Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,540 members, 7,827,014 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:23 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (469) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (865436 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (466) (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) (472) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by canada2022: 11:38pm On Oct 28, 2021
Omiinii:
No it's not compulsory keep making your normal transactions. I believe these are not borrowed funds so you're in the clear

thank you

lets assume i had 20k CAD which i submitted through MBS, during the 4 months wait for visa processing can i make transactions that can reduce the balance to like 5k CAD. will that have effect on my visa processing or must i leave the 20k CAD for the whole period
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Vanmanzik2551(m): 11:46pm On Oct 28, 2021
canada2022:

thank you

lets assume i had 20k CAD which i submitted through MBS, during the 4 months wait for visa processing can i make transactions that can reduce the balance to like 5k CAD. will that have effect on my visa processing or must i leave the 20k CAD for the whole period
Ketima:
Finally, the Stamped passport is here and is so beautiful to behold. See ketima see Canada. if I was ever told I would be in Maple land next year, would never have imagined that, but here I'm about to head to my dreamland.

summary of my journey. grin grin grin.

I started this journey in January 2020. Then I never knew of this beautiful home, Nairaland. I started searching for a school and researching for the Fall 2021 intake. Writing to potential supervisors sotey i got tired of writing. But in the end, one supervisor accepted ( but no funding was attached). I applied to the following school:

My School application details.

University of Manitoba: Got rejected
University of Northern British Columbia: Got Rejected
Simon Fraser University: Rejected
Cape Breton University: Admitted but not what I wanted as I wanted Masters
University of Saskatchewan: last-minute admission ( when I thought all hope was lost). It was a relief as it was my first choice, but I had to increase the number of schools applied to increase my chances.

So my newbies, please I know is money, but please do not limit your chances to just 1 school, even if you have a sweet CGPA. Even my 4.34 CGPA couldn't compete with the best CGPA's that applied.

With the late admission letter, I headed to submit my application. Mind you, I was already about to submit an application with Cape Breton University baccalaureate with all done until the last-minute master's admission. Fiam everything changed. have to start writing a new SOP, and all other documents again.

Had to use just 2weeks to do all, by then I have known niaraland and the family came to my rescue.

I ended submitting my application in late May (May 29). Then the wait began. After exactly 4months and 13 days, the dream letter landed and it was a wonderful day.

Now the journey has come to fruition and is time to return to my work in peace as I wait for the Jappa movement.

Want to use this medium to thank us all and to encourage newbies to keep pushing. All you need for your application is here, with gurus who can guide you accordingly.

What a journey and it was worth it. So never give up. it will
canada2022 post=107150948:

thank you

Congrats ma.pls I nid ure advice on cape Breton university

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ajoke08: 11:46pm On Oct 28, 2021
2nd Time Applicant.
I applied last year September but got a refusal letter in January. I requested for my notes and addressed the VO concerns in my 2nd application.

Application submitted- 13th September
Upfront Medical - 14th September
Correspondence letter - 27th October
PPR - 27th October
Medical passed : 25th October
Program - College Certificate
Study gap - over 18yrs

I used an Agent for the 1st Application
2nd application was done by myself
I submitted ielts result that expired in feb. this year.
All I can say is God is indeed a faithful God .

Will come back and share the details of submitted document.
This is just to encourage someone out there..
And thank you to all the Gurus in the house.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Vanmanzik2551(m): 11:47pm On Oct 28, 2021
Lianna2020:
Okay then .
It is well
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Vanmanzik2551(m): 11:48pm On Oct 28, 2021
Ajoke08:
2nd Time Applicant.
I applied last year September but got a refusal letter in January. I requested for my notes and addressed the VO concerns in my 2nd application.

PPR - 27th October
Study gap - over 18yrs

God locate me
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 11:51pm On Oct 28, 2021
canada2022:

frank, lekibobe,makano
its safer to leave it there cos not often though but sometimes, they ask for updated statement of account to know if the money is still there especially when there is a lump sum
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Vanmanzik2551(m): 11:52pm On Oct 28, 2021
TheGbemisola:

I think it’s the total fee. I can’t even remember lol. I’m also a cape breton student. Awaiting study permit tho
can u message me on this email pls.emmansben@gmail.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 11:52pm On Oct 28, 2021
ManLikeB:
please these land documents are bulky can i submit only irrovocable power of attorney and survey plan and leave out deed of assignment?
deed of assignment na d main thing na or do u have CofO?

just provide enough legal proof of ur ownership sha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 11:55pm On Oct 28, 2021
sirenoel:

Haaa! That's why avoided all the naija banks and I sent to CITI bank and mine was seamless.

I hope you sought it out soonest.
thanks bro.it was the same reason I avoided city bank since it's not Nigerian so that it will be easily sorted out cos if I have issues with City bank, where will I go to?

but on d contrary it was d better option I guess
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Omiinii: 11:56pm On Oct 28, 2021
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 11:58pm On Oct 28, 2021
canada2022:

thank you

My dear, nobody is a V.O here and can predict the future.just make sure whatever money u remove could be explained with proof just in case.thats my advice brother.they hadly ask 4 updated statement of account but play safe just in case

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by EuniqueBabe: 12:00am On Oct 29, 2021
Hello everyone. Pls when paying the application fee, must it be credit card? Been trying to use my dollar debit card but it doesn't seem to work. Always saying declined.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by tyreal(f): 12:01am On Oct 29, 2021
Good evening everyone
please what can someone being denied based on personal assets and financial status do? Not satisfied leaving Canada at the end of the study based on personal assets and financial status. please answer me I beg of you all.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 12:02am On Oct 29, 2021
Hello Canada2022

It's advisable you leave the funds cos of recent IRCC have been requesting for updated Statement of Account from applicants to be sure the funds are still available as stated by the applicant at the time of applying...

Peace
canada2022:

frank, lekibobe,makano
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 12:05am On Oct 29, 2021
Hello Tyreal

Order for your GCMS notes to know the exact concerns of the Visa officer..

All these you just stated here are the normal generic reasons... When your GCMS note is ready, you can upload it here so the knowledgeable peeps here can guide and advise you accordingly..

Peace
tyreal:
Good evening everyone
please what can someone being denied based on personal assets and financial status do? Not satisfied leaving Canada at the end of the study based on personal assets and financial status. please answer me I beg of you all.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by tyreal(f): 12:06am On Oct 29, 2021
makano:
Hello Tyreal

Order for your GCMS notes to know the exact concerns of the Visa officer..

All these you just stated here are the normal generic reasons... When your GCMS note is ready, you can upload it here so the knowledgeable peeps here can guide and advise you accordingly..
Thank you so much. I really appreciate your response. I will do that.
Peace
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Youngman911: 12:29am On Oct 29, 2021
Ekulu77:
Hello everyone
Please when one order for gcsm note,where are the notes sent to, is the the email one used to order they are sent to ?

Yes. The email used to order

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Youngman911: 12:35am On Oct 29, 2021
Ajoke08:
2nd Time Applicant.

PPR - 27th October
Study gap - over 18yrs

Congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lekiboboe: 2:43am On Oct 29, 2021
Ajoke08:
2nd Time Applicant.

PPR - 27th October
Study gap - over 18yrs

Big Congratulations to you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by tourphland(m): 3:18am On Oct 29, 2021
Jay316:
its between 35CAD to 40CAD per night in vancouver o.no be mai mai.which school are u going to let's see if we can collaborate and rent a shared basement or apartment

I’m going to UCW u?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by lilylurv(f): 3:23am On Oct 29, 2021
Jioke1994:
Congrats!
Pls, can u giv me your WhatsApp number.
I want to know how u compressed proof of finance docs to 4 mb.
Mine is 13 mb.
How did u compress all your sponsor's SOA with other docs?

My sis, after converting run, the thing was looking blurry...I can't even pick anything bon the SOA, but my friend told me to submit, he said they won't refuse me because of that...the highest they will do is to request for a clearer copy but they didn't even do that!...I got my PPR

What I did was compress all the statements separately cuz I was having like 85pages for just SOA, so, other documents were clear...I merged the SOA with other docs after compressing.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gbemiodula: 3:55am On Oct 29, 2021
my gcms note arrived today stating the main reason my application was refused. Please someone should help me on how to go about this

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Jermaie0009: 5:22am On Oct 29, 2021
Congratulations….I tap in Your Testimony

[quote author=Ajoke08 post=107151030]2nd Time Applicant.

PPR - 27th October
Study gap - over 18yrs

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by TheDarkGamer: 5:28am On Oct 29, 2021
Omiinii:
How old are you?

16. That's what someone told me at least. I was told that I had to be at least 18 years old.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by TheDarkGamer: 5:30am On Oct 29, 2021
Jay316:
u cannot get Vaccinated because of ur age?.how old are u?

16. That's what someone told me at least. I was told that I had to be at least 18 years old.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Eliusdgenie(m): 5:43am On Oct 29, 2021
Ajoke08:
2nd Time Applicant.

PPR - 27th October
Study gap - over 18yrs

Congratulations...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Akanoa: 6:14am On Oct 29, 2021
TheDarkGamer:

This is true for Astrazeneca and Johnson & Johnson.
A 16 year old can actually take Pfizer/biontech vaccine.
Why don't you place a call to NPHC or go there in person to ask.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by handsondeck: 6:17am On Oct 29, 2021
Winnn:
Hello guys! Congratulations to all those that got their PPR today! I have been soooo busy, went to cotonou to renew my passport and I got the new one same day that's today.

Hi, can you kindly elaborate on how and where exactly. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Olamiteni: 6:18am On Oct 29, 2021
Hello.. good morning house, please who has medical slot you are not using again o eshanu mi, I didn't do medicals and I want to do before is too late. I beg you in the name of God.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by TheDarkGamer: 6:27am On Oct 29, 2021
Akanoa:

This is true for Astrazeneca and Johnson & Johnson.
A 16 year old can actually take Pfizer/biontech vaccine.
Why don't you place a call to NPHC or go there in person to ask.

Thank you for this.

I have to submit proof of vaccination or proof of exemption to the university. The deadline is close and if I can't meet up with the vaccination, what proof of exemption can I submit?

It would be nice if I could know the things that can exempt me from taking the vaccine. I hope you understand.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 6:37am On Oct 29, 2021
tyreal:
Good evening everyone
its more ambiguous than u think.there is something that they saw in ur application. no one can advise accordingly without seeing the V.O note .so order 4 use GCMS note 1st
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 6:39am On Oct 29, 2021
tourphland:

I’m going to UCW u?
same with me.January intake. send me a mail.lets relate since we are going to the same school.Hope u r a boy sha?.lolna boy I be ooo

(1) (2) (3) ... (466) (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) (472) ... (834)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.