Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,140 members, 7,860,094 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 04:57 AM

54 Soldiers Jailed For Demanding Better Arms, Regain Freedom After 7 Years - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 54 Soldiers Jailed For Demanding Better Arms, Regain Freedom After 7 Years (36432 Views)

PRESIDENTIAL PARDON: INCLUDE 54 SOLDIERS AMONG BENEFICIARIES – MURIC / Punch Headline: 'We Need Better Arms To Fight Boko Haram', Military Commanders / Why Buhari Should Pardon Soldiers Jailed For Refusing To Fight Boko Haram –MURIC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 54 Soldiers Jailed For Demanding Better Arms, Regain Freedom After 7 Years by IPIGSRSHALLOW: 11:39am On Aug 18, 2021
ugochukwufrenzy:
2014... meaning it was in the era of GEJ....
well...

They were locked up by Jona-daft, I'm sure Renomonkey will not see this news today.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 54 Soldiers Jailed For Demanding Better Arms, Regain Freedom After 7 Years by Nobody: 11:40am On Aug 18, 2021
Welcome to freedom and the arms were probably sold
To the bandits they were fighting Nigeria when we will do our people right and just .
Re: 54 Soldiers Jailed For Demanding Better Arms, Regain Freedom After 7 Years by IPIGSRSHALLOW: 11:40am On Aug 18, 2021
[[s]quote author=jerrybabasam post=104920246]This was one of the reasons people faulted the government of President Jonathan, but it is clear that GEJ is far better than Buhari.[/quote][/s]

Rubbish trash, making excuses as usual.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 54 Soldiers Jailed For Demanding Better Arms, Regain Freedom After 7 Years by okonyia(m): 11:41am On Aug 18, 2021
Good one. It unfortunate that they went through this for serving the nation.
Re: 54 Soldiers Jailed For Demanding Better Arms, Regain Freedom After 7 Years by IPIGSRSHALLOW: 11:41am On Aug 18, 2021
Ochelyko1:
U see the hypocrite and stupidity of the Nigeria Army, how can u arrest and jail them for 7years for what crime? Simply because they ask for better arms and ammunition to fight Boko Haram! And yet you people are releasing the same Boko Haram that have killed many lives and destroyed properties. Render peoples homeless and fatherless, motherless and the rest!

And we are saying one NIGERIA? God purnish those who still think this country is one. May their family be scattered and broken as Nigeria is scattered and broken.

Go and ask Jonathan, he locked them up.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 54 Soldiers Jailed For Demanding Better Arms, Regain Freedom After 7 Years by Selfmotivated: 11:41am On Aug 18, 2021
But, who curse this country, for demanding good weapons that's their offence.

1 Like

Re: 54 Soldiers Jailed For Demanding Better Arms, Regain Freedom After 7 Years by cbrezy(m): 11:43am On Aug 18, 2021
solidmyk:
Mr Falana deserves some award abeg
People needs to be celebrated when they're still alive Mr Falana included, I'm just pissed with people's hypocrisy of celebrating the dead in this country, when it comes to humanity, human rights included this man has always proved to be a model.
Congrats to the released men.

I knew about this honourable man "Mr Falana" recently when I watched an old video of him in the court interrogating the chief of security in the case of Abiola's death, this man was very bright and tactical he was so smart and very perfect in his profession and I made research about him and discovered that he's the father of "Falz (The bad guy)" smiley

1 Like

Re: 54 Soldiers Jailed For Demanding Better Arms, Regain Freedom After 7 Years by barcaboi(m): 11:44am On Aug 18, 2021
ugochukwufrenzy:
2014... meaning it was in the era of GEJ....
well...
Exactly; they got fair hearing after GEJ left

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 54 Soldiers Jailed For Demanding Better Arms, Regain Freedom After 7 Years by IPIGSRSHALLOW: 11:44am On Aug 18, 2021
One of many many crimes against humanity under the incompetent buffoon Jona-daft.
But rest assured that Renomonkey, pdp goons and their slaves in the SADEAST will not see this news to comment on. Instead they will still blame Buhari for not releasing them long time ago.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 54 Soldiers Jailed For Demanding Better Arms, Regain Freedom After 7 Years by Foreigna2: 11:45am On Aug 18, 2021
Sentenced to death for demanding weapons to fight Boko Haram. Meanwhile, the army is integrating Boko haram into the military.

Jonathan is a bastard

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 54 Soldiers Jailed For Demanding Better Arms, Regain Freedom After 7 Years by ghettochild(m): 11:45am On Aug 18, 2021
These lots will never serve Nigeria again
They shd sure the NA n get their pay n go live happy with their families..
Nigeria can burn for all they care..
They have paid their prices
Re: 54 Soldiers Jailed For Demanding Better Arms, Regain Freedom After 7 Years by brainhgeek(m): 11:45am On Aug 18, 2021
Nija.....the story so far.

1 Like

Re: 54 Soldiers Jailed For Demanding Better Arms, Regain Freedom After 7 Years by barcaboi(m): 11:48am On Aug 18, 2021
udemzyudex:

Continue trying to justify nonsense ewu.

I thought this government took over in other to correct the wrong of the former government?
They were supposed to be sentenced to death during GEJ; PMB service chiefs commuted it to that 7years. Isn’t that a better option?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 54 Soldiers Jailed For Demanding Better Arms, Regain Freedom After 7 Years by FourElements: 11:49am On Aug 18, 2021
falseprophet:
Boko haram are getting forgiveness while soldiers are sent to jail.

I see Nigerian soldiers sabotaging our territorial integrity if this injustice continues

This I have seen!
Sabotage?? Some fulani terrorists sympathisers in the military are already doing that..
Re: 54 Soldiers Jailed For Demanding Better Arms, Regain Freedom After 7 Years by 24brains(m): 11:49am On Aug 18, 2021
so All those years i pledge to Nigeria my country to defend her unity and uphold her honor and glory are in vain? Does nigeria have glory neither honor anymore?
Re: 54 Soldiers Jailed For Demanding Better Arms, Regain Freedom After 7 Years by uthlaw: 11:52am On Aug 18, 2021
Yeeyo:
Imaging a country u speak the truth u will jail or get kill buhari is a failure.
na during jonathan tenure!
Re: 54 Soldiers Jailed For Demanding Better Arms, Regain Freedom After 7 Years by od501: 11:52am On Aug 18, 2021
lalasticlala:

http://saharareporters.com/2021/08/17/54-nigerian-soldiers-jailed-demanding-better-arms-regain-freedom-after-seven-years

These ones still never get sense ni. You are ready to still serve same people that wants to kill you?! Do this people even think at all?! Somebody should go and update them ASAP before they go and kill themselves for nothing. Black man no get sense aswear!!
Re: 54 Soldiers Jailed For Demanding Better Arms, Regain Freedom After 7 Years by greenguy: 11:53am On Aug 18, 2021
I love Nigeria.
Re: 54 Soldiers Jailed For Demanding Better Arms, Regain Freedom After 7 Years by Stankovic22: 11:54am On Aug 18, 2021
Foolish men... A country that court marshalled you and kept you for dead is the same country you are begging to reinstate you to the same job that almost cost you your life
Re: 54 Soldiers Jailed For Demanding Better Arms, Regain Freedom After 7 Years by OrdinaryNigeria(m): 11:57am On Aug 18, 2021
Look at the convicted felas, very few king markers.

If its list for good thing, u will see them names everywhere.

Am advocate for equitable distribution of good jobs and penalties
Re: 54 Soldiers Jailed For Demanding Better Arms, Regain Freedom After 7 Years by WATCHMANX: 11:57am On Aug 18, 2021
These soldiers should go back to their regions and be prepared to defend their people against the Jihad/genocide being planned by the terrorist fulanis...
Re: 54 Soldiers Jailed For Demanding Better Arms, Regain Freedom After 7 Years by Babaibeji2020(m): 11:58am On Aug 18, 2021
It's a pity they wanted to serve their fatherland as patriots but they were jailed. Now that they have been set free,they will serve Nigerians, not Nigeria from the other side of the bridge, not as patriots but vagabonds undecided
Really pathetic

Re: 54 Soldiers Jailed For Demanding Better Arms, Regain Freedom After 7 Years by Nobody: 11:59am On Aug 18, 2021
IPIGSRSHALLOW:
One of many many crimes against humanity under the incompetent buffoon Jona-daft.
But rest assured that Renomonkey, pdp goons and their slaves in the SADEAST will not see this news to comment on. Instead they will still blame Buhari for not releasing them long time ago.

And yet under your beloved Buhari things havent improved much

GEJ was voted out for change. Change that hasn't happened

And no I am.no secessionist
Re: 54 Soldiers Jailed For Demanding Better Arms, Regain Freedom After 7 Years by Anaerobi(m): 12:00pm On Aug 18, 2021
Congratulations to them

Thanks Falana

1 Like

Re: 54 Soldiers Jailed For Demanding Better Arms, Regain Freedom After 7 Years by harsysky(m): 12:01pm On Aug 18, 2021
Both GEJ and Buhari aren't good leaders. Being democratic, as the case of GEJ, doesn't make one a good leader. In a saner clime, both leaders should be jailed for life.
Re: 54 Soldiers Jailed For Demanding Better Arms, Regain Freedom After 7 Years by naturefellow(m): 12:02pm On Aug 18, 2021
Shapoodee:
Gee
get sense now. No be every kind thread dem dey do advert. Identify your market and target it.
Re: 54 Soldiers Jailed For Demanding Better Arms, Regain Freedom After 7 Years by techWriter1: 12:03pm On Aug 18, 2021
2014... phrase it disciplined in the advent of GEJ....well...
Re: 54 Soldiers Jailed For Demanding Better Arms, Regain Freedom After 7 Years by harsysky(m): 12:04pm On Aug 18, 2021
Stankovic22:
Foolish men... A country that court marshalled you and kept you for dead is the same country you are begging to reinstate you to the same job that almost cost you your life

That's their only means of livelihood for now. They've got families to feed. Poverty can lead one to swallow back their vomits just to survive.
Re: 54 Soldiers Jailed For Demanding Better Arms, Regain Freedom After 7 Years by Babaibeji2020(m): 12:05pm On Aug 18, 2021
Beancounter94:

And yet under your beloved Buhari things havent improved much

GEJ was voted out for change. Change that hasn't happened

And no I am.no secessionist
Who said change has not happened angry
We have glaring NEGATIVE changes dude!

Re: 54 Soldiers Jailed For Demanding Better Arms, Regain Freedom After 7 Years by AntiBeEmCe(m): 12:08pm On Aug 18, 2021
But for Falana, many innocent people would have died in prison for no just cause. He's a good man in a terribly rotten country.
Re: 54 Soldiers Jailed For Demanding Better Arms, Regain Freedom After 7 Years by mfm04622: 12:10pm On Aug 18, 2021
All of you talking, you don't know anything!
1. This happened in 2014, under GEJ
2. They know the consequences of refusing order when they were soldiers. Forget any nonsense Falana is saying. Refusing any order from your superior is mutiny, the punishment for mutiny is death! No long story! That is the law

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Binta Garba And Idris Ahmed Fight Over APC Senatorial Ticket (VIDEO) / How Atiku Will Zone Offices If Elected President – Gbenga Daniel / "I Am Shocked, I Am Disappointed And I Am Disgusted. It Was Wrong"- Oshiomhole

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.