Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,702 members, 7,831,192 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:13 PM

Should I Resign From My Job? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should I Resign From My Job? (17483 Views)

How Can I resign from Npower / How Do I Resign From Npower Scheme? / N-Power: Why We Introduced The "Resign From Program" Button On Your Dashboard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Resign From My Job? by Raxxye(m): 12:27pm On Aug 14, 2021
Endure till end of the month when you'll get your pay. You can leave afterwards.
Re: Should I Resign From My Job? by YouandiAllofus: 12:28pm On Aug 14, 2021
tidalstorm:
Op, you never even reach one week and you are trying to change the organizational culture without expecting resistance.
You knew how the company was before you joined.
Just keep your head down, learn and achieve your target from the company before leaving.
Well said...
Every problem in this type of organisational setting starts from making bad decisions or suggestions and still standing by them even after they have failed or ignored.
I wonder how some people manage to do this undecided
Re: Should I Resign From My Job? by samuelson06(m): 12:28pm On Aug 14, 2021
How much is the pay? What qualification did you use to get the job?
Re: Should I Resign From My Job? by Lewisdinho(m): 12:32pm On Aug 14, 2021
I had such a bossy type as a Project Manager in my former company, this dude tried to set me up but he couldn't nail me. Omoh one good day i burst him office change for am wella, nearly smashed his laptop. Guy man come d fear say i fit harm am. Since then d dude d give me way. If i d waka enter site, him go waka another side grin Since then anything i give am mke him sign him go just sign am sharperly....... Op give it hot to him and watch him free your ass

3 Likes

Re: Should I Resign From My Job? by Nobody: 12:32pm On Aug 14, 2021
Freestainworld:
don't give a Damm about his shouting, if he is a sadist, show him the real maturity of a man, stand him man to man but don't insult him.
Op, take this advice on your way out grin
Re: Should I Resign From My Job? by anthonyuncle(m): 12:32pm On Aug 14, 2021
calm down.

it's too early to conclude
Re: Should I Resign From My Job? by NEWSREPORT: 12:32pm On Aug 14, 2021
Re: Should I Resign From My Job? by FalseOracle50: 12:33pm On Aug 14, 2021
Say it loud, My season of refreshing has come in Jesus name
Re: Should I Resign From My Job? by LegalWolf: 12:33pm On Aug 14, 2021
richmond500:
Good evening NLders.
So I got this job a week ago, when I first went to the company, everyone was advising me to be careful because the workers aren't nice to each others, even the manager and the security was advising me lolz.

I wasn't interested in those advice because i can easily make friends and apologieing when i have done wrong is something i could do to soften someones heart, so i know i am good and got things under control, also there is something I wished to gain from the company, the pay isn't even friendly, though I dont have problem with it, my target was set already and I know what I am going for but the antagonistic relationship between the staffs is on a whole different level, somehow I have been able to make friends with almost all the staffs and has tried my best to bring the workers closer by advicing them and told them how much I like a friendly atmosphere, I found out they are not actually bad but they are very careful due to past experiences.

The manager on the other hand is a sadist and very rude, he gets angry when two staffs are having fun, laughing or being friendly, he feels when staffs are friendly, they will end up gossiping him so he rather not see them happy. He called me recently and asked me to tell him things about the staffs, I noticed he wanted me to gossip about them and know their every moves, but that isn't what I will want to do, therefore whatever he asked him, I just tell him "I have no idea". Knowing that he couldn't use me as double agent, his hatred for me just grow to a level I couldn't even accommodate, he shouts at me for no reason, I get really upset, and noticed he is actually the person that has set this hatred between the staffs, I wanted to give him a piece of my own uncultured mouth because there are things I couldn't take but he is actually around my fathers age and I dont wish to drop my father at home and insult another persons father, i have been here for just six days and i am already tired, I am waiting for month end, after my salary, I'll just resign.

If u were in my shoes, what will u do
. Work on your writing skills. It’ll take you far in life
Re: Should I Resign From My Job? by kestolove95(m): 12:34pm On Aug 14, 2021
his an Igbo man I know
Re: Should I Resign From My Job? by Maobichek: 12:46pm On Aug 14, 2021
richmond500:
Good evening NLders.
So I got this job a week ago, when I first went to the company, everyone was advising me to be careful because the workers aren't nice to each others, even the manager and the security was advising me lolz.

I wasn't interested in those advice because i can easily make friends and apologieing when i have done wrong is something i could do to soften someones heart, so i know i am good and got things under control, also there is something I wished to gain from the company, the pay isn't even friendly, though I dont have problem with it, my target was set already and I know what I am going for but the antagonistic relationship between the staffs is on a whole different level, somehow I have been able to make friends with almost all the staffs and has tried my best to bring the workers closer by advicing them and told them how much I like a friendly atmosphere, I found out they are not actually bad but they are very careful due to past experiences.

The manager on the other hand is a sadist and very rude, he gets angry when two staffs are having fun, laughing or being friendly, he feels when staffs are friendly, they will end up gossiping him so he rather not see them happy. He called me recently and asked me to tell him things about the staffs, I noticed he wanted me to gossip about them and know their every moves, but that isn't what I will want to do, therefore whatever he asked him, I just tell him "I have no idea". Knowing that he couldn't use me as double agent, his hatred for me just grow to a level I couldn't even accommodate, he shouts at me for no reason, I get really upset, and noticed he is actually the person that has set this hatred between the staffs, I wanted to give him a piece of my own uncultured mouth because there are things I couldn't take but he is actually around my fathers age and I dont wish to drop my father at home and insult another persons father, i have been here for just six days and i am already tired, I am waiting for month end, after my salary, I'll just resign.

Good day, you said that you have a target, is your target no longer important or the stress/pressure from the company's manager outweighs your target?

Please hold tenaciously to your target/goal, it will never be a bed of roses ; your target should not be abandoned because of threat okay, thank you.
Re: Should I Resign From My Job? by davidadenrele: 12:48pm On Aug 14, 2021
richmond500:
Good evening NLders.

I will do exactly what you proposed to do resign at the end of the month, but please before resigning endeavour to look elsewhere for another job, and until you get a better job elsewhere dont make the move..... why am i saying this? the struggle out there is real no one will hold your back if you are broke, no one will lend you common 2K to buy data, use your head ooo, be wise wisdom is profitable to direct life in naija is hard!! A bird in hand is better a thousand in the bush.
Re: Should I Resign From My Job? by Plut01: 12:50pm On Aug 14, 2021

Dear OP, two thing you should never joke with in your life;
*Your mental health
*Insult to the people/background/culture that gave you a reason to be happy

No 1 is at stake and with the way you put it, you might lose yourself trying to adapt to such hostile environment. Depression could set in, death could set in(God forbid) as a result, all because of something called Salary. I have people who have gotten this money but are depressed and they always say it at any given time that money without Happiness is useless. That organization you are is not giving you happiness and what you typed is enough to conclude it won't give you happiness.......So why stay?

In a country where life expectancy is 51, wasting your remaining time in such a negative atmosphere does not worth it.

To the part where the man shouted at you, I will take that as normal frustration induced behavior of every organization's manager. But the day his shouting reaches any of your relatives, where you're from or your people, kindly leave gentle man's character run him and his entire generation to the mud right on his face..........Verbal Indiscipline should not be encouraged even from Bosses.

1 Like

Re: Should I Resign From My Job? by Tukor1759: 12:52pm On Aug 14, 2021
richmond500:
he isn't doing it to me alone, every staff just get problem with the man, from what I heard, he has been there for just a month and has already sacked one person, I have been here for a week
stand your ground , you mentioned earlier that you can apologize,so any provoking moment, apologize
Re: Should I Resign From My Job? by Kobicove(m): 12:53pm On Aug 14, 2021
Just do your work and go home, don't get involved in office gossip.

Don't let the manager frustrate you, start looking out for another opportunity

Good luck!
Re: Should I Resign From My Job? by frozen70(f): 12:56pm On Aug 14, 2021
richmond500:
Good evening NLders.

If you can't play his game, you can resign honorably

But let the owner know that there are some things he doesn't know which us capable of running the company down

If you must do the above, do so after you have received your salary
Re: Should I Resign From My Job? by Nobody: 1:00pm On Aug 14, 2021
Why you sef go to work to make friends?E fit be say you dey abandoned your duty and be familiarising with girls.Why manager no go change am for you.
Re: Should I Resign From My Job? by hermesprogidy(m): 1:05pm On Aug 14, 2021
What you should do first is improve your grammar. It's was head splitting reading your write up. undecided undecided
Re: Should I Resign From My Job? by authority2006(m): 1:06pm On Aug 14, 2021
yemi2plus:
Six days and you're already advising everyone and making friends with everyone? You better mind your business.

Lol.
Re: Should I Resign From My Job? by laivwire(m): 1:08pm On Aug 14, 2021
Must be an Indian company grin
Re: Should I Resign From My Job? by TheGift: 1:09pm On Aug 14, 2021
Let the Man that know you are considering leaving and why - I.e what He is doing that may be sabotaging His company. You can put it in a letter- not tool long 5-7 paragraphs. Make sure you thank Him for the opportunity.

Give Him at the end of the month after you get your salary (if your mental health and self respect can cope that long) . See how He reacts, take it from there.

richmond500:
Good evening NLders.

Re: Should I Resign From My Job? by West2019(m): 1:09pm On Aug 14, 2021
richmond500:
Good evening NLders.

is that your working place a beer palour .I think after closing from work you can start your beer palour meeting with your friends as much as you like
Re: Should I Resign From My Job? by Timmybr: 1:26pm On Aug 14, 2021
I can give you advise I don't want to share here, because same was used recently, and it worked.
richmond500:
Good evening NLders.

Re: Should I Resign From My Job? by ibechris(m): 1:30pm On Aug 14, 2021
In the midst of this ugly situation,pls focus on ur goals.

Yelling is nothing as far as it does not affect ur job.

Re: Should I Resign From My Job? by phatnpretty(f): 1:31pm On Aug 14, 2021
Bros na so my work place dey o. But we move! I no come work to look person face. Sometimes it gets to me but my pay is all I consider.
Re: Should I Resign From My Job? by silibaba: 1:33pm On Aug 14, 2021
richmond500:
which one is bad review?
Before I wrote my application letter, I didn't see anywhere it is written "vacancy in a company where staffs are at[i] longer heads[b][/b] with each other and manager is irredeemably sadistic"[/i]

loggerheads, you mean to say?
Re: Should I Resign From My Job? by Meteng: 1:36pm On Aug 14, 2021
You never see anything you wan resign. I was working at a place where you'd work as if you're in a military base, shoutings, slappings, orders, etc, just because the owner of the company was the brother to a governor and he felt he was a king. I couldn't resign because I had a wife and two children to take care of, even though the pay was horrible. I endured. In the end, when I had to leave, the wife cried and the husband was moody, because I put up my best at work upon the bad treatment. You can be happy there if you choose to be. I chose to and became their most loved. But it's not easy
Re: Should I Resign From My Job? by FORWARDEVERLY: 1:40pm On Aug 14, 2021
Your type should be jobless for life..

You were instructed to mind your business and focus on work only but you are a busy body kind of Boy... Aka Mr. Nice guy..

I wish the manager locks you up over silly excuse before finally sacking you.

1 Like

Re: Should I Resign From My Job? by bigtt76(f): 1:50pm On Aug 14, 2021
Do the following: -

1. Go to his office one day, key the door from inside
2. Move closer to his desk and draw a chair
3. Place one feet on the chair
4. Lean towards him and whisper "Baba lets talk" man to man

I swear he will resign from the position and nominate you to take over. Thank me later kiss

richmond500:
Good evening NLders.

Re: Should I Resign From My Job? by mech2021(m): 1:52pm On Aug 14, 2021
My oga almost hit me last two weeks, embarrassed me in front of other lower workers, just because I didn't reconfirm before I made a decision even though we had previously discussed it and he approved it, you see, I did something that even me my self was surprised after all, I told him am sorry and his face changed, then after about few minutes, I looked at my self and I was happy, me of before, my oga will regret and that's end of job for me, am a different man entirely, when I discussed it with my wife, she told me that's the man I have become and she has noticed that about me for over a year now. am currently looking for a new opportunity now, but before then, I will keep my calm as much as possible, hunger is real. my advise for you is this, if you have other better ways of meeting up your financial obligations while you are out of job, I will advise you resign, a toxic place of work will also impact negatively on your mental well being, if not, kindly keep your calm and be actively job hunting, this is Nigeria, you just have to help your self. finally if situation get worst and you want to break it, kindly make it count, so he/she will have respect for who else is coming after you, most boss take people for granted because of nigeria situation.
Re: Should I Resign From My Job? by Originalsly: 1:56pm On Aug 14, 2021
Hopefully you get paid.... then resign. I suggest you pour your thoughts of him into the resignation letter ... and if you feel like.... on behalf of the remaining staff ... speak it to his face loud enough so even the deaf will hear you. Pepper him well ... no profanity ... leave him with his mouth wide open .... speechless and embarrassed. A month later I'm sure your then ex mates will be thanking you and testifying about the changed atmosphere since your verbal assault. Don't simply leave.... make a difference.

1 Like

Re: Should I Resign From My Job? by Aarenasbaba(m): 1:56pm On Aug 14, 2021
Do what soften your heart ooooo

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

N-EXIT: You Can No Longer Access The Portal, Please Read This / Share Your Experiences On Glo Recruitment Test / My Awful Experience With The Federal Civil Service Commission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.