Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,019 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) (59075 Views)

Pictures Of Rihanna And Mum Then And Now. / Photo Of Rihanna And Donald Glover Everyone Is Talking About / Fans Slam B-Red For Claiming To Be A "Poor" Boy Before (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) by Captain8(m): 12:50pm On Aug 14, 2021
ikenna44:
Your father is a waste of sperm... Not you oo... Your father!

umu bingo
Re: Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) by Captain8(m): 12:52pm On Aug 14, 2021
joe120120:

Thunder will not spear some ingredients
fendi fighter

1 Like

Re: Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) by PericomaNwankwo: 12:52pm On Aug 14, 2021
Captain8:
ipob has made Igbo a disgraced to the africa race......

its time all africans gather and evicted this igbo people out of africa soil........
they making africa looking inferior......

Englijaw
Re: Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) by kollinz1234(m): 12:53pm On Aug 14, 2021
Captain8:
now..thank me for teaching you history
continue ranting pls
Re: Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) by Captain8(m): 12:59pm On Aug 14, 2021
Johel:

Your younger ones are growing In wisdom but u choose to grow in foolishness...your failed family couldn't even give you proper education...what a shame on you simp...I hope you know hushpuppi is Yoruba and Aba kyari is Hausa...Two thieves that disgraced Nigeria globally in recent time...F**L.
rehana rejected your igbo and still do not felt shame.... umu bingo
Re: Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) by od501: 1:01pm On Aug 14, 2021
Captain8:
buhari and kanu are both terrorist leaders..... they are both criminals.....

fulanigbo tribe must be evicted from this nigeria....

Too bad you can't read, I would have said read what you have written to see how dumb it sounds.
Re: Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) by pacespot(m): 1:01pm On Aug 14, 2021
Is it because Rihanna became a billionaire recently according to Forbes that igbos are trying to claim her for themselves Nothing is beyond what igbos can do for money undecided
Re: Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) by richie240: 1:01pm On Aug 14, 2021
Brugo:
cheesy

Of course it’s false.

The same people who are trying to bully modern day Israelis into accepting them as a “lost” tribe. Why would anyone be surprised that they would lie about Rihanna’s ancestry.

Same people who said Donatus Trump was coming to attend burial in igboland. grin

Igbos need to gum-body before they can be proud of themselves. cheesy

Those gyes will accept anything in as much as na Emeka torkam!

Eastlink:
Both OP and the mod who pushed this to front page are clowns. What a disgraceful post.
But d liar who posted d fake news is a hero, abi?
cool

2 Likes

Re: Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) by ifiokjohn(m): 1:02pm On Aug 14, 2021
LegalWolf:

If they hadn’t corrected this, the falsehood would live on in perpetuity. Now they have, you’re still blaming them but not the purveyors of untruth. What the heck is wrong with you people?
If truly majority of the slaves that was taken from igboland was taken to Barbados where Rihanna comes from, isn't it then rational to agree that Rihanna is igbo.?

From what I read on Google.. Majority of Barbados were Igbo slaves.
That's why Barbados has lot of Igbo words

1 Like

Re: Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) by pacespot(m): 1:04pm On Aug 14, 2021
GeneralPula:
https://www.nairaland.com/6697492/rihanna-mum-told-me-igbo

Meanwhile, Flatinoz have shown different fake and unreal justification how Barbados people are from Anambra..

I’ve never been a lower self esteem carriers..

grin

1 Like

Re: Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) by Theicecode(m): 1:10pm On Aug 14, 2021
Hilarious cheesy

1 Like

Re: Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) by Guyman02: 1:12pm On Aug 14, 2021
Nigerians are infatuated with Igbos, this thread is already on page 6, no other tribe attract so much attention.
The Rihanna story came as a shock to many people who are looking for ways to downgrade the Igbos
Re: Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) by Captain8(m): 1:15pm On Aug 14, 2021
od501:

Too bad you can't read, I would have said read what you have written to see how dumb it sounds.
as how? what wrong thing have i said?

is fulani and igbo not thesame people?

abi is buhari and kanu not terrorist leaders again?

1 Like

Re: Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) by Manasseh2018(m): 1:26pm On Aug 14, 2021
Inferiority complex kill them. Alwaays claiming to be marginalized. *spits*
Re: Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) by onuman: 1:28pm On Aug 14, 2021
Captain8:
guy. ask your elders well let them tell you what really happened during that war.....

I don’t need to ask anyone about what happened during the civil war. I witnessed the war from beginning to end.

Start another civil war against the Igbo today, in one year, you parasites in Nigeria must have been sent packing from wherever you now live in Nigeria. You think that falsely claiming you are Ijaw on NL is it. Ignoramus.

The circumstances that prevailed before and during the last civil war have changed.
Re: Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) by Princedapace(m): 1:29pm On Aug 14, 2021
Newton85:
Okay bro, I agree with you.
It is nice to see an adult admit to something. Nice one bro

wish u all the best.
Re: Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) by Nobody: 1:35pm On Aug 14, 2021
Re: Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) by ibechris(m): 1:37pm On Aug 14, 2021
Then read more about the Guyanese people a good number of them has their routes in Nigeria.
Re: Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) by FarahAideed: 1:37pm On Aug 14, 2021
modsfucker:

Same way we dug your fake Jewish ancestry. Awon unity beggars.

Keep digging till you find what you are looking for cheesy bad Belle people
Re: Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) by Danjikanbauchi: 1:38pm On Aug 14, 2021
Captain8:
ipob has made Igbo a disgraced to the africa race......

its time all africans gather and evicted this igbo people out of africa soil........
they making africa looking inferior......
no sir, I think IPOB has psychologically disgrace Nigeria to the extend that the hate is no more hidden. The hate Hausafulani and Yoruba have against the Igbos that they are pretending before is now obvious.

1 Like

Re: Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) by LegalWolf: 1:39pm On Aug 14, 2021
ifiokjohn:
If truly majority of the slaves that was taken from igboland was taken to Barbados where Rihanna comes from, isn't it then rational to agree that Rihanna is igbo.?

From what I read on Google.. Majority of Barbados were Igbo slaves.
That's why Barbados has lot of Igbo words

I think you’re not getting my point. You can speculate and there’s no problem with that. But it’s wrong to assert because it’s tantamount to lying. If the original poster had said “it’s possible Rihana is Igbo “, I doubt anyone would complain. But saying “Rihanna said in a recent interview that she’s Igbo” is outright lying and that is not good.

This is my point

1 Like

Re: Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) by kayfra: 1:43pm On Aug 14, 2021
Boudiccao:
One thing is clear here.... Nigerians are naturally hateful and jealous of Igbos.
Some people have been having heart palpitations and sleepless nights ever since that Rihanna igbo connection news broke out.
LMAO.

They bust your lies and your conclusion is that they are envious for busting your lies?

What kind of logic is that? Da Bleep

2 Likes

Re: Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) by caracas: 1:49pm On Aug 14, 2021
Newton85:
Well, I think it's a good thing to have "sleepless nights" over fake news. Only a despicably insecure people make up spurious things to feel good about themselves. Why do you Igbos love doing this? You've even done it to your own Chimamanda Adichie numerous times. Why did you people lie against Rihanna by claiming she said what she didn't say? Smh.
And why should a fake news give you sleepless nights?
Simple, you were just filled with jealousy n hatred for that particular tribe that the so called fake news extoled, otherwise I see no reason why any reasonable human would give a damn about fake news.
You need to purge yourself sir your hatred,fear n jealousy of the igbos might become your undoing soon

1 Like

Re: Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) by Okhuadams(m): 1:49pm On Aug 14, 2021
Konpresor012:
Previous thread: https://www.nairaland.com/6697492/rihanna-mum-told-me-igbo

https://www.pulse.ng/entertainment/celebrities/fact-check-the-widely-circulated-quote-of-rihanna-claiming-to-be-igbo-is-false/8l4l27e
na one iigbo man just dey him house post this rubbish, fobres self begin worry their selves Dem find watin no loss, Michael Jackson, Wesley Snipes, Notorious big,, Tupac, even Jet li and Bruce Lee, I even here Jackie Chan, and that guy wey act Rambo and also the guy wey act terminator, even PMB self all of them na igbo. Igbo we too much
Re: Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) by ifiokjohn(m): 1:53pm On Aug 14, 2021
LegalWolf:

I think you’re not getting my point. You can speculate and there’s no problem with that. But it’s wrong to assert because it’s tantamount to lying. If the original poster had said “it’s possible Rihana is Igbo “, I doubt anyone would complain. But saying “Rihanna said in a recent interview that she’s Igbo” is outright lying and that is not good.

This is my point
Ok I get you now. Well I'm speculating she might be 80% igbo if what Google is saying is true about Barbados being igbo slaves
Re: Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) by Captain8(m): 1:53pm On Aug 14, 2021
onuman:

I don’t need to ask anyone about what happened during the civil war. I witnessed the war from beginning to end.

Start another civil war against the Igbo today, in one year, you parasites in Nigeria must have been sent packing from wherever you now live in Nigeria. You think that falsely claiming you are Ijaw on NL is it. Ignoramus.

The circumstances that prevailed before and during the last civil war have changed.
lol... stop talking rubbish....

biafra war was a war between ibibio oron efik anang......though it was sponsored by the igbos.....

Igbo alone cannot withstand even yorubas.....

Igbos weakness was shown just last month when nigeria lazy police defeated their 2000 strongest soldiers within two months.....

Abeg igbos cannot fight any nigeria tribe......

the only thing saving igbos was because they many.....
Re: Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) by HoleDriller(m): 1:55pm On Aug 14, 2021
Newton85:
Well, I think it's a good thing to have "sleepless nights" over fake news. Only a despicably insecure people make up spurious things to feel good about themselves. Why do you Igbos love doing this? You've even done it to your own Chimamanda Adichie numerous times. Why did you people lie against Rihanna by claiming she said what she didn't say? Smh.

Sharrap angry
Re: Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) by Captain8(m): 1:55pm On Aug 14, 2021
Danjikanbauchi:
no sir, I think IPOB has psychologically disgrace Nigeria to the extend that the hate is no more hidden. The hate Hausafulani and Yoruba have against the Igbos that they are pretending before is now obvious.
lol.... umu bingo1
Re: Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) by Boudiccao: 1:57pm On Aug 14, 2021
kayfra:

They bust your lies and your conclusion is that they are envious for busting your lies?

What kind of logic is that? Da Bleep

Which one is my lie. The lenghts you all went through in this investigative journalism just because a connection was made between Rihanna and Igbos shows how much bile you have for Igbos.
On a normal day, Igbos would not be bothered if the reverse was the case.
Safe to say people didn't sleep because of the Rihanna's alleged igbo story.
Re: Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) by onuman: 2:03pm On Aug 14, 2021
Captain8:
lol... stop talking rubbish....

biafra war was a war between ibibio oron efik anang......though it was sponsored by the igbos.....

Igbo alone cannot withstand even yorubas.....

Igbos weakness was shown just last month when nigeria lazy police defeated their 2000 strongest soldiers within two months.....

Abeg igbos cannot fight any nigeria tribe......

the only thing saving igbos was because they many.....

I thought I was responding to another smart impostor.

You are not well. Seek for psychiatric support.

For a grueling 30 months, Igbos stood their ground in war fronts against rest of Nigeria with Nigeria’s foreign aides. If it were today, when the circumstances have changed against Nigeria…

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Chidinma And Korede Bello Performing On Altar Of Church [PICS] / BBNaija's Gifty Shares Bedroom Underwear Photos / Patience Ozokwor, Grandchildren, Son-In-Law, Daughter, Chioma Nnenna Lameya: Pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.