Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,263 members, 7,811,731 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:16 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (468) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (852449 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (465) (466) (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lianna2020: 8:43pm On Oct 28, 2021
Okay then .
Jay316:
remember, u had gotten ur study permit then.it was not ur 1st time.as far as u have gotten ur study permit, u dont need a valid medical to enter Canada.just ur TRV.The 1st tym u went,it was valid ma.its on IRCC website
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by TheDarkGamer: 8:53pm On Oct 28, 2021
TheDarkGamer:
Please, my university is requesting for vaccination proof or proof of exemption.

I cannot get vaccinated because of my age. Where can I get proof of exemption and what can I do to address that. Can I get it done before Monday?

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 8:59pm On Oct 28, 2021
Ketima:

Wow!! really. thought one won't be allowed to travel if medical is expired? Couldn't it be that maybe as you have traveled initially before it got expired and returned back now, so it would not matter? please I need to know cos that 40k can go a long way in paying for my flight.
she got her study permit in July or June and her medical was still valid.u just need ur valid medical for ur study permit.its even one of the requirements.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 9:06pm On Oct 28, 2021
tourphland:

Lmao… what’s the average cost for such airbnb abeg
its between 35CAD to 40CAD per night in vancouver o.no be mai mai.which school are u going to let's see if we can collaborate and rent a shared basement or apartment

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 9:11pm On Oct 28, 2021
TheDarkGamer:

Thank you.

I'm so elated right now. But just to be clear, my study visa has been approved right?
yeah mehn.its,approved but u must send a valid passport within 30 days for it to be concluded
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 9:20pm On Oct 28, 2021
Olamiikunle:
Good evening house.
I am about to submit my application for student visa.
My company boss is standing as my sponsor with full tuition to be paid next week and all supporting documents.
However, i learnt i need to show some funds in my own personal account.
I have a little over N3.6m in my piggyvest account with steady proof of monthly savings inflow from my Bank account bearing same name for over 12months
Also, about N2.8m in bank personal account which i spend from daily ( also this account sometimes received large sums due to the fact that i help people manage projects as an architect). Also this account has numerous transactions due to coming up wedding.
My question: Is it safer to use the piggyvest account alone which doesnt require explanations of how i got about the different transactions? Also considering the fact that my bank account balance can move up and down at anytime
I dont know what d gurus have to say but ur boss sponsoring u is a red flag oo.its very difficult to convince the V.O of the logical reason why ur boss in the office would wanna sponsor u and not even his company sponsoring u.both of them are red flag and serious 3rd party sponsorship. Is ur boss ready to pay ur school fees for one year and send u 10k CAD for living expenses then the rest in ur account will be for travel and other expenses ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 9:23pm On Oct 28, 2021
stormcatcher:
ill be travelling to surrey canada as a student.
I need someone to advice me on the following:
- living expenses
- accomodation- how much is it per month
-How much is feeding per month
- job opportunities

Thank you
is ur school in Surrey ?Surrey is not too far from Vancouver sha.please which school are u enrolled to?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 9:31pm On Oct 28, 2021
Ikxim:
Good day fam
Please I want to know if my mum’s elder brother can stand for me as a sponsor and what documents will be needed and how much are we looking at? Thanks for your anticipated response
u may need to show ur mom's marriage certificate to show she once had the same surname with the man or bday certificate if possible. its 3rd party sponsorship but if u can establish good enough ties,I think u r good to go.u have to justify y he is choosing to sponsor u though and he must have enough funds in his account to cater for u and still have enough balance to Carter for his immediate family (dependants).u can also so affidavits of sponsorship and if possible let him make some commitments. remember u have to also establish ur personal relationship with him as a 3rd party sponsor with may b old and new pictures of u two

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Doziepac: 9:33pm On Oct 28, 2021
Bro my passport was to expire in 2023 , after my ppr letter I did passport renewal(paid express) here in Abuja and it came out in 72hrs(64 pages because of 32pages scarcity). I submitted the new passport and it was stamped and return with no question asked about my previous passport coz it still have 2years left .

Mikediaye:
Hello,
Please I need help with this. My passport I applied with will be expiring by December so do i need to notify IRCC of a new passport after I got PPR or should I just send both passport for stamping without notifying them. ?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Jioke1994(m): 9:38pm On Oct 28, 2021
Congrats!
Pls, can u giv me your WhatsApp number.
I want to know how u compressed proof of finance docs to 4 mb.
Mine is 13 mb.
How did u compress all your sponsor's SOA with other docs?

lilylurv:
If they say who submitted the most clueless application, na me but when God is involved, protocols are waivedgrin

I submitted long before I even discovered this group on NL with the guide of a friend, and our thoughts as at then was that it's just a permit without TRV, since border was closed then.

Oya, here is my 'tori'

I started the admission process last year when the lockdown was so serious, around April, but could not get LOA due to the fact that I was unable to get my transcript...by the time I could lay my hands on it in July, 2020... Admission don finish...I was told to change my course for the ones available in January 2021, but I decided to wait it out till Sept, 2021.

2021 came, I received my LOA on 1st of June, after a deposit of 265o, okay...wuruwuru, I combed 'inside and outside'...I came up with this few documents and submitted...then backed it up with midnight prayers, afternoon prayers, church prayer points, morning prayers, anywhere prayers...I prayed all through the process o...because if it by documents, I did not even submit half of what I'm seeing here cool

Documents Submitted

FORMS
All the IMM forms
Passport info page
LOA

POF
Sponsor's SOA (3 diff accounts with total sum available close to just 9M but with huge inflows and outflows)
My personal SOA with balance of 3.6
Bank's Reference letter from sponsor
Bank's confirmation of signature (mine and my brother's)
My work ID (I work with bank)
My confirmation letter (was given this long time ago when my appointment was confirmed, thank God I kept it sha)
Sponsor's CAC documents and cert (I only used the on for his school, didn't even bother about his main biz)
Sponsor's International Passport
Notarized Sworn affidavit to sponsor my education with our photographs stamped on it

CLIENT INFO
SOP _ written by me, proofread by my friend...said I should make it as short as possible, ended 2 pages pere
Signed Letter from my mom to care for my son while I'm away
His birth certificate
My CAC DOCUMENTS - I have a biz related to my course registered since 2018 - though not in operation
TIN Certificate

Lobatan

I didn't even know I have to submit school certificates, payslip, photographs, PCC, even my car documents, I no submit o, no landed property, no Mom's ID sef, nothing and so many other things...my friend kept telling me 'Dont try too hard to convince them, they see you as desperate'

Above all, I prayed! I fasted, I did personal vigil asking God for favour.

And, indeed, The Lord answereth prayers!

#WhatGodCannotDoDoesNotExist
#EverFaithfulGod
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 9:42pm On Oct 28, 2021
Menakay:

Email them on
lossup@ethiopianairlines.com,lossm@ethiopianairlines.com.
They have the worst customer service in Nigeria.
am telling u.I see that now
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 9:43pm On Oct 28, 2021
TheDarkGamer:
Please, my university is requesting for vaccination proof or proof of exemption.

I cannot get vaccinated because of my age. Where can I get proof of exemption and what can I do to address that. Can I get it done before Monday?

Thank you.
u cannot get Vaccinated because of ur age?.how old are u?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 9:44pm On Oct 28, 2021
Teeprecious:
E be like say plenty people dey go BC here o.
Ticket prices are not smiling at all.
Please anyone who has seen any affordable airline going to Vancouver during this period should kindly share. Biko
Ethiopian airline is the cheapest av seen so far oo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 9:46pm On Oct 28, 2021
sirenoel:

You don't have to. Callvthe number I gave you by past 9am tomorrow, you'd be attended to.
ok.I called the number but he said they have not been able to verify the money paid through their access bank b4 it expired cos apparently ur booking expired after 24 hrs. I will go to access bank tomorrow to get proove of payment and also the ticketing office
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Winnn: 9:55pm On Oct 28, 2021
Hello guys! Congratulations to all those that got their PPR today! I have been soooo busy, went to cotonou to renew my passport and I got the new one same day that's today.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 9:59pm On Oct 28, 2021
Winnn:
Hello guys! Congratulations to all those that got their PPR today! I have been soooo busy, went to cotonou to renew my passport and I got the new one same day that's today.
see scope ooo.lmao.na wa

where in Cotonou? .Nigerian Embassy ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Eddy4400: 10:01pm On Oct 28, 2021
Pls did you eventually fill this section if paying for 2-way courier?. Thanks

Madeincanada:
Are you required to fill this section on the consent form if sending international passport to VFS?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ekulu77: 10:12pm On Oct 28, 2021
Hello everyone
Please when one order for gcsm note,where are the notes sent to, is the the email one used to order they are sent to ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 10:21pm On Oct 28, 2021
Jay316:
Two weeks is the max bro.so try to submit or request for another mbs
thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by canada2022: 10:21pm On Oct 28, 2021
canada2022:
After submitting mybankstatement to canada embassy must I leave the funds in the account throughout the period my visa application is with the embassy

frank, lekibobe,makano
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 10:27pm On Oct 28, 2021
makano:
Hello Man

SOP - Statement of Purpose
An SOP is a letter addressed to the Visa Officer where the applicant talks about the purpose of why he/she is going to study in Canada. Points explained will dwell on
1. How the advanced study complements past academics and how it will brighten up the future career scope.
2. Financial capability of the applicant to finance studies & living costs,
3 Why Canada
4. Why the particular program and why the particular institution.. e.t.c

An SOP is applicable to both the first Time applicants and returning Applicants..

LOE - Letter of Explanation
An LOE is a letter by the applicant addressed to the Visa Officer explaining what went wrong in previous applications and on what ground it was rejected. How those issues are addressed in the present application. An LOE is mostly for applicants that are re-applying (after their visa has been rejected in past) where they will explain how they have been able to address the concerns of the Visa Officer in the past (refused) application.

An LOE is applicable mostly to applicants who are re-applying or 1st-time applicants whose case is complicated..

Peace

thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 10:30pm On Oct 28, 2021
please these land documents are bulky can i submit only irrovocable power of attorney and survey plan and leave out deed of assignment?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Omiinii: 10:52pm On Oct 28, 2021
No it's not compulsory keep making your normal transactions. I believe these are not borrowed funds so you're in the clear
canada2022:
After submitting mybankstatement to canada embassy must I leave the funds in the account throughout the period my visa application is with the embassy
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 10:52pm On Oct 28, 2021
ManLikeB:
please these land documents are bulky can i submit only irrovocable power of attorney and survey plan and leave out deed of assignment?

Yes you can. All I submitted was reciept of purchase, power of attorney, survey plans, affidavit of ownership stating the land is mine and not in any legal battle. and I was approved.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Omiinii: 10:53pm On Oct 28, 2021
How old are you?
TheDarkGamer:

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 10:55pm On Oct 28, 2021
Omiinii:
How old are you?

Was really like woow. Maybe he or she is not even up to 10.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Omiinii: 10:57pm On Oct 28, 2021
Yes you can
ManLikeB:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by sirenoel: 11:17pm On Oct 28, 2021
Jay316:
ok.I called the number but he said they have not been able to verify the money paid through their access bank b4 it expired cos apparently ur booking expired after 24 hrs. I will go to access bank tomorrow to get proove of payment and also the ticketing office

Haaa! That's why avoided all the naija banks and I sent to CITI bank and mine was seamless.

I hope you sought it out soonest.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by bysolaro: 11:28pm On Oct 28, 2021
Greetings! Please what’s the process for sending my passport to Abuja from Lagos. I want to go to DHL first thing in the morning. What are the fees? Thanks.

Omiinii:
Visa Application Centre
Abuja- Visa Application Centre Sterling Bank Plaza, 3rd Floor Plot No 1083, Mohammadu Buhari Way,Central Business District Abuja Nigeria
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Vanmanzik2551(m): 11:33pm On Oct 28, 2021
Pls house just started enrollment in cape Breton university.nid someone to put me tru the whole process.God bless
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Temas: 11:34pm On Oct 28, 2021
favyonyi:

I sent you a message pls reply

I replied

(1) (2) (3) ... (465) (466) (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.