Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,021 members, 7,835,458 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:26 AM

Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M (52066 Views)

Can You Go Back To JSS1 For 300million naira? / JSS1 Student Caught While Trying To Use 'Juju' On A Female Student In Lagos / Lagos Pegs Entry Age Into JSS1 At 12 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by Philip5270: 7:19pm On Aug 13, 2021
For your Alluminium services I will be always ready

Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by surckerg(m): 7:33pm On Aug 13, 2021
blessedemeritus:
Hello Nairalanders,
Having read many comments, and response to persons who share their story here on Nairaland and received several advice and positive opinions, I now have the courage and confidence to divulge on you for your guidance and recommendations.

Am a Law student in one of the state University, currently in my sophomore year, I'm in state dilemma as to what step to take next in life, because of my present situation in life, I'm the first child in the family of 4 and taking responsibility of my younger ones'. Because of the burden and responsibilities on me, my school fees, my needs and that of my kid ones' considering how things are tough for me, i think it will be difficult for me to continue my studies at this time.
I'm considering dropping out of school to huzzle or learn handwork to meet my kid ones' need and make life easy for us, because things are really difficult for us now. But will appreciate your candid advice on what to do, drop out to learn handwork? Which handwork will you suggest for me?
YOUR OPINIONS,
ADVISE,
RECOMMENDATION
SUGGESTIONS, will be appreciated.
NO INSULT PLEASE.

Current CGPA 4.70

Brother man, please do anything in your capacity just to finish up with school. Hand work too is not as rosy as you think. Afterall na something you go dey chop and hold body too as you dey work, coupled with some toxic oga.
And when you eventually finish learning the hand work, won't you still look for job?

Most of the guys in my area learn handwork, but how many of them be millionaire. You can even stay at home for more than a month with no single job to do or capital to start up.

I Struggled through school too, as the first child of the family, and I am not even working with the certificate yet. But I am happy I finished. The self fulfilment that comes from it can't be compared to any.

You can defer for a year to go and work for a while or learn a useful handwork if you feel you can't continue like this. But don't quit

5 Likes

Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by LordJoffrey(m): 7:38pm On Aug 13, 2021
This is so stupid. When you enter into a contract with a party, it simply means you have accepted their offer without any modification. Now, the girl and the school are in a contract and they both have their considerations. Where the school provides education and guidance as its consideration, the girl provides conformity with the school's rules as her consideration.

If one of the rules of the school is now that no indecent haircut is allowed (where they've stated expressly what indecent in the context means), then it is the girl that has breached the contract and at such, the school can sue the girl for breach of contract but that's where morality and equity come in as it would be considered bad or inappropriate for the school to sue a child.

2 Likes

Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by fortune1894(m): 7:48pm On Aug 13, 2021
Authority1o1:
Okay...

The girl in question is rather unwise to take such a case to court.

Sueing for suspension is dumb. The suspension was clearly incurred by her appearance in the school environment which the school's attorney-at-law wouldn't take much pain in tagging a moral threat and ethically unacceptable.

Caning—which the school can deny it ever happened—hasn't even become outlawed in Nigeria, which makes her a appear like a desperado who wants to put a round peg in a square hole.
it's not the girl sueing, the father is the mastermind
Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by Ernerstdavid55(m): 8:10pm On Aug 13, 2021
Wat a joke grin
Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by abbeyty90: 8:11pm On Aug 13, 2021
phineas:
She has every right to sue them,we will not progress as a nation of we don't challenge these kinds of wrong appropriately to prevent them from happening again

The narcissists that were the teachers abuses their powers,why came a child 20 times for her hairstyle? Btw what's wrong with that hairstyle set,it's quite nice,but then it's ekiti

Sue them under child abuse laws,open a go fund me page for the girl and let Nigerians get her a better school

Ekiti people we see you,backward set of aggressive people nonsense

So it is only Ekiti schools that teachers beat their students?If you have any beef with ekiti just voice it out instead of using this case to spit out rubbish

4 Likes

Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by Nobody: 8:49pm On Aug 13, 2021
Authority1o1:
Okay...

Sueing for suspension is dumb. The suspension was clearly incurred by her appearance in the school environment which the school's attorney-at-law wouldn't take much pain in tagging a moral threat and ethically unacceptable.

Caning—which the school can deny it ever happened—hasn't even become outlawed in Nigeria, which makes her a appear like a desperado who wants to put a round peg in a square hole.
No be una the shout RULE OF LAW
Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by Charmingrascal(m): 9:38pm On Aug 13, 2021
Ekwensu don romance mammy water grin
Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by Lamasta(m): 10:30pm On Aug 13, 2021
The child is lucky that its not hisbah that cut the hair grin

1 Like

Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by ObongIdeas: 11:40pm On Aug 13, 2021
Right way to go......sue them so others can know we have laws........

1 Like

Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by Sixsigmahub: 5:32am On Aug 14, 2021
So her father beat up the teachers? W for Woaw!
Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by blingxx(m): 6:09am On Aug 14, 2021
RZArecta:
Many parents keep overindulging their children till they become spoilt brats.

Spoit !..your comment is the reason why the govt will never take little things seriously this is 2021 not 1993 .. Nigerians are really not ready for change

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by Nobody: 6:14am On Aug 14, 2021
phineas:
She has every right to sue them,we will not progress as a nation of we don't challenge these kinds of wrong appropriately to prevent them from happening again

The narcissists that were the teachers abuses their powers,why came a child 20 times for her hairstyle? Btw what's wrong with that hairstyle set,it's quite nice,but then it's ekiti

Sue them under child abuse laws,open a go fund me page for the girl and let Nigerians get her a better school

Those condemning the girl and her father don't understand certain things

Nobody has the right to beat anyone like that just because of the hairstyle

Some are talking about rules.
What sort of meaningless rules justify stuff like that??

Nonsense!!!

9 Likes

Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by Nobody: 6:19am On Aug 14, 2021
blingxx:

Spoit !..your comment is the reason why the govt will never take little things seriously this is 2021 not 1993 .. Nigerians are really not ready for change

Later, the teachers might complain of the government's oppression towards the governed

Why are they not showing something different to the students?

Well, I am not saying they shouldn't complain about the government

They should be ready for something similar or greater from the students in response to their own oppressive ways
Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by phenzeek: 6:54am On Aug 14, 2021
So the teachers mean to say the parent didn't see the hair cut b4 she left home? It's more of a case of beating a kid for not paying school fee, isn't that the parent's to do.
If the hair cut is perceived improper, simply send the child back home and invite his/her parent or guidance.
Build your case and you can win this. But I already know they will settle out of court thou.

6 Likes

Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by Waakanda: 7:01am On Aug 14, 2021
smiley
Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by ThatFairGuy1: 7:12am On Aug 14, 2021
No wander you became a nuisance and ethnic jingoist here on NL. Militant
TarOrfeeek:

I am going to sue Olobopkiri Comprehensive Highschool, Opobo for N100,000,000.

grin

They switched my destiny with farm labour in our JSS 3.

Look at me, I'm not settled in life.
Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by RevolverOcelot(m): 7:17am On Aug 14, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

grin

You should sue yourself cheesy

Prolificgiant:
The girl should go and continue with her olosho business now if she isn't ready to take to correction

She is in Jss1 fr crying out loud shocked

The hairdo is very okay. She is within her right to sue. The father tho can also be sued for brutality.

2 Likes

Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by Rickmann: 7:33am On Aug 14, 2021
ERockson:
Stupid father

Why say so?
A father trying to protect his daughter?
What would you do , if she were ur daughter?
Besides , 20 lashes to a kid for just a hair cut? To what end pls? You wan kill am? No body dey flog pikin for school again o. When things go out of hand, you invite the parents that's why we have the PTA. I will understand better when you have a child of ur own.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by Rickmann: 7:37am On Aug 14, 2021
phineas:

I stand with you.

1 Like

Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by SporaD8: 8:34am On Aug 14, 2021
Authority1o1:
Okay...

From precedence She has a case!
This is why I kept advising against Muslim students dragging govt to court over hijab.
If it is about Moral, she has no case(her appearance is against the school dress code) but if it is about violation of right - just like the hijab, She has a right to dress the way that agree with her style. She will win!

1 Like

Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by SporaD8: 8:40am On Aug 14, 2021
aribisala0:
But it is Okay to sue for not being allowed to wear hijab?
Caning was "INLAWED" when exactly?
Good bless you!
With that hijab right of a thing, it will soon get to a stage where public schools will have to ditch school uniform and let everyone dress the way they like.

1 Like

Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by tishbite41(m): 9:01am On Aug 14, 2021
Wahala wear bone straight
Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by Foreigna2: 9:02am On Aug 14, 2021
The idiot even brought in Policemen to beat up teachers. This is what happens when you fail to punish bad behaviour. By now, the guy should have been ddismissd from the Police and facing charges of attempted murder.
The State Government should influence the father's posting to either Zamfara or Borno let Gumi's boys teach him painful lessons. Foolish recruit.

1 Like

Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by bkool7(m): 9:02am On Aug 14, 2021
Lawyers!

Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by Blackdisciple(m): 9:02am On Aug 14, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

grin

Lolz 100m....

Me na 1bn
Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by asema646(m): 9:03am On Aug 14, 2021
I heard about it, that the father brought his colleagues to beat the teachers and principal up.
Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by bukatyne(f): 9:03am On Aug 14, 2021
Depressed101:
Ohhhh. What a time to be alive... So wowww

As innnnnnn............

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Teacher Flogs Student, 12 Strokes, For Not Completing Her Homework (Photos) / 10 Best Performing States & Regions In WAEC 2021 / Answering Any 7 Of These Means Your IQ Is Really High.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.