Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,560 members, 7,827,090 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:58 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (465) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (865482 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (462) (463) (464) (465) (466) (467) (468) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Davidganna10: 2:56pm On Oct 28, 2021
lilylurv:

UPDATED

Yaaaaayyyy! #WhatGodCannotDoDoes Not Exist

June 15 application date
Biometric completed June 28
Request for medical sept 29
Medical done Oct 14
Medical passed Oct 16
Bvl and ppr Oct 27

School already resumed Sept 7
still expecting documents you submitted. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Davidganna10: 3:00pm On Oct 28, 2021
Winnn:
It's PPR l!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! God of signs and wonders!
we are still expecting your timeline and documents submitted. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Bunmijab: 3:02pm On Oct 28, 2021
Frankalvinz:
Landing gist

Day of Travel - 30th Sept
Arrival Day - 1st Sept
Flight name - Royal Dutch Airlines (Lufthanza)
Stops - Lagos -> Amsterdam -> Ontario

I arrived at the Lagos airport at 5pm against my flight of 10:45pm, none of my bags were checked because my cousin knew some of the airport officials (note that i was carrying a lot of food stuffs), i weighed my 2 luggages which were approved. I was asked for all my travel Documents, School Documents, ArriveCAN receipt and COVID19 test result. I also had to fill one yellow card stuff with my details and submit to them. After all this brouhaha, I proceeded to my Flight gate, where i waited till my flight time.

The flight from Lagos to Amsterdam was approximately 12hrs or so (can't remember), we landed in Amsterdam where i proceeded to my next gate after series of checks from airport officials. Omoh, the Wi-Fi at this airport fast die, its free and you have Unlimited usuage.

We left for Canada after 3 hrs, omoh all their food tire me. I arrived at Canada around 12pm Canadian Time (5 hour behind Nigeria), did some checks after which we proceeded to immigration officers for our official study permits. After which we went to get our luggages (these guys manhandled alot of luggages, i could not even recognize one of my luggages after passing by it 15 times).
(This part is for unvaccinated travelers)
We proceeded for the Covid19 tests (register at Switchhealth.ca to avoid the long queue). After this, you would be handed the Day 8 home test kit. Then you're free to go to your choice of quarantine.

You can change dollars to CAD at the airport when you land, just don't change everything on you cos their rates are high compared to banks.

Note;
1) Please if you can get your Covid19 shots in Nigeria before coming over, DO IT! To avoid stress.
2) Register for your SIN immediately you get your study Permit, because you will need this number if you want to work.

Throw me with your Questions, if it's something i can handle, I'd let you know. Good luck on your PPR journey!

Wow nice
Sweet landing gist
We'll join u soon

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Davidganna10: 3:04pm On Oct 28, 2021
Kemisolarachy:
Will share my timeline soon

we are still waiting for your timeline and documents submitted. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by PapaObi: 3:05pm On Oct 28, 2021
You can see where a part of the issue may be arising in 1st application you are self sponsored, second cousin, what happened to all the money he said he had before? That would be the question. Now as you stated you put pictures of your cousin but did you put his valid ID and also explain how you two are cousins. As far as the VO is concerned anybody can call someone their cousin. These are issues to be addresed. You and your cousin can be co sponsors. And if possible show statement for a year.
HakHim:

I used a sponsor in my second application.... My cousin.... He sent me money into my account for my tuition fees... The first application I used self sponsored
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Davidganna10: 3:07pm On Oct 28, 2021
Kenthro:

It seems emailing the Mp works, cause she did that yesterday and got ppr today
we will like yo know the documents your sister submitted. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Davidganna10: 3:08pm On Oct 28, 2021
Kenthro:

It seems emailing the Mp works, cause she did that yesterday and got ppr today
we would like yo know the documents your sister submitted. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Davidganna10: 3:10pm On Oct 28, 2021
Gold4sure1:
Finally!!! PPR after 5pm the and two weeks, Lord I’m grateful, thank you so much guys for keeping my hope alive���
your timeline and documents submitted please. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by quin9(f): 3:10pm On Oct 28, 2021
HakHim:

Thank you for your response.... Let me explain to you... I did engineering, I am working in my field I applied for a course in engineering. Reasonable expense might be that considering all the money I have will be spent on the education I am planning to do in Canada...remember this was said from my first application.... As I feel they judged me based in only my salary .... So I had to break it down on how the money rolls in.... Now I have a business already established... I even have a company CAC... Then I had to get a new equipment to add to the existing one to show that I still plan to continue my business which I feel was a good home tie (my own thinking).... I told them about my parents as well but I did not put the pictures of parents or siblings.... But I used a sponsor that's my cousin different surname.... But I added his picture of me and him together.......I then added my finance also... Also landed properties ... Then I explained how the course I am going for will be beneficial to my current job and Nigeria at large.... And about the lump sum ... This was from the first application in my second application I stated that I have transferred all the cash to my other account so there was no any lump sum in the second application....

Sorry about the delay. I think you should include pictures with your parents and siblings,include any form of ID they have too(passport,national ID or even NIN) anyone you can get.This Visa thing some people breeze through while others have to go the extra mile,it’s just a reminder of how life is structured….Best wishes.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Keema2404: 3:13pm On Oct 28, 2021
Wahala wa bayi oo
It's beginning to look like I'm the only May applicant remaining though I received my BVL(correspondence letter) since Oct 4th and since then nothing..
Upfront medical was passed since May19th too
#May6th.....

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by tourphland(m): 3:16pm On Oct 28, 2021
Jay316:
bros u dey ask me like say I don travel b4.lol.
I dont know where am going oooo.just knw that its Vancouver. when I get there,I will probably rent an Airbnb nd worth my self.am thanking God 4 that GIC I did.at least I know I will get 2kCAD when I arrive.that should help me settle 4 a month at least

Lmao… what’s the average cost for such airbnb abeg
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Johnchan2: 3:16pm On Oct 28, 2021
Keema2404:
Wahala wa bayi oo
It's beginning to look like I'm the only May applicant remaining though I received my BVL(correspondence letter) since Oct 4th and since then nothing..
#May6th.....

My dear, you are not ooh

May 11th here still waiting ... NO BVL self

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by mudiwest(m): 3:18pm On Oct 28, 2021
Keema2404:
Wahala wa bayi oo
#May6th.....

It's not just you oo. May 8th is still here. Tired X2

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Omiinii: 3:23pm On Oct 28, 2021
Ahhh go cafe I sent mail to Nairobi this morning and it went through
Cloudweb:
Am not using any VPN in my phone...I tried same with my laptop still same result.

I don't know if is a general problem or from my side.

I send a mail now to the MP it went but to Nairobi it keep bouncing back.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Omiinii: 3:26pm On Oct 28, 2021
Send mails 50 times every day including weekends. Request a finalization on your webform every single day. Send mails to all the MPs designated to your province....BVL signifies a decision has been made. Why the delay?
Keema2404:
Wahala wa bayi oo
#May6th.....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Bunmijab: 3:27pm On Oct 28, 2021
debbzJay:
Landing Gist!!!
Lagos to Calgary.

It was a long but smooth flight for me. I left Lagos on Sunday 23rd by 10pm, got to the airport around 7, checked my bags in; I had to adjust my things to be 23kg both, I removed some things from my box and put them in the bag containing my food items.
My bags weren't checked, the officer just asked why I was travelling and if it was my first time then she let me go)
At the Lagos airport, I was asked to show my LOA, enrolment letter (since classes have started), Covid result, passport and ArriveCAN receipt. I was given a yellow form which I filled and submitted at the Immigration stand. Before boarding the flight, my hand luggage was checked but nothing was removed, it was just my laptop, snacks and some clothes that filled my 2 hand luggage. No stress at the Lagos airport actually.

I used KLM so we first went to Amsterdam, it was a 7hours flight; food was served but I only ate the chicken - I had snacks with me and I slept most of the time. When we got to Amsterdam, I missed my way and went to the place for exit rather than going to wait for my connecting flight but an officer redirected me (we were about 4 that made this mistake). It was a long wait here (close to 7 hours again) but I spent most of it communicating with my family via the free wifi at the airport. I had 2 devices so when the 1 hour free internet expired on my phone, I switched to my Ipad and started watching a movie (Squid Game) and I switched back to my phone again when that also expired (I didn't sleep at the stopover and I wasn't so bored too, thanks to the free wifi).

Time came for us to continue our journey to Calgary and it was a 9 hours journey but smooth as well. I had pasta this time and it wasn't so bad then I continued my sleep. Got to Calgary, had my documents checked, same docs that were checked at the Lagos airport. Was asked to declare my food items (I didn't go with any poultry product, just fish, stockfish, some leaves, egusi, ogbonno, spices, crayfish) then the officer wrote it down on a yellow form and selected me for a random sample(covid test) then I went into another room where I was given my study permit and was told that I could work for up to 20hours per week. From there, I went for the Covid test since I was selected and when I was done there, I was free to go. I wasn't asked to be quarantined since I was fully vaccinated and presented no Covid symptoms. When I got out of the airport, the cold breeze welcomed me so I rushed back into the airport and waited patiently for my host to come pick me up.

It's been good so far and my classes are still online so I am still enjoying staying at home.
Thanks to everyone that has contributed on this platform, I learnt a lot from here.
Congrats to those who have received their PPR and to those still expecting, may it end in praise for you. Amen!!!

Another sweet landing gist
We'll definitely join u soon
Congratulations once more
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Youngman911: 3:32pm On Oct 28, 2021
Aijay26:

My journey to canada started a while ago, i started researching about this journey in 2019 when i was in final year . On the 30th of June I got admitted to MUN for a thesis based masters program.

Then I applied for passport , normal Nigeria hassle now, i waited for 6 weeks.
Applied: 9th September
Biometrics: 13th September
Ppr: 28th October

Documents
* Sop: 4 pages , I spoke about my past experiences, my final year project and told them the advancement Canada has in the field of renewable energy. Mind you my research is in renewable energy. I spoke about my supervisor’s research works and what we intend to do. I attached letter of confirmation from my undergraduate professor who was final year supervisor and also my IT work place.
* CV
* Transcript
* Waec
* Certificate
* One year tuition fee
* Birth certificate and death certificate of family members
* Nieces birth certificate
* Letter confirming I worked in those places i included in my sop

* PROOF OF FUNDS
* Sponsor:
* My brother in laws 6months bank statements . With an inflow of 700million and outflow of 600million and a balance of 20KCAD which he deposited for my maintenance. He raised a bank draft to avoid lump sum deposits. And he deposited 500K to my account and made a remake: Study permit application fee.
* Affidavit of sponsorship
* Letter of sponsorship indicating he raised a bank draft . I submitted this 3 weeks after through webform
* CAC certificate
* Marriage certificate
* Land properties documents
Co Sponsor: My brother
My brother works in canada, 4 months bank statements of 33KCAD
* letter of sponsorship indicating he will sponsor me with 12KCAD yearly
* Letter of introduction from his employee
* Work permit
* Birth certificate
* Biweekly payslips
Mother: although i didn’t indicate she is my sponsor but i wanted to show them she is established in nigeria.
* mother is a director in federal ministry
* So i added her promotion letter
* Land property documents
* 33kCAD pension bank statements. I didn’t add her personal account tho. I added this documents(land property and pension BS) on the 26th of October.
HOME TIE
* I am 23 years old and i no get any thing. I used my sister’s child( i am her godmother) add pictures as proof that i have been her mother ever since her mother( my sister)died during delivery.
* I said i am the only surviving daughter so i said i will come back to mother and my mother will take care of the child.
* I added my mother’s land property.
TRAVEL HISTORY
I never travel before but my family members don travel wella.
* brother inlaw visa pages( USA, UK, CANADA, DUBAI, KENYA SCHENGEN)
* Mother ( Expired US visa and valid US)
* Sister( Expired UK visa, KENYA, DUBAI)
Things i did differently; I applied using the IRCC portal not GCkey . For some reasons i couldn’t open a GCKey account
My brother applied over there for me.
Things i did differently SPIRITUALLY. I used his words. His word is yes and amen. I am a Christian and I declared it that i will get it

I am a believer and i used his words. I still remember this morning by 5 am i had a dream that I wasn’t approved . I quoted scriptures and countered it.

Congratulations. Your application was well packaged! Well deserved approval

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Bunmijab: 3:38pm On Oct 28, 2021
Teeprecious:
Hello guys, thank God for me. I got my PPR this afternoon,apparently it's been sitting in my mail since 3.30pm but I had a busy day at work. After work,I went for a program in my church. It was when we closed I checked my phone and realised I had a message in my Gmail.
Lo and behold...there sat my approval since 3.30pm this afternoon.
This was a reapplication and in my previous application, the VO showed concerns about my funds stating he perceived it was for demonstration purpose only(I saw this in my GCMS notes.
Timeline below:
Application submission: 14th sept
BVL and PPR: 27th Oct.
I saw only one ghost update and eligibility never started till after PPR sef.

Since the concern was mainly on finance,all I did was pay a year tuition as against the initial tuition deposit I paid. I perceived that if I claimed I was self sponsored and the money accessible to me,why pay the minimum which was the tuition deposit?
I only submitted MBS for my pof,snip shot of my student account showing one year tuition,upfront medical,IELTS,LOE and new LOA.

Special thanks to all the gurus and everyone taking their time to answer the numerous questions here. For everyone expecting,God will make it speedy and easy for you.

Amen to that last prayer
And congratulations... Favour ahead for u
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Bunmijab: 3:39pm On Oct 28, 2021
KoinsOfLagos:
PPR came in today!

Timeline
Submitted June 6
Medical Request September 16
Medicals October 5
PPR October 27

Please how do I send my passport to their office in Lagos?

Massive congrats
It has ended in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ekulu77: 3:43pm On Oct 28, 2021
Ahhh
Nooo ooo
May 15th is still here
Omohhh!!!
Keema2404:
Wahala wa bayi oo
#May6th.....

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Raeinn: 3:48pm On Oct 28, 2021
Keema2404:
Wahala wa bayi oo
#May6th.....

It’s not just you oh, I applied on the 15th of May and i haven’t received any update apart from my medical which i passed on the 21st of May. It is well and it shall end in praise.�

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by AbiolaSYA: 3:49pm On Oct 28, 2021
Keema2404:
Wahala wa bayi oo
#May6th.....

You’re not alone o, I applied 1st of May, medicals and biometrics done. Got a request letter 27th September and no update since then. It’ll end in praise by Gods grace.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Bunmijab: 3:51pm On Oct 28, 2021
Ifeolu234:
Apologies this is coming quite late.

I am thankful to God for my approval and putting this here to be a motivation for someone else applying or that has applied already. May God grant our heart desires.

I sincerely appreciate every contribution made on this thread and the previous ones. I have been a low-key follower of this thread and basically used every info here for my application.

Timeline - First time applicant

Application - August 13
Biometrics - August 17
Upfront medical - August 25
Medical updated to pass - Sept. 8
BVL - Oct. 12
PPR - Oct. 13

Docs Submitted
Detailed SOP of about 3 pages explaining why I chose Computer Science while coming from an Electronics background
University confirmation of degree awarded - certificate is not yet ready
University transcript
GRE report
WAEC
Church recommendation letter
Employment offer/recommendation letters
Police cert.
Birth cert.
Personal CAC docs/Memorandum of Article showing shares distributions
Professional training/certifications proof
Family members birth certificates and family picture
Parents land document
Co-op letter from school

POF
Tuition deposit receipt
Personal investment letter of roughly 3k CAD with Cowrywise at time of application
MBS with high inflow/outflow but with low closing balance - I can't really remember but I read on the group that it's always good to show your personal account no matter the closing balance
Sponsor's letter of support describing the relationship, sponsor's job, the amount dedicated for my studies, and total investment net worth
Sponsor's proof of investments
Sponsor's bank statement
Sponsor's intl. passport and visa stamped passport pages
Personal pay stubs from freelance work
Screenshot of a table showing freelance projects, the amount made so far and the amount outstanding from signed contracts
Contract invoices/agreements
Past and present employment offer letters

*My Client Information and POF both have table of contents that highlight every document I attached and the pages they can be found.
*No education gap
*About 3 years of work experience interning and working professionally in the computing industry.

Congratulations
It will end in praise for me too
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 3:52pm On Oct 28, 2021
May 13th here. I dn send mails tire.
Keema2404:
Wahala wa bayi oo
#May6th.....

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Bunmijab: 4:10pm On Oct 28, 2021
Ketima:
It was a funfair of PPR so far. Wishing you all PPR. Lord remember Iffylove, Teemenzo, Tinankem to mention but a few and many more awaiting the joy of PPR.

SweetJJ, I'm waiting for landing gist oooo grin grin grin grin grin

I join my faith with others and I receive the overwhelming joy of PPR too

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 4:14pm On Oct 28, 2021
Be expectant..

Final decision isn't far from you..

Peace
Keema2404:
Wahala wa bayi oo
It's beginning to look like[b] I'm the only May applicant remaining though I received my BVL(correspondence letter) since Oct 4th[/b] and since then nothing..
#May6th.....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by TheDarkGamer: 4:18pm On Oct 28, 2021
Please, my agent sent this to me.

Is this what I think it is?

16 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Aijay26: 4:20pm On Oct 28, 2021
TheDarkGamer:

congratulations!!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by TheDarkGamer: 4:24pm On Oct 28, 2021
Aijay26:
congratulations!!!!!

Thank you.

I'm so elated right now. But just to be clear, my study visa has been approved right?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 4:26pm On Oct 28, 2021
TheDarkGamer:

Thank you.

I'm so elated right now. But just to be clear, my study visa has been approved right?
yeah

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by KingofAfrica: 4:28pm On Oct 28, 2021
Guys I’m I the only one who got medical Request as far back as 24th September who is yet to receive PPR? I’ve been seeing people who got medical Requests get PPR within a week. The wait is so frustrating!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nonsoooooo: 4:29pm On Oct 28, 2021
Congratulations��
TheDarkGamer:

(1) (2) (3) ... (462) (463) (464) (465) (466) (467) (468) ... (834)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.