Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,161 members, 7,821,943 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:24 PM

Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) (59070 Views)

Pictures Of Rihanna And Mum Then And Now. / Photo Of Rihanna And Donald Glover Everyone Is Talking About / Fans Slam B-Red For Claiming To Be A "Poor" Boy Before (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) by kollinz1234(m): 11:34am On Aug 14, 2021
Captain8:
ipob has made Igbo a disgraced to the africa race......

its time all africans gather and evicted this igbo people out of africa soil........
they making africa looking inferior......
the world tried it in 1967 yet the igbos have grown over 30million in population and has become one of the most successful tribes from Africa. If the whole world tried evicting the igbos but failed, Africa alone cannot.

2 Likes

Re: Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) by Captain8(m): 11:37am On Aug 14, 2021
prigoz:
Shot up
get small shame na ndi bingo.... rihana has reject una
Re: Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) by Benbellamor: 11:38am On Aug 14, 2021
Re: Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) by kestolove95(m): 11:41am On Aug 14, 2021
ipob and lie lie

3 Likes

Re: Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) by hollywater: 11:43am On Aug 14, 2021
Afonjas wetin we do una?
Re: Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) by Nobody: 11:46am On Aug 14, 2021
Fake news everywhere
Re: Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) by ObaKlaz: 11:47am On Aug 14, 2021
When you burst their ignominious lies, they say you're jealous (of what I don't even know!). Very delusional, self important people! grin

One kid (whom I bet can't hold a torch to me in the real world) on that fraud of a thread rained insults on his generations past, present and unborn.

But I ain't tripping! What else do I expect from a brat whose people wake their parents up with sliding tackles and karate chops??

Developers of the galaxies. grin cheesy grin

8 Likes

Re: Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) by TheWolfen(m): 11:47am On Aug 14, 2021
No it is Fulani that need be evicted. They the ones that goes about killing farmers and abducting women..
Igbo's owns their ancestral land. Which land does a Fulani owns in Nigeria? I am not Igbo but this myopic comment of yours need be condemn
Captain8:

its time all africans gather and evicted this igbo people out of africa soil........

3 Likes

Re: Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) by Boudiccao: 11:48am On Aug 14, 2021
One thing is clear here.... Nigerians are naturally hateful and jealous of Igbos.
Some people have been having heart palpitations and sleepless nights ever since that Rihanna igbo connection news broke out.
LMAO.

2 Likes

Re: Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) by BeautyB99(f): 11:50am On Aug 14, 2021
Is your bitterness for me �
Re: Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) by jcross19: 11:50am On Aug 14, 2021
Konpresor012:
Previous thread: https://www.nairaland.com/6697492/rihanna-mum-told-me-igbo

https://www.pulse.ng/entertainment/celebrities/fact-check-the-widely-circulated-quote-of-rihanna-claiming-to-be-igbo-is-false/8l4l27e
even the pulse are just pained why the fact check? Is rihanna is too big to be an African , am sure if news said she is from Ghana there will be no fact check.. Even the fact check you posted did not even comes from rihanna too , all you just posted from hearsay too.

1 Like

Re: Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) by Captain8(m): 11:51am On Aug 14, 2021
kollinz1234:
the world tried it in 1967 yet the igbos have grown over 30million in population and has become one of the most successful tribes from Africa. If the whole world tried evicting the igbos but failed, Africa alone cannot.
shut up... which igbo fight war in 1967?
igbos that follow their coward fraudster to run away to ivory coast.....

that war was fought galantly by ibibio, efik, annang, oron, led by effiong not the lazy ones that later take the glory

3 Likes

Re: Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) by Prince001(m): 11:53am On Aug 14, 2021
Asgard73:
Na so the thing pain Yoruba people reach grin

Na wao!

Tribal Nigeria.

whats that got to do with Yoruba. I dont know why anyone care if any america celebs ancestor are Naija. It make no damn sense cos at the end of day u are still going to pay ur own Bills urself not the celeb.
Re: Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) by Newton85: 11:53am On Aug 14, 2021
loveth360:
grin grin You don't know what hatred for Igbo can make some people do.
You mean debunking fake news is also "Igbo hate"? What exactly "Igbo hate" these days?

4 Likes

Re: Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) by 2ndBase: 11:56am On Aug 14, 2021
Captain8:

While trying to evict the Igbos, I would like you to choose the character you want to play in doing that amongst these two;
1. Idi Amin
2. Adolf Hitler
Re: Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) by modsfucker: 11:56am On Aug 14, 2021
FarahAideed:
It's clear many people had sleepless night over that quote and went out to start digging cheesy

Same way we dug your fake Jewish ancestry. Awon unity beggars.
Re: Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) by Newton85: 11:57am On Aug 14, 2021
Saint99:
Just wondering why some people are hell bent in hugging transformer on hearing that Rihanna claimed to be an Igbo woman.
I Have a mental problem because I pointed the sickening Igbo trait of making up batshit-crazy claims and sometimes attributing them to popular figures? Okay.

1 Like

Re: Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) by Captain8(m): 11:59am On Aug 14, 2021
TheWolfen:
No it is Fulani that need be evicted. They the ones that goes about killing farmers and abducting women..
Igbo's owns their ancestral land. Which land does a Fulani owns in Nigeria? I am not Igbo but this myopic comment of yours need be condemn
anyone we can evicted.....

the two tribes are one known as fulanigbo...... they are the problem of humanity and and disgraced to the africans........ why claiming anybody they see?
Re: Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) by Yxxx: 12:01pm On Aug 14, 2021
In every rumour, there is an element of truth.
Re: Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) by onuman: 12:02pm On Aug 14, 2021
Captain8:

You parasite must be excised from a country housing the Igbo.
Africa must rally round to make parasitic groups in Africa get confined to their own parasite country anywhere they are in Africa.

IPOB is all about having a different country from parasites. Africa is in support of that.

It’s only terrorist sympathizers in Nigeria’s high ground who designated IPOB as terrorist organization. But the civilized world refuse to see IPOB as terrorist organization.
Re: Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) by kollinz1234(m): 12:03pm On Aug 14, 2021
Captain8:

that war was fought galantly by ibibio, efik, annang, oron, led by effiong not the lazy ones that later take the glory
I actually thought I was talking to an adult
Re: Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) by techWriter1: 12:05pm On Aug 14, 2021
It's clear many folks got blanche evening over that quotations and came out to began excavating
Re: Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) by Boudiccao: 12:05pm On Aug 14, 2021
Faiththatworks:
Rihanna story confirmed what Reno omokri said about ibos. There's a large population of igbo descendants in the diaspora,and I'm not talking about those who migrated out of Nigeria after the formation of the country.
I remember the American preacher T.D Jakes talked about tracing his ancestry to the igbo tribe.
As difficult as it's for the igbos to accept,I believe Reno omokri told the ibos the hard truth,igbo pre independence Nigeria was probably one of the weakest tribe in Nigeria,many of their kinsmen were carted away and sold away into slavery.
But I have known the igbos to be industrious and business savvy,I expect igbos to take this opportunity and start some kind of service to help people in diaspora trace their root back to their different umunna and their household chi.
As for the Rihanna story,I don't think it's a big deal if the story is true or not,the fact is her forefathers were transported as slaves abroad,which tribe she comes from isn't relevant as this time.

Stop spewing this nonesense and ignorance because you are obsessed with rewriting igbo history.
Igbo people have never been conquered nor carried away by anybody rather Igbos captured and sold themselves.
Igbos sold Igbos and Igbo groups largely participated in Slavery. Go through some parts of Igboland today and you will relics of transatlantic slave trade

As much as it is not expressed everytime or taught in schools, the truth is that Igbos sold themselves just like other Nigerians and Africans ,period.
There are descendants of all West Africa tribes in the diaspora not just Igbos, the only difference is that the ones of Igbos descent always choose to publicly identify with Igbos.
Re: Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) by Captain8(m): 12:06pm On Aug 14, 2021
onuman:

You parasite must be excised from a country housing the Igbo.
Africa must rally round to make parasitic groups in Africa get confined to their own parasite country anywhere they are in Africa.

IPOB is all about having a different country from parasites. Africa is in support of that.

It’s only terrorist sympathizers in Nigeria’s high ground who designated IPOB as terrorist organization. But the civilized world refuse to see IPOB as terrorist organization.
we know who is terrorist and who is not, so ipob is a terrorist.... everyone in nigeria know ipob is a terrorist

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) by Nobody: 12:06pm On Aug 14, 2021
Low Self Esteem and Inferioty Complex IS A DISEASE!

2 Likes

Re: Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) by bewla(m): 12:06pm On Aug 14, 2021
IJOBA11:
SOME PEOPLE ARE RESTLESS OVER THIS RIHANNA MATTER
Igbos kwanu
Re: Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) by onuman: 12:07pm On Aug 14, 2021
Captain8:

Con artist. You claim to be Ijaw, from Warri, but you are not what you claim.

All your NL comments are typical of parasites.
Re: Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) by Obalatule: 12:09pm On Aug 14, 2021
goslowgoslow:

You people are all suffering from inferiority complex. What ever linage she might come from what is special about it?
There is nothing special about it because its not your lineage grin grin

If she had claimed your lineage you for no remember inferiority complex cheesy

1 Like

Re: Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) by LionTiger(m): 12:12pm On Aug 14, 2021
Captain8:

Like your heart is failing!
Ododuwa yet to arrive and your BP is rising.
I heard middle belt. and Niger delta will soon join.
Jeje o!
High tension is near by!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Barakat, Pasuma’s Daughter Weds Olajuwon Bello (Photos, Video) / Laura Ikeji Attends An Event In Bra (Photos) / Why I Don't Know The Meaning Of Bsc- Ese Eriata

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.