Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,721 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:04 PM

How We’ll Govern Afghanistan – Taliban - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / How We’ll Govern Afghanistan – Taliban (43657 Views)

Afghanistan: Taliban Ban Women From University Education With Immediate Effect / Afghanistan: Taliban Tell Working Women To Stay At Home / US Signs Peace Deal With Afghanistan's Taliban After 18 Years Of War (2) (3) (4)

How We’ll Govern Afghanistan – Taliban by michigang: 11:10am On Aug 18, 2021
The Taliban said Tuesday that women’s rights will be protected in Afghanistan within the limits of Islamic law.

“The women are going to be very active in the society, but within the framework of Islam,” Zabihullah Mujahid, the group’s spokesperson said.

The Taliban held its first official news conference in Kabul, on Tuesday, since taking power on Sunday.

The group also said it wants peaceful relations with other countries.

“We don’t want any internal or external enemies,”
Al Jazeera quotes Mr Mujahid as saying while encouraging Afghans who had fled to the airport with their families to return.

He also said private media would be permitted to “remain independent” if journalists “did not work against national values.”

The group had earlier declared an “amnesty” across Afghanistan and urged women to join its government Al Jazeera reports that the Taliban is trying to calm nerves across a tense capital city that only the day before saw chaos at its airport as thousands made desperate attempts to flee.

On Tuesday, evacuation flights from Afghanistan resumed as a Western security official told the Reuters news agency that the Kabul airport’s tarmac and runway – which troops from the United States control – were now clear of crowds.

The official said military flights evacuating diplomats and civilians from Afghanistan have started taking off.

Not less than seven people died in Monday’s chaos, including people who clung to the sides of a jet as it took off.

The Taliban has declared the war in Afghanistan over and a senior leader said the group would wait until foreign forces had left before creating a new governance structure, Al Jazeera reports.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/479801-how-well-govern-afghanistan-taliban.html

Re: How We’ll Govern Afghanistan – Taliban by PUSSYHOE(m): 11:12am On Aug 18, 2021
Na una country, make una dey run am. Same as naija dey run things with corruption.

124 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How We’ll Govern Afghanistan – Taliban by Urbanchampion: 11:12am On Aug 18, 2021
This obsession with Afghanistan is becoming boring and irritating. Iran is an Islamic Republic and Iranians are doing better than most countries.

209 Likes 15 Shares

Re: How We’ll Govern Afghanistan – Taliban by Oluolad86(f): 11:13am On Aug 18, 2021
cry cryplease I need your financial help with spiritual help please

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How We’ll Govern Afghanistan – Taliban by FarahAideed: 11:19am On Aug 18, 2021
You are barbarians and you can only govern like the Barbarians you are

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How We’ll Govern Afghanistan – Taliban by ivolt: 11:41am On Aug 18, 2021
Urbanchampion:
Iran is an Islamic Republic and Iranians are doing better than most countries
Explain how they are doing better?

177 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How We’ll Govern Afghanistan – Taliban by Jerryherd: 1:04pm On Aug 18, 2021

Sharia law like every other laws is changing... UAE , Qatar and Saudi version are getting modernised but Kano State Sharia seem to be on reverse

306 Likes 18 Shares

Re: How We’ll Govern Afghanistan – Taliban by TheWolfen(m): 1:56pm On Aug 18, 2021
Okay heard they ban covid vaccine. That is one best decision they taken so far. Kudos to them

Re: How We’ll Govern Afghanistan – Taliban by TalkTalkTwins(m): 2:20pm On Aug 18, 2021
In a world where women like Chimamanda Adichie, Okonjo Iweala, Beyonce, Ellen Johnson Sirleaf and the others are making impacts...

...a certain religion is there telling woman not to go to school.

I hope in the later run, they'll join UAE and the others that have already seen the light

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: How We’ll Govern Afghanistan – Taliban by graphics101: 2:20pm On Aug 18, 2021

Lemme read it again.
Re: How We’ll Govern Afghanistan – Taliban by humilitypays(m): 2:20pm On Aug 18, 2021
Taliban should contact their terrorist brothers in Aso Rock, together with Pantami to give them a template they have been using to destroy Nigeria since 2015, which they have successfully applied in Gombe, Katsina, Borno, Plateau, Benue, Kaduna, Sokoto, etc angry angry

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How We’ll Govern Afghanistan – Taliban by Romanoff(f): 2:20pm On Aug 18, 2021
In Summary, they a re going back to the 12th century.

That's the biggest fear of Afghan women right now.

Re: How We’ll Govern Afghanistan – Taliban by falseprophet: 2:21pm On Aug 18, 2021
Afghanistan is not in any chaos, the streets are safer now than when America were running things.

Taliban is already offering amnesty to saboteurs and it can only get better from here.

Don't let western media fool you into thinking "Afghanistan have fallen"

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How We’ll Govern Afghanistan – Taliban by Image123(m): 2:21pm On Aug 18, 2021
Lamba the son of Lambert

Re: How We’ll Govern Afghanistan – Taliban by Enudapan: 2:21pm On Aug 18, 2021
Nah eh! No qualms
This is so unsophisticated

All this middle East religion
A cancer to the universe
Confused headslamers

Re: How We’ll Govern Afghanistan – Taliban by Amspecial: 2:21pm On Aug 18, 2021
Re: How We’ll Govern Afghanistan – Taliban by ultimatebas(m): 2:21pm On Aug 18, 2021
Urbanchampion:
Iran is an Islamic Republic and Iranians are doing better than most countries

NOT TRUE

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: How We’ll Govern Afghanistan – Taliban by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:21pm On Aug 18, 2021
“The women are going to be very active in the society, but within the framework of Islam,” Zabihullah Mujahid, the group’s spokesperson said.

The Taliban held its first official news conference in Kabul, on Tuesday, since taking power on Sunday.

The group also said it wants peaceful relations with other countries.

“We don’t want any internal or external enemies,” Al Jazeera quotes Mr Mujahid as saying while encouraging Afghans who had fled to the airport with their families to return.

He also said private media would be permitted to “remain independent” if journalists “did not work against national values.”
Sounds very good to the ears..... on paper.
The whole world is watching �

We pray the fear of this young girl below will not materialize.

An Afghan woman in Kabul: ‘Now I have to burn everything I achieved’
A university student tells of seeing all around her the ‘fearful faces of women and ugly faces of men who hate women:
This is just so sad and pitiful.
A 17 year old high school student in Kabul, Afghanistan’s war-scarred capital, worries that she now will not be allowed to graduate.
The girl keeps asking the same question: What will happen to me?

The American withdrawal, which effectively ends the longest war on foreign soil in United States history, is also likely to be the start of another difficult chapter for Afghanistan’s people.

“I am so worried about my future. It seems so murky. If the Taliban take over, I lose my identity, she says“.
It is about my existence. It is not about their withdrawal. I was born in 2004, and I have no idea what the Taliban did to women, but I know women were banned from everything.”

We pray things really ends well with her and her likes in that country

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How We’ll Govern Afghanistan – Taliban by silvoclaira: 2:21pm On Aug 18, 2021
sad What good can come out of terrorist?? Only the name "TALIBAN" sef dey make my BP high

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How We’ll Govern Afghanistan – Taliban by hihilil(m): 2:21pm On Aug 18, 2021
Alright

Re: How We’ll Govern Afghanistan – Taliban by cashlurd(m): 2:21pm On Aug 18, 2021
H
Re: How We’ll Govern Afghanistan – Taliban by UncleKoboko: 2:21pm On Aug 18, 2021

GOOD FOR THEM

ISRAEL and many other countries too is ran the way the country men want to run it.
Re: How We’ll Govern Afghanistan – Taliban by Jesuschristus: 2:21pm On Aug 18, 2021
If they practice the kind of shariah in saudi,they won't have problem, because saudi is a major ally of America
Re: How We’ll Govern Afghanistan – Taliban by SportsHD: 2:22pm On Aug 18, 2021
Long live the caliphate
Re: How We’ll Govern Afghanistan – Taliban by Nobody: 2:22pm On Aug 18, 2021
Abeg who dis guy resemble. Talk truth o

Re: How We’ll Govern Afghanistan – Taliban by 1Sharon(f): 2:22pm On Aug 18, 2021
Get ready to be islam'd.

Burundi President Pierre Nkurunziza Dies Of Heart Attack At 55 / ISIS Claims Responsibility For Sri Lanka Bombings: Shows Pictures Of Attackers / Trump Reacts To Rapper ASAP Rocky’s Release From Jail .