Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,484 members, 7,830,444 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:20 PM

Yahaya Bello: Why Tinubu Should Not Succeed Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yahaya Bello: Why Tinubu Should Not Succeed Buhari (35077 Views)

2023: Second Term Governors Plot To Succeed Buhari / Ahmed Yerima Plans To Succeed Buhari As President / Pastor Tunde Bakare: "I Will Succeed Buhari As President Of Nigeria" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yahaya Bello: Why Tinubu Should Not Succeed Buhari by Maxymilliano(m): 11:00am On Aug 22, 2021
Governor Yahaya Bello of Kogi State has given reasons why a former Lagos State governor and national leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu should not succeed President Muhammadu Buhari in 2023, saying the purported pact between the president and the former Lagos governor is not binding.

Bello, whose campaign posters for the presidency have littered parts of the country, in an exclusive interview with Daily Trust, said the leader of the APC would be convinced to support a young aspirant to succeed Buhari.

Daily Trust reports that Tinubu, who played a key role in the formation of the ruling party and victory of President Buhari, is yet to declare for the presidency, but his body language shows he may throw his hat in the ring.

The quest by blocs to grab the soul of the ruling party ahead of the 2023 politicking has ignited internal crisis. The three main blocs battling to take over the party’s soul comprise governors, the presidency and Tinubu’s group. There are other smaller camps within the three main blocs.

“Senator Tinubu is one of our leaders and I respect him so much. He has played a very significant role in Nigeria’s democracy and has built a lot of people. He has paid his dues, and with all respect as a son to him, my simple advice is that it is time for him to allow his children to take over the mantle of leadership. And let us do it to the glory of God and his admiration. He should see that those children he raised are now doing well. Let him see how we would manage this country in his lifetime.

“He has a right to contest, nobody is questioning that. I always urge everybody to respect him for the roles he has played in this country’s democracy. He is a man of integrity, to be candid,” the governor said.

Responding to a question on the possibility of Tinubu pulling out from the party if he is denied the presidential ticket of the APC, Bello said, “You don’t build a house and destroy it. I don’t think Tinubu would do that. I think he has grown past that. He is an elder statesman who will not say that the country should be destroyed in his lifetime, not even after his demise. So I don’t see him doing that. I don’t see that happening at all. I can speak for him, that at an appropriate time he will throw his weight behind a Nigerian youth to take over the leadership of this country while he would be behind the scene giving support as an elder statesman and one of the leaders of this party.”

On his 2023 ambition, he said he would give an affirmative answer at the appropriate time to those mounting pressure on him to contest for presidency.

It’s our turn – Sen Akanbi

When contacted, Tinubu’s media aide, Mr Tunde Rahman, declined comment on Governor Bello’s statement.

But Senator Rilwan Akanbi, who represented Oyo South in the Eighth Senate and a key advocate of the Tinubu 2023 presidency, said Governor Bello’s comment was his personal opinion and he is entitled to it.

Akanbi, who is the vice chairman of the South-West Agenda (SWAGA), a group formed by Tinubu’s loyalists to champion the 2023 aspiration of the former Lagos State governor, said Bello and Tinubu, like every other Nigerian, are entitled to the presidency as long as they meet the requirements.

He, however, said it was the turn of the South, specifically the South-West, to produce the next president.

He also said the issue of presidency was beyond producing a youth, but the person must have the experience and track record to lead the country.

“Whatever Governor Bello said is his personal opinion and he is entitled to it. What we are saying is that the South should be considered; that is our first agenda, then we are pushing it to the South-West. He can keep on playing to the gallery.

“Everybody has the right to aspire. There’s no restriction as far as you can meet the requirements; and we have all met it. I am equally qualified to contest.

“But some people believe in maturity, capacity, capability and experience. It depends on the school of thought you belong to. And whatever opportunity you have been given to perform, your track record is very important. It will show whether you can lead a country like Nigeria,” Akanbi said.

Asiwaju is our candidate – Yoruba group

Also speaking, the president of the Yoruba Welfare Group (YWG), another Tinubu’s support group, Comrade Abdulhakeem Alawuje, said Nigeria required a leader with capacity and experience, and Asiwaju is the right person.

“We need Tinubu’s brain and mental prowess. If you have anyone that can match his capacity, present him here rather than crying like a baby. Tinubu is our choice, we stand by him.

“What is needed in a leader is not his age, but knowledge, character, experience and team spirit. The current American president, Joe Biden, almost fell down many times on a plane’s staircases in a day, yet he was not called to resign or impeached by Americans. Rather, he is moving America towards development and progress.

“His predecessor, Donald Trump, was also old, if not older than Buhari and Tinubu, yet Americans benefitted from his presidency.

“The president will not be in every state, but if he is a man with a good team, his impact would be felt in every village. All a competent leader needs to do is make his social, political and economic policies known, compiled by his equally competent team members, hereby called formulators,” the group noted.

https://dailytrust.com/why-tinubu-should-not-succeed-buhari-kogi-gov

1 Like

Re: Yahaya Bello: Why Tinubu Should Not Succeed Buhari by VoltageDivida(m): 11:01am On Aug 22, 2021
We hear you

Neither Tinubu nor Bello nor any APC or PDP member, young or old should succeed Buhari. We need a new breed, Fresh brain, unstained and uncorrupted by these corrupt set of leaders.

15 Likes

Re: Yahaya Bello: Why Tinubu Should Not Succeed Buhari by Jerryherd: 11:08am On Aug 22, 2021
cool

If you can pass through Kaba to isanlu road comfortably then vote Yeye bello

179 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Yahaya Bello: Why Tinubu Should Not Succeed Buhari by Urbanchampion: 11:09am On Aug 22, 2021
Asiwaju isn't running for President, but Yahaya Bello should count his luck and go to Senate, if he want to remain in politics beyond 2024, he's asking for the impossible to be gunning for the post of president of Nigeria.

43 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Yahaya Bello: Why Tinubu Should Not Succeed Buhari by joe54: 11:10am On Aug 22, 2021
grin
How would a patriotic Nigerian conceive the thought of Tinubu for President after the massive failure of buhari.
Tinubu will never be President.

101 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Yahaya Bello: Why Tinubu Should Not Succeed Buhari by Racoon(m): 11:10am On Aug 22, 2021
So Yahaya Bello-the failure youth of a governor thinks Bola Tinubu is not fit but himself is good to go? He must be suffering from the Dunning Kruger Effect; "Wherein incompetent people do not only fail to realize their incompetence but consider themselves more competent than anyone else."

The fact is Nigeria does not deserves these old band of failed recycled brigade of politicians but a complete regionalisation of government so that the competitors are narrowed down to their people who know them better hence can determine their competency.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yahaya Bello: Why Tinubu Should Not Succeed Buhari by Totilopussylick(m): 11:11am On Aug 22, 2021
What ever Yahya Bello said is his opinion, he's entitled to it.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yahaya Bello: Why Tinubu Should Not Succeed Buhari by FarahAideed: 11:12am On Aug 22, 2021
Urbanchampion:
Asiwaju isn't running for President, but Yahaya Bello should count his luck and go to Senate, if he want to remain in politics beyond 2024, he's asking for the impossible to be gunning for the post of president of Nigeria.

Yayaya is not a fool , he is not gunning for President but VP

8 Likes

Re: Yahaya Bello: Why Tinubu Should Not Succeed Buhari by Minnairam: 11:13am On Aug 22, 2021
Back in 2015, You voted BUHARI and was 21 years old then, by 2023 you will be 28 years old.

Continue.

If you like vote old cargos with no vision like Tinubu, you will regret it.

Your 30s will be wasted and at 40 you will have nothing to show for it.

Be warned.

Other countries: Natural disasters
Nigeria: Leadership disaster

82 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Yahaya Bello: Why Tinubu Should Not Succeed Buhari by KillMNKnow(f): 11:13am On Aug 22, 2021
From Muslim to Muslim let's the Christians handle it again, wether they'll get things right this time, I hope they'll not repeat OBJ and GEJ.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yahaya Bello: Why Tinubu Should Not Succeed Buhari by Restructuring: 11:13am On Aug 22, 2021
Tinubu is old, sick, weak and is waisted

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yahaya Bello: Why Tinubu Should Not Succeed Buhari by Maxymilliano(m): 11:19am On Aug 22, 2021
Tinubu should not succeed Buhari but Belllo can succeed Buhari, isn't it ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yahaya Bello: Why Tinubu Should Not Succeed Buhari by AroleOduduwa2: 11:20am On Aug 22, 2021
This deluded over fed boy is biting more than he can chew. He should enjoy his loot in peace and stop meddling in men’s game

6 Likes

Re: Yahaya Bello: Why Tinubu Should Not Succeed Buhari by OVB123: 11:22am On Aug 22, 2021
It happen to Awolowo (1965 and 1979) Abiola (1993) and now Tinubu. I only pity him because the north(Arewa Consultative Forum) I know very well will not let him be. It is quite unfortunate that we - Southern Nigeria, will not learn from history. Nahim Sabi.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yahaya Bello: Why Tinubu Should Not Succeed Buhari by Asgard73: 11:23am On Aug 22, 2021
Power returns North... .. all this Yoruba noise ... still remain noise

Bello and President ... not serious though.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yahaya Bello: Why Tinubu Should Not Succeed Buhari by babyfaceafrica: 11:24am On Aug 22, 2021
But you are not a good choice, so kip kwayet
Re: Yahaya Bello: Why Tinubu Should Not Succeed Buhari by SmartPolician: 11:31am On Aug 22, 2021
“He has a right to contest, nobody is questioning that. I always urge everybody to respect him for the roles he has played in this country’s democracy. He is a man of integrity, to be candid,” the governor said.

That's where I stopped reading.

If the APC despises the Igbo so much so that her politicians don't deserve its presidential ticket, a man from the South South should be given the ticket to continue from where Jonathan stopped.

If the South West is not careful, power will return to the north in 2023. Fairness, justice and equity should mean something in a country of 370 tribes.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yahaya Bello: Why Tinubu Should Not Succeed Buhari by chatinent: 11:35am On Aug 22, 2021
I don't care about Tinubu. I care for the vice president who may become president before a year into the office.

1 Like

Re: Yahaya Bello: Why Tinubu Should Not Succeed Buhari by 7lives: 11:45am On Aug 22, 2021
naija4life247:

Pele, monkey eye drug trafficker. Your father too is a Nigerian. Buy form for him. Let him campaign and contest. Or are you saying that your father is incompetent? If you are not saying that, then buy form for your father too and let him contest. Who knows, he may be the Messiah or Mai Suya that Nigerians have been waiting for. If you are not doing that, then shut the fucck up before I shut it up for you forcefully.

Case closed.

3 Likes

Re: Yahaya Bello: Why Tinubu Should Not Succeed Buhari by yetunsbay(m): 11:46am On Aug 22, 2021
Politically Yahaya is direspectful.

2 Likes

Re: Yahaya Bello: Why Tinubu Should Not Succeed Buhari by Mastakija(m): 11:47am On Aug 22, 2021
Yamayama bello seff det talk

1 Like

Re: Yahaya Bello: Why Tinubu Should Not Succeed Buhari by Tinubuadvocate: 11:53am On Aug 22, 2021
God punish you there bello.well I'm not blame you I blamed the death of Abubakar and Buhari weak leadership if not because of that you will not smell governor seat.

6 Likes

Re: Yahaya Bello: Why Tinubu Should Not Succeed Buhari by Cruseder(m): 1:00pm On Aug 22, 2021
Bello no get shame at all,in your state civil servant are receiving 30% salary and you want to contest for President mumu man.
two of you are not fit.

3 Likes

Re: Yahaya Bello: Why Tinubu Should Not Succeed Buhari by Mrread(m): 1:10pm On Aug 22, 2021
Bring anyone who's more capable than tinubu at this moment

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yahaya Bello: Why Tinubu Should Not Succeed Buhari by humilitypays(m): 1:13pm On Aug 22, 2021
Next Nigeria's President must be a Southern Christian.

Enough of terrorist Muslims pushing Nigeria into destruction.

No more Muslim Presidency. They should go to Afghanistan and join their brothers in Allah there. Dangerous people angry

22 Likes

Re: Yahaya Bello: Why Tinubu Should Not Succeed Buhari by vedaxcool(m): 1:58pm On Aug 22, 2021
SmartPolician:

That's where I stopped reading.

If the APC despises the Igbo so much so that her politicians don't deserve its presidential ticket, a man from the South South should be given the ticket to continue from where Jonathan stopped.

If the South West is not careful, power will return to the north in 2023. Fairness, justice and equity should mean something in a country of 370 tribes.

You want Islamic party ticket?
Re: Yahaya Bello: Why Tinubu Should Not Succeed Buhari by vedaxcool(m): 2:01pm On Aug 22, 2021
[s]
humilitypays:
Next Nigeria's President must be a Southern Christian.

Enough of terrorist Muslims pushing Nigeria into destruction.

No more Muslim Presidency. They should go to Afghanistan and join their brothers in Allah there. Dangerous people angry

[/s]

Cownu left it in Israel. M

2 Likes

Re: Yahaya Bello: Why Tinubu Should Not Succeed Buhari by Ikpeyi: 2:53pm On Aug 22, 2021
Na so ooooo....

Hon. Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba for 2023...
Re: Yahaya Bello: Why Tinubu Should Not Succeed Buhari by Authoreety: 3:06pm On Aug 22, 2021
naija4life247:

Pele, monkey eye drug trafficker. Your father too is a Nigerian. Buy form for him. Let him campaign and contest. Or are you saying that your father is incompetent? If you are not saying that, then buy form for your father too and let him contest. Who knows, he may be the Messiah or Mai Suya that Nigerians have been waiting for. If you are not doing that, then shut the fucck up before I shut it up for you forcefully.

My friend, will you keep kwayet... Keyboard warrior

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Rhodes-Vivour Reacts To Alleged Plot To Intimidate Voters With Oro Festival / NEDG Presidential Debate Boycott: In Defence Of Muhammadu Buhari / Return Money Collected From Dasuki, PDP Tells Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.