Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,332 members, 7,819,138 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:47 AM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (167) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3524757 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) ... (2820) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by philfearon(m): 2:48pm On Jun 30, 2015
SirChotas:

There is nothing to enlighten you about. Can't force on you what you don't want for yourself. But look, I don't think you've seen Hannibal. If you have, you only saw the opening episodes of the first season. And that, isn't enough to pronounce a show uninteresting.
I have watched the first 8 episodes of the show of the total 12,and I believe that's enough time for any serious show to peak.
Nothing is interesting in watching peeps who eat human parts or psychopaths who kill their victims by mounting them on a multifaceted spike or a profiler that assumes the role of criminals to understand their intentions(its a popular plotline).That aspect of psychology they are trying to explore is not insightful to me.
Hope you get my view!
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by pomporiking: 3:52pm On Jun 30, 2015
If colin pharell is really dead then true detective can go to hell

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by hob(m): 4:11pm On Jun 30, 2015
FYI>>>> i aint a robot, cant consume all at once. grin grin grin grin
Its a list of the ones im watching

cao:

Err...are you watching all of them right this instant? If so, are you Sherlock? Or are you just stating some of the the shows you usually watch?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jun 30, 2015
philfearon:

I have watched the first 8 episodes of the show of the total 12,and I believe that's enough time for any serious show to peak.
Nothing is interesting in watching peeps who eat human parts or psychopaths who kill their victims by mounting them on a multifaceted spike or a profiler that assumes the role of criminals to understand their intentions(its a popular plotline).That aspect of psychology they are trying to explore is not insightful to me.
Hope you get my view!

Ah.. okay sha.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jun 30, 2015
Pardon my French y'all, but with all due respect, fvck NBC. Every bloody time, they are on the termination mode. What's the point of starting what you can't finish, huh? Such a lousy culture, methinks. angry

I sure hope that Netflix will come to the rescue by picking up "Hannibal" for the 4th season, like they did with "The Killing" a while ago. Hannibal is too good for be accorded an unwanted title of "a cancelled TV show".

If "Penny Dreadful" and all the TV series currently airing on The CW should get scrapped tomorrow by their respective networks, now, that would be an understandable situation, cuz, to be frank, they suck truly, but for Hannibal to be given the same treatment? Uh-huh, unacceptable.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by cao(f): 6:21pm On Jun 30, 2015
Koice, I'm guessing you don't watch sci-fi because you'd be cursing the hell out of FOX first before any other network. The quality shows that FOX have killed would make you cry, especially since they like to sabotage the shows themselves by airing them out of order, releasing the wrong trailers or just plain ignoring the show completely.

Try listening to the commentary of the pilot episode of Firefly to understand the crazy that is FOX.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jun 30, 2015
cao:
Koice, I'm guessing you don't watch sci-fi because you'd be cursing the hell out of FOX first before any other network. The quality shows that FOX have killed would make you cry, especially since they like to sabotage the shows themselves by airing them out of order, releasing the wrong trailers or just plain ignoring the show completely.

Try listening to the commentary of the pilot episode of Firefly to understand the crazy that is FOX.

I try not to watch FOX shows at all. Their own case is beyond redemption.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by CorneliusSulla8: 10:23pm On Jun 30, 2015
koice:
Pardon my French y'all, but with all due respect, fvck NBC. Every bloody time, they are on the termination mode. What's the point of starting what you can't finish, huh? Such a lousy culture, methinks. angry

I sure hope that Netflix will come to the rescue by picking up "Hannibal" for the 4th season, like they did with "The Killing" a while ago. Hannibal is too good for be accorded an unwanted title of "a cancelled TV show".

If "Penny Dreadful" and all the TV series currently airing on The CW should get scrapped tomorrow by their respective networks, now, that would be an understandable situation, cuz, to be frank, they suck truly, but for Hannibal to be given the same treatment? Uh-huh, unacceptable.
The network done try abeg they supported hannibal for 3 season despite the abysmal rating its getting and the show doesn't look cheap.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by philfearon(m): 11:07pm On Jun 30, 2015
Very funny though.
Was watching THE HOBBIT:AN UNEXPECTED JOURNEY, and it just struck me that the same person that acted BILBO BAGGINS also acted the LESTER NYGARD character in FARGO..
And to think it never really crossed my mind when I watched DESOLATION OF SMAUG and BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES!!

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by kannymoore(m): 1:11am On Jul 01, 2015
pomporiking:
If colin pharell is really dead then true detective can go to hell

GUY!!

May your days be long!!

Asin...

WHAT DA FAWK!!!!! angry angry angry angry angry !
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 3:37am On Jul 01, 2015
NOBODY is talking abt Daredevil,
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by SIRcumalot: 3:40am On Jul 01, 2015
philfearon:
Very funny though.
Was watching THE HOBBIT:AN UNEXPECTED JOURNEY, and it just struck me that the same person that acted BILBO BAGGINS also acted the LESTER NYGARD character in FARGO..
And to think it never really crossed my mind when I watched DESOLATION OF SMAUG and BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES!!
are you fan of the British series called sherlock ?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by John57: 3:58am On Jul 01, 2015
philfearon:
Very funny though.

lol I remember being floored when it hit me that Gandalf in Lord of the rings was also Magneto in xmen..

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by philfearon(m): 6:16am On Jul 01, 2015
SIRcumalot:

are you fan of the British series called sherlock ?
Watched 3 episodes of the series and stopped watching.
But its a good show anyway,just that I started watching it at a time it was impossible for me to finish cuz of attachments!
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by philfearon(m): 6:19am On Jul 01, 2015
John57:

lol I remember being floored when it hit me that Gandalf in Lord of the rings was also Magneto in xmen..
Lol.
Like when you watch THE MATRIX and realise that ZEDDICUS ZO ZORANDER was the train man. cheesy
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by xzibukz(m): 6:24am On Jul 01, 2015
My most interesting series film this year are * the 100 * empire * tyrant : just finished watching S02-e02
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 8:58am On Jul 01, 2015
John57:

DUDE ! i just noticed it now ! i never knew till nw.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by tayoccu(m): 9:08am On Jul 01, 2015
philfearon:

Lol.
Like when you watch THE MATRIX and realise that ZEDDICUS ZO ZORANDER was the train man. cheesy

the guy who played agent Smith also played the elf king with black hair (can't seem to remember his name).
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by tayoccu(m): 9:11am On Jul 01, 2015
vickerz:
NOBODY is talking abt Daredevil,

Daredevil like all other live action adaptations of comic book stories is piss poor

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 9:27am On Jul 01, 2015
tayoccu:

Daredevil like all other live action adaptations of comic book stories is piss poor

thats a stereotype ! daredevil z a good show, it has a lot of action and an awesome backstory, not like arrow

im sure u will hate gotham too !

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by ApexTitan(m): 10:08am On Jul 01, 2015
vickerz:

thats a stereotype ! daredevil z a good show, it has a lot of action and an awesome backstory, not like arrow

I found Daredevil to be unbelievable and haven't gone past the fourth episode. I'm very much into super heroes and stuff but a blind man who mysteriously develops a super sense of hearing that allows him to do things that men with their sights can't do was too much for me to swallow.

Check out his fight scenes; he parries, ducks and dodges without seeing where his attackers are coming from yet he knows just where to land his death dealing blows (well in fairness he never kills anyone) During the day time he puts on the act of a blind man who can't get about without his cane but at night when he's on his super hero flows he is jumping from windows, jumping from balconies all with the help of his sense of hearing & smell. Haba. Does he smell/hear the balconies to know where they are cheesy
I wouldn't rate DD so lowly if the acting and dialogues were able to get my mind off the points I mentioned above but I found it to be cliched and somewhat predictable.

It was this same thing that made me lose some interest in Marco Polo.

Maybe it's just me but most of the Netflix shows I've seen this year are sort of disappointing.

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by SIRcumalot: 10:34am On Jul 01, 2015
philfearon:

Watched 3 episodes of the series and stopped watching.
But its a good show anyway,just that I started watching it at a time it was impossible for me to finish cuz of attachments!
Am not pitching the show
Just that the meeting between smaug and bilbo was very funny because they also play sherlock and watson on the show.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by bisan20: 11:04am On Jul 01, 2015
pls who knows where i can download pillar of the earth.....some one refer me to it that the movies is interesting like game of throne
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by tayoccu(m): 11:25am On Jul 01, 2015
vickerz:

I guess you never read the comics as a kid, if you did, you'd understand what I meant.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by philfearon(m): 11:39am On Jul 01, 2015
tayoccu:

the guy who played agent Smith also played the elf king with black hair (can't seem to remember his name).
yup.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by philfearon(m): 11:42am On Jul 01, 2015
bisan20:
pls who knows where i can download pillar of the earth.....some one refer me to it that the movies is interesting like game of throne
That person lied o.
The only relationship it has with GAME OF THRONES is the ancient setting..
Its good show anyway!
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by tayoccu(m): 11:51am On Jul 01, 2015
philfearon:

yup.

and the guy who Radegast in the hobbit trilogy happened to play the 7th incarnation of doctor who.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by philfearon(m): 11:52am On Jul 01, 2015
tayoccu:

and the guy who Radegast in the hobbit trilogy happened to play the 7th incarnation of doctor who.
veterans full that movie!
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jul 01, 2015
tayoccu:

I guess you never read the comics as a kid, if you did, you'd understand what I meant.

Packaged, sealed and delivered to Netflix by the duo of Marvel Comics and ABC, "Marvel's Daredevil" as it's officially known, is currently the best on-creen adaptation of a graphic novel, since "The Walking Dead" series. Take it or leave it.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 1:13pm On Jul 01, 2015
tayoccu:

Yeah! Hugo Weaving. He also played the Red Skull in Captain America: TFA.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by tayoccu(m): 1:27pm On Jul 01, 2015
koice:

Packaged, sealed and delivered to Netflix by the duo of Marvel Comics and ABC, "Marvel's Daredevil" as it's officially known, is currently the best on-creen adaptation of a graphic novel, since "The Walking Dead" series. Take it or leave it.

The proverbial one eyed man rulling over the kingdom of the blind.
it can be the best in a genre filled with other piss poor adaptations.
like I stated previously, live action adaptations are poor.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jul 01, 2015
tayoccu:

The proverbial one eyed man rulling over the kingdom of the blind. it can be the best in a genre filled with other piss poor adaptations. like I stated previously, live action adaptations are poor.
Then, stick to your comic books! Haba!

(1) (2) (3) ... (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) ... (2820) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.