Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,544 members, 7,827,032 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:03 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (471) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (865447 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (468) (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) (474) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Maya2pretty(f): 9:59am On Oct 29, 2021
Good Morning Family

Trust we are all doing well

Please I want to ask an innocent but very confusing question (confusing to me)

Please if you have submitted your application already but your passport would expire before the duration of the proposed studies elapses and you want to renew your passport just like @Winnn did

1. When is it best to renew? When you get PPR?

2. After renewal, should you send the new data page to IRCC

3. Should you submit both the passport you used for your application/biometrics and the renewed passport for stamping?

Please I would appreciate your guidance so we don’t suffer to apply, waittttt, finally get PPR and mess up
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Chuksiesmom: 10:07am On Oct 29, 2021
Congrats......May Canada favour you.

Freshestc:
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

My HEBREWS 11:1 GOD has come through! I testified that this month, my Hallelujah will be louuuuuuuuuuuuuuuddddddd! The wait has been longggggggggg, but on Saturday, the Lord reminded me to hold onto HEBREWS 11:1 and to be anxious for nothing ‘cos my approval is coming this week. I started classes in September and Oluwaaaa, it’s been difficult! Omoooo, Master’s no easy o!!!!

I am in my late 30s with previous travel history, completed undergrad in the UK almost 18 years ago, education gap is like 12 years, half of my siblings are abroad. As a first time applicant, I used an awesome agent, but looking back at my SOP and the wealth of information you all freely give on here, it certainly wasn’t perfect but my EVER FAITHFUL GOD perfected it all!!!!! Thank you to every single one of you that selflessly shares credible information on here and to those who are simply silently reading, may God arm you with the wealth of knowledge that will enable you giveback and help others. The ideas I was blessed with from this platform: completing upfront medicals, using webform, how to bombard IRCC with emails to appeal to them and info from landing gists. Ohhhh, lest I forget, GCMS notes, too - never applied sha.

My wait was for three months, and I know there are scores of applicants whose application has been pending for even a year - my charge to you (irrespective of your religion) is to meditate on HEBREWS 11. I promise you, even when I was a Muslim, this scripture ALWAYS comes through for me.

Who am I, o Lord that you are mindful of meeeeeeee??

I am aware of the tradition of posting timelines, so I won’t violate it. Allow me break the good news to my family first and do my thanksgiving azonto. I will locate every document I submitted and share. See ehnnnnnn, I have been crying tears of joy and shaking like a leaf! What God cannot do does not exist!!! Tell your neighbors!!!!

Best breakfast ever!!!!!!!

British Columbia, here I come!!!

*forgive any typos, e dakun.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Omiinii: 10:09am On Oct 29, 2021
It seems like the only problem here is the documentation regarding your funds and where the funds are kept(company account). It's is harder to get approval using 3rd party. If it's your sponsor is an uncle or an aunt it's fairly easier. If it's a total stranger it even gets worse.
I will assume the funds in the account was enough for your study visa application because the VO didn't make comments about insufficient funds.
If your sponsor is your uncle you need to get your hand on some top tier documentation.
Some of these documents could be;
1.)SPONSOR'S ID(passport, birth certificate or national ID)
2.)SPONSOR'S COMPANY REGISTRATION DOCUMENT(There must be a document from CAC that shows a list of the company directors and the shares allotted to them.)
3.) SPONSOR'S TAX CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE
4.)if your sponsor is a (non-relative)third party your parents must attest to it by writing that they acknowledge his support.
5.) Attestation of the cordial relationship between you and your sponsor with an affidavit. I bolded that cos it's important incase you still get rejected for the same reason. Na JR things.
6.)Let you SPONSOR purchase a GIC(Guaranteed investment certificate) in your name.
7.)Show past (financial)commitments made by your sponsor.
8.)your SPONSOR should draft a detailed sponsorship letter. This letter should demonstrate the source of funds, how funds will be managed, How this expenses is of an advantage to him. How he will take care of his/the company's expenses given that they will provide funds for your education.
9.) You need physical evidence you are familiar with these sponsor. You include pictures of you both together (most preferably a picture from half a decade ago)
10.) Obtain a letter of attorney as well.
11.) Pictures of the company. Capture whatever services takes place there

Notice I didn't say pay tuition fees?. I've made my research and I believe paying school fees doesn't necessarily increase chances. However, if you want to pay your school tuition please do. After all I can't say it's a minus to your application Approval is based on your documentation and ability to convince the officer you need the degree you're going for.

Good luck. Wait for the gurus to get a better insight on advice on your situation.
gbemiodula:
my gcms note arrived today stating the main reason my application was refused. Please someone should help me on how to go about this

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Omiinii: 10:18am On Oct 29, 2021
Yeah yeah that's true. Thanks
viviangogos:
Well, I think it depend on the vaccine that is available. My bro is 14 and couldn't get vaccinated in Nigeria too but he got in Germany... he just need to check with the clinics to be sure first...I will confirm which one he took though..

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by KellyKk: 10:26am On Oct 29, 2021
Makano and other gurus in house pls let’s tackle my GCMS together.
Note my mom is my sponsor with 29m balance and my own personal account with 10m . I paid tuition deposit of 11kCD as mandated by school . I showed my prove of work too. And I have noticed the same VO has refused RollyA and so many other applicants
But is he/she the only officer with this refusal mindset . I no pray for this VO again in my next app
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by KellyKk: 10:27am On Oct 29, 2021
Note my mom is my sponsor with 29m balance and my own personal account with 10m . I paid tuition deposit of 11kCD as mandated by school . I showed my prove of work too. And I have noticed the same VO has refused RollyA and so many other applicants
But is he/she the only officer with this refusal mindset . I no pray for this VO again in my next app

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nurse9090: 10:36am On Oct 29, 2021
Goodmorning All,

please what is the difference between a graduate certificate course and a post graduate certificate course?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Temmyturpeh: 11:15am On Oct 29, 2021
Though I'm not a guru but little I know about t your questions I will share with you.

1. If your ppt(int.passport) is less than six month to expire you can go ahead for a renewal.

2. Optional; since your new ppt will have your previous passport number I don't see any reason of sending it through webform/email.

3. Your new passport has all your previous passport details. Hence,your new passport is all you need.

You can still wait more input from the gurus and those that have passed through the same scene.

Gracias!

Maya2pretty:
Good Morning Family

Trust we are all doing well

Please I want to ask an innocent but very confusing question (confusing to me)

Please if you have submitted your application already but your passport would expire before the duration of the proposed studies elapses and you want to renew your passport just like @Winnn did

1. When is it best to renew? When you get PPR?

2. After renewal, should you send the new data page to IRCC

3. Should you submit both the passport you used for your application/biometrics and the renewed passport for stamping?

Please I would appreciate your guidance so we don’t suffer to apply, waittttt, finally get PPR and mess up

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 11:17am On Oct 29, 2021
Ikxim:

Thank you so much i really appreciate… the issue is mum is late and he(my uncle) has been my sponsor since university days
what ever u are stating ,please find a way to back it up with evidence. even if it is old bank statement to show he has been sending u money wen u were still in school.just look for ways to back up ur claims
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 11:19am On Oct 29, 2021
Omiinii:
Bruh children from ages 5 upwards takes the vaccine
not in Nigeria. I doubt
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Maya2pretty(f): 11:20am On Oct 29, 2021
Temmyturpeh:
Though I'm not a guru but little I know about t your questions I will share with you.

1. If your ppt(int.passport) is less than six month to expire you can go ahead for a renewal.

2. Optional; since your new ppt will have your previous passport number I don't see any reason of sending it through webform/email.

3. Your new passport has all your previous passport details. Hence,your new passport is all you need.

You can still wait more input from the gurus and those that have passed through the same scene.

Gracias!

Thanks so much for responding. The confusion is someone at work just renewed her passport and said the passport number after renewal is different. That kind of complicated things in my head sha, but I am sure some people with experience on this would guide us better smiley
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 11:24am On Oct 29, 2021
Maya2pretty:

Thanks so much for responding. The confusion is someone at work just renewed her passport and said the passport number after renewal is different. That kind of complicated things in my head sha, but I am sure some people with experience on this would guide us better smiley

How do you mean the Passport number is different? When you renew your passport, you will be issued a new passport with a new number, but your old passport number will be crested on the new one as well. so look well on the passport, you will see the old passport number there.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by frankob(m): 11:26am On Oct 29, 2021
Fatuse:
Has anyone here mailed an MP of Calgary and gotten a response?

What is MP I am lost o shuuuuu
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by frankob(m): 11:27am On Oct 29, 2021
Jay316:
not in Nigeria. I doubt

From age 13
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 11:29am On Oct 29, 2021
KellyKk:

that V.O hates Lump sum ooo.especially paid by a sponsor .if u can,pay ur full year tuition and get a GIC account. that's what Rolly A did and she has gone 4 JR.u will need a thorough letter of explanation with evidence for this our wonderful V.O ooo.she is difficult to convince
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Maya2pretty(f): 11:34am On Oct 29, 2021
Ketima:

How do you mean the Passport number is different? When you renew your passport, you will be issued a new passport with a new number, but your old passport number will be crested on the new one as well. so look well on the passport, you will see the old passport number there.

Hiiiii Ketima. Congratulations again bro smiley

Thanks for the insight. So does that mean I can send the renewed passport for Stamping when I get (in Jesus name, with all my heart I pray) a PPR? and there will be no issues?

It’s was when Winnn got PPR and did a renewal that my brain started thinking and trying to be prepared

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by KellyKk: 11:34am On Oct 29, 2021
Jay316:
that V.O hates Lump sum ooo.especially paid by a sponsor .if u can,pay ur full year tuition and get a GIC account. that's what Rolly A did and she has gone 4 JR
There is nothing like lump sum in both accounts
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Joymusa: 11:39am On Oct 29, 2021
KellyKk:
the VO is just wicked. You have enough money to try other countries
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nurse9090: 11:39am On Oct 29, 2021
[quote author=Nurse9090 post=107159298]Goodmorning All,

please what is the difference between a graduate certificate course and a post graduate certificate course?[/quote

pls someone should be answer this, thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 11:45am On Oct 29, 2021
KellyKk:

There is nothing like lump sum in both accounts
yes but according to her there were unexplained sum.Can u share the full detail of ur application and documents submitted ?. if u sent all evidence, including work I.D ,pay slip,mom work ID or CAC documents and invoices as the case may be and all evidence of those income with explanations in ur client info and she still delayed u, my brother,no other option o but to go for JR but if u were not exhaustive enough, then u cud try again and show more commitment since she is not sure the money will be available 4 ur studies that's y I suggested full 1st year tuition and if possible, GIC
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Omiinii: 11:47am On Oct 29, 2021
It even worse lord knows if there's VO here secretly. As I hear that they know about NL. dey here come see this one. Another wahala again.soon it'll be mandatory to pay tuition for the total academic calendar as a nigerian before confirming authenticity. These people are just tainting the already tainted image of our country. Scrutiny upon scrutiny
frankob:

Which one is for ur proof of funds again
Na who Dey gv people 5 years ban
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 11:49am On Oct 29, 2021
Everywhere is dry today. My PPR is on the way.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Omiinii: 11:49am On Oct 29, 2021
JR?..you showed sources and he's still questioning it. Based on what? What backs his reason to believe your sources aren't capable enough for the remainder of your studies?...this 3849 guy just dey beef nigerians cos I don't understand
KellyKk:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Perfectyyyyyy: 12:00pm On Oct 29, 2021
Someone to please reply

Perfectyyyyyy:
I got offer letter for a 2 years post graduation. While filling the IMM1294E, I became bit confused. In my LOA Level of study is "post graduate program". There is three option in IMM194E about the level of study. It's a College-Certificate,College-Diploma,College-Applied Degree. Now, which one should I choose?

What should I attach in my evidence of work section? My program has a Co-op which was written on the acceptance letter only. There are no other document from the school of that?
Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by feistymikey(m): 12:01pm On Oct 29, 2021
What is the rate of 1 CAD to naira as of today please??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Winnn: 12:01pm On Oct 29, 2021
Nigeria my dear country! It is well..... Went to mail my passport today! Canadian joni.
Jermaie0009:
Lol Nd for Naija for here, Paper don finish to
Print new one

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Winnn: 12:10pm On Oct 29, 2021
It was exactly what I did
Maya2pretty:

Thanks for the insight. So does that mean I can send the renewed passport for Stamping when I get (in Jesus name, with all my heart I pray) a PPR? and there will be no issues?

It’s was when Winnn got PPR and did a renewal that my brain started thinking and trying to be prepared
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 12:15pm On Oct 29, 2021
Omiinii:
JR?..you showed sources and he's still questioning it. Based on what? What backs his reason to believe your sources aren't capable enough for the remainder of your studies?...this 3849 guy just dey beef nigerians cos I don't understand
my problem with JR is the cost and then u will just budget another one year b4 traveling. JR is slow but very effective if the Lawyer feels ur claims are very valid
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 12:16pm On Oct 29, 2021
Maya2pretty:

But if you got renewed passport, Kindly inform IRCC through the webform, so they will take note of it before the passport request. when you now get your PPR, you now send the renewed passport.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Omiinii: 12:19pm On Oct 29, 2021
That's just the problem. Sometimes it's advisable to reapply maybe it'll go through another channel. But for me if she/he has the funds def JR
Jay316:
my problem with JR is the cost and then u will just budget another one year b4 traveling. JR is slow but very effective if the Lawyer feels ur claims are very valid

(1) (2) (3) ... (468) (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) (474) ... (834)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.