Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,994 members, 7,817,944 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:35 PM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (877) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3520599 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (874) (875) (876) (877) (878) (879) (880) ... (2819) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 3:07am On Nov 18, 2017
introvertme:

You're a dialogue person.

I really tried watching Fargo,it just didn't work for me the show is toooo sluggish.
too slow. I slept off while watching episode1 ... but it seems you're in love with Peaky.. hehe
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by jade912: 4:22am On Nov 18, 2017
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by GeniusDavid(m): 5:55am On Nov 18, 2017
encryptjay:
Just finished Better Call Saul, if you've watched Breaking Bad, you'd be interested in Better Call Saul.
Currently, I'm watching Fargo, the series is fire though
There's this conversation between two characters that's quite funny.

Lorne: The bully in high school, he's a bully now? So why didn't you show him what's what?

Lester: Well, he had his sons with him, and...

Lorne: You let a man beat you in front of his children to send them a message?

Lester: No, that's not - heck, just heck.

Lorne: In my experience, if you let a man break your nose, then the next time he tries to break your spine.

Lester: Sam? No way. I mean, I don't think. It just - I guess I embarrassed him in front of his boys.

Lorne: You embarrassed him?

Lester: By - he was telling me about a time where he and my wife, they were - he didn't know she was my wife is the thing, and when I told him...

Lorne: This man slept with your wife, and you're worried about embarrassing him?

Lester: Not slept. No, they didn't - he said it was just - she has soft hands, see, and I guess I...

Lorne: Now Mister, we're not friends. I mean, maybe we will be some day. But I've got to say, if that were me in your position, I would have killed that man.
Lorne Malvo with his straight face sarcasm and subtlety. That man won me I swear.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by introvertme: 6:13am On Nov 18, 2017
shugacoated:
too slow. I slept off while watching episode1 ... but it seems you're in love with Peaky.. hehe

Yes ooo,peaky blinders is just too lit cos most of d actors there aren't really popular,yet they can act.
Tommy and Alfie are the only popular ones on the show.

P.s : The wives of the Shelby's are so possessive
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bratking(m): 8:20am On Nov 18, 2017
Blackfyre:

Speaking of that dude in the movie was a contract killer not a serial killer.

Holden was dumb jor, shouldn't have gone at the hospital, he should have gone when he returns to prison that would have played down all that drama he did to get his attention.

Plus he should have returned notes for those letters even if it's two sentences with some puzzling statements to make him feel like a genius.

Yeah he was a contract killer but at the end of the day he was a psychopath. He didn't have to kill anyone else since he was contracted to find and kill someone on the run, he ended up killing anyone that crossed his path. I remember he used to do a coin flip before wacking someone like he's the goddess of fate. it doesn't get any scarier than that.

On Holden, it's more than that. he felt a connection to Kemper because he allowed himself to be manipulated and drawn in. he's socially awkward and suffers from too much empathy which allows him to interview serial killers and be able to glean new and applicable information. But it also leaves him mentally vulnerable.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bratking(m): 8:40am On Nov 18, 2017
I'm about to watch the punisher it better not disappoint like luke cage and the defenders.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 9:00am On Nov 18, 2017
Bratking:

Yeah he was a contract killer but at the end of the day he was a psychopath. He didn't have to kill anyone else since he was contracted to find and kill someone on the run, he ended up killing anyone that crossed his path. I remember he used to do a coin flip before wacking someone like he's the goddess of fate. it doesn't get any scarier than that.

On Holden, it's more than that. he felt a connection to Kemper because he allowed himself to be manipulated and drawn in. he's socially awkward and suffers from too much empathy which allows him to interview serial killers and be able to glean new and applicable information. But it also leaves him mentally vulnerable.

Yeah that reminds me, he often tosses a coin!

On Holden, I don't think it's too much empathy, I think he wants to sort of live through them and see why they are what they are and do what they do. It may come across as empathizing with them just as his partner thought too but isn't. I think he was just over familiarizing himself with their world. By default, I think most people will be hostile to such peeps and speaking with them will be seen as someone being mentally absurd too. It's what everyone thought not until the break through Holden got and the idea of profiling. In the Unabomber peeps even thought he had just a GED qualification meanwhile he had a Phd.

Holden's case was him being absorbed almost like he was fawning over them. If he suffered from excessive empathy, he would have thought more of the victims than the killers emotions. He has sort of a thrill for them which needs to be bridled.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by sod09(m): 9:08am On Nov 18, 2017
The punisher
Ep1 is nice,the series looks promising
Marvel are angry with the critics so this one looks kinda real and bloodied, they now realised people have outgrown the supernatural heroes we need a mortal with fighting skill not some mutants
2-13 to go
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bratking(m): 9:41am On Nov 18, 2017
Blackfyre:

Yeah that reminds me, he often tosses a coin!

On Holden, I don't think it's too much empathy, I think he wants to sort of live through them and see why they are what they are and do what they do. It may come across as empathizing with them just as his partner thought too but isn't. I think he was just over familiarizing himself with their world. By default, I think most people will be hostile to such peeps and speaking with them will be seen as someone being mentally absurd too. It's what everyone thought not until the break through Holden got and the idea of profiling. In the Unabomber peeps even thought he had just a GED qualification meanwhile he had a Phd.

Holden's case was him being absorbed almost like he was fawning over them. If he suffered from excessive empathy, he would have thought more of the victims than the killers emotions. He has sort of a thrill for them which needs to be bridled.

I still think it's empathy. People empathize differently depending on circumstance. Most people would have freaked out during those interviews for sure as they would feel more for the victims than the serial killers. Totally understandable.

But holden is not like most people. He had a scarred childhood like all those serial killers that he interviewed. then throw in the fact that he acts like them and the notion that he can relate and empathize with their pright wouldn't be that ridiculous.

Only a person with an emotional connection to serial killers would be able to socially interact with them like he did. They gravitate around him and barely notice or talk to bill during the interviews.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bratking(m): 9:54am On Nov 18, 2017
sod09:
The punisher
Marvel are angry with the critics so this one looks kinda real and bloodied, they now realised people have outgrown the supernatural heroes we need a mortal with fighting skill not some mutants
2-13 to go

What are you on about?

fyi, the punisher is a spinoff of daredevil. The concept took root after Jon bernthal's strong performance in the daredevil season 2 as the vengeful frank castle.

You're just making shiit up to satisfy your own sentiments. Nothing wrong with that but stop trying to pass it off as facts as if you work in Marvel.

And just so you know, disney has started removing all the marvel contents from Netflix because of licencing issues. so the possibility of season 2 of the Punisher is not at all certain.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 9:59am On Nov 18, 2017
Bratking:

I still think it's empathy. People empathize differently depending on circumstance. Most people would have freaked out during those interviews for sure as they would feel more for the victims than the serial killers. Totally understandable.

But holden is not like most people. He had a scarred childhood like all those serial killers that he interviewed. then throw in the fact that he acts like them and the notion that he can relate and empathize with their plight wouldn't be that ridiculous.

@1st emboldened Must have missed that part.

@2nd emboldened umm the fact one can relate or empathize with them doesn't necessarily mean one finds it justifiable... Some people have more fuckdup experiences than others and as a result threshold are crossed or sometimes permanently erased...

Only a person with an emotional connection to serial killers would be able to socially interact with them like he did. They gravitate around him and barely notice or talk to bill during the interviews.

True, at the same time it's possible for a heightened emotional intelligent person to do so too, not that am saying is the case for Holden. Btw, Bill was hostile and not opened to it so you can understand why they wouldn't.

Moreover, one common denominator to all of them is that, they love to be heard. They all feel like no one is listening to them hence the need to pull attention to them.

I do agree with all you have said tho.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by sod09(m): 11:16am On Nov 18, 2017
Bratking:

What are you on about?

fyi, the punisher is a spinoff of daredevil. The concept took root after Jon bernthal's strong performance in the daredevil season 2 as the vengeful frank castle.

You're just making shiit up to satisfy your own sentiments. Nothing wrong with that but stop trying to pass it off as facts as if you work in Marvel.

And just so you know, disney has started removing all the marvel contents from Netflix because of licencing issues. so the possibility of season 2 of the Punisher is not at all certain.
so does that mean I can't make my own opinion...
Pls Bleep off my mention I don't deal with kids
See him running around like a slowpoke.
Did you see me complaining about the series

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bratking(m): 1:12pm On Nov 18, 2017
JulietteO:

I thought I was the only one complaining about Shonda. She just doesn't know when to call it quits! I stopped Grey's Anatomy at S08 and I couldn't continue. She keeps dragging the story. If HTGAWM exceeds five seasons, I'd stop

Oh better get ready oo. HTGAWN will even see season 8 self lol.

I stopped watching grey's anatomy at season 8 too. that's the season that made me to called it quits with the series for good. I think it was the season Richard was forced to step down as the chief of surgery because of meredith's fuckup.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bratking(m): 1:14pm On Nov 18, 2017
sod09:
[s]so does that mean I can't make my own opinion...
Pls Bleep off my mention I don't deal with kids
See him running around like a slowpoke.
Did you see me complaining about the series[/s]

*yawns*
what a bore.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by cao(f): 1:36pm On Nov 18, 2017
Lady Dynamite.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by junnyjake(m): 1:49pm On Nov 18, 2017
I'm midway through Narcos 3, Who were those saying the series was boring??

If I was informed by your dispositions I'd have missed out on this great series.

Did you know

Wagner Moura who played "Escobar" in the series is a Brazilian, and prior to the filming, he didn't speak a word of Spanish, he had to relocate himself and family to Colombia, attend college classes with other teenagers to learn Spanish.

He also had to gain 40 more pounds to play the role and had to shed off after the project.

Now my question is, when will Nollywood make such sacrifices to make a character stand out in a movie/TV series role??

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bratking(m): 1:59pm On Nov 18, 2017
junnyjake:

If I was informed by your dispositions I'd have missed out on this great series.

Did you know

Wagner Moura who played "Escobar" in the series is a Brazilian, and prior to the filming, he didn't speak a word of Spanish, he had to relocate himself and family to Colombia, attend college classes with other teenagers to learn Spanish.

He also had to gain 40 more pounds to play the role and had to shed off after the project.

Now my question is, when will Nollywood make such sacrifices to make a character stand out in a movie/TV series role??

Prolly when they start earning big bucks not the chicken change they earn right now. Money is one hell of a motivator.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by junnyjake(m): 2:05pm On Nov 18, 2017
Bratking:

Prolly when they started earning big bucks not the chicken change they earn right now. Money is one hell of a motivator.

True that.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 2:06pm On Nov 18, 2017
Is Season 3 as good as Season 1
It started losing the energy in Season 2 when Escobar became a poppet of his former portrayed glory
junnyjake:

Did you know

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 2:08pm On Nov 18, 2017
sod09:
The punisher
2-13 to go

Tired of all the Punisher remakes jare...and the guy playing the role...reminds me of Shane in Walking dead and The Accountant, Ben Affleck's brother...He's getting type-cast for those macho-man roles too much
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 2:09pm On Nov 18, 2017
Bratking:
I'm about to watch the punisher it better not disappoint like luke cage and the defenders.

Luke cage is still better than The Iron Fist...Those shows are for 8year olds
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 2:10pm On Nov 18, 2017
Watching "IT Crowd", Show is so funny!!! Gotta love British comedy
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bratking(m): 2:14pm On Nov 18, 2017
Falzdbadtguy:

Luke cage is still better than The Iron Fist...Those shows are for 8year olds

oh my gawd!! iron fist is so baaaaddd! I couldn't even finish the rubbish. on rotten tomatoes it has one of the lowest rating i've ever seen attached to a series. 17% lol.

What do you mean by "those shows are for 8 year olds"?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by junnyjake(m): 2:16pm On Nov 18, 2017
Falzdbadtguy:
Is Season 3 as good as Season 1
It started losing the energy in Season 2 when Escobar became a poppet of his former portrayed glory

Absolutely not, season 1 is the best.

Don't forget, the series is modeled against a real life story, so the highs and lows are very much part of the reality.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 2:17pm On Nov 18, 2017
Bratking:

oh my gawd!! iron fist is so baaaaddd! I couldn't even finish the rubbish. on rotten tomatoes it has one of the lowest rating i've ever seen attached to a series. 17% lol.

What do you mean by "those shows are for 8 year olds"?

Because u have to be like 8 yrs old to enjoy them
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by junnyjake(m): 2:17pm On Nov 18, 2017
Falzdbadtguy:
Watching "IT Crowd", Show is so funny!!! Gotta love British comedy

Guess, I might check that out.

I like English series. And when there's comedy, you sure would find me there.

Where can I get it?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 2:20pm On Nov 18, 2017
junnyjake:

Where can I get it?

Episode 1 was slow, but funny.

By Episode 2, you're hooked and then the seasons are short, not like the endless drooling of American sitcoms...
British shows are very concise and rewarding!
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 2:22pm On Nov 18, 2017
junnyjake:

Where can I get it?

NETFLIX.
Or try piratebay, Its one of those old gems...It came out in 2006 or so! so i'm sure downloading is not illegal again...lol
Its very very good...You can also look for Top Boy and a movie called "Intent"
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bratking(m): 2:24pm On Nov 18, 2017
Falzdbadtguy:

Because u have to be like 8 yrs old to enjoy them

Marvel shows that have adult contents and rightfully certified 18+ are for 8 year olds?? Dude, you're either trying to take the piss or you're just a bad troll. Just saying.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 2:26pm On Nov 18, 2017
Bratking:

Marvel shows that have adult contents and rightfully certified 18+ are for 8 year olds?? Dude, you're either trying to take the piss or you're just a bad troll. Just saying.
lol....u don't get it
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bratking(m): 2:27pm On Nov 18, 2017
Falzdbadtguy:
lol....u don't get it
Explain then?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 2:27pm On Nov 18, 2017
Bratking:

It is simply SARCASM

(1) (2) (3) ... (874) (875) (876) (877) (878) (879) (880) ... (2819) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.