Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:51 AM

Alamieyeseigha Bundled Back For Meeting With Abubakar Atiku In Dubai - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alamieyeseigha Bundled Back For Meeting With Abubakar Atiku In Dubai (3161 Views)

Osinbajo, Tinubu, Saraki, Atiku In A Meeting / Anxiety Mounts As Buhari Keeps Tinubu, Atiku In The Dark Over New Cabinet / Tinubu And Atiku In Closed-Door Meeting Over Buhari’s Victory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alamieyeseigha Bundled Back For Meeting With Abubakar Atiku In Dubai by BigB11(m): 2:26pm On Jul 19, 2007
Alamieyeseigha bundled back for meeting with Abubakar Atiku in Dubai

ECONOMIC and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) may have bundled the ailing former governor of Bayelsa State, Chief Diepreye Solomon Peter Alamieyeseigha from a Dubai hospital in the United Arab Emirate (UAE) to Lagos on Tuesday over alleged security breach.

Daily Champion learnt that the security breach was anchored on alleged visit of former Vice President Atiku Abubakar to Alamieyeseigha in UAE recently.

One of Alamieyeseigha’s counsel, Chief Mike Ozekhome confirmed the return of his client from UAE but maintained that he did not breach any security. He said he was not aware of Atiku’s visit.

Also reacting, National Publicity Secretary of the Action Congress (AC), Alhaji Lai Mohammed, said even if Atiku had met Alamieyeseigha in Dubai recently, "it does not amount to security breach."

He, however, said he was not aware of the visit, adding that "condemned prisoners have visiting right."

According to him, if Atiku had visited the ex-governor, it would be ridiculous to describe such a visit as security breach.

"I don’t have the facts, I don’t know the bail conditions. If a man is abroad and is sick, I find it extremely strange for him not to receive visitors," Mohammed said.

Several calls to EFCC spokesman, Mr Osita Nwajah by Daily Champion as at 11.10 p.m. yesterday were not okayed.

It was further learnt that EFCC may force Alamieyeseigha to appear in court today in continuation of his trial for alleged money laundering.

A relation of Alamieyeseigha’s who does not want his name in print told our reporter last night that the former governor still has an unidentified foreign object in his body and that he was not well before being bundled back to Nigeria from UAE.

He said the alleged maltreatment of Alamieyeseigha would be resisted as the EFCC has no right to forcefully discharge the former governor from the hospital without a doctor’s permission.

Following the deteriorating health of Alamieyeseigha, a Federal High Court Lagos ordered the EFCC to allow the former governor to seek medical treatment abroad.

He subsequently travelled to Dubai last month and was said to be responding to treatment.

It would be recalled that Alamieyeseigha was impeached by the state House of Assembly for jumping bail in London on December 12, 2005.

He was consequently handcuffed and arraigned on December 21, 2005 before a Federal High Court Lagos on 40-count charge of money laundering filed by EFCC.

Among the allegations preferred against him in the charges dated December 19, 2005, was that himself and a company, Solomon & Peters Ltd, between October 1999 and December 2003, converted £241 million (N60.7billion) from Lagos to London to buy the properties at a Flat 202 Jubilee Heights, Shoot Uphill London NW23 UQ.

Seven other companies that are to be tried alongside Alamieyeseigha are, Solomon & Peters Ltd, Santolina Investment Corporation, Pesol Nigeria Ltd, Salomein and Associates (Nig) Ltd., Kpedefa Nigeria Ltd, Jetty Properties Ltd and Herbage Global Services Ltd.

Alamieyeseigha and Herbage Global Services Ltd were also alleged to have between January 2005 and September 2005, in the Lagos judicial division of the Federal High Court, converted the sum of N1.5billion to buy a property known as Chelsea Hotel, Abuja

http://odili.net/news/source/2007/jul/19/599.html
Re: Alamieyeseigha Bundled Back For Meeting With Abubakar Atiku In Dubai by Mamajama(m): 2:30pm On Jul 19, 2007
Chelsea hotel is less than a 2 star hotel in my view, I'm not sure if that property is worth that price
BIGB1 he meet with a high ranking Nigerian official, the evidence that it was ATIKU is inconclusive. When will RIBADU go after ADENUGA, BABANGIDA and you? and where is Muhammed? I thought he was contesting for a governorship post in Minner?
Re: Alamieyeseigha Bundled Back For Meeting With Abubakar Atiku In Dubai by BigB11(m): 2:33pm On Jul 19, 2007
Absolutely rubbish!

Yes, the man is corrupt and should pay, but I do not see anything wrong with him having a visitor; even "condemned prisoners have visiting right.
If we want this war against corruption to go on smoothly and to be successful, we must be fair, civilized, respect the constitution, respect the citizens and embrace perfection through out the process.

There is no room for unnecessary mistakes.
Re: Alamieyeseigha Bundled Back For Meeting With Abubakar Atiku In Dubai by BigB11(m): 2:34pm On Jul 19, 2007
Posted by MAMAJAMA:
Chelsea hotel is less than a 2 star hotel in my view, I'm not sure if that property is worth that price
BIGB1 he meet with a high ranking Nigerian official, the evidence that it was ATIKU is inconclusive. When will RIBADU go after ADENUGA, BABANGIDA and you? and where is Muhammed? I thought he was contesting for a governorship post in Minner?

MAMAJAMA:
Pay attention to the topic.
Re: Alamieyeseigha Bundled Back For Meeting With Abubakar Atiku In Dubai by BigB11(m): 2:40pm On Jul 19, 2007
It doesn't matter who he met.
Atiku is the former vice president and his friend, what is wrong with that?

MAMAJAMA: just watch, because what goes around also comes around.
Who is going to visit EHINDERO (in KIRIKIRI) as soon as the relocation process is completed?

We shall see.

Keep in mind that EHINDERO is not off the hook yet; he's still one of these criminals and I will prove it with time.

Do not think we forgot, his time is around the corner; for now, let's deal with the big fish, we will definitely return back to the rats e.g EHINDERO and his low life boys
Re: Alamieyeseigha Bundled Back For Meeting With Abubakar Atiku In Dubai by Mamajama(m): 2:50pm On Jul 19, 2007
DUDE when will you open your eyes and stop reading between the lines? of course I don't expect any intelligent reasoning from a guy that went to alimajiri school and AMADU BELLO university. ALAM was not in Nigerian when he received the visitor, so Nigerian law does not apply to him. You don't know what condition were agreed upon before they send him to Dubai do you? EHINDERO is a distinguished police officer that served Nigerian police for 35 years with integrity. One of his student is NUHU RIBADU, check the facts, and RIBADU is displaying the character that was instill in him by his teacher EHindero in police staff college IKEJA and BUKURU jos. Boy go drink BURUKUTU before you try to enlighten us about this patriotic speech of yours. why is your dad and brother Muhammad not in jail? simple we can't find ADENUGA
Re: Alamieyeseigha Bundled Back For Meeting With Abubakar Atiku In Dubai by BigB11(m): 3:09pm On Jul 19, 2007
Stop fooling yourself, it is common sense; a sick individual should be allowed to have visitors.

Could you please display the constitution of Dubai that states that an arrested sick individual is not permitted to have visitors?

Or

Display the conditions of his medical visit to Dubai?

Keep in mind that ALAMS has not been found guilty of any crime.

Trust me, if we want the war against corruption to be successful, we must be very careful or else it will all go down as the same old story.
Re: Alamieyeseigha Bundled Back For Meeting With Abubakar Atiku In Dubai by Mariory(m): 3:16pm On Jul 19, 2007
Big B1 vs Mamajama - Always an entertaining experience. grin
Re: Alamieyeseigha Bundled Back For Meeting With Abubakar Atiku In Dubai by angel101(f): 3:30pm On Jul 19, 2007
Mariory:

Big B1 vs Mamajama - Always an entertaining experience. grin

I swear grin
Re: Alamieyeseigha Bundled Back For Meeting With Abubakar Atiku In Dubai by McKren(m): 3:38pm On Jul 19, 2007
THE SPIN DOCTORS ARE AT IT AGAIN

In the words of Lai Mohamed lies the untold truth, and it reads
"I don’t have the facts, I don’t know the bail conditions. If a man is abroad and is sick, I find it extremely strange for him not to receive visitors," Muhammad said.

Those are the kind of words you hear from politicians when they want to be economical with the truth.

Alams whether sick or healthy is in EFCC custody, at least his visa to dubai was aquired by the EFCC. So it is important that whoever visits a man in Custody obtains clearance from the authorities. It does not matter whether he was UN Secretary General. If he goes on to see the man in custody without permission it ammounts to security breach.

There is no need for propaganda or playing politics with the truth.

The second question that needs to be answered is, who determines when Alams is fit enough to stand trial. What is wrong if EFCC thinks Alams is well enough to stand trial as you and I know that the man will wish to remain in hospital bed forever if that is what he will do to stall his trial.

Facts on ground show that his trial will begin may be monday, if that is the case is it not right to better assume Alams was simply brought home to continue his court trial.

People who have no clue what due process and justice means should stop lecturing us about one.
Re: Alamieyeseigha Bundled Back For Meeting With Abubakar Atiku In Dubai by Mamajama(m): 3:40pm On Jul 19, 2007
BIGB1 I keep telling you stop reading QURAN and start reading some legal journal or even watch Judge Judy for Christ sake.  There is something called implied and express contract in law and once you breach that contract you are liable.  For instance if ALAM was told not to entertain any visitor while on treatment in abroad and he did received one.  EFCC has the legal right to withdraw his treatment and repatriate him ASAP to Nigeria.  

ALAM already escape prosecution from ENGLAND so there is probable cause he might go the ALAM way again.  A judge can deny you bail if you are a security risk and remind you in jail for ever.
Re: Alamieyeseigha Bundled Back For Meeting With Abubakar Atiku In Dubai by BigB11(m): 3:43pm On Jul 19, 2007
Posted by MAMAJAMA:
BIGB1 I keep telling you stop reading QURAN and start reading some legal journal or even watch Judge Judy for Christ sake

lol
Re: Alamieyeseigha Bundled Back For Meeting With Abubakar Atiku In Dubai by BigB11(m): 3:43pm On Jul 19, 2007
Also keep in mind that I'm not here trying to justify ALAMS corruption charges; if he's guilty, he must pay.

I'm just asking the federal government to be careful and not to mess up like before.
Don't give this criminals any reason to cry of any treacherous dealing. It will be sensible to wholly eradicate unfair conduct during this war against corruption process.
Re: Alamieyeseigha Bundled Back For Meeting With Abubakar Atiku In Dubai by Mamajama(m): 3:44pm On Jul 19, 2007
Who the hell is Lai what did he do as the governor of Plateau state?  the question is was ALAM indicted? so case dismiss
Re: Alamieyeseigha Bundled Back For Meeting With Abubakar Atiku In Dubai by Mamajama(m): 3:48pm On Jul 19, 2007
I will respect ALAM if he can come out and say he is sorry for mismanaging the funds of the state, no one is above mistake, but to continue to cry that he is sick and innocent is ludicrous.
Re: Alamieyeseigha Bundled Back For Meeting With Abubakar Atiku In Dubai by BigB11(m): 3:50pm On Jul 19, 2007
Very soon the dead heads will label me as ALAM's nephew.
Re: Alamieyeseigha Bundled Back For Meeting With Abubakar Atiku In Dubai by Mamajama(m): 3:52pm On Jul 19, 2007
Hell no, you are too UGly to be related to ALAM, please bring some of IBb money to Hilton next month I will be around. Just like old times pepper soup and palmy. Stil got love for you my boy. tongue tongue tongue
Re: Alamieyeseigha Bundled Back For Meeting With Abubakar Atiku In Dubai by angel101(f): 3:53pm On Jul 19, 2007
McKren:

The second question that needs to be answered is, who determines when Alams is fit enough to stand trial. What is wrong if EFCC thinks Alams is well enough to stand trial as you and I know that the man will wish to remain in hospital bed forever if that is what he will do to stall his trial.

Very true.

Mamajama:

I will respect ALAM if he can come out and say he is sorry for mismanaging the funds of the state, no one is above mistake, but to continue to cry that he is sick and innocent is ludicrous.

Mistake? Did u say mistake? oh please! Dont make me laugh. Some mistake!
Re: Alamieyeseigha Bundled Back For Meeting With Abubakar Atiku In Dubai by BigB11(m): 3:55pm On Jul 19, 2007
Posted by MAMAJAMA
Hell no, you are too UGly to be related to ALAM, please bring some of IBb money to Hilton next month I will be around. Just like old times pepper soup and palmy. Stil got love for you my boy.

lol
Re: Alamieyeseigha Bundled Back For Meeting With Abubakar Atiku In Dubai by Mamajama(m): 4:00pm On Jul 19, 2007
When you steal is mistake or bad judgment, lol
Re: Alamieyeseigha Bundled Back For Meeting With Abubakar Atiku In Dubai by Colonia(m): 4:04pm On Jul 19, 2007
Mamajama:

When you steal is mistake lol

Are you for real?
Re: Alamieyeseigha Bundled Back For Meeting With Abubakar Atiku In Dubai by BigB11(m): 4:09pm On Jul 19, 2007
I guess, EHINDERO made a big mistake after retirement.

What a joke.
Re: Alamieyeseigha Bundled Back For Meeting With Abubakar Atiku In Dubai by Mamajama(m): 4:29pm On Jul 19, 2007
How can Ehindero make a big mistake?  dude that man never stole a KOBO from police. let them do the investigation now, all this useless media propaganda, why are they not presenting the evidence now now?

Let me take you to school 101.  pay attention

Ehindero bought 10 houses in 2 years as IGP, good media attention caption.  False

Ehindero sold his official DIG quarter to RIBADU, False, he cant sell a government house

Ehindero bought official IGP residence for 400 Million Naira,  and they later change it to 120 Million naira  which is true

Ehindero was arrested and his passport seize

He is in NYC presently representing the peace mission.

21 Million was found in IGP office, money was never found in the IGP office.

EHindero Jeep was used to carry the money,
money was found in CP budget official car.

4 Billion was released for election but Ehindero said he was giving 1 Billion, DUMMY, was he given a cash that can not be traced or accounted for?

If you want the clue to the story holla at me and I will take you to school.

The man retired and was the 1st IGP that a celebration was held for after retirement. Not even JIMMATA OR ADEWUSI or  Esin
Re: Alamieyeseigha Bundled Back For Meeting With Abubakar Atiku In Dubai by BigB11(m): 4:39pm On Jul 19, 2007
I bet you, if I ask ALAM's son the same question, he will list the same exact story you've posted.
I guess, nobody is guilty in Nigeria.

But I know for sure that EHINDERO is not yet off the hook; at the moment we are dealing with the RED SNAPPER and later on we will deal with the MACKEREL.
Re: Alamieyeseigha Bundled Back For Meeting With Abubakar Atiku In Dubai by Mamajama(m): 4:42pm On Jul 19, 2007
RED SNAPPER and later on we will deal with the MACKEREL. boy we dont eat MACKEREL we eat TILAPIA without scale in the dream city.

To make a long story short, I meet one of ALAM son IN NYC he is a very nice man, and we had ball back then hope he is still in the state and doing fine.
Re: Alamieyeseigha Bundled Back For Meeting With Abubakar Atiku In Dubai by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jul 19, 2007
mamajama,

did you say Ehindero "served" the police with "integrity"? No wonder he was "rewarded" with the IGP's house at the end of his "meritorious" service. grin grin

I gladly await his own stint in the gulag.
Re: Alamieyeseigha Bundled Back For Meeting With Abubakar Atiku In Dubai by BigB11(m): 5:35pm On Jul 19, 2007
An Ijaw activist and National Coordinator of the Ijaw Monitoring Group (IMG), Comrade Joseph Eva, who spoke to Daily Sun on the development on Wednesday accused the EFCC of going to Dubai to harass UAE authorities to deport Alameiyeseigha even when he was still undergoing treatment.
According to him, "the Federal government of Nigeria through EFCC went to the extent of threatening the Dubai authorities with diplomatic row if they fail to deport someone that was still on the hospital bed."

Dapo Olorunyomi, Chief of Staff to EFCC chairman, though confirmed Alamieyeseigha’s return to the country, denied allegations made by the IMG that the commission instigated his deportation.

The Ijaw activist further disclosed that since he was forcefully evicted from his hospital bed in Dubai, the EFCC had taken hold of Alamieyeseigha and had since kept him in a cell without mattress at the commission’s detention centre in Lagos.

While alleging that Alamieyeseigha is presently chained to an iron rod in his cell and made to sleep on bare floor, Eva further alleged that the former governor had been denied access to family members and his doctors.

He stated that the latest development had shown that Alameiyeseigha’s plight was beyond an anti-corruption fight but a deliberate attempt to waste the life of an Ijaw leader.

The activist, however, warned, "the Federal Government of Nigeria will hear from the Ijaw nation within the next two weeks because there will be more crisis in the Niger Delta and the Federal Government should be held responsible for the imminent disaster."

http://www.ngex.com/cgi-bin/frame/frameit2.plx?link="http://www.sunnewsonline.com/"
Re: Alamieyeseigha Bundled Back For Meeting With Abubakar Atiku In Dubai by BigB11(m): 5:37pm On Jul 19, 2007
I'm just asking the federal government to be careful and not to mess up like before.
Don't give this criminals any reason to cry of any treacherous dealing. It will be sensible to wholly eradicate unfair conduct during this war against corruption process.

Re: Alamieyeseigha Bundled Back For Meeting With Abubakar Atiku In Dubai by BigB11(m): 5:39pm On Jul 19, 2007
Most of the bright Federal Government projects are never completed successfully, because we Nigerians do not use any common sense.
Re: Alamieyeseigha Bundled Back For Meeting With Abubakar Atiku In Dubai by BigB11(m): 5:43pm On Jul 19, 2007
Why do you think an arrested rapist in United States is given a bullet proof vest for protection during his trial?
Re: Alamieyeseigha Bundled Back For Meeting With Abubakar Atiku In Dubai by BigB11(m): 5:48pm On Jul 19, 2007
If we want this war against corruption to go on smoothly and to be successful, we must be fair, civilized, respect the constitution, respect the citizens and embrace perfection through out the process.

There is no room for unnecessary mistakes.

It is also very important for the Country to be kept United during this process.
Re: Alamieyeseigha Bundled Back For Meeting With Abubakar Atiku In Dubai by Mamajama(m): 6:00pm On Jul 19, 2007
davidylan were all government quarters or residence not offered to all the incumbent resident? why are all the newly elected senators staying at Hilton hotel Abuja now because they have no official residence? people read on thing in the paper and think they know it all. go to Hilton and see how much it's costing the government to house the senators.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gej 2 Dbang: U Will B My Scape Goat / Lagos Airport: Water Main Not Serviced For 33 Years / Soldiers Evacuate Family Frm Barak As Bharam Drop Flier Abt Plan 2 Seiz Maduguri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.