Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,748 members, 7,817,064 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:37 AM

Osinbajo Condoles With Dangote, Dantata Families - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo Condoles With Dangote, Dantata Families (13737 Views)

Dangote, Dantata, Abdussamad, Others Get New Appointments In Kano State / Osinbajo Condoles With Reverend Wilson Badejo, Fawehinmi's Families / Osinbajo Condoles With The Family Of Abba Kyari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osinbajo Condoles With Dangote, Dantata Families by Deputy1111(m): 8:36pm On Nov 17, 2021
The late Alhaji Sani Dangote, the younger brother to Africa’s richest man, Alhaji Aliko Dangote, was not only a brother and friend but also a collaborator in some of the decisions taken by the Buhari administration, especially in the agricultural sector, according to Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, SAN.

Prof. Osinbajo stated this today in Kano during a condolence visit to the families of Dangote and Dantata over the passing of their son, brother, husband, and father. The VP's stops in Kano included family houses and the Emir's palace.

He was received this afternoon at the Mallam Aminu Kano International Airport by Kano State Governor Abdullahi Ganduje and accompanied on the visit by Mr Boss Mustapha, the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Senator Kabiru Gaya, Hon. Ado Doguwa and the Presidential Political Adviser, Senator Babafemi Ojudu.

The body of the deceased had earlier arrived in Kano and was buried after the funeral prayers at the Palace of the Emir of Kano.

Commiserating with the families of Dangote and Dantata, the Kano Emirate, and the people of the State at large, Prof. Osinbajo said the demise of the businessman was not just a loss to the deceased family and Kano State alone, but to the nation at large.

Speaking at the family house where he met Alhaji Aliko Dangote, the deceased’s wife Aisha, and other members of the family, the VP said “we are here to commiserate with you, the Federal Government already sent a delegation, they just left, but Sani was a good friend of mine, somebody I considered a collaborator.

“He was very instrumental in drawing up our tomato policy and there are several other agricultural policies that he was part of.

“He has left behind an excellent legacy; a man who was committed to his country, to his family, and committed to his people,” Prof. Osinbajo added.

Continuing, the VP said “It was a big shock for us that he had passed on. I want to extend my own personal condolence to you and other members of the family.

“This is a very sad event but I know that the Almighty God will comfort the family.”

Responding on behalf of the families of Dangote and Dantata, during the VP’s visit to his residence, Alhaji Aliko Dangote thanked the VP for coming and noted that the family is consoled by Prof. Osinbajo’s kind words and prayers.

While receiving the VP at his palace, the Emir of Kano, HRH, Aminu Ado Bayero, welcomed Prof. Osinbajo to the palace on the condolence visit, stating that his visit was yet another indication of his love for the State.

His words: “Sani's death is not only a loss to Kano State but a loss to all Nigerians especially the Vice President who has a long-standing relationship with the late Sani.

“I am sending my condolence to the family of late Alhaji and to the people of Kano State as a whole. The fact that the Vice President is here shows his relationship and his love for the people of Kano. You know your good friends in bad times and in good times,” the Emir added.

He then thanked both the Federal and State Governments for their efforts at improving the lives of the people through various development projects and pledged his support for the actualization of more laudable programmes.

Before leaving the palace, Prof. Osinbajo signed the condolence register, expressing his personal condolences on the demise of the late businessman.

Aside from the visit to the Emir’s palace, the VP also visited the widow of Sani Dangote, Aisha, the mother of the deceased, Hajia Mariya, and also paid a visit to the family house of the Dantatas, where he was received by the famous Nigerian businessman and philanthropist, Alhaji Aminu Dantata.

Laolu Akande
Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media & Publicity
Office of the Vice President
17th November 2021

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Condoles With Dangote, Dantata Families by okefranci: 8:40pm On Nov 17, 2021
kiss
Re: Osinbajo Condoles With Dangote, Dantata Families by UAE123(m): 8:46pm On Nov 17, 2021
Personally I just like & appreciate this man and the office he represent.

16 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Condoles With Dangote, Dantata Families by tiswell(m): 5:07am On Nov 18, 2021
Re: Osinbajo Condoles With Dangote, Dantata Families by Akwamkpuruamu: 5:07am On Nov 18, 2021
Commissioner for condolences and bereavement!!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Condoles With Dangote, Dantata Families by kalvoken(m): 5:07am On Nov 18, 2021
UAE123:
Personally I just like & appreciate this man and the office he represent.

You mean commissioner for condolences

14 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Condoles With Dangote, Dantata Families by Factfinder1(m): 5:08am On Nov 18, 2021
minister of visitations and condolences

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Condoles With Dangote, Dantata Families by Alf137: 5:08am On Nov 18, 2021
Mr my hands are tied.
Re: Osinbajo Condoles With Dangote, Dantata Families by TheRareGem1(f): 5:14am On Nov 18, 2021
Rip sanni dantata

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Condoles With Dangote, Dantata Families by Nahunger(m): 5:14am On Nov 18, 2021
Hmmm..
Please remember H.U.N.G.E.R.Y NIGERIANS IN YOUR CONSOLATION SPREE

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Condoles With Dangote, Dantata Families by Kelly2713(m): 5:14am On Nov 18, 2021
shocked
Re: Osinbajo Condoles With Dangote, Dantata Families by UAE123(m): 5:25am On Nov 18, 2021
kalvoken:

You mean commissioner for condolences Try to appreciate an individual and not all Nigerians will ever hold the office of the vice president. He moves about without hatred

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Condoles With Dangote, Dantata Families by abu12: 5:25am On Nov 18, 2021
Akwamkpuruamu:
Commissioner for condolences and bereavement!!

why is that you people are filled with hate

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Condoles With Dangote, Dantata Families by GboyegaD(m): 5:38am On Nov 18, 2021
May the soul of the deceased rest in peace.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Condoles With Dangote, Dantata Families by Caseless: 5:39am On Nov 18, 2021
TheRareGem1:
Rip sanni dantata
Dangote dai...
Re: Osinbajo Condoles With Dangote, Dantata Families by dogmart(m): 5:59am On Nov 18, 2021
abu12:

why is that you people are filled with hate
Where is the hate?
Re: Osinbajo Condoles With Dangote, Dantata Families by Virtplus(m): 6:57am On Nov 18, 2021
I don't see this man even better than Buhari, he is even going to be worst,,, sorry for those people still supporting this failure of a vp

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Condoles With Dangote, Dantata Families by Daniel7543: 7:33am On Nov 18, 2021
Danr10t:
Ok
Are your family members not tired of losing in life??

Can't you elevate them from poverty by giving them sure odds.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Condoles With Dangote, Dantata Families by Scottz: 7:43am On Nov 18, 2021
All these things no go still shake wicked politicians say na Wetin go end am one day no matter the wealth
Re: Osinbajo Condoles With Dangote, Dantata Families by kalvoken(m): 7:44am On Nov 18, 2021
UAE123:
Try to appreciate an individual and not all Nigerians will ever hold the office of the vice president. He moves about without hatred

Uturu gbagbuo gi there

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Condoles With Dangote, Dantata Families by Rexymania(m): 7:46am On Nov 18, 2021
Rich recognise rich. They said his death was felt by Nigerians...please exclude me and my family. Bcus I don't know him nor his family. What did they contribute to my life?
Re: Osinbajo Condoles With Dangote, Dantata Families by walefresh3(m): 7:56am On Nov 18, 2021
Rexymania:
Rich recognise rich. They said his death was felt by Nigerians...please exclude me and my family. Bcus I don't know him nor his family. What did they contribute to my life?
u get sence at all ?

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Condoles With Dangote, Dantata Families by Nobody: 7:57am On Nov 18, 2021
May Allah put his soul in jannah!!

Dangote.. mazajen pama!!! Allah ya ja da raii!!
Re: Osinbajo Condoles With Dangote, Dantata Families by slimghost(m): 8:16am On Nov 18, 2021
Has this fraud said anything yet about the LEKKI massacre report?. Or they tied his mouth too as they tied the hands?.
Re: Osinbajo Condoles With Dangote, Dantata Families by Godbless3(m): 8:42am On Nov 18, 2021
This is north, the president should have gone for the condolence visit as usual but there is something wrong and Osibanjo go instead.

Remember, during Yar' Adua illness (we all know he was dead) when he return to Nigeria, the rejected Goodluck (vice president/acting president) then from seeing the president.
If everything was ok with bubu, nah him for go pay this condolence.
But they have found a way to deal with Osibanjo, thats why.
Re: Osinbajo Condoles With Dangote, Dantata Families by RoyalBoutique(m): 8:43am On Nov 18, 2021
Rexymania:

Who said his death was felt by Nigerians?

That person dey craze ni?

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Condoles With Dangote, Dantata Families by Salisu19(m): 8:50am On Nov 18, 2021
I keep on saying this over and over again, when ever the politicians and the elites use the word"Nigerians"They're not referring to the Masses, they're referring to themselves and the elites,to them the poor(Masses) are not Nigerians.
Re: Osinbajo Condoles With Dangote, Dantata Families by Mkpurumiri: 8:58am On Nov 18, 2021
Salisu19:
I keep on saying this over and over again, when ever the politicians and the elites use the word"Nigerians"They're not referring to the Masses, they're referring to themselves and the elites,to them the poor(Masses) are not Nigerians.
Re: Osinbajo Condoles With Dangote, Dantata Families by Mkpurumiri: 8:59am On Nov 18, 2021
RoyalBoutique:

Who said his death was felt by Nigerians?

That person dey craze ni?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dogara To Tinubu: Don't Be A Mourner-in-chief, Stop The Killings Now / PDP Youths Asks Dokpesi To Return Alleged Loot / Call For Jonathan To Resign Laughable- IBB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.