allah says,

لَخَلْقُ السَّمَـوَتِ وَالاٌّرْضِ أَكْـبَرُ مِنْ خَلْقِ النَّاسِ وَلَـكِنَّ أَكْـثَرَ النَّاسِ لَا يَعْلَمُونَ

The creation of the heavens and the earth is indeed greater than the creation of mankind; yet, most of mankind know not. (40:57)

Allah also says,

أَوَلَمْ يَرَوْاْ أَنَّ اللَّهَ الَّذِى خَلَقَ السَّمَـوَتِ وَالاٌّرْضِ وَلَمْ يَعْىَ بِخَلْقِهِنَّ بِقَادِرٍ عَلَى أَن يُحْىِ الْمَوْتَى بَلَى إِنَّهُ عَلَى كُلِّ شَىْءٍ قَدِيرٌ

Do they not see that Allah, Who created the heavens and the earth, and was not wearied by their creation, is able to give life to the dead?

Yes, He surely is Able to do all things. (46:33)

Allah says in another Ayah,

أَوَلَـيْسَ الَذِى خَلَقَ السَّمَـوتِ وَالاٌّرْضَ بِقَـدِرٍ عَلَى أَن يَخْلُقَ مِثْلَهُم بَلَى وَهُوَ الْخَلَّـقُ الْعَلِيمُ

إِنَّمَأ أَمْرُهُ إِذَا أَرَادَ شَيْياً أَن يَقُولَ لَهُ كُن فَيَكُونُ

Is not He Who created the heavens and the earth, able to create the like of them?

Yes, indeed! He is the All-Knowing Supreme Creator.

Verily, His command, when He intends a thing, is only that He says to it, "Be!"-- and it is! (36:81,82)

advocatejare:

Let's call their leaders, Em.piree, Lu.kgaf, Antichr.istian, Rash4du.ctluv, Thatfair.guy1

Re: If There Is Only One God/lord Which Lord Did Allah Swear With by ANTIlSLAM(m): 11:35pm On Aug 12, 2021
Lukgaf:

[He is] Creator of the heavens and the earth. He has made for you from yourselves, mates, and among the cattle, mates; He multiplies you thereby. There is nothing like unto Him, and He is the Hearing, the Seeing.

Alfa Luku you fall my hand big time I swear, since allah is your Lord and god why is he still swearing with his mighty? The same allah and his angels prayed for Muhammad. Shey allah has another supreme and almighty that is mightiest than him?

1 Like

Re: If There Is Only One God/lord Which Lord Did Allah Swear With by AntiChristian: 5:29am On Aug 13, 2021
ANTIlSLAM:

Alfa Luku you fall my hand big time I swear, since allah is your Lord and god why is he still swearing with his mighty? The same allah and his angels prayed for Muhammad. Shey allah has another supreme and almighty that is mightiest than him?

He has answered the question and yet you said he fall your hand.

After the question is answered another diversion to another question. Will your questions ever end?

If Allah prays for Muhammad, didn't Jesus your god pray to Yahweh his Lord who is also himself?

Allah is able to do all things so He in His Majesty swears by His creations but Muslims swear by Allah's name only.

This is sensible.

Maybe there are somethings your God can't do. Can He swear at all? Mention where he did.

2 Likes

Re: If There Is Only One God/lord Which Lord Did Allah Swear With by ANTIlSLAM(m): 7:58am On Aug 13, 2021
AntiChristian:

He has answered the question and yet you said he fall your hand.

After the question is answered another diversion to another question. Will your questions ever end?

If Allah prays for Muhammad, didn't Jesus your god pray to Yahweh his Lord who is also himself?

Allah is able to do all things so He in His Majesty swears by His creations but Muslims swear by Allah's name only.

This is sensible.

Maybe there are somethings your God can't do. Can He swear at all? Mention where he did.

Good question, Jesus Christ prayed to Yahweh, Jehovah his father the Almighty. You will never see Yahweh, Jehovah swearing by his name talkless of praying in his name just because he is the supreme and Almighty.

Bros you can help Alfa Luku answer this question.

Who is the Lord of risings and settings that Allah was swearing with, who is Allah sending his praying request to lobatan

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If There Is Only One God/lord Which Lord Did Allah Swear With by AntiChristian: 9:10am On Aug 13, 2021
ANTIlSLAM:

Good question, Jesus Christ prayed to Yahweh, Jehovah his father the Almighty. You will never see Yahweh, Jehovah swearing by his name talkless of praying in his name just because he is the supreme and Almighty.
Jesus is God. A God praying to another God? And you'll claim you are worshiping one God?

He has answered. But it won't suffice you.

Who is the Lord of risings and settings that Allah was swearing with, who is Allah sending his praying request to lobatan

Allah can do all things and this includes swearing by anything He wishes to swear by!

Can your God do all things? is there an exception to what He can do?
Re: If There Is Only One God/lord Which Lord Did Allah Swear With by advocatejare(m): 9:18am On Aug 13, 2021
ThatFairGuy1:
I don't want to answer you but I changed my mind. Meanwhile, after this explanation, I'LL NEVER ENGAGE YOU ON THE MATTER AGAIN INSHA'ALLAH.

Tafsir ibn kathir

But no!

meaning, the One Who created the heavens and the earth and made the east and the west. He is the One Who subjected the stars causing them to appear in the eastern parts of the sky and vanish in the western parts of it.

The point of this statement is that the matter is not as the disbelievers claim:that there is no final return, no reckoning, no resurrection and no gathering. Rather all of this will occur and come to pass. There is no way of avoiding it. This is the reason that Allah has stated a negation at the beginning of this oath. This shows that He is swearing by a denial of their claim. This is a refutation of their false claim of rejecting the Day of Judgement. They already witnessed the greatness of Allah's power in what is more convincing than the Day of Judgement, that is the creation of the heavens and the earth, and the subjection of the creatures in them, the animals, the inanimate objects and the other types of creatures that exist.

This is why Allah says,

لَخَلْقُ السَّمَـوَتِ وَالاٌّرْضِ أَكْـبَرُ مِنْ خَلْقِ النَّاسِ وَلَـكِنَّ أَكْـثَرَ النَّاسِ لَا يَعْلَمُونَ

The creation of the heavens and the earth is indeed greater than the creation of mankind; yet, most of mankind know not. (40:57)

Allah also says,

أَوَلَمْ يَرَوْاْ أَنَّ اللَّهَ الَّذِى خَلَقَ السَّمَـوَتِ وَالاٌّرْضِ وَلَمْ يَعْىَ بِخَلْقِهِنَّ بِقَادِرٍ عَلَى أَن يُحْىِ الْمَوْتَى بَلَى إِنَّهُ عَلَى كُلِّ شَىْءٍ قَدِيرٌ

Do they not see that Allah, Who created the heavens and the earth, and was not wearied by their creation, is able to give life to the dead?

أَوَلَـيْسَ الَذِى خَلَقَ السَّمَـوتِ وَالاٌّرْضَ بِقَـدِرٍ عَلَى أَن يَخْلُقَ مِثْلَهُم بَلَى وَهُوَ الْخَلَّـقُ الْعَلِيمُ

Is not He Who created the heavens and the earth, able to create the like of them?

Verily, His command, when He intends a thing, is only that He says to it, "Be!"-- and it is! (36:81,82)

As expected, it's copy and paste with no meanings.

Your explanation doesn’t make sense. Allah cannot be the one swearing using I, We, The Lord of Easts and Wests in the same sentence.

It’s not everyone that reads that doesn’t apply sense. How can anyone say that those 3 refer to only one person?

So I (who is this?)
swear
by the Lord (who is this?)
of risings and settings that indeed

We (who are these)are able"

The “I” was Muhammad talking because he was the mouthpiece of whoever was inspiring the Quran to him

“The Lord of the Easts and Wests” is his tribal god

And the “We” is Muhammad, Ali and their other contemporary
Re: If There Is Only One God/lord Which Lord Did Allah Swear With by AntiChristian: 9:19am On Aug 13, 2021
advocatejare:

The Lord of the risings and settings is Allah Himself. So He swears by Himself or anything He wishes to swear by of His creations!
ThatFairGuy1:

Tafsir ibn kathir

But no!

This is why Allah says,

Allah also says,

This is a great response! But it won't suffice for them. They will keep deflecting and diverting from one topic to another!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: If There Is Only One God/lord Which Lord Did Allah Swear With by advocatejare(m): 9:37am On Aug 13, 2021
AntiChristian:

The Lord of the risings and settings is Allah Himself. So He swears by Himself or anything He wishes to swear by of His creations!

This is a great response! But it won't suffice for them. They will keep deflecting and diverting from one topic to another!
How can it suffice for us when it doesn't make sense. We are people who use our brains and question things we are told not crammers that accept everything we are told like zombies

Your explanation doesn’t make sense. Allah cannot be the one swearing using I, We, The Lord of Easts and Wests in the same sentence.

It’s not everyone that reads that doesn’t apply sense. How can anyone say that those 3 refer to only one person?

So I (who is this?)
swear

The “I” was Muhammad talking because he was the mouthpiece of whoever was inspiring the Quran to him

And the “We” is Muhammad, Ali and their other contemporaries
Re: If There Is Only One God/lord Which Lord Did Allah Swear With by advocatejare(m): 9:38am On Aug 13, 2021
Lukgaf:

So I (who is this?)
swear

And the “We” is Muhammad, Ali and their other contemporary
Re: If There Is Only One God/lord Which Lord Did Allah Swear With by AntiChristian: 10:05am On Aug 13, 2021
advocatejare:

How can it suffice for us when it doesn't make sense. We are people who use our brains and question things we are told not crammers that accept everything we are told like zombies

So I (who is this?)
swear

And the “We” is Muhammad, Ali and their other contemporaries
grin

Since you have your preconceived answer why ask us then?

And why can't your Lord swear. That's the only thing He can't do right?
Really this thread is senseless and as I said no answer will ever suffice you guys!

That's the way your holy spirit pushes you.
Re: If There Is Only One God/lord Which Lord Did Allah Swear With by advocatejare(m): 10:11am On Aug 13, 2021
AntiChristian:
grin

Since you have your preconceived answer why ask us then?
I had thought that you guys would be different this time, but it's the same copy and paste of tafsir that u have not taken time to understand yourself.
Re: If There Is Only One God/lord Which Lord Did Allah Swear With by AntiChristian: 10:16am On Aug 13, 2021
advocatejare:

I had thought that you guys would be different this time, but it's the same copy and paste of tafsir that u have not taken time to understand yourself.

Delete what you can't defend. And promote what you can.

Your God that can send His son to be murdered but can't swear!
Re: If There Is Only One God/lord Which Lord Did Allah Swear With by malcom1X: 10:46am On Aug 13, 2021
ANTIlSLAM:

Who is the Lord of risings and settings that Allah was swearing with, Who is Allah sending his praying request to lobatan

grin grin grin

Allah sending prayers requests.
Re: If There Is Only One God/lord Which Lord Did Allah Swear With by advocatejare(m): 10:51am On Aug 13, 2021
AntiChristian:

Delete what you can't defend. And promote what you can.
That is your job, read before you copy and paste so that u can post relevant things

I won't fall for your diversion tactics. Like you used to say, if you want us to talk about that, create the topic and mention me and I'll teach you as usual. Omo mi loje

Your God that can send His son to be murdered but can't swear!
I'm happy that you have agreed that your Qur'an lied that Jesus is not the Son of God and that He didn't die. Now u believe that he's the Son of God and that He died for humanity. You're getting there gradually

1 Like

Re: If There Is Only One God/lord Which Lord Did Allah Swear With by AntiChristian: 11:03am On Aug 13, 2021
advocatejare:

That is your job, read before you copy and paste so that u can post relevant things

How senile can you be? You are the one cutting off what you can't answer and promoting what you can.

I won't fall for your diversion tactics. Like you used to say, if you want us to talk about that, create the topic and mention me and I'll teach you as usual. Omo mi loje
This is not a diversion! Our Allah can do all things! Can yours swear? And I know my dad! You are just a liar!

I'm happy that you have agreed that your Qur'an lied that Jesus is not the Son of God and that He didn't die. Now u believe that he's the Son of God and that He died for humanity. You're getting there gradually

Only the dumbest people believe a God send His son to be murdered...What does your God need son/partner for sef?
Re: If There Is Only One God/lord Which Lord Did Allah Swear With by advocatejare(m): 11:08am On Aug 13, 2021
AntiChristian:

Only the dumbest people believe a God send His son to be murdered...What does your God need son/partner for sef?
God's Son is His Word, He created everything with this Word. Even your Qur'an attests to this that Jesus is the Word and Spirit(Ruh) of your god

"... The Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, was but a messenger of Allah and His word which He directed to Mary and a spirit from Him.
(QS. An-Nisaa 4: Verse 171)

2 Likes

Re: If There Is Only One God/lord Which Lord Did Allah Swear With by ANTIlSLAM(m): 11:17am On Aug 15, 2021
AntiChristian:

Jesus is God. A God praying to another God? And you'll claim you are worshiping one God?

Oh so you have accepted Jesus as God, good of you.

Are you not reading my texts, how many times am I gonna explain myself?

Jesus Christ prayed to Jehovah, Yahweh his Father, the Almighty.. You will never see Yahweh, Jehovah praying to another Almighty or swearing by the Lord of risings and settings as seen in allah that swear and prayed for muhammad

AntiChristian:

He has answered. But it won't suffice you.

Must you always lie, you embrace taqqiya more than the custodian of it

AntiChristian:

Allah can do all things and this includes swearing by anything He wishes to swear by!

Can your God do all things? is there an exception to what He can do?

Allah can swear by another Lord and God and the same allah is your Lord and head abi? Continue sogbo

Jehovah can't lie.
Re: If There Is Only One God/lord Which Lord Did Allah Swear With by RightChannel: 6:35am On Aug 17, 2021
malcom1X:

grin grin grin

Allah sending prayers requests.

When I read that verse of the Quran I was just laughing. Allah and his Angels praying for Muhammad and those Muslims we come here telling us Allah is God that has no superior
Re: If There Is Only One God/lord Which Lord Did Allah Swear With by AntiChristian: 8:09am On Aug 17, 2021
ANTIlSLAM:

Oh so you have accepted Jesus as God, good of you.

Are you not reading my texts, how many times am I gonna explain myself?

Jesus Christ prayed to Jehovah, Yahweh his Father, the Almighty.. You will never see Yahweh, Jehovah praying to another Almighty or swearing by the Lord of risings and settings as seen in allah that swear and prayed for muhammad

Must you always lie, you embrace taqqiya more than the custodian of it

Allah can swear by another Lord and God and the same allah is your Lord and head abi? Continue sogbo

Jehovah can't lie.

Can your God do all things? is there an exception to what He can do? Why can't he swear?
Re: If There Is Only One God/lord Which Lord Did Allah Swear With by AntiChristian: 8:11am On Aug 17, 2021
RightChannel:

When I read that verse of the Quran I was just laughing. Allah and his Angels praying for Muhammad and those Muslims we come here telling us Allah is God that has no superior

But you won't laugh when Jesus who is "one with God" was praying to himself or accusing himself for forsaking himself?

How is hypocrisy defined?
Re: If There Is Only One God/lord Which Lord Did Allah Swear With by RightChannel: 6:54pm On Aug 17, 2021
AntiChristian:

But you won't laugh when Jesus who is "one with God" was praying to himself or accusing himself for forsaking himself?

How is hypocrisy defined?

Can you pls qoute from the Bible where Jesus Christ prays to himself
Re: If There Is Only One God/lord Which Lord Did Allah Swear With by ANTIlSLAM(m): 7:59pm On Aug 17, 2021
AntiChristian:

Can your God do all things? is there an exception to what He can do? Why can't he swear?

My God is not an author of confusion like allah that prayed for muhammad with his angels and even swearing with his name
Re: If There Is Only One God/lord Which Lord Did Allah Swear With by AntiChristian: 6:22am On Aug 18, 2021
ANTIlSLAM:

My God is not an author of confusion like allah that prayed for muhammad with his angels and even swearing with his name

"My people perish cause they lack knowledge"

Yahweh can't swear! Allah can do all things!

Just say it.
Re: If There Is Only One God/lord Which Lord Did Allah Swear With by AntiChristian: 6:25am On Aug 18, 2021
RightChannel:

Can you pls qoute from the Bible where Jesus Christ prays to himself

You know the Bible verse in Matthew na!
Consult the holy spirit.
Re: If There Is Only One God/lord Which Lord Did Allah Swear With by ANTIlSLAM(m): 7:37am On Aug 18, 2021
AntiChristian:

"My people perish cause they lack knowledge"

Yahweh can't swear! Allah can do all things!

Just say it.

Who is the Lord of risings and settings that Allah was swearing with and qoute where Yahweh is swearing in his own name lobatan..

Sebi you no lack knowledge oya answer this question

(1) (2) (Reply)

Blues / Islamic View On Abduction / Muhammad Was The Greatest Prophet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.