Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,225 members, 7,836,085 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M (52071 Views)

Can You Go Back To JSS1 For 300million naira? / JSS1 Student Caught While Trying To Use 'Juju' On A Female Student In Lagos / Lagos Pegs Entry Age Into JSS1 At 12 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by tunnamaniah(m): 9:25am On Aug 14, 2021
The papa don do needful, no need for court case, you beat a young girl to coma coz of hairstyle. School wey dey suppose burn down. Our educators need psychological evaluation honestly. From the primary level to the tertiary level. A significant proportion have undiagnosed mental disorders
1shortblackboy:
20 strokes of the cane and suspensions is that not excessive for a hairstyle ? She no thief or kill person o
Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by Akanoaaa(m): 9:27am On Aug 14, 2021
earthsync:

Because of indecent hair do they should kill someone's child? Didn't you read the part that she was rushed to a clinic because of the kind of beating they gave her?
Even if the school denies this I'm sure there are witnesses who could testify against it

And you believe anything that comes from police family? Are you so dumb?
Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by xperiencelove(m): 9:28am On Aug 14, 2021
I am yet to see what is wrong in the hair style. I still don't know when Nigerians will really understand that hairstyle doesn't define human being.
We love to pretend in this part of the world yet this country is a crime scene.
Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by Plut01: 9:28am On Aug 14, 2021

Her parents sue.........

The sick hands of society adding more damages to the already damaged social Space. Nah their type they breed and house Armed Robbers and Terrorists. When they find themselves in troubles, they blame the Innocent devil.

Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by ppaze(m): 9:28am On Aug 14, 2021
phineas:
She has every right to sue them,we will not progress as a nation of we don't challenge these kinds of wrong appropriately to prevent them from happening again

The narcissists that were the teachers abuses their powers,why came a child 20 times for her hairstyle? Btw what's wrong with that hairstyle set,it's quite nice,but then it's ekiti

Sue them under child abuse laws,open a go fund me page for the girl and let Nigerians get her a better school

Ekiti people we see you,backward set of aggressive people nonsense

No mind dem. They should keep talking trash.
Child abuse, abuse of power, psychological trauma.
Would that principal cane their child who is 9 or 10, 20 strokes??

3 Likes

Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by Baselm: 9:29am On Aug 14, 2021
blessedemeritus:
Hello Nairalanders,
Having read many comments, and response to persons who share their story here on Nairaland and received several advice and positive opinions, I now have the courage and confidence to divulge on you for your guidance and recommendations.

Am a Law student in one of the state University, currently in my sophomore year, I'm in state dilemma as to what step to take next in life, because of my present situation in life, I'm the first child in the family of 4 and taking responsibility of my younger ones'. Because of the burden and responsibilities on me, my school fees, my needs and that of my kid ones' considering how things are tough for me, i think it will be difficult for me to continue my studies at this time.
I'm considering dropping out of school to huzzle or learn handwork to meet my kid ones' need and make life easy for us, because things are really difficult for us now. But will appreciate your candid advice on what to do, drop out to learn handwork? Which handwork will you suggest for me?
YOUR OPINIONS,
ADVISE,
RECOMMENDATION
SUGGESTIONS, will be appreciated.
NO INSULT PLEASE.

Current CGPA 4.70

Don't quit your school, the best you can do is get a side hustle to take your own burden off your family. As for your siblings, you didn't bring them to life, the parents and themselves are responsible for them, you can help if you have, but if you don't have, do not sacrifice your future for someone else's future. When they make it in life at your expense, they will also be first concerned about themselves before you, so be wise.

1 Like

Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by otabaotaba: 9:29am On Aug 14, 2021
The parents of the girl are fools, the lawyer that is helping them is an idiot as well, they are only helping to destroy the little girl's destiny
Believe me when the repercussions of what are doing now shows up, they will to blame the devil who doesn't even know how the case started
Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by Nobody: 9:31am On Aug 14, 2021
Authority1o1:
Okay...

The girl in question is rather unwise to take such a case to court.

Sueing for suspension is dumb. The suspension was clearly incurred by her appearance in the school environment which the school's attorney-at-law wouldn't take much pain in tagging a moral threat and ethically unacceptable.

Caning—which the school can deny it ever happened—hasn't even become outlawed in Nigeria, which makes her a appear like a desperado who wants to put a round peg in a square hole.

Your post is rather dumb sir. I won’t go into an argument with you

If this girl was white I’m sure the institution will permit her to do whatever she likes but when their own color does same na taboo. Oloriburuku school
Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by Victerica(m): 9:31am On Aug 14, 2021
blessedemeritus:
Hello Nairalanders,
Having read many comments, and response to persons who share their story here on Nairaland and received several advice and positive opinions, I now have the courage and confidence to divulge on you for your guidance and recommendations.

Am a Law student in one of the state University, currently in my sophomore year, I'm in state dilemma as to what step to take next in life, because of my present situation in life, I'm the first child in the family of 4 and taking responsibility of my younger ones'. Because of the burden and responsibilities on me, my school fees, my needs and that of my kid ones' considering how things are tough for me, i think it will be difficult for me to continue my studies at this time.
I'm considering dropping out of school to huzzle or learn handwork to meet my kid ones' need and make life easy for us, because things are really difficult for us now. But will appreciate your candid advice on what to do, drop out to learn handwork? Which handwork will you suggest for me?
YOUR OPINIONS,
ADVISE,
RECOMMENDATION
NO INSULT PLEASE.

Current CGPA 4.70

Bro, please do not drop out.

Quitters are losers.

Education is the key. It goes beyond Nigeria's economy.
Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by macjurek(m): 9:31am On Aug 14, 2021
What a shameful and Ignorant act from educated parents, the student in question should be shown mercy for this exposure to litigation against constituted authority of Ekiti State.

But the parents should be disgraced by making publication in National Newspaper for appeals to all parties sued to court.

The education sector should enact a law ,that allows such parents that come to the school premises or use their agents to fight and beat up teachers for any reasons, after proper rulings.

My take on this matter.
Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by Neddyogu(m): 9:32am On Aug 14, 2021
Court don suffer for naija. Police sgt wey im salary fit no reach 2m P.a dey sue for 15M after committing assault and battery. Odiegwu
Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by xpool(m): 9:32am On Aug 14, 2021
Authority1o1:
Okay...

Sueing for suspension is dumb. The suspension was clearly incurred by her appearance in the school environment which the school's attorney-at-law wouldn't take much pain in tagging a moral threat and ethically unacceptable.

Caning—which the school can deny it ever happened—hasn't even become outlawed in Nigeria, which makes her a appear like a desperado who wants to put a round peg in a square hole.

I hate when people criticize people for seeking legal action.
Going to court is the most civil fight anyone can opt for, or do prefer thuggery?

Do you know better than lawyers who represents them? It is always 50/50 chance no matter how "dumb" you think they are.

I am not taking sides because i was not there, but flogging a child is outlawed and outdated, beating up teachers by parents is abuse of powers and unlawful too.

1 Like

Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by matm: 9:33am On Aug 14, 2021
The girl is ruined for life.Thre school authority shld petition the IG of police for the sack of the senior police officer and his colleagues for illegal duty and should file counter suit against the man for,breach of public peace,disruption of school academic programmes thereby denying other numerous students their right t education for one day which is a gross child abuse as well as assault on teachers while on official duty and demand for 1million compensation on the head of each pupil and N50million for the assaulted to teachers.Other students shld be presented in the court as witnesses.
Where is davis mother and her suit today
Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by Masterkernel1: 9:33am On Aug 14, 2021
Authority1o1:
Okay...

Look at her age, she’s in JSS 1 it’s her Police Father that’s suing the school.
Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by iyimide(m): 9:33am On Aug 14, 2021
Lets be honest, that hairstyle is not indecent. The teachers were only hyper active. Besides, its a government school and looking at it all, she is not yoruba.. so stroking her twenty times making her have scars, and bleed till she went into hemorrhagic shock can not be overlooked.. there are educational laws on how such cases should be managed.. first, the parents should be invited before suspension.. did the school do that? Also, are there matriculation oaths in secondary school? Highest that can be is a document affirming good conduct..of which *good conduct* is a very ambiguous word.. the said girl was even on low cut..the Girl has a case honestly..
With Police clinic admission involved, that principal will be used as a collateral damage o.. because they didnt manage the case well at all.. because of ordinary parting.. u single a child out, which is discriminatory and gave a child less than 11 years 20 strokes of cane.. lets be honest, even us as Elders, how many of us can take 20 strokes of whips?

2 Likes

Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by Roysnickz: 9:34am On Aug 14, 2021
SporaD8:

From precedence She has a case!
This is why I kept advising against Muslim students dragging govt to court over hijab.
If it is about Moral, she has no case(her appearance is against the school dress code) but if it is about violation of right - just like the hijab, She has a right to dress the way that agree with her style. She will win!
Oga calm down. Have you been privileged to see the school dress code to know her hair cut is against same? What parameters to you used in judging the hair style that you arrive at it been indecent? What you should understand is that the word indecent is subjective. What you may consider indecent may be very decent for some one else. The decency of that hair style could be argued and very well too, in court. What makes it indecent? Is it not a normal low cut? Or, is it the line it has. Does their dress code indicates that there should be no hair cut with a line? A good lawyer will argue this in court and win. Myself will not allow this style of hair cut for my kid but the punishment was too much for a haircut. sending her away from school/inviting her parents for a discussion would have been better.

2 Likes

Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by Nobody: 9:35am On Aug 14, 2021
blessedemeritus:
Hello Nairalanders,

YOUR OPINIONS,
ADVISE,
RECOMMENDATION
NO INSULT PLEASE.

Current CGPA 4.70
You can do both. Just don't drop out. I worked while schooling. I achieved both.
Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by babtoundey(m): 9:36am On Aug 14, 2021
If it's true that the school lashed the girl 20 strokes on account of I decent hair style, the school is absolutely wrong. They should have sent her back to her parents and make them d the needful.

Then, the father of the child is not smart. In fact, he is dumb. What he was supposed to do first is what is he doing last. His retaliation by molesting the school teachers and principal will already messed him up.

Besides, what sensible parent give his or her ward such hairstyle?
Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by iyimide(m): 9:37am On Aug 14, 2021
matm:
The girl is ruined for life.Thre school authority shld petition the IG of police for the sack of the senior police officer and his colleagues for illegal duty and should file counter suit against the man for,breach of public peace,disruption of school academic programmes thereby denying other numerous students their right t education for one day which is a gross child abuse as well as assault on teachers while on official duty and demand for 1million compensation on the head of each pupil and N50million for the assaulted to teachers.Other students shld be presented in the court as witnesses.
Where is davis mother and her suit today
This is a beer parlor lawyer..
Presenting each student means that you will present each parent too.. because when its not a case of rape or assault, words of the underaged are not admissible evidence.. for the assaulted teachers, they have to identify the police officers involved.. e no concern this girl case... did you see anywhere where they said school activities were disrupted??
Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by ejimatic: 9:40am On Aug 14, 2021
Seeksnigeria:
JSS1 student suspended for alleged indiscipline sues Ekiti govt, seeks N15m damages

https://www.google.com/amp/s/dailypost.ng/2021/08/13/jss1-student-suspended-for-alleged-indiscipline-sues-ekiti-govt-seeks-n15m-damages/%3famp=1
. 1 The school has the right to enforce discipline in the premises and maintain a good standard of dressing and grooming for the students.However giving her 20 strokes of Cain is too much even if the child has been warned before.Discipline and offence must be comesurate to each other. The student should have been told not to come to school again until she is ready to confirm to school standards Discipline if not properly controlled can become child abuse. In a school in Nigeria a boy was beaten by a teacher and the child died two days later.The teacher was remanded for for weeks and accused of killing the boy . Schools should know how to deal with poorly trained children so that while solving one problem they will not create another.: 2 It is disturbing that the father of this child could bring police officers to school and start beating teachers. The man is bringing curses on the head of his daughter. This is an indication of the rot in our society. The man should have dealt with his daughter even in school With his action he is supporting his daughter misdemeanor. V 3. This girl who is stubborn in JSS 1 will live to regret her waywardness.What will she do in the higher institution? It is clear her mother and her father are not together again contributing to her moral depravity. 4. Conclusion:. 1 The school reserves the right to discipline a student and maintain standards 2. If the discipline is too much like it is described on this suit and it is established child abuse is INVOLVED 3 The suspension is in order because of the attack on the teachers.
Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by AK481(m): 9:41am On Aug 14, 2021
Authority1o1:
Okay...

You flog person for assembly ground and yet you said it can be denied .
Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by xpool(m): 9:41am On Aug 14, 2021
RZArecta:
Many parents keep overindulging their children till they become spoilt brats.

Should you allow your child to be killed by teachers with family problems because you are the greatest disciplinarian?

A child was abused by a teacher up to the point of being taken to a hospital and you support it, is it because her father is a policeman?

If you dont love your child, others love theirs

1 Like

Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by cliqtips: 9:42am On Aug 14, 2021
The girl ? undecided

Authority1o1:
Okay...

Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by Houston17(m): 9:42am On Aug 14, 2021
blessedemeritus:
Hello Nairalanders,

YOUR OPINIONS,
ADVISE,
RECOMMENDATION
NO INSULT PLEASE.

Current CGPA 4.70

Kaii, why are you just posting this na. I'd have adviced you to apply for PTDF scholarship. Unfortunately it closed yesterday. MTNF is for 3rd year student and your course isn't eligible.

Pls as much as you can, do not drop out of school. Like someone mentioned, hand work is good but you don't wanna thro away how far you've come to go learn work. And considering the fact that you need cater for yourself, why not look for a side job instead to do. I had a guy back then in school who did permanent night security job in an estate and going yo school day time. It won't be easy but you just gotta hang on a Lil.

Put your eyes out on scholarships, once you clinch two or three, you'd be fine and be able to address other needs you have plus concentrate on your studies with little or no worries. By that time sef, u fit even still learn wetin u wan learn.
Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by hakym619(m): 9:42am On Aug 14, 2021
blessedemeritus:
Hello Nairalanders,

YOUR OPINIONS,
ADVISE,
RECOMMENDATION
NO INSULT PLEASE.

Current CGPA 4.70

Don't drop out.
Engage in a job that you can do at the comfort of Yuur home. There are many of such skills. Affiliate marketing, web design etc. The earnings from this job should suffice for you and your siblings.
Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by iyimide(m): 9:43am On Aug 14, 2021
macjurek:
What a shameful and Ignorant act from educated parents, the student in question should be shown mercy for this exposure to litigation against constituted authority of Ekiti State.

But the parents should be disgraced by making publication in National Newspaper for appeals to all parties sued to court.

The education sector should enact a law ,that allows such parents that come to the school premises or use their agents to fight and beat up teachers for any reasons, after proper rulings.

My take on this matter.

So in your Judgement this girl has no case?
U need to read the UN charter of Child rights and it constituents subsections.. u go see say na Ekiti state go beg last last..
Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by AK481(m): 9:43am On Aug 14, 2021
IVORY2009:

She is not wise, am telling you, first the school has rules and regulations regarding dress code, code of conduct, how her hair should look, perhaps low cut, but I guess she did otherwise, and she must have been told from day one of her admission into the secondary school, which she accepted, in other words, she has no case.
And the penalty for violation should be beat her to death ?
Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by Foreigna2: 9:43am On Aug 14, 2021
blessedemeritus:
Hello Nairalanders,

YOUR OPINIONS,
ADVISE,
RECOMMENDATION
NO INSULT PLEASE.

Current CGPA 4.70

If you drop out, you will suffer and live a life of regret. You will see your siblings and parents as being responsible for dropping out and eventually resent them.
If you can get any source of income for now, get it and use it to cater to your needs. When you graduate, you will be able to help them more.
Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by barragan: 9:44am On Aug 14, 2021
That hairstyle is an assault on the general public TBH.
Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by legba1(m): 9:45am On Aug 14, 2021
This decision is purely her parent's
Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by BluntTheApostle(m): 9:47am On Aug 14, 2021
I want to sue one uncle of mine who told my parents then that I was spending too much time playing football. He said I should rather be spending all of the time studying.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Teacher Flogs Student, 12 Strokes, For Not Completing Her Homework (Photos) / 10 Best Performing States & Regions In WAEC 2021 / Answering Any 7 Of These Means Your IQ Is Really High.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.