Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,267 members, 7,836,209 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:14 PM

Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M (52076 Views)

Can You Go Back To JSS1 For 300million naira? / JSS1 Student Caught While Trying To Use 'Juju' On A Female Student In Lagos / Lagos Pegs Entry Age Into JSS1 At 12 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by lomprico(m): 9:48am On Aug 14, 2021
Authority1o1:
Okay...

The girl in question is rather unwise to take such a case to court.

Sueing for suspension is dumb. The suspension was clearly incurred by her appearance in the school environment which the school's attorney-at-law wouldn't take much pain in tagging a moral threat and ethically unacceptable.

Caning—which the school can deny it ever happened—hasn't even become outlawed in Nigeria, which makes her a appear like a desperado who wants to put a round peg in a square hole.

She has the right to sue and mind u d case is a winnable one BUT her Dads reaction have scuttled any chance of her winning. The case will be thrown out.
Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by Gunayo(m): 9:49am On Aug 14, 2021
SILVERLINES:
Me sef gonna sue my secondary School mathematics teacher
That big belly man maltreated me so much then in his class cos I wasn't good in mathematics.
The mathematics teachers need to sue you as well for stressing him despite his numerous efforts to see that you understand the subject. Who knows maybe when you were in class, you disturbed alot and go after girls instead of concentrating on your studies. Lets learn to appreciate our teachers. Its not easy to teach Ooooh.
Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by Barrywilly(m): 9:50am On Aug 14, 2021
All of you commenting on what you don't know, did you bother to find out the whole story or you just jumped to conclusions? Do you know the parents mobilized 4 policemen to the school to beat the teacher to coma? Do you know that the NUT would have gone on strike until she was suspended even though dismissal should have been the case. Instead of apologizing and seek for her reinstatement, they added salt to injuries by going to court. Who hasn't been caned in school before for one reason or another? Haven't you been caned for noise making or coming late before? Let watch our utterances pls
Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by lilachiever(m): 9:51am On Aug 14, 2021
blessedemeritus:
Hello Nairalanders,
Having read many comments, and response to persons who share their story here on Nairaland and received several advice and positive opinions, I now have the courage and confidence to divulge on you for your guidance and recommendations.

Am a Law student in one of the state University, currently in my sophomore year, I'm in state dilemma as to what step to take next in life, because of my present situation in life, I'm the first child in the family of 4 and taking responsibility of my younger ones'. Because of the burden and responsibilities on me, my school fees, my needs and that of my kid ones' considering how things are tough for me, i think it will be difficult for me to continue my studies at this time.
I'm considering dropping out of school to huzzle or learn handwork to meet my kid ones' need and make life easy for us, because things are really difficult for us now. But will appreciate your candid advice on what to do, drop out to learn handwork? Which handwork will you suggest for me?
YOUR OPINIONS,
ADVISE,
RECOMMENDATION
SUGGESTIONS, will be appreciated.
NO INSULT PLEASE.

Current CGPA 4.70

ONLY DROPOUT IF YOU CAN GET A STEADY SOURCE OF INCOME THAT'LL ALLOW YOU SAVE AND GO BACK TO SCHOOL IN 2 YEARS.

BETTER STILL, DEFER A SESSION SO YOU CAN HUSTLE.
Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by iyimide(m): 10:00am On Aug 14, 2021
IVORY2009:

She is not wise, am telling you, first the school has rules and regulations regarding dress code, code of conduct, how her hair should look, perhaps low cut, but I guess she did otherwise, and she must have been told from day one of her admission into the secondary school, which she accepted, in other words, she has no case.
Let me tell u, im super sure that school has no dress code documented. I can again tell u that students of that school got no handbook or book of rules.. like we didnt all go to public schools.. if it is a government school, i put it to you that she will defeat them roundly.. and besides is it only me that is seeing that it is actually a case of assault due to racial discrimination?? Im Yoruba, but i think that is the case here.. that hairstyle you call indecent is not and can never be classified as indecent in my childs school.. in that same Nigeria.. we have to be clear about things.. queries and apologies are ok for assault against the teachers.. but then.. that childs right abuse can never be under looked at..
Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by Aydlecturer: 10:00am On Aug 14, 2021
Who is that useless lawyer that is standing for the girl and her parents in question for such meaningless case.
Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by Pymetrics: 10:02am On Aug 14, 2021
blessedemeritus:
Hello Nairalanders,
Having read many comments, and response to persons who share their story here on Nairaland and received several advice and positive opinions, I now have the courage and confidence to divulge on you for your guidance and recommendations.

Am a Law student in one of the state University, currently in my sophomore year, I'm in state dilemma as to what step to take next in life, because of my present situation in life, I'm the first child in the family of 4 and taking responsibility of my younger ones'. Because of the burden and responsibilities on me, my school fees, my needs and that of my kid ones' considering how things are tough for me, i think it will be difficult for me to continue my studies at this time.
I'm considering dropping out of school to huzzle or learn handwork to meet my kid ones' need and make life easy for us, because things are really difficult for us now. But will appreciate your candid advice on what to do, drop out to learn handwork? Which handwork will you suggest for me?
YOUR OPINIONS,
ADVISE,
RECOMMENDATION
NO INSULT PLEASE.

Current CGPA 4.70
Though your journey at the university still far but do not quit. If you are still able to pay your school fees and other logistics, please continue. Just use your holiday period to learn simple and marketable IT skills like UI/UX. With your determination you will sail through the course and your school program. While learning UI UX online, ensure you registered in online communities where you would get mentors and job postings that you can be managing on.
As for your siblings, your parents should endure on how to take care of them till you're done schooling where you will be able to take over. You too, don't over spend and don't copy people that spend recklessly. The weight of your siblings responsibilities would definitely affect you either in school or out of school. Just endure.
Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by samonak(m): 10:05am On Aug 14, 2021
grin grin
TarOrfeeek:

I am going to sue Olobopkiri Comprehensive Highschool, Opobo for N100,000,000.

They switched my destiny with farm labour in our JSS 3.

Look at me, I'm not settled in life.

grin grin grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by Nobody: 10:05am On Aug 14, 2021
Those policeman that went to the school and beat principal and teacher need to be arrested and went through ordeal room
Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by iyimide(m): 10:06am On Aug 14, 2021
Barrywilly:
All of you commenting on what you don't know, did you bother to find out the whole story or you just jumped to conclusions? Do you know the parents mobilized 4 policemen to the school to beat the teacher to coma? Do you know that the NUT would have gone on strike until she was suspended even though dismissal should have been the case. Instead of apologizing and seek for her reinstatement, they added salt to injuries by going to court. Who hasn't been caned in school before for one reason or another? Haven't you been caned for noise making or coming late before? Let watch our utterances pls
Are u the principal? Lets hear a clearer story sir.
Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by DLSReigns: 10:08am On Aug 14, 2021
Interesting! Would love to hear what the judge has to say. Parenting in 2021 has gone haywire in many homes.
Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by IbileIfe: 10:09am On Aug 14, 2021
You beat my daughter at the assembly over a low cut hairstyle until she bled and fainted, I would have gone to the school and shoot the teacher who almost murdered my daughter.
I would have killed him without apologies and without regrets

With a good lawyer, the girl will win the case against brutality and attempted murder of a girl child.
The stigma of the public disgrace of being flogged 20 times in front of the students, teachers and others would have left her suffering pyschological trauma since then.
She was bleeding and the teacher continued until she fainted.
What if she had died?

Ordinary flogging me in primary school, my father went to my school to warn my class teacher NEVER EVER TO FLOG ME AGAIN!
My teacher did not even dare lay a finger on me again

1 Like

Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by sniperr007(m): 10:09am On Aug 14, 2021
Authority1o1:
Okay...

The girl in question is rather unwise to take such a case to court.

Sueing for suspension is dumb. The suspension was clearly incurred by her appearance in the school environment which the school's attorney-at-law wouldn't take much pain in tagging a moral threat and ethically unacceptable.

Caning—which the school can deny it ever happened—hasn't even become outlawed in Nigeria, which makes her a appear like a desperado who wants to put a round peg in a square hole.

With all due respect. You sad rubbish
Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by Jungleluv5: 10:10am On Aug 14, 2021
earthsync:

Because of indecent hair do they should kill someone's child? Didn't you read the part that she was rushed to a clinic because of the kind of beating they gave her?
Even if the school denies this I'm sure there are witnesses who could testify against it
let her prove it. That is why some schools does not allow any hairstyle in their school.
Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by Fiscus105(m): 10:10am On Aug 14, 2021
xperiencelove:
I am yet to see what is wrong in the hair style. I still don't know when Nigerians will really understand that hairstyle doesn't define human being.
We love to pretend in this part of the world yet this country is a crime scene.

Wen are you going to start imbibing the culture of accepting and follow codes and ethics guilding organization?

I want you to give me definite answer, today, next week, ten years to come.

Nigerians were disqualified this year Olympic just because they don't follow rules and codes set out by organising commit.

Naomi was not participating in tennis even just because she refused to talk to media before the game.... major rules that must obey by participants.

Wen you as a human being and not goat, you will start obeying simplest of instructions
Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by Wordoftruth: 10:12am On Aug 14, 2021
What a useless parents. If I am the judge I will lock the 3 of them{the parents and their untrained child} up for 4months with hard labour. Foolish parents.
Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by jomarick(m): 10:15am On Aug 14, 2021
I have read so many comments and it is clear that those justifying the punishment on her lacks the sense of judgement or they simply lack IQ. The wise thing to have done is to send the kid back home, what does a 10year old know? Isn't the parents responsible for her hair style? In this part of the world when a child owes school fees the school punishes them, is it that child that's supposed to pay or the parents?
Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by ransomed: 10:15am On Aug 14, 2021
If this happens in old Ondo state, she would be expelled,not to attend any government school. If she goes to private school,she will not be allowed to register WAEC exams. Waffi guys adjusted sharp sharp to avoid suspension not to talk of expulsion.
The most foolish father just ended his daughter's chances of schooling in Ekiti state.
Those Omoluabis are so morally stubborn and will never take any act of indiscipline with levity .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by Wordoftruth: 10:17am On Aug 14, 2021
SILVERLINES:
Me sef gonna sue my secondary School mathematics teacher
That big belly man maltreated me so much then in his class cos I wasn't good in mathematics.
but now u don good abi!
Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by Nobody: 10:18am On Aug 14, 2021
When you are actively inheriting stupidity from your parents
Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by gazza07(m): 10:18am On Aug 14, 2021
I'm gonna sue labour prefect and principal of Agusta high school Ekwulobia for hard labours under hot sun for no offense in particular
Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by macof(m): 10:19am On Aug 14, 2021
Moferere:
Orisirisi

You carry indecent hairstyle go school and you still get mind to sue
Nairaland is where you find the most ridiculous Nigerian minds

So many comments like this here unlike on all other platforms carrying the same story

1 Like

Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by Wordoftruth: 10:20am On Aug 14, 2021
blessedemeritus:
Hello Nairalanders,

YOUR OPINIONS,
ADVISE,
RECOMMENDATION
NO INSULT PLEASE.

Current CGPA 4.70
what level? Let's start there
Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by Timieric: 10:21am On Aug 14, 2021
My name is Timmy omotoso esq.and a nairalander.its funny when I read the story here.i am human right activist and with what have seen uploaded here, I can boldly say that the peddler of this story didn't get it right..I instituted that action not because of the hair style but based on how a life time injuries were inflicted on that 8yrs old girl.she was flogged all over her body and fainted in the process.she was rushed to police clinic by the school until she was resuscitated...her school uniform had her school uniform stained with blood...the pictures and the injuries she sustained were attached to the court process.
Why has the originator of this story not attached the pictures of how the minor was battered? What happened to the medical certificate issued by the CMD? Haven't they approached my law office for settlement outta court??
Well, we leave the rest to the court to decide...but what I want the general public to understand is that no man who has conformed to the standard of a reasonable being would see her daughter maltreated by that school principal the way the minore was maltreated with life threatening injuries and fold her hands
I have received various threatening messages from some people in respect of this suit but we will not be detarred.
What all you readers are reading here goes beyond reasons why we filed an action against the school management especially the school principal.
Wouldn't you be surprised that we have two other parents who are willing and ready to sue her for what she did to their wards while she was the principal of olaoluwa school, ilawe road in ado EKiti??
I advise you all not to pass judgement on that minor but make your findings and u would realise it goes beyond what you have read on here.
I thank you all.
T.E Omotoso Esq
Suite 7,Aare AFE babalola bar centre,
FAjuyi, Ado EKiti.
Ekiti state.
Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by Gbeng30(m): 10:22am On Aug 14, 2021
Both party are at fault, both the child parent and the school authority got it wrong, I believe if those school teachers hasn't over do it, her parent will not have responded otherwise.
So it's obvious both party has abuse their power and position respectively.
Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by Gbeng30(m): 10:22am On Aug 14, 2021
Gbeng30:
Both party are at fault, both the child parent and the school authority got it wrong, I believe if those school teachers hasn't over do it, her parent will not have responded otherwise.
So it's obvious both party has abuse their power and position respectively.
Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by Donedeal1(m): 10:32am On Aug 14, 2021
Ekiti State,do you think all children just suddenly became irresponsible?. Behind every irresponsible there is an irresponsibly,so just allow the parents teacher there daughter as they want in there house.The reason I like the indigene criteria in some states.
Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by sevenhundred(m): 10:38am On Aug 14, 2021
IVORY2009:

She is not wise, am telling you, first the school has rules and regulations regarding dress code, code of conduct, how her hair should look, perhaps low cut, but I guess she did otherwise, and she must have been told from day one of her admission into the secondary school, which she accepted, in other words, she has no case.
did they told her the consequences, if she violates the law? The case is about her fundamental human rights.
Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by writeprof(m): 10:38am On Aug 14, 2021
blessedemeritus:
Hello Nairalanders,

YOUR OPINIONS,
ADVISE,
RECOMMENDATION
NO INSULT PLEASE.

Current CGPA 4.70

My candid advice: Don't drop out of school for any reason whatsoever, look for a source of income that would allow you continue your schooling such as security job, driving keke or okada, buying and selling etc. The younger ones you're worried about should get something doing also. IT IS VERY DANGEROUS AND RISKY TO PUT YOUR DESTINY ON THE LINE FOR ANYBODY. Let everyone go and hustle. Shalom
Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by Canvass: 10:38am On Aug 14, 2021
blessedemeritus:
Hello Nairalanders,

YOUR OPINIONS,
ADVISE,
RECOMMENDATION
NO INSULT PLEASE.

Current CGPA 4.70

If you must quit school for a while to sort yourself out financially, instead of dropping out school completely, why not meet with the authorities to negotiate the maximum leave of absence possible since your CPGA is very healthy. Quitting completely might be regrettable if your financial situation improve quicker than you envisage.
Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by freshboi88: 10:41am On Aug 14, 2021
IVORY2009:

You are a fool. Nah Jss1 girl dem flog 20 strokes of the cane. Is she d one that gave herself d hair cut.

Y not call the parents n tell dem that she will not be allowed to school with such hairdo rather than flog a Jss1 girl 20 strokes of the Cain till she fainted
Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by mfm04622: 10:42am On Aug 14, 2021
ivolt:
Can we see the "Indecent hairstyle" please?
They would likely lose this case as it would be hard to show why school admins
standard should not overrule personal lifestyle choice.

Personal lifestyle choice for a JSS 1 student?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Teacher Flogs Student, 12 Strokes, For Not Completing Her Homework (Photos) / 10 Best Performing States & Regions In WAEC 2021 / Answering Any 7 Of These Means Your IQ Is Really High.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.