Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,993 members, 7,821,469 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:24 PM

Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) (59066 Views)

Pictures Of Rihanna And Mum Then And Now. / Photo Of Rihanna And Donald Glover Everyone Is Talking About / Fans Slam B-Red For Claiming To Be A "Poor" Boy Before (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) by 4tomandchi: 11:01am On Aug 14, 2021
Biafra how far

5 Likes

Re: Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) by Brugo(m): 11:02am On Aug 14, 2021
cheesy

Of course it’s false.

The same people who are trying to bully modern day Israelis into accepting them as a “lost” tribe. Why would anyone be surprised that they would lie about Rihanna’s ancestry.

Same people who said Donatus Trump was coming to attend burial in igboland. grin

Igbos need to gum-body before they can be proud of themselves. cheesy

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) by PrinceOfLagos: 11:03am On Aug 14, 2021
Monogamy:

No,this is not stupid thread and it deserves to be on FP.

The first person that posted about Rihanna claiming Igbo said in a tweet, we have asked him for the tweet screenshot, it's almost a week now.

The second one that grace FP, that one also claimed in an interview, we asked for the video or transcript of the interview, nothing up till this moment..

Meanwhile, it's something that is now common from SE lately, unverified news....

Or do you have the said interview clip where Rihanna claimed her mum told her she's from Igbo origin?
Large percent of blacks in Barbados where Rihanna comes from has Nigerian root so it's percent Rihanna is Igbo .

4 Likes

Re: Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) by Panda7(m): 11:03am On Aug 14, 2021
so who is she going to marry
Re: Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) by Eastlink(m): 11:03am On Aug 14, 2021
Both OP and the mod who pushed this to front page are clowns. What a disgraceful post.

4 Likes

Re: Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) by Jimasun: 11:03am On Aug 14, 2021
IPOB and attaché by force

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) by Necksonnel: 11:03am On Aug 14, 2021
How does this help Igbo people? Rubbish.
Re: Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) by Pumpumking: 11:03am On Aug 14, 2021
Re: Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) by Laideabdulahi: 11:03am On Aug 14, 2021
Omor, some. People matter tire me oo.
Me, restless and sleepless because someone made or posted a statement??

Haaa, laye.OP, you get time oo.
Fck it.

2 Likes

Re: Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) by BSsniffer: 11:04am On Aug 14, 2021
A people with no culture, tradition or value system constantly looking for how they'd uplift their inferior tribe and wankk their damaged egos....gumbody tribe. Tommorow they're the Jews, next week they're the Germans....*spits

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) by KINGDOS: 11:04am On Aug 14, 2021
Igbo Amaka!!! See how some Agbayas will avoid this thread like shit

1 Like

Re: Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) by Faiththatworks(m): 11:04am On Aug 14, 2021
Rihanna story confirmed what Reno omokri said about ibos. There's a large population of igbo descendants in the diaspora,and I'm not talking about those who migrated out of Nigeria after the formation of the country.
I remember the American preacher T.D Jakes talked about tracing his ancestry to the igbo tribe.
As difficult as it's for the igbos to accept,I believe Reno omokri told the ibos the hard truth,igbo pre independence Nigeria was probably one of the weakest tribe in Nigeria,many of their kinsmen were carted away and sold away into slavery.
But I have known the igbos to be industrious and business savvy,I expect igbos to take this opportunity and start some kind of service to help people in diaspora trace their root back to their different umunna and their household chi.
As for the Rihanna story,I don't think it's a big deal if the story is true or not,the fact is her forefathers were transported as slaves abroad,which tribe she comes from isn't relevant as this time.

3 Likes

Re: Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) by Nobody: 11:05am On Aug 14, 2021
Fake products to product news.

Lots keep mass producing fake things

3 Likes

Re: Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) by KingOfAmebo(m): 11:05am On Aug 14, 2021

8 Likes

Re: Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) by DaRuud(m): 11:06am On Aug 14, 2021

3 Likes

Re: Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) by webizone(m): 11:06am On Aug 14, 2021
Captain8:
ipob has made Igbo a disgraced to the africa race......

its time all africans gather and evicted this igbo people out of africa soil........
they making africa looking inferior......

Interesting. Please take the lead.

1 Like

Re: Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) by Eastlink(m): 11:08am On Aug 14, 2021
Faiththatworks:
[s]Rihanna story confirmed what Reno omokri said about ibos. There's a large population of igbo descendants in the diaspora,and I'm not talking about those who migrated out of Nigeria after the formation of the country.
I remember the American preacher T.D Jakes talked about tracing his ancestry to the igbo tribe.
As difficult as it's for the igbos to accept,I believe Reno omokri told the ibos the hard truth,igbo pre independence Nigeria was probably one of the weakest tribe in Nigeria,many of their kinsmen were carted away and sold away into slavery.
But I have known the igbos to be industrious and business savvy,I expect igbos to take this opportunity and start some kind of service to help people in diaspora trace their root back to their different umunna and their household chi.
As for the Rihanna story,I don't think it's a big deal if the story is true or not,the fact is her forefathers were transported as slaves abroad,which tribe she comes from isn't relevant as this time[/s].
You messed up your post by foolishly using Reno as reference. Stupidity should not be an excuse to fail exams.

5 Likes

Re: Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) by Paretomaster1(m): 11:08am On Aug 14, 2021
IJOBA11:
SOME PEOPLE ARE RESTLESS OVER THIS RIHANNA MATTER

Yeah, some people can't take lies hook line, and sinker......everything Igbo is build on lies, and deceit...

5 Likes

Re: Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) by driand(m): 11:09am On Aug 14, 2021
Captain8:
ipob has made Igbo a disgraced to the africa race......

its time all africans gather and evicted this igbo people out of africa soil........
they making africa looking inferior......
Africa would have been better off with out the rest of ur kind..

1 Like

Re: Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) by Emmypure: 11:09am On Aug 14, 2021
I am Igbo, but even though Rihanna is Igbo self how does that concern me, will it put food in my table ?

5 Likes

Re: Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) by BSsniffer: 11:10am On Aug 14, 2021
Eastlink:
You messed up your post by foolishly using Reno as reference. Stupidity should not be an excuse to fail exams.

See that you flatin0s are rettarded hypocrites....you want to claim successful descendants of slaves as igbos but still claim that igbos were never slaves......lmaoo dimwits

9 Likes

Re: Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) by loveth360(f): 11:11am On Aug 14, 2021
FarahAideed:
It's clear many people had sleepless night over that quote and went out to start digging cheesy
grin grin You don't know what hatred for Igbo can make some people do.

3 Likes

Re: Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) by Nobody: 11:11am On Aug 14, 2021
An Internationally acclaimed PROSTITUTE claimed and desires to be IGBO and most Nigerians are busy jostling to wish she was theirs..
Oh! How the mighty has fallen.
How did we get to this miserable squalor?
Very soon the DSS will be roped in too
Re: Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) by loveth360(f): 11:12am On Aug 14, 2021
FarahAideed:
It's clear many people had sleepless night over that quote and went out to start digging cheesy
grin grin You don't know what hatred for Igbo will make some people do.

2 Likes

Re: Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) by BSsniffer: 11:12am On Aug 14, 2021
loveth360:
grin grin You don't know what hatred for Igbo can make some people do.

Since when did fact checking bvllshit become igbo hate?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) by KosiGee(m): 11:12am On Aug 14, 2021
Newton85:
Well, I think it's a good thing to have "sleepless nights" over fake news. Only a despicably insecure people make up spurious things to feel good about themselves. [b]Why do you Igbos love doing this? [/b]You've even done it to your own Chimamanda Adichie numerous times. Why did you people lie against Rihanna by claiming she said what she didn't say? Smh.

Why do Igbos love doing this?? You want to know??

You are as insecure and as foolish as the idiot that started the tweet or owned the blog site.

What do Igbos love doing? Who cares about Rihanna’s origin or ethnicity? What does the average Igbo person at Onitsha, Nnewi or Owerri minding his or her business know about Rihanna.
It’s retarded people like you that help to propagate all these viral nonsense.

Shame on you and your kind.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) by RevolverOcelot(m): 11:13am On Aug 14, 2021
Konpresor012:
Previous thread: https://www.nairaland.com/6697492/rihanna-mum-told-me-igbo

https://www.pulse.ng/entertainment/celebrities/fact-check-the-widely-circulated-quote-of-rihanna-claiming-to-be-igbo-is-false/8l4l27e

Thank you OP.
We no go hear word again. Rihanna is Igbo everyday like 100 threads of this bullshite. Aaah.
All of those promoting this lie tongue nothing for you!

2 Likes

Re: Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) by Kenmatt(m): 11:13am On Aug 14, 2021
Everything written by the OP and his or her source indirectly goes down to the same thing that Rihanna ancestry had a connectivity with Igbo

3 Likes

Re: Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) by Goldbw122(m): 11:14am On Aug 14, 2021
Make she come Nigeria na come visit her people

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Photos Of The Most Beautiful Deaf Girl In Nigeria / Who Did This To Adekunle Gold? (photo) / Barakat, Pasuma’s Daughter Weds Olajuwon Bello (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.