Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,953 members, 7,817,797 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:54 PM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (168) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3520297 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) ... (2819) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jul 01, 2015
tayoccu:

I guess you never read the comics as a kid, if you did, you'd understand what I meant.

i read comics when i was a kid, maybe u are judging by superman, batman, etc

daredevil is different, its actually something u can relate to,

.i mean , a blind attorney, whos not rich, fighting crime ? cool stuff, !

they made the villian more complex, and the storyline more....... mature ..something different comingfrom marvel this time.

its a good show ! i tell ya, its more broader than the comic

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jul 01, 2015
ApexTitan:

I found Daredevil to be unbelievable and haven't gone past the fourth episode. I'm very much into super heroes and stuff but a blind man who mysteriously develops a super sense of hearing that allows him to do things that men with their sights can't do was too much for me to swallow.

Check out his fight scenes; he parries, ducks and dodges without seeing where his attackers are coming from yet he knows just where to land his death dealing blows (well in fairness he never kills anyone) During the day time he puts on the act of a blind man who can't get about without his cane but at night when he's on his super hero flows he is jumping from windows, jumping from balconies all with the help of his sense of hearing & smell. Haba. Does he smell/hear the balconies to know where they are cheesy
I wouldn't rate DD so lowly if the acting and dialogues were able to get my mind off the points I mentioned above but I found it to be cliched and somewhat predictable.

It was this same thing that made me lose some interest in Marco Polo.

Maybe it's just me but most of the Netflix shows I've seen this year are sort of disappointing.

the chemical that blinded him heightened his senses, his blindness payed off with him focusing on his other senses and using them to his advantage, a blind guy has to survive in the real world, the chemical made him have some kind of super sense of smell, hearing and feeling.

abt the acting part, all super heroes do that, superman is just a young farm boy, spider man pretends to be a timid journalist during the day, DD cant be moving around normally during the day, that ll raise suspicions , besides he needs to have a life and create an impression outside being a masked vigilante that fights crime at night.

and last time i checked, hes a super hero, so he is expected to be able to do extraordinary stuff.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jul 01, 2015
Daredevil as portrayed on the web series wasn't totally blind. He can see, but only glimpses of a "world on fire". It gives him certain advantages that a typical blind person wouldn't ordinarily have.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by philfearon(m): 3:37pm On Jul 01, 2015
DAREDEVIL is a very great adaptation on TV(I might be sounding biased here cuz I have long been a fan),but you guys shouldn't always expect everyone to have same opinion on same subject matter.
The idea of a blind guy running around and beating able men pisses some people off......That's a fact;Heightened senses or not!
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Leopantro: 4:16pm On Jul 01, 2015
It's not fair. When there's a wonderful series like The last ship, you guys are recommending Sense 8.
Not fair.
Just finished The 100, starting The last ship.

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by adexeli(m): 4:29pm On Jul 01, 2015
I recomend EMPIRE if you're a music lover. . . The series is wow

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by philfearon(m): 5:34pm On Jul 01, 2015
Leopantro:
It's not fair. When there's a wonderful series like The last ship, you guys are recommending Sense 8.
Not fair.
Lol..
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by ApexTitan(m): 5:46pm On Jul 01, 2015
philfearon:
DAREDEVIL is a very great adaptation on TV(I might be sounding biased here cuz I have long been a fan),but you guys shouldn't always expect everyone to have same opinion on same subject matter.
The idea of a blind guy running around and beating able men pisses some people off......That's a fact;Heightened senses or not!

I won't say it pisses people off, it's just, well, unbelievable. For me that was asking too much. Like I mentioned earlier how does a heightened sense of smell or hearing translate to knowing where the edge of a balcony or window is? How does super hearing let you know when one man in a group of many that you are currently fighting is pulling a gun and aiming at you - and you know exactly where and when to duck.

If somehow they wove some kind of extrasensory perception or ability into the DD narrative, maybe I would have had no trouble accepting the series. I can't reconcile smelling or hearing with spatial awareness.

It's just for me - inspite of considering myself a serious fan of fiction and fantasy - a problem of believability.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by philfearon(m): 5:57pm On Jul 01, 2015
ApexTitan:

I won't say it pisses people off, it's just, well, unbelievable. For me that was asking too much. Like I mentioned earlier how does a heightened sense of smell or hearing translate to knowing where the edge of a balcony or window is? How does super hearing let you know when one man in a group of many that you are currently fighting is pulling a gun and aiming at you - and you know exactly where and when to duck.

If somehow they wove some kind of extrasensory perception or ability into the DD narrative, maybe I would have had no trouble accepting the series. I can't reconcile smelling or hearing with spatial awareness.

It's just for me - inspite of considering myself a serious fan of fiction and fantasy - a problem of believability.
lol.Its fiction na,so anything goes!
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by ApexTitan(m): 6:04pm On Jul 01, 2015
philfearon:

lol.Its fiction na,so anything goes!

Lol. I think even in the world of fiction and make-believe certain clutches and railings have to be provided to assist the audience in entering and accepting the world.

Or maybe I'm just being overly pedantic. undecided
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by kannymoore(m): 6:10pm On Jul 01, 2015
ApexTitan:
...how does a heightened sense of smell or hearing translate to knowing where the edge of a balcony or window is?.... I can't reconcile smelling or hearing with spatial awareness.

Sigh..

Seems you're a bit unaware of the existence of bats and their ecolocation abilities despite having rather poor eyesight like daredevil. Lol.

Meanwhile...
It's possible to notice windows and the edge of a balcony with your eyes closed. It all depends on your sense of spatial awareness and the sensitivity of your hearing and your skin.
It is possible toknow where an open window is a pitc dark room by the direction of the breeze wafting through the windows. You will notice that some parts of the room, te air is still and in another, the air seems to be in motion and you'll be able to hear the direction noises coming from outside of the room more clearer than in others.

All in all sha..if you don't like Daredevil the TV series, no wahala. There are other genres of tv series to enjoy.

Stay blessed man.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by ApexTitan(m): 6:29pm On Jul 01, 2015
kannymoore:

Sigh..

Seems you're a bit unaware of the existence of bats and their ecolocation abilities despite having rather poor eyesight like daredevil. Lol.

Meanwhile...
It's possible to notice windows and the edge of a balcony with your eyes closed. It all depends on your sense of spatial awareness and the sensitivity of your hearing and your skin.
It is possible toknow where an open window is a pitc dark room by the direction of the breeze wafting through the windows. You will notice that some parts of the room, te air is still and in another, the air seems to be in motion and you'll be able to hear the direction noises coming from outside of the room more clearer than in others.

All in all sha..if you don't like Daredevil the TV series, no wahala. There are other genres of tv series to enjoy.

Stay blessed man.

Oh but I do know about bats and how the are able to find their way using sound except DD isn't said to have that kind of ability or maybe I missed it somewhere.

Yeah I guess it is possible to tell an open window in a room. I wish I could upload scenes from DD here that got my jaw dropping with disbelief; The fight scenes where he takes out several baddies in a hall way. Or one where in making his escape he does a wall run and jumps on a balcony and vanishes into the night to the cliched surprise of the baddies. There are several of them. Trying to explain it here isn't doing justice to it.

I will keep watching the show, a friend told me it gets better and that Punisher, a hero I'm familiar with, is set to make an appearance when they release the second season. Want to see what leads up to that.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by tayoccu(m): 6:55pm On Jul 01, 2015
kannymoore:

Sigh..

your echo location theory doesn't apply, to use echo location, you need to emit sound, and wait for the echo, you then use the echo to determine if there's an obstacle or not.
daredevil doesn't do that.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by philfearon(m): 6:56pm On Jul 01, 2015
ApexTitan:

Lol. I think even in the world of fiction and make-believe certain clutches and railings have to be provided to assist the audience in entering and accepting the world.

Or maybe I'm just being overly pedantic. undecided
Maybe.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by ApexTitan(m): 7:53pm On Jul 01, 2015
tayoccu:

The proverbial one eyed man rulling over the kingdom of the blind.
it can be the best in a genre filled with other piss poor adaptations.
like I stated previously, live action adaptations are poor.

In truth DD is the best of this genre so far, they did raise the bar. A little. Lol. Next on the list is Gotham, that one managed to keep me intrigued for a long time, up to its 14th episode, till the ridculousness started to catch up and I had to abandon it. grin I tried watching Arrow but stopped 30 minutes into the first episode. Couldn't stand it at all.

When it comes to super heroes and comic stories animations and full length movies remain the best media to enjoy them.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by kannymoore(m): 8:26pm On Jul 01, 2015
tayoccu:

your echo location theory doesn't apply, to use echo location, you need to emit sound, and wait for the echo, you then use the echo to determine if there's an obstacle or not.
daredevil doesn't do that.

Okay echolocation isn't the right word...or sould I say "vibrations"?
Every object gives off a particular vibration..kinda like sound waves but not sound waves. I dunno exactly how to put it but lemme give you an example..

Wear a blindfold, take a deep breath and enter a room and walk slowly and carefully.
As you walk, you'll find out that there are pockets of air that's quite "tense" and "still"l especially when you're approaching a wall or a big object.
That stillness is what I mean by "vibrations".

Some blind people tend to have a heightened sense of awareness that's Very uncanny.. words fail me cos I can't seem to find the correct word.

Asides that, the chemical also gifted Daredevil with very heightened reflexes that are pretty much superhuman which is further made deadly by Daredevil's mentorship under the blind master named "Sticks".

All in all sha.. Na fantasy/science fiction as with most superhero genres. It's just entertainment. That's all.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jul 01, 2015
i dont know why some guys are criticizing daredevil,some of the things hes doing is actually possible in real life

theres a blind boy im my area, if he already met u once, i mean if u talk with him, he will recognize u when he meets u again , he will know when u are coming, if u see him walking in our area , u wont even know hes blind. Blind people have to focus on their other senses so as to survive and live life normally.
same with DD, his own case is just heightened, due to the chemical that blinded him.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by freecocoa(f): 1:26am On Jul 02, 2015
Now watching the 100.

Very interesting so far.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by febbymi: 3:45am On Jul 02, 2015
Leopantro:
Not fair.
Abi, just finished s2e2 and not disappointed at all. Someone was now recommending burn notice, imagine
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by moufan: 9:30am On Jul 02, 2015
extant season 2 just debuted yesterday, hope it lives up to its previous season ratings
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Leopantro: 2:19pm On Jul 02, 2015
freecocoa:
Now watching the 100.

Very interesting so far.

By the time you get to season 2, you will beg for the toilet to be relocated close to where you are sitting.
The Suspense is wonderful
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by dljbd1(m): 2:22pm On Jul 02, 2015
Mr. Robot...

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by AikayDaWrapper(m): 6:03pm On Jul 02, 2015
Weeds. 3 episodes in and loving it.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by xeems(m): 6:09pm On Jul 02, 2015
introducing "the flash"
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by kazzonline: 11:47pm On Jul 02, 2015
Baby daddy!!! No one is watching this very hilarious sitcom??
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by kazzonline: 2:01am On Jul 03, 2015
Suits, power,also i jist dey start the blacklist after all these month of procastination and i dey enjoy am
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by kazzonline: 2:02am On Jul 03, 2015
Ray donavan is bacj,fresh season
Also masters of sex is back @koice i sabi say u love this tv series
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 6:55am On Jul 03, 2015
kazzonline:
Ray donavan is bacj,fresh season Also masters of sex is back @koice i sabi say u love this tv series
Yup, I love both, most especially, Ray Donovan.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by tolulope855(m): 7:29am On Jul 03, 2015
Actually am new in this section... but how come no one is talking about AGENT OF SHEILD?? Am a lover of real action films (the likes of strike back) someone should do me a favour and mention a few for me. . . Bless you
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by tolulope855(m): 7:32am On Jul 03, 2015
kazzonline:
Suits, power,also i jist dey start the blacklist after all these month of procastination and i dey enjoy am

Bros abeg help a brother. .. . I need real action films
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 8:56am On Jul 03, 2015
koice:

Yup, I love both, most especially, Ray Donovan.

dude, ray donovan is the real ish mhen , i only watched season one, i heard season 3 is out nw !

can u help me with some catchin up abt season 2
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 9:48am On Jul 03, 2015
vickerz:

dude, ray donovan is the real ish mhen , i only watched season one, i heard season 3 is out nw !

can u help me with some catchin up abt season 2

Download a Watchseries app from www.watchseries.ag/ Register to use.

Or

If you don't mind the snail pace server speed of the Showbox app, then download and use.

(1) (2) (3) ... (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) ... (2819) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.