Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,846 members, 7,820,950 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:45 AM

Osinbajo Condoles With Reverend Wilson Badejo, Fawehinmi's Families - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo Condoles With Reverend Wilson Badejo, Fawehinmi's Families (10374 Views)

Osinbajo Condoles With Dangote, Dantata Families / Osinbajo Condoles With Revd. Badejo, Fawehinmi Families / Osinbajo Condoles With The Family Of Abba Kyari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osinbajo Condoles With Reverend Wilson Badejo, Fawehinmi's Families by Deputy1111(m): 8:03pm On Aug 14, 2021
While visiting Lagos today, Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, SAN, called on the families of the late legal icon, Chief Gani Fawehinmi - whose son, Mohammed, just died, and the former General Overseer of the Foursquare Gospel Church, late Revd. Dr. Wilson Badejo, personally delivering messages of condolence. 

At the Yaba residence of the Badejos, where he was received by Mrs. Yinka Badejo, the Vice President described the late Revd. Dr. Badejo, who died recently as "an exceptional man of God." 

Prof. Osinbajo said Revd. Badejo was a promoter of the gospel who worked for both the physical and spiritual transformation of societies. 

According to the Vice President, “he was certainly a man of integrity, a man who served God with all his strength and a man who truly loved God and the gospel of Jesus Christ.” 

The VP noted that the late Badejo “was also someone who believed that the gospel is for social transformation, besides the spiritual. And he carried the message that the gospel is meant to transform societies and the people physically, as well as spiritually. He was one of a kind.” 

Prof. Osinbajo also wrote a short tribute in the condolence register at the residence. 

“We bless the name of the Lord for the life and times of one of His generals, our father in the Lord, Revd. Dr. Wilson Badejo. We thank him for the great work of the gospel that he did and we now celebrate such an excellent life of service. Blessed be the name of the lord,” the VP’s message read. 

While praying for God to console and strengthen the family, Prof. Osinbajo also prayed God to preserve the legacy left by the late man of God, noting that “he has left a great legacy indeed. A tremendous legacy that we are proud of.” 

Late Badejo was General Overseer of the Foursquare Gospel Church between 1999 to 2009. 

At the Ikeja residence of the Fawehinmis, Prof. Osinbajo met with the mother of Mohammed, Mrs Ganiyat Fawehinmi, and prayed for God's comfort for her and the entire family. 

He described the late Mohammed Fawehinmi as "one of us," being a progressive and protector of the poor and less privileged. 

The Vice President noted that “the late Mohammed continually identified himself with the progressives and did not diminish what concerned his father during his lifetime. 

“He continually maintained very serious advocacy for the poor and the less privileged," he said. 

Prof. Osinbajo prayed that God will console the entire family of the late Chief Gani Fawehinmi and "grant them the fortitude to bear the loss.” 

*Laolu Akande*
*Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media & Publicity*
*Office of the Vice President*
*14th August, 2021*

5 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Condoles With Reverend Wilson Badejo, Fawehinmi's Families by OgundeleTeju: 8:05pm On Aug 14, 2021
May the soul of the departed Rest In Peace

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Condoles With Reverend Wilson Badejo, Fawehinmi's Families by TheRareGem1(f): 8:06pm On Aug 14, 2021
Condolences to the family. RIP to the dead.

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Condoles With Reverend Wilson Badejo, Fawehinmi's Families by Joylove2324(f): 8:07pm On Aug 14, 2021
May his soul rest in peace

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Condoles With Reverend Wilson Badejo, Fawehinmi's Families by Zeemam: 8:07pm On Aug 14, 2021
May his soul rest in perfect peace

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Condoles With Reverend Wilson Badejo, Fawehinmi's Families by maybanks: 8:10pm On Aug 14, 2021
A VP with a Heart of Gold. May the Souls of Mohammed and Rev. Badejo rest in peace. Two Great minds gone

5 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Condoles With Reverend Wilson Badejo, Fawehinmi's Families by okefranci: 8:19pm On Aug 14, 2021
oh God ! may his soul rest in peace
Re: Osinbajo Condoles With Reverend Wilson Badejo, Fawehinmi's Families by Ceenachi: 11:11pm On Aug 14, 2021
After watching Arise exclusive interview with IBB, I just believe Osinbajo is the right man he is talking about. The guy communicates with the people on a regular basis.

11 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Condoles With Reverend Wilson Badejo, Fawehinmi's Families by effty(m): 11:13pm On Aug 14, 2021
Chief Condolence Officer.
Re: Osinbajo Condoles With Reverend Wilson Badejo, Fawehinmi's Families by money121(m): 11:19pm On Aug 14, 2021
Seen
Re: Osinbajo Condoles With Reverend Wilson Badejo, Fawehinmi's Families by engrkaz(m): 11:39pm On Aug 14, 2021
Commissioner for Condolences
Re: Osinbajo Condoles With Reverend Wilson Badejo, Fawehinmi's Families by sirusX(m): 11:40pm On Aug 14, 2021
I was wondering why there was road block and heavy security in my street till I found out someone special came visiting

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Condoles With Reverend Wilson Badejo, Fawehinmi's Families by Clickguy44: 11:53pm On Aug 14, 2021
G
Re: Osinbajo Condoles With Reverend Wilson Badejo, Fawehinmi's Families by Nobody: 11:58pm On Aug 14, 2021
May the soul of the deceased person rest in perfect peace

I'm still reviving dead phones and laptops

I will fix all fixables

I dey computer village here
Re: Osinbajo Condoles With Reverend Wilson Badejo, Fawehinmi's Families by Nobody: 11:59pm On Aug 14, 2021
sirusX:
I was wondering why there was road block and heavy security in my street till I found out someone special came visiting

You're someone special too bro

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Condoles With Reverend Wilson Badejo, Fawehinmi's Families by FedPolyEkowe: 12:36am On Aug 15, 2021
sirusX:

People like you are rare breed. You are very much special.

4 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Condoles With Reverend Wilson Badejo, Fawehinmi's Families by Candidlady: 12:45am On Aug 15, 2021
FedPolyEkowe:

People like you are rare breed. You are very much special.

tolakush92:

You're someone special too bro

SMH

RIP to the dead tho
Re: Osinbajo Condoles With Reverend Wilson Badejo, Fawehinmi's Families by ipobarethieves: 2:16am On Aug 15, 2021
sad May God give their families fortitude to bear the irreplaceable loss sad.It is well sad
Re: Osinbajo Condoles With Reverend Wilson Badejo, Fawehinmi's Families by EmekaBlue(m): 3:10am On Aug 15, 2021
We don't need his grammar here

My Condolences to the bereaved family
Re: Osinbajo Condoles With Reverend Wilson Badejo, Fawehinmi's Families by czaratwork: 3:17am On Aug 15, 2021
Hmm
Re: Osinbajo Condoles With Reverend Wilson Badejo, Fawehinmi's Families by Waakanda: 5:08am On Aug 15, 2021
May God be with the families.

(1) (Reply)

The Real Truth About The Travellers Killed In Jos / Movement For The Creation Of FESTAC STATE / Divisional Police Officer Killed In Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.