Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,781 members, 7,820,731 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:24 PM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (67) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3527925 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (2820) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by JadeWilliam(f): 11:12pm On Jul 31, 2014
Meanwhile;I heard Fargo is going 2hav S2 wit new cast.I'l totally recommend dat one too.I enjoyed it while it aired.

Does anyone knw if Homeland wil hav S2?

I'l totally welcome ideas of other interesting series cos ppl on dis thread hav good taste wen it comes 2good series.It was frm d recommendations I got here dat made me go 4d series I'm enjoying now

@Iceman! My Darling husbnd has bn asking me 4a new season of the walking dead.Is there one? He stopped at S4. U guys hav a thng 4weird out of the box shiiiiiiit (in d words of dat our senator in The Wire).Anyway,now dat he's done wit Orphan Black,I don't even knw whch other series 2buy 4him.

I wish I can get somewhere 2download "mad men" with subtitle cos u get 2enjoy movies better wen there's subtitle.I'v seen it on O2series but no subtitle but its definately on my list since u'r so thrilled by d show.

The worst Tv show I saw dis year is "HANNIBAL".
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 9:38am On Aug 01, 2014
JadeWilliam:
Meanwhile;I heard Fargo is going 2hav S2 wit new cast.I'l totally recommend dat one too.I enjoyed it while it aired.

Does anyone knw if Homeland wil hav S2?

I'l totally welcome ideas of other interesting series cos ppl on dis thread hav good taste wen it comes 2good series.It was frm d recommendations I got here dat made me go 4d series I'm enjoying now

@Iceman! My Darling husbnd has bn asking me 4a new season of the walking dead.Is there one? He stopped at S4. U guys hav a thng 4weird out of the box shiiiiiiit (in d words of dat our senator in The Wire).Anyway,now dat he's done wit Orphan Black,I don't even knw whch other series 2buy 4him.

I wish I can get somewhere 2download "mad men" with subtitle cos u get 2enjoy movies better wen there's subtitle.I'v seen it on O2series but no subtitle but its definately on my list since u'r so thrilled by d show.

Shiiiiiiii cheesy Hi. Where do you buy your series DVD's from?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by RayMcBlue(m): 11:18am On Aug 01, 2014
-Episode 6 and 7 of "Dominion".
-"Ray Donovan" Season 2
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by phantom(m): 7:28pm On Aug 01, 2014
extant

@jadewilliam....homeland ran for just 3 seasons and ended.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by RayMcBlue(m): 8:06pm On Aug 01, 2014
phantom: extant

@jadewilliam....homeland ran for just 3 seasons and ended.

Who told you Homeland's over? The show got renewed for the 4th season a while ago, and will be resuming with the 4th installment next season.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Iceman296: 10:27pm On Aug 01, 2014
JadeWilliam:

I wish I can get somewhere 2download "mad men" with subtitle cos u get 2enjoy movies better wen there's subtitle.I'v seen it on O2series but no subtitle but its definately on my list since u'r so thrilled by it

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. Lmao

I just had a Loud laugh on seeing this. I miss The wire sha

The Walking Dead doesn't have any new Season. Stopped at S4. Its interesting, and I love every bit of It.

Homeland stopped at S3. Im sure if you check the market. You Would find it.

Still on Blacklist. An episode to the end. Not happy the way they made reddington so Perfect. Even the criminals sort out for him. Still following tho
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Iceman296: 10:31pm On Aug 01, 2014
jidobaba: Ok. For some reason i havent been allowed to send PMs, kindly mail me on jidobaba at yahoo dot com. Or you could give me your email or a number to call here. I stay around Allen avenue, Ikeja.

Okay. Noted

I'll immediately send you a mail.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by phantom(m): 12:26am On Aug 02, 2014
RayMcBlue:

Who told you Homeland's over? The show got renewed for the 4th season a while ago, and will be resuming with the 4th installment next season.
interesting. didn't know that
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 12:56am On Aug 02, 2014
RayMcBlue:

Seriously,Brody's death basically killed the show for me, what's there to look forward to in season 4.......It however still remains in my opinion probably the best written political cum spy series and the characterization was perfect, Carrie Matherson was a natural.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Wislet(f): 2:44am On Aug 02, 2014
Pls could someone post links to free download of The Hunger Games(for mobile)... From the very first movie(2012) to 'catching fire' (2013) to 'mockingjay' (2014). Thanks
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by RayMcBlue(m): 5:58am On Aug 02, 2014
emk4lif: Seriously,Brody's death basically killed the show for me, what's there to look forward to in season 4.......It however still remains in my opinion probably the best written political cum spy series and the characterization was perfect, Carrie Matherson was a natural.

That's too bad. But you gotta remember, the story revolves around Carrie, not Brody. Carrie epitomizes the "Perfect Agent." Someone that is flawed, in fact, greatly flawed (she's bipolar) but determined to do her job to the best of her ability, even if it means shooting herself in the foot now and then. Sometimes, she's highly irritating and thoughtless, but you find yourself rooting for her all the same. Everyone loves Carrie, everyone. So-far-as she stays the protagonist, there's plenty to look forward to next season indeed.

-Carrie just got promoted to "Station chief",
-and don't forget, she's pregnant with Brody's baby.
-She's conflicted about keeping the baby for herself or giving it up for adoption,
-and most importantly, she's going away to Turkey to assume her new role as the station chief.
-Turkey is situated near the "middle east" - a hot zone.

IMHO, Next season of Homeland will be explosive.

4 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by elvisz(m): 11:03am On Aug 02, 2014
agents of shield and graceland

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by JadeWilliam(f): 11:44am On Aug 02, 2014
So I noticed a name called Uzo Aduba on Orange Is d new black&i was lik dat name sounds Ibo-ish so I decided 2google d name &Lo&behold;it was Crazyeye-Suzanne in OITNB. She's Nigerian.Full name Uzoamaka&i was lik damn! That's a chick representing Nigeria.I'm so so proud of her.

So on dis page I noticed its where she communicates wit her fans&they were asking her lots of interesting questions.

One asked her what her favourite shows were&she said:

Okay, I love The Wire, Scandal, Breaking Bad, The Comeback - OH! The Sopranos! That's like my all-time favorite show - Sex and the City, I still watch it on reruns. And that's it. That's all I can think of.

I was Yah! We hav d same taste in movies.
The Sopranoes are my all tym favourite too&if u remember in S2 E2 of OITNB; Piper was talking 2her lawyer b4 d trial, she said
I"v seen in Sopranoes;what these drug Lords do 2d ppl dat testify against dem&i'm lik "lol".

She mentioned she loves Sex and the City;The Wire&Breaking bad.Those are my top 4 series of all times inorder of "deadbeat-madlove 4series" grin grin .

Hope I'm not annoying some ppl wit my crazy posts.I'm trying 2keep d thread less boring;alive&funky. **winks***

Anyway Here's d link.She said so many interesting thngs.

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/2c9od2/not_just_crazy_eyes_uzo_aduba_here_from_orange_is/

4 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by hyzicbond(m): 11:48am On Aug 02, 2014
JadeWilliam:
So I noticed a name called Uzo Aduba on Orange Is d new black&i was lik dat name sounds Ibo-ish so I decided 2google d name &Lo&behold;it was Crazyeye-Suzanne in OITNB. She's Nigerian.Full name Uzoamaka&i was lik damn! That's a chick representing Nigeria.I'm so so proud of her.

So on dis page I noticed its where she communicates wit her fans&they were asking her lots of interesting questions.

One asked her what her favourite shows were&she said:

Okay, I love The Wire, Scandal, Breaking Bad, The Comeback - OH! The Sopranos! That's like my all-time favorite show - Sex and the City, I still watch it on reruns. And that's it. That's all I can think of.

I was Yah! We hav d same taste in movies.
The Sopranoes are my all tym favourite too&if u remember in S2 E2 of OITNB; Piper was talking 2her lawyer b4 d trial, she said
I"v seen in Sopranoes;what these drug Lords do 2d ppl dat testify against dem&i'm lik "lol".

She mentioned she loves Sex and the City;The Wire&Breaking bad.Those are my top 4 series of all times inorder of "deadbeat-madlove 4series" grin grin .

Hope I'm not annoying some ppl wit my crazy posts.I'm trying 2keep d thread less boring;alive&funky. **winks***

Anyway Here's d link.She said so many interesting thngs.

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/2c9od2/not_just_crazy_eyes_uzo_aduba_here_from_orange_is/

u aren't keeping the thread boring, u are the one keeping me on this thread cos u 've good taste of series...

3 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by JadeWilliam(f): 11:52am On Aug 02, 2014
Iceman296:

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. Lmao

I just had a Loud laugh on seeing this. I miss The wire sha

Iceman296:

Homeland stopped at S3.

Still on Blacklist. An episode to the end. Not happy the way they made reddington so Perfect. Even the criminals sort out for him. Still following tho

Ya.I miss The Wire too&u made it exciting cos I had u 2discuss it with. The Wire Lester was a vry bad guy;head of HR in POI but it was nice seeing The Wire crew once again

Sorry! I meant 2say Homeland S4.Was a typographical error. I stopped in S3&wil lov eit 2continue but since Brody's dead&they don't really bring in his family dat much;I thought d show wud b cancelled.

If its HBO;it wud hav bn cancelled but I noticed dat Showtimes doesn't really cancel shows lik dat.Even dat DEXTER whch I don't knw wot they're acting there is stil running

Anyway;homeland is stil on my list of brilliant show.S1&2 was crazy-crazy exciting.

Wil c what season 4 wil bring on d table but I'm sticking 2it.

I got Scandal S2&3 frm a colleague so now as its bn raining lik its Noah's tym;I'l keep myself warm wit my blanket&sit my butt at home&c what S2 has 2offer.I'm suspending OITNB cos I don't want it 2finish yet.Kind of addicted 2it right now.#TrueConfession

The Blacklist was just average 4me so I'm not going ahead wit season 2 (mayb wil give it a try in future but 4now;I need an extremely exciting show 2keep me glued) esp in dis trying time of #EbolaVirusWants2WipeOutWestAfrica
#OperationSitAtHome
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by profneyo(m): 12:17pm On Aug 02, 2014
It is 1983, and the race for technological innovation is on. Who is going to win? Is it the all-conquering IBM or the lesser known Cardiff Electric? This is a show that revels in exploiting drama in a refreshing way. It is out of the box and totally innovative. A script that keeps you glued to your seat and gives you mental orgasms! You should watch the all new Halt and Catch Fire!

It definitely ranks as the best show of the year alongside Fargo! grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Iceman296: 1:12pm On Aug 02, 2014
JadeWilliam:

The Blacklist was just average 4me so I'm not going ahead wit season 2 (mayb wil give it a try in future but 4now;I need an extremely exciting show 2keep me glued) esp in dis trying time of #EbolaVirusWants2WipeOutWestAfrica
#OperationSitAtHome

I wouldn't Classify Blacklist as average until I see the S2. I love the series overall but Raymond Reddington seems so Perfect and untouchable.

Finished with the S1 tho, Currently on Elementary S3.

You've seen Fargo right? I need to get it so we'd discuss on it. grin grin

So Suzanne of Orange is the New Black is Nigerian? No wonder so was able to act that crazy and insane Part so Perfectly. She usually creeped me out, but now I know she's my Igbo sister, I'm her Nos 1 fan. cheesy grin cheesy grin

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by lafuria1(m): 1:49pm On Aug 02, 2014
JadeWilliam:

Almost everyone is up to date with good tv shows, one is left with shows one watches just to pass time.

If you like Sherlock Holmes crime detectives, I recommend 'Sherlock' . It's a British tv show with three seasons now, each season has three episode which airs for 1hr 20mins.

Try 'sleepy hollow', it's a supernatural tv series, a little scary, witchcraft. Decent show.

Scandal, seen you've already obtained season 2 and 3, interesting show

'Under dome the dome' , will appear like a low budget tv show but it's decent, worth watching in absence of other better tv shows.

You talked of Uzo aduba (crazy eyes) below is a screen shoot of her tweet during the World Cup supporting nigeria.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by JadeWilliam(f): 6:42pm On Aug 02, 2014
Iceman296:

You've seen Fargo right? I need to get it so we'd discuss on it. grin grin
Ya Fargo was annoying so so goood.I loved it&its based on a truel life story whch took place in Minnesota.Just c d pilot&
U'l confirm.I'l love 2discuss it wit u.
Iceman296:
So Suzanne of Orange is the New Black is Nigerian? No wonder so was able to act that crazy and insane Part so Perfectly. She usually creeped me out, but now I know she's my Igbo sister, I'm her Nos 1 fan. cheesy grin cheesy grin
The bolded got me LOL grin grin grin grin
Weneva they show her;I'l b lik "what's she upto now! On her fan page (d link posted);she said she read some books&watched some shows whch helped her play d role vry well
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by JadeWilliam(f): 6:51pm On Aug 02, 2014
hyzicbond:
u aren't keeping the thread boring, u are the one keeping me on this thread cos u 've good taste of series...
Thanx sweetie! Sometyms I feel good discussing on dis thread on dis thread cos there're smart minds here!
lafuria1:
You talked of Uzo aduba (crazy eyes) below is a screen shoot of her tweet during the World Cup supporting nigeria.

Thanx sweetie! U'r d real deal.Y didn't u say somethng all dis while?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by JadeWilliam(f): 6:55pm On Aug 02, 2014
@iceman.Did I mention I finally finished GOT S4? U knw I told u I stopped afta Jeoffery got assasinated. (Damn dat dude looked so purple dying frm dat freaking poison) grin grin .

This latest season was a vry vry good one mehnnn. And It was an emotional season finale 4me.

Am I d only dat was heartbroken wen Tywin Lannister got killed.I kind of love d guy u knw. I neva saw it coming dat it'l b Tyrion "The Imp" dat'l kill his father. I thought he'l die wen Stannis Baretheon comes 2claim his throne.

The Imp! The Imp!.One of my favourite characters.I was so so scared they were gonna kill of his chaacter. My husbnd said if they kill The Imp;he'l stop watching GOT but thank God he escaped.

The Imp said at d trial "I'v bn on trial since d day I was born. Lol. Then right b4 he put an arrow 2his father's stomach; he said 2him

"And U were ready 2execute me eventhough u knew I didn't kill Jeoffery. And Tywin said- "U think I wil kill my own son?"

He actually wanted 2manipulate d situation instead of him 2beg 4 mercy but he 4got dat a snake cannot bear a lizard. Tyrion is as smart as he is.

And 4d fact dat Tywin was boning his LovePeddler "Shay or Shane or woteva her name was"; whom Tyrion really loved&whom they made testify against him,triggered a lot of anguist&digust&dats y he had d mind 2kill him.

And that Shay abi Shane was really afta wealth&power. And ironically;Tywin told Tyrion;the next LovePeddler I c u with,I wil execute&he had d nerve 2b screwing one.What a hypocrite.

I really pitied Tyrion during d tym he was detained.Even his body guard whom he thought wud b loyal got bought ova. Just lik John Reese said in POI; "At the end of d day;we're all alone". Except ppl lik me who has Jesus Christ.**winks*

3 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by JadeWilliam(f): 6:56pm On Aug 02, 2014
I kind of liked "The Hound&Arya's scenes but sadly;The hound got killed by a woman (in his word "B**CH"wink. That fight was the real deal.Like Hardcore fight.Better than d fight btw The mountain&Lord Oberyn.

Sansa&Lord Balish? Lord have mercy!! In my head? #Disgusting #Childbride #Gross

Now dat Tywin is dead&Tyrion the wise former hand of d king is gone;the throne wil b porous&d downfall of Kings landing is near.

Y do I hav d feeling dat Jon Snow might end up marrying The mother of dragon&then they'l rule the 7 kingdoms.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by JadeWilliam(f): 7:04pm On Aug 02, 2014
emk4lif:
Seriously,Brody's death basically killed the show for me, what's there to look forward to in season 4.......It however still remains in my opinion probably the best written political cum spy series and the characterization was perfect, Carrie Matherson was a natural.
If Brody didn't die;d show wud hav looked fake. S3 was stil da bomb too but it also had a tragic season finale.U can't just infiltrate a nation lik Iran lik dat;carryout an operation lik d one Brody did&not hav someone fall 4it.If Brody didn't die;it'l look 2cheap&easy lik a cartoon.It was good dat Brody died&now it'l bring out d worst bipolar side of Carrie.

PS: Can someone here who has seen The Blacklist, b a darling& tell me if Liz's husbnd Tom Keen (in The Blacklist) is a spy or woteva he's bn suspected of! I'm not thrilled 2go 4d season 2.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by dljbd1(m): 7:06pm On Aug 02, 2014
Journeyman!
Who has watched it? Cos I've not met anyone that has...which I find so weird undecided

Though 2010 series but I really loved it till it was stopped. So sad sad
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by kannymoore(m): 7:14pm On Aug 02, 2014
^^ for me.. I'm having a gut feeling towards khalessi's rogue dragon being controlled by Bran Stark since its been prophesied that he'll fly.

And if in fact it finally comes to pass..?

(rubbing hands in glee)...wahala go shelle mehn!!!!
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by profneyo(m): 7:23pm On Aug 02, 2014
JadeWilliam:
Ya Fargo was annoying so so goood.I loved it&its based on a truel life story whch took place in Minnesota.Just c d pilot&
U'l confirm.I'l love 2discuss it wit u.
The bolded got me LOL grin grin grin grin
Weneva they show her;I'l b lik "what's she upto now! On her fan page (d link posted);she said she read some books&watched some shows whch helped her play d role vry well

Fargo is definitely the best show this year has to offer (plus Halt and catch fire, which finishes next week). Lester have you been a bad boy scene makes me laugh grin. The transition of Lester Nygaard from a 'wimp' to a confident man was awesome plus the calmness of Mr. Malvo is just crazy. (he is a bit like heisenberg from breaking bad). Sad part, if it gets renewed, the story line will be different. Ps. The story is actually not real. That this is a true story line is just for comic relief, so to say.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by lafuria1(m): 7:51pm On Aug 02, 2014
JadeWilliam:

PS: Can someone here who has seen The Blacklist, b a darling& tell me if Liz's husbnd Tom Keen (in The Blacklist) is a spy or woteva he's bn suspected of! I'm not thrilled 2go 4d season 2.

Tom keen is a spy and an under cover agent for the man named Berlin. Who Berlin was, was told towards the end of the season. Berlin was a man whose daughter was killed and her body part was sent to him piece by piece. He escaped and after those who killed his daughter. What has this got to do with Liz and Red, we don't know.

Berlin is after reddignton. Berlin is a man Red is afraid of because he doesn't know athing about Berlin.

Tom keen was planted into the life of Liz, the all love and marriage thing was all pretence by Tom to keep Liz under his watch but why? Why is Liz who is just an FBI profiler so important.

Tom works for Berlin, who is Berlin and what does he want, season 2.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by lafuria1(m): 8:07pm On Aug 02, 2014
JadeWilliam:

Thanx sweetie! U'r d real deal.Y didn't u say somethng all dis while?
You are welcome.

Nairaland made me forget., I was posting things about OITNB regularly but after nairaland sever went down, I lost them. I only just remembered I had something about aduba when I saw your post about her being been a Nigerian
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by lepasharon(f): 3:37am On Aug 03, 2014
Wasted my time watching hemlock grove,very vague + disturbing kmt
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Licensed2Kill(m): 12:44pm On Aug 03, 2014
I'm not really diggin ds Mad Men... Got it afta som hypes on it I got here....bn stuck at S1E3 since lyk 3months now... D thing no ginger me at all
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 3:02pm On Aug 03, 2014
JadeWilliam:
If Brody didn't die;d show wud hav looked fake. S3 was stil da bomb too but it also had a tragic season finale.U can't just infiltrate a nation lik Iran lik dat;carryout an operation lik d one Brody did&not hav someone fall 4it.If Brody didn't die;it'l look 2cheap&easy lik a cartoon.It was good dat Brody died&now it'l bring out d worst bipolar side of Carrie.

We don't know who/what Tom Keen was just yet but definitely not who Liz thought he was
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Iceman296: 3:58pm On Aug 03, 2014
JadeWilliam:
@iceman.Did I mention I finally finished GOT S4? U knw I told u I stopped afta Jeoffery got assasinated. (Damn dat dude looked so purple dying frm dat freaking poison) grin grin .

This latest season was a vry vry good one mehnnn. And It was an emotional season finale 4me.

Yeah, I Remember. I haven't even finished it myself, Stopped at the E7.

I was particularly thrilled when King Jeoffrey died. I still haven't forgiven him for what he did to Rob stark and Family.

GOT is another Classic Series.

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (2820) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: BjaySexy(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.