Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,052 members, 7,841,978 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 06:08 PM

I Think It Is Wrong To Present Your Marital Or Relationship Issues To Ur Pastor! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Think It Is Wrong To Present Your Marital Or Relationship Issues To Ur Pastor! (652 Views)

Have You Ever Felt Relieved After Ending A Friendship Or Relationship? / Tough Relationship Issues, Can You Answer? [images] / Let's Know Your Marital Status (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Think It Is Wrong To Present Your Marital Or Relationship Issues To Ur Pastor! by Nobody: 11:31am On Aug 21, 2021
Your pastor could be your role model or spiritual mentor. But your pastor is never a relationship expert or a marriage counsellor.

Why do couples take their private issues to a spiritual leader? Are they seeking to address their problem or they only want to make it worse.

Most "men of God" are actually having a hard time with their marriage/ relationship but they try as much as they can to hide it from the general public, just to maintain a non-existent perfect profile as "General overseers"

Most pastors beat their wives, some are involved in different high level scandals, yet some persons think it's best to seek advice from these persons?

Dont tell me to take the message and ignore the messenger. You must preach what u practice and practice what u preach.

I think it's actually inappropriate to meet most pastors for relationship or marital advice.

What's your take on the subject guys?

Re: I Think It Is Wrong To Present Your Marital Or Relationship Issues To Ur Pastor! by yuping(m): 11:39am On Aug 21, 2021
People don't feel comfortable to share their relationship problem with counselors and look at the economy effect also pastors don't charge directly so they preffered who they no and very cheap.
And when reporting your spouse, people prefer someone he can easily respect and obey immediately. You don't expect a wife beater to follow the instructions of a marriage counselor or you expect a wife beater to even heard the call of a random counselor if I hear.
Re: I Think It Is Wrong To Present Your Marital Or Relationship Issues To Ur Pastor! by iPrevail(m): 11:39am On Aug 21, 2021
In Nigeria, a pastor doubles as a shrink/psychologist. And some of them have wayward children and some are wife beaters. I'd rather share my problems with my pet.
Re: I Think It Is Wrong To Present Your Marital Or Relationship Issues To Ur Pastor! by Nobody: 11:45am On Aug 21, 2021
iPrevail:
In Nigeria, a pastor doubles as a shrink/psychologist. And some of them have wayward children and some are wife beaters. I'd rather share my problems with my pet.
lol
Re: I Think It Is Wrong To Present Your Marital Or Relationship Issues To Ur Pastor! by ojun50(m): 11:53am On Aug 21, 2021
No be this present they pastors....
Re: I Think It Is Wrong To Present Your Marital Or Relationship Issues To Ur Pastor! by Righteousness2(m): 12:05pm On Aug 21, 2021
Your thinking is a wrong thinking.

I do not advocate for third Parties in home affairs but their is nothing wrong if you go to your Counselor or Pastor for such.

Not Everyone has the same level of Maturity and understanding in Matters , whether Spiritual or Physical. There are People who cannot manage their affairs and they need someone they can confide in to help them out. There are others who can manage their affairs without involving anyone.

There is absolutely nothing wrong in tabling their affairs before their Pastors or whoever.
Re: I Think It Is Wrong To Present Your Marital Or Relationship Issues To Ur Pastor! by Nobody: 12:13pm On Aug 21, 2021
Righteousness2:
I do not advocate for third Parties in home affairs but their is nothing wrong if you go to your Counselor or Pastor for such.

Not Everyone has the same level of Maturity and understanding in Matters , whether Spiritual or Physical. There are People who cannot manage their affairs and they need someone they can confide in to help them out. There are others who can manage their affairs without involving anyone.

There is absolutely nothing wrong in tabling their affairs before their Pastors or whoever.
this guy though... pls what's the name of your church let me bring my tithe there tommorowcheesy
Re: I Think It Is Wrong To Present Your Marital Or Relationship Issues To Ur Pastor! by Temmylee02: 12:14pm On Aug 21, 2021
I don't like any of my matters being transferred to any pastoral department.... Simple.
Re: I Think It Is Wrong To Present Your Marital Or Relationship Issues To Ur Pastor! by Nobody: 12:30pm On Aug 21, 2021
Temmylee02:
I don't like any of my matters being transferred to any pastoral department.... Simple.
cool... same here
Re: I Think It Is Wrong To Present Your Marital Or Relationship Issues To Ur Pastor! by Deltafirstson(m): 1:01pm On Aug 21, 2021
Righteousness2:
Your thinking is a wrong thinking.

Who pastor tabling his own marriage issue to?

(1) (Reply)

Wahala Girl Friend / The Hypocrisy Of Holding Unto Tradition When It Suits You / I Need A Mature Woman To Marry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.