Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,980 members, 7,835,277 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:01 AM

Should I Resign From My Job? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should I Resign From My Job? (17496 Views)

How Can I resign from Npower / How Do I Resign From Npower Scheme? / N-Power: Why We Introduced The "Resign From Program" Button On Your Dashboard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Resign From My Job? by Fourwinds: 2:09pm On Aug 14, 2021
CharisEleos:
You caused it.

There's something called, " minding your business" and you didn't do that. Haven known the kind of parole going on there, you should have just kept to yourself and minded your biz but you chose to meddle in the mess that was already on ground, claiming you can handle any situation. Now you've gotten your fingers burnt putting your job on the line.

The thing is, now that you're in his bad books, even if you don't leave the job, he'll look for a way to terminate your appointment if he doesn't succeed in frustrating you out of the job.

Well, since you said apologizing is not a big deal for you, I'll advise you go plead with him to forgive and let you work in peace.

apology will still not work...he wants him to gossip
Re: Should I Resign From My Job? by Nobody: 2:12pm On Aug 14, 2021
Fourwinds:
apology will still not work...he wants him to gossip

Lol... Ok. O.
Abi the company na gossip group of companies but op is not aware? Lol..

Op, Oyo o.
Re: Should I Resign From My Job? by sisisioge: 2:18pm On Aug 14, 2021
Please leave and let the HR know in your exit interview! Hian! What a toxic place to work.
Re: Should I Resign From My Job? by ebuclassic18(m): 2:22pm On Aug 14, 2021
well am not a fan of being too friendly in my work place jus find away to manage ur self quitting is not the best option

1 Like

Re: Should I Resign From My Job? by coputa(m): 2:23pm On Aug 14, 2021
richmond500:
Good evening NLders.
So I got this job a week ago, when I first went to the company, everyone was advising me to be careful because the workers aren't nice to each others, even the manager and the security was advising me lolz.

I wasn't interested in those advice because i can easily make friends and apologieing when i have done wrong is something i could do to soften someones heart, so i know i am good and got things under control, also there is something I wished to gain from the company, the pay isn't even friendly, though I dont have problem with it, my target was set already and I know what I am going for but the antagonistic relationship between the staffs is on a whole different level, somehow I have been able to make friends with almost all the staffs and has tried my best to bring the workers closer by advicing them and told them how much I like a friendly atmosphere, I found out they are not actually bad but they are very careful due to past experiences.

The manager on the other hand is a sadist and very rude, he gets angry when two staffs are having fun, laughing or being friendly, he feels when staffs are friendly, they will end up gossiping him so he rather not see them happy. He called me recently and asked me to tell him things about the staffs, I noticed he wanted me to gossip about them and know their every moves, but that isn't what I will want to do, therefore whatever he asked him, I just tell him "I have no idea". Knowing that he couldn't use me as double agent, his hatred for me just grow to a level I couldn't even accommodate, he shouts at me for no reason, I get really upset, and noticed he is actually the person that has set this hatred between the staffs, I wanted to give him a piece of my own uncultured mouth because there are things I couldn't take but he is actually around my fathers age and I dont wish to drop my father at home and insult another persons father, i have been here for just six days and i am already tired, I am waiting for month end, after my salary, I'll just resign.

If u were in my shoes, what will u do
Only few weeks on the job,you are already tired, because the organization didn't met your expectations.
Stay put and learn, you learn faster in a tensed environment,not with milk and honey in your mouth.
Re: Should I Resign From My Job? by micflo28(m): 2:58pm On Aug 14, 2021
He is testing your endurance as a man. Stay, gather money and experience and use it to get a better job before you go. He wants how much of a leaf that you are.
Re: Should I Resign From My Job? by Truvelisback(m): 3:11pm On Aug 14, 2021
richmond500:
Good evening NLders.
So I got this job a week ago, when I first went to the company, everyone was advising me to be careful because the workers aren't nice to each others, even the manager and the security was advising me lolz.

I wasn't interested in those advice because i can easily make friends and apologieing when i have done wrong is something i could do to soften someones heart, so i know i am good and got things under control, also there is something I wished to gain from the company, the pay isn't even friendly, though I dont have problem with it, my target was set already and I know what I am going for but the antagonistic relationship between the staffs is on a whole different level, somehow I have been able to make friends with almost all the staffs and has tried my best to bring the workers closer by advicing them and told them how much I like a friendly atmosphere, I found out they are not actually bad but they are very careful due to past experiences.

The manager on the other hand is a sadist and very rude, he gets angry when two staffs are having fun, laughing or being friendly, he feels when staffs are friendly, they will end up gossiping him so he rather not see them happy. He called me recently and asked me to tell him things about the staffs, I noticed he wanted me to gossip about them and know their every moves, but that isn't what I will want to do, therefore whatever he asked him, I just tell him "I have no idea". Knowing that he couldn't use me as double agent, his hatred for me just grow to a level I couldn't even accommodate, he shouts at me for no reason, I get really upset, and noticed he is actually the person that has set this hatred between the staffs, I wanted to give him a piece of my own uncultured mouth because there are things I couldn't take but he is actually around my fathers age and I dont wish to drop my father at home and insult another persons father, i have been here for just six days and i am already tired, I am waiting for month end, after my salary, I'll just resign.

If i were in ur shoes, i won't wear the shoes again grin My advice is that u should talk sense into that old grown up fool. Yes, he is a fool. Tell him the consequence of his behaviour or actions and the negative imparts to the company and the staffs.
Re: Should I Resign From My Job? by Sexydevil(m): 3:12pm On Aug 14, 2021
psucc:
But op, you don't expect the workplace to be a beer palour or joint. In fact, that's a typical workplace Scenario for you. You have to adapt, face your work and wait for your pay. Except they are not paying, don't leave.

The workplace ain't a beer parlour, it ain't a battle field either. Toxic culture in work environment is nothing but a hazard in work environment and no amount of money can compensate for a toxic work culture.

1 Like

Re: Should I Resign From My Job? by bukolabeauty09(f): 3:19pm On Aug 14, 2021
You dont have to resign. Make your relationship with the staff of the company work related only nothing personal attach. Make colleagues at work place and not friends so as to avoid trouble.

The manager would also get information about you from other workers so be mindful of what you say to anyone there.
Re: Should I Resign From My Job? by Fortez: 5:19pm On Aug 14, 2021
Yeah and create one yourself
Re: Should I Resign From My Job? by Jamesbiodun(m): 7:23pm On Aug 14, 2021
When he shout, just smile and say okay sir cheesy , i swear that thing dey pain person pass make you vexz angry
Re: Should I Resign From My Job? by matinos28(m): 8:01pm On Aug 14, 2021
richmond500:
Good evening NLders.

For me, quitting because if rudeness depends on a number of things

If you need the money, don't quit because of rudeness, quit when you are physically harassed or owed salary.
Re: Should I Resign From My Job? by Gideons708: 11:45pm On Aug 14, 2021
HenryDion:
Please resign and look for something else. Your peace of mind is worth more than this office drama and brouhaha!

Hello bro.

*Have you heard about the coinTiger exchange*

There are alot of exchanges out there but you definitely can't compare it with what we have here at coinTiger.

There is a superb team of workers ready to take care of your problems regardless the time of the day and help you have a smooth less service.

If you don't use coinTiger to trade then I wonder which you use.

If you want to register, follow this tutorial.

https://cointiger.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360009924953-How-to-register-on-CoinTiger-Website-
Re: Should I Resign From My Job? by Microwhy: 6:52am On Aug 15, 2021
richmond500:

Good evening NLders.

Next time, don't rush to be friend with anyone. Watch everybody from a distance, all the staff will approach you and gossip about each other.
Give listening hears but don't contribute. Your words should always be "Na wa oooo" or something of that nature. In reality, you're gathering information on whoever want to Bleep with you later.
Workplace is not for friendship but to work expecially in third countries like Nigeria, India and many part of Asia included though as the saying goes, No dream job except dream colleagues.
Focus entirely on your initial goal which is to get more experience and exposure from the company.
An Indian friend at a particular company I went for installations once told me that, there is no work place on earth gossiping and backbiting are not happening because he realised I so much crave for friendly work environment, which is free of trouble and themsay themsay.
Lastly bro. Fvck everyone, you have to have a big heart and a thick skin. Dont give a fvck and don't ever try to be a good mummy's boy at work.
Workplace is for Real Adult Men.
Re: Should I Resign From My Job? by ehinorlive: 7:04am On Aug 15, 2021
richmond500:
which one is bad review?
Before I wrote my application letter, I didn't see anywhere it is written "vacancy in a company where staffs are at loggerheads with each other and manager is irredeemably sadistic"
you acting like a kid. are you to go and play,.make friends or what? Oga face your job
Re: Should I Resign From My Job? by Nobody: 9:40am On Aug 15, 2021
Gideons708:

Hello bro. Is there a way I can connect with you outside this forum?

Sure. My contacts are on my signature
Re: Should I Resign From My Job? by meshzhi(m): 1:41pm On Aug 15, 2021
Wait make bubu comot from office 2023
Re: Should I Resign From My Job? by BluntCrazeMan: 6:34am On Aug 16, 2021
richmond500:
Good evening NLders.

This type of person won't pay you until more than half of the next month.
Thus, you will find yourself in a rat-race..
You can never leave even if you want to.
Unless you make up to leave the current month’s salary (that is, if you decided to leave immediately you collected the previous month’s salary - because you can never demand for the salary of the current month which had not finished)

Meanwhile, you now see the real wahalla??
Everybody is on their own, so as to avoid the Manager’s wahalla.
They are not really enemies to themselves.
They are just avoiding the manager by staying on their own.
You never knew the code.
And now that you knew, (or are you telling me that you have not decoded that the enmity was fake?), you better stay on your own too.
Re: Should I Resign From My Job? by BluntCrazeMan: 6:37am On Aug 16, 2021
Freestainworld:
don't give a Damm about his shouting, if he is a sadist, show him the real maturity of a man, stand him man to man but don't insult him.
Do you know what it means that someone is a living wahalla?
Even ordinary advice you give to such a person translates to insult inside his brain.
This manager is such a person.
Re: Should I Resign From My Job? by BluntCrazeMan: 6:41am On Aug 16, 2021
richmond500:
work shouldn't be a beer parlour but should the manager behave like a mini devil?

A manager that shouts at me is not my problem, but a sadist isn't something I enjoy since its actually the opposite of my true nature, except I am teasing someone, I like a friendly atmosphere where everyone looks happy
For the moment, he is the manager.
If you can't cope around him, then start planning your exit.
Find a new work codedly (don't let anyone in your workplace to know that you're searching for a new job). Then, if you get the work, tender your resignation and leave.
Don't ever make the mistake of resigning from a job at hand if you don't have another job waiting.. Never.!!
Re: Should I Resign From My Job? by FakeUnity: 12:20am On Aug 31, 2021
richmond500:
work shouldn't be a beer parlour but should the manager behave like a mini devil?

A manager that shouts at me is not my problem, but a sadist isn't something I enjoy since its actually the opposite of my true nature, except I am teasing someone, I like a friendly atmosphere where everyone looks happy

He shouts at you because you are empty in the skull, and waste productive work time on NL looking for Igbos to insult. With the way you shout here one would think you are even an employer of labour like some of us here, without knowing you simply live by a measly paycheck... Mugu. grin
Re: Should I Resign From My Job? by richmond500: 12:23am On Aug 31, 2021
FakeUnity:

He shouts at you because you are empty in the skull, and waste productive work time on NL looking for Igbos to insult. With the way you shout here one would think you are even an employer of labour like some of us here, without knowing you simply live by a measly paycheck... Mugu. grin

I earn good, not up to 6figures but it could take care of my expense, I have a lil side hustle too.

No go kill urself on top my matter o cos na cruise I deh catch for NL
Re: Should I Resign From My Job? by FakeUnity: 12:30am On Aug 31, 2021
richmond500:
I earn good, not up to 6figures but it could take care of my expense, I have a lil side hustle too.

No go kill urself on top my matter o cos na cruise I deh catch for NL

Odiegwu, na your suya business be the side hustle? Abi na the BMC 20K package? grin

You dey catch cruise with matter wey pass your lineage. You never jam.

Hungry man wey poverty wan kill. If you use the time wey you dey take fool yourself for here take dey brainstorm everyday, maybe one superb millionaire business idea for enter your empty skull by now. grin

Na Igbo matter go feed your lineage? See as poverty dey dance azonto for your family. grin
Re: Should I Resign From My Job? by richmond500: 12:37am On Aug 31, 2021
FakeUnity:

Odiegwu, na your suya business be the side hustle? Abi na the BMC 20K package? grin

You dey catch cruise with matter wey pass your lineage. You never jam.

Hungry man wey poverty wan kill. If you use the time wey you dey take fool yourself for here take dey brainstorm everyday, maybe one superb millionaire business idea for enter your empty skull by now. grin

Na Igbo matter go feed your lineage? See as poverty dey dance azonto for your family. grin
BMC 20k plus suya 20k plus my job 70k, I think I am good to go for my age.

This is my last reply to u on NL
Re: Should I Resign From My Job? by FakeUnity: 12:43am On Aug 31, 2021
richmond500:
BMC 20k plus suya 20k plus my job 70k, I think I am good to go for my age.

This is my last reply to u on NL

Na so.. You resemble who don't count block 100K for your life before? grin

Ugly poor man. Ogbeye onu ntu! grin

Even 100k na how much for dollars? Calculate am make you see how poverty dey tamahug you.. grin

Re: Should I Resign From My Job? by richmond500: 5:19am On Aug 31, 2021
FakeUnity:

Na so.. You resemble who don't count block 100K for your life before? grin

Ugly poor man. Ogbeye onu ntu! grin

Even 100k na how much for dollars? Calculate am make you see how poverty dey tamahug you.. grin

ogbeni, na u say I deh receive BMC 20k and also get suya biz, I just add am to my salary, why d thing deh pain u?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG To Begin Rescreening Of 2000 Immigration Recruits. / My Awful Experience With The Federal Civil Service Commission / Nigeria Union Of Teachers (NUT) Job Recruitment (17 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.