Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,220 members, 7,829,364 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:11 AM

How We’ll Govern Afghanistan – Taliban - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / How We’ll Govern Afghanistan – Taliban (43680 Views)

Afghanistan: Taliban Ban Women From University Education With Immediate Effect / Afghanistan: Taliban Tell Working Women To Stay At Home / US Signs Peace Deal With Afghanistan's Taliban After 18 Years Of War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How We’ll Govern Afghanistan – Taliban by tishbite41(m): 4:21pm On Aug 18, 2021
positivevibez:
Abeg who dis guy resemble. Talk truth o
Lol

Your head no correct
Re: How We’ll Govern Afghanistan – Taliban by Litmus: 4:42pm On Aug 18, 2021
I’m ashamed to admit that among my top ten questions while looking at unfolding events in Afghanistan on TV is, "who the hell fixes Afghan roads, they look so nice, and how is it that after 20 years of conflict, Afghan streets and towns still looks cleaner, tidier and more liveable than our Nigerian rubbish and trampish structures festooned ones?’ undecided

4 Likes

Re: How We’ll Govern Afghanistan – Taliban by ivolt: 4:45pm On Aug 18, 2021
Ayomi4u2:
[/quote]

[quote author=alabisulaiman31 post=104929275]

Explain how Nigeria is doing better a democratic republic? Nonsense

olaitan9291:

Make a research and find out by yourself

I suppose you guys can't come up with anything.
I won't repeat myself, check my second comment on this thread to see some few points.

https://www.nairaland.com/6707953/how-well-govern-afghanistan-taliban/2#104926500
Re: How We’ll Govern Afghanistan – Taliban by samonak(m): 4:45pm On Aug 18, 2021
Patrioticman007:

That Iran is a nuclear power country.
Not yet, they've not produced any weapon with nuclear capability yet, though they have a nuclear development project currently ongoing.
Re: How We’ll Govern Afghanistan – Taliban by Zane2point4(m): 4:46pm On Aug 18, 2021
TalkTalkTwins:
In a world where women like Chimamanda Adichie, Okonjo Iweala, Beyonce, Ellen Johnson Sirleaf and the others are making impacts...

...a certain religion is there telling woman not to go to school.

I hope in the later run, they'll join UAE and the others that have already seen the light
Remove adiche from that list she's a confushunist and bitter woman pls.
Re: How We’ll Govern Afghanistan – Taliban by Zane2point4(m): 4:48pm On Aug 18, 2021
falseprophet:
Afghanistan is not in any chaos, the streets are safer now than when America were running things.

Taliban is already offering amnesty to saboteurs and it can only get better from here.

Don't let western media fool you into thinking "Afghanistan have fallen"
Calm down, its still very early to judge blc youre not wearing the shoe..
You might be someone at home now wearing your jeans relaxing with your woman and drinking beer...

Go try am for Afghanistan make dem cut your two hands join., the worst democracy is still better than that totalitarian rule.
Re: How We’ll Govern Afghanistan – Taliban by Jerryherd: 4:54pm On Aug 18, 2021
ivolt:

Explain how they are doing better?

Free Electricity, gas and water. For all citizens

GDP per capita of over 5000 USD

Self home grown nuclear technology development

Some of the best University and colleges

14th best military in the world
Re: How We’ll Govern Afghanistan – Taliban by Razaneli(m): 4:55pm On Aug 18, 2021
1Sharon:
Get ready to be islam'd.

One bros Wey turn water to wine.....abi na my eyes
Re: How We’ll Govern Afghanistan – Taliban by Razaneli(m): 4:57pm On Aug 18, 2021
positivevibez:

One bros wen turn water to wine.....abi na my eyes ?
Re: How We’ll Govern Afghanistan – Taliban by tradepunter: 5:02pm On Aug 18, 2021
falseprophet:
Afghanistan is not in any chaos, the streets are safer now than when America were running things.

Taliban is already offering amnesty to saboteurs and it can only get better from here.

Did you hear what the british defense ministry say??

Or you just ignorant and want to paint the west bad.

Didn't you hear that things are peaceful and the british forces in afghanistan are working peaceful with the taliban to evacuate their citizens?

Your agenda have failed because you love twisting things.
Re: How We’ll Govern Afghanistan – Taliban by themanderon: 5:05pm On Aug 18, 2021
Ak47 loving killers.
Re: How We’ll Govern Afghanistan – Taliban by ivolt: 5:10pm On Aug 18, 2021
Jerryherd:

Free Electricity, gas and water. For all citizens
Misleading.
The plan announced in september 2020 is in response to Covid-19 and for "poor household" only not all citizens.
There is no evidence that it has been fully implemented.

GDP per capita of over 5000 USD
Oil dependent economy 20% of the total as against Nigeria's 9%.
High unemployment 11% vs Nigeria's 9%
$1 = Irans 50,000 rials vs $1 = #500

Iran imports 30% of the economy vs Nigeria's 19%.

Imagine what the country will look like if its economy is compared against more stable middle income country? grin

Self home grown nuclear technology development
Russian bought and sustained nuclear tech that anyone with money can buy.

Some of the best University and colleges
The universities survived the onslaught of the Islamic regime.
BTW, the product of those colleges are in massive brain-drain away from the alleged "better" country
where they can get free things.
Re: How We’ll Govern Afghanistan – Taliban by Jerryherd: 5:17pm On Aug 18, 2021
ivolt:

Misleading.
The plan announced in september 2020 is in response to Covid-19 and for "poor household" only not all citizens.
There is no evidence that it has been fully implemented.

Oil dependent economy 20% of the total as against Nigeria's 9%.
High unemployment 11% vs Nigeria's 9%
$1 = Irans 50,000 rials vs $1 = #500

Iran imports 30% of the economy vs Nigeria's 19%.

Imagine what the country will look like if its economy is compared against more stable middle income country? grin

Russian bought and sustained nuclear tech that anyone with money can buy.

The universities survived the onslaught of the Islamic regime.
BTW, the product of those colleges are in massive brain-drain away from the alleged "better" country
where they can get free things.

Iran poverty rate 14%

Iran unemployment rate 11%

Iran is a Upper middle income country

Iran's manufacturing industry are top notch even with all useless western sanctions
Re: How We’ll Govern Afghanistan – Taliban by hihilil(m): 5:37pm On Aug 18, 2021
BeardedMeat:
Where's your shop?

Rivers State
Re: How We’ll Govern Afghanistan – Taliban by BeardedMeat(m): 5:46pm On Aug 18, 2021
hihilil:

Rivers State
Ok. Thought you were in Lagos
Re: How We’ll Govern Afghanistan – Taliban by excel101(m): 5:53pm On Aug 18, 2021
Where are the husbands of these women? Women in Naija, you can now see how a war situation is, everybody to him tent "O" Israel. The one that once proclaimed his love for, would leave you behind in such situation.
Re: How We’ll Govern Afghanistan – Taliban by Danjikanbauchi: 5:58pm On Aug 18, 2021
Urbanchampion:
This obsession with Afghanistan is becoming boring and irritating. Iran is an Islamic Republic and Iranians are doing better than most countries.
which Iran sir ? The one I just came back from last month 15th of July.

Please I will rather stay in Afghanistan with Talibans than in Iran. Not to talk of this new president that carry Islam for head.
Re: How We’ll Govern Afghanistan – Taliban by Iliya1520: 6:00pm On Aug 18, 2021
It look like feminism no go work in afghan.
Re: How We’ll Govern Afghanistan – Taliban by grandstar(m): 6:17pm On Aug 18, 2021
Jerryherd:
cool

Sharia law like every other laws is changing... UAE , Qatar and Saudi version are getting modernised but Kano State Sharia seem to be on reverse

Oil modernized these countries and not Sharia

1 Like

Re: How We’ll Govern Afghanistan – Taliban by kjhova(m): 6:19pm On Aug 18, 2021
ivolt:

Explain how they are doing better?

I feel like I can help @Urbanchampion with an answer here, with a little less vitriol.

Irrespective of the global media presentation of Iran as a dictatorship of sort, Iran remains one of the functional democracies of Western Asia. Several credible elections have taken place since 1980 and power has exchanged hands severally without much hassles.

Iranians are among the most educated Western Asians and Iranian women do have more rights and freedoms than women in even places like Saudi Arabia until quite recently.

The main challenge with Iran is the static economic growth, which has been the result of perpetual US enforced sanctions on the country since 1979 (42 years ago)!!!

While many people across the globe may have issues with Iran being an "Islamic Republic" under overbearing influence of the Ayatollahs, it remains a somewhat "liberal" society in comparison to many of its neighbours.
Re: How We’ll Govern Afghanistan – Taliban by Urbanchampion: 6:32pm On Aug 18, 2021
kjhova:

I feel like I can help @Urbanchampion with an answer here, with a little less vitriol.

Irrespective of the global media presentation of Iran as a dictatorship of sort, Iran remains one of the functional democracies of Western Asia. Several credible elections have taken place since 1980 and power has exchanged hands severally without much hassles.

Iranians are among the most educated Western Asians and Iranian women do have more rights and freedoms than women in even places like Saudi Arabia until quite recently.

The main challenge with Iran is the static economic growth, which has been the result of perpetual US enforced sanctions on the country since 1979 (42 years ago)!!!

While many people across the globe may have issues with Iran being an "Islamic Republic" under overbearing influence of the Ayatollahs, it remains a somewhat "liberal" society in comparison to many of its neighbours.

Thanks for your efforts and the "help". However, I owe nobody any explanation.
Re: How We’ll Govern Afghanistan – Taliban by ivolt: 6:41pm On Aug 18, 2021
kjhova:

Credible elections can only happen in a free society.
Power has never really changed hands, the Ayatollah via revolutionary guard controls every major decision.
Those "elections" are illusions of choice.

That is not how you discuss rights.
Rights of people is compared with their past not their neighbors.
Assuming Cameroon usually kill off all its opposition politicians, that doesn't give Nigeria
the right to start jailing all opposition and saying we are better than Cameroon.

The sanction blame game again.

That is irrelevant as I have stated above.

Moreover, the "liberal" Iran have hundreds in jail for religious conversion, they also have higher executions
than they have in the past and much more than their neighbors.
Re: How We’ll Govern Afghanistan – Taliban by Gfskw: 6:58pm On Aug 18, 2021
Hmmm
Re: How We’ll Govern Afghanistan – Taliban by Amanda4life: 7:39pm On Aug 18, 2021
GOOD FOR THEM.

MOST OF THEM WERE AGAINST EX ISRELI PRIME MINISTER, AND TRUMP.

THEY FAILED TO REALISE THAT PRESENCE OF TRUMP AND FORMER ISREALI PRIME
MINISTER NETAHU BRINGS HUGE FEAR to this terrorist.

LET THEM ENJOY IT
Re: How We’ll Govern Afghanistan – Taliban by godliman: 7:44pm On Aug 18, 2021
falseprophet:

You are truly a false prophet
Re: How We’ll Govern Afghanistan – Taliban by oxiide22(m): 7:51pm On Aug 18, 2021
positivevibez:
Jesus
Re: How We’ll Govern Afghanistan – Taliban by Ajibade123(m): 8:36pm On Aug 18, 2021
Urbanchampion:
This obsession with Afghanistan is becoming boring and irritating. Iran is an Islamic Republic and Iranians are doing better than most countries.
at least be doing small small research
how is Iran better??
Re: How We’ll Govern Afghanistan – Taliban by Horlarwaileh(m): 9:07pm On Aug 18, 2021
Jerryherd:
cool

Sharia law like every other laws is changing... UAE , Qatar and Saudi version are getting modernised but Kano State Sharia seem to be on reverse

There's nothing to modernize in sharia law but they are practising their sharia according to islam laid it unlike some other country that have transgress.
Re: How We’ll Govern Afghanistan – Taliban by Dybala11(m): 9:13pm On Aug 18, 2021
falseprophet:

Really? grin
Re: How We’ll Govern Afghanistan – Taliban by kjhova(m): 9:20pm On Aug 18, 2021
ivolt:

Credible elections can only happen in a free society.
Power has never really changed hands, the Ayatollah via revolutionary guard controls every major decision.
Those "elections" are illusions of choice.

That is not how you discuss rights.
Rights of people is compared with their past not their neighbors.
Assuming Cameroon usually kill off all its opposition politicians, that doesn't give Nigeria
the right to start jailing all opposition and saying we are better than Cameroon.

The sanction blame game again.

That is irrelevant as I have stated above.

Moreover, the "liberal" Iran have hundreds in jail for religious conversion, they also have higher executions
than they have in the past and much more than their neighbors.

Iran is a 4,000 years old nation. Which of its past do you refer? The Chaldean, Medean, Persian antiquity? Or the golden age Islamic caliphate of the Avicena era? Or the Ottoman, British colonial or modern pre-revolution era?

However controlled you may feel Iran's democracy is, it is still a democracy if compared to S/Arabia, UAE, Qatar, Oman, Iraq, Syria etc. around her.

As for jailing religious deviants, I'd be impressed to see the stats you have for this. Iran is liberal in this regard compared to many of the MENA countries, from Libya all the way east to Iraq!
Re: How We’ll Govern Afghanistan – Taliban by Panda7(m): 12:20am On Aug 19, 2021
Talibobos
I see supremacy and ruggedity is their watch word but they should take it easy and never underated the effects of quality education

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Moscow Terrorist Appears In Court On A Stretcher After "Interrogation" (Pix,Vid) / The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya / Jihadists Kill Male Christians In Niger Republic Towns, Women Flee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.