Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,329 members, 7,836,394 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:03 AM

Pastors Attacking Each Other On Social Media, the new norm - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastors Attacking Each Other On Social Media, the new norm (33528 Views)

Mummy G.O.'s Son: "My Mother Not Bothered About Hellfire Memes On Social Media" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastors Attacking Each Other On Social Media, the new norm by Crossroad1(m): 12:57pm On Aug 29, 2021
Eviana:

Clearly, the enemy has gotten a huge foothold into Christianity....as he should. He's doing his job very well...which is to cause confusion, division, slander, create chaos, disorder, lies/deception, discord between brethren etc., within the body of Christ.
The goal is to get sincere brethren to lose their grip on, trust and faith in Christ.
Remember this: The enemy (the majority of the times) will NOT attack what he isn't threatened by.
His ship is docked in Christianity for a reason..

Side note: Unfortunately, "good is being called evil", and "evil is being called good."

Yes, because we have stopped being students of the Word of God--- studying what He says and being obedient, then what you get is....well some of what you wrote above.

I think where you went "left" was you painted ALL of Christianity with one long, broad stroke (of being corrupt which it is not fully) and didn't offer any solution---which makes you part of the problem. You don't see those things in ALL Nigerian churches. You also did not acknowledge that there are some Nigerian churches that exist where the prosperity gospel are not preached and public feuds do not happen, and the Word of God is preached without fanfare. You failed to present a balanced picture in your write-up.

Christianity, right now, isn't gonna be without false teachers, false prophets, misinterpretations of the Word, worldy men, character-flawed men who speak in pulpits etc.,
Some do so ignorantly while other are deliberately deceptive.
Those things are definitely not good.....those people can rightfully represent tares...and will eventually be weeded out. However, if you are a follower of Christ, you yourself, have a responsibility to pray for and teach the truth of the Word.
when I woke up to edit and point out we still have genuine men of God, the topic was already on front page and you can no longer modify it
Re: Pastors Attacking Each Other On Social Media, the new norm by Eviana(f): 12:58pm On Aug 29, 2021
Crossroad1:
when I woke up to edit and point out we still have genuine men of God, the topic was already on front page and you can no longer modify it

Ok...appreciate that sir.
Thanks for letting me know.
Re: Pastors Attacking Each Other On Social Media, the new norm by Crossroad1(m): 12:59pm On Aug 29, 2021
ANDREW91:

Amen
Bible u nor go read but dey argue blindly
Luke 2:49
And he said unto them, How is it that ye sought me? wist ye not that I must be about my Father's business?
you are twisting this thing.
You yourself know it was not in today's context he said that.
Nowadays, na real business dem dey take am do, real buying and selling to make money
Re: Pastors Attacking Each Other On Social Media, the new norm by raphy(m): 1:01pm On Aug 29, 2021
Church now adays na family business when one man in the church is getting older they putt him in the elder place ..later send him to another branch to become pastor..na so the business de move till they hv branches full one state ...

So many fake pastor HV come up ..I remember one man in the east who Bleep all the girls in his church n say it's God tht said he should Bleep them n give them children..

Werey ppl .

Sipping my..drink I can't kill myself o
Re: Pastors Attacking Each Other On Social Media, the new norm by TJMighty(m): 1:04pm On Aug 29, 2021
Africa: my continent, where we scam ourselves under the guise of religion. It's high time we all wake up and know what we're doing, know the God we serve instead of being scammed/maltreated by our so called "Religious Leaders". We should all love ourselves and treat ourselves right regardless of our religion and serve God to the best of our ability...
Re: Pastors Attacking Each Other On Social Media, the new norm by Richy4(m): 1:06pm On Aug 29, 2021
Guys don't even read their bibles... It has always been like that in the olden day...
1kings 22:1- end, when king Ahab wanted to take over some territory he claimed to have belonged to Israel, one of the king he asked to accompany him ask him to enquire from God.. But God has already placed a lying spirit on the mouth of all his prophets...
When the real prophet of God wanted to warn him, the head of the prophets called Zedekiah slapped him... asking him how the spirit of God can leave him the high priest just to talk to a common/ ordinary prophet like him

Also in Amos chapter 7, almost the same thing happened.. Amos saw a vision about how Israel will go into exile, the high priest attacked him.. calling him a business prophet who only does stuff for money... So it didn't start today.....the difference is just time difference of social media/olden days of thus says the Lord..
Re: Pastors Attacking Each Other On Social Media, the new norm by Crossroad1(m): 1:07pm On Aug 29, 2021
NairaMaster1:

Except you have another meaning for comprehension. You clearly call them THIEVES.

The truth is that we Christians don't respect our leaders.

Have you ever read on NL where Muslim brings up a defaming topic as against an Imam or Sheikh?

But we think we know everything. As old as Oyedepo and Adeboye, Christians find it a pleasure to go online and call them all manner of names as if we don't even have fathers.

Bro, you may not be happy but think about this. It's unfair for you to be writing against pastors based on what you read on social media.

I didn't study English. But as a pharmacist, I can comprehend your defaming write up. Go back and read it. It's not fair. Judgment is of the LORD.

REMAIN BLESSED BRO.
you believe I just woke up and wrote this?
Go online, there are lots of confession videos of pastors who organized miracles and prophecy.
Google is your friend bro..
Recently, one of the so called pastor made a confessional statement of how he organized people for fake miracles and prophecy when the people he used was caught..
Bro, let's just worship almighty God in truth and spirit..
What is being preached nowadays is prosperity and they are meant to preach repentance preparing us for heaven..
How does prosperity prepare us for heaven?
Isn't it a motivation to join yahoo, rituals and robbery?
Re: Pastors Attacking Each Other On Social Media, the new norm by Agboriotejoye(m): 1:11pm On Aug 29, 2021
AntiChristian:
Elisha and the Two Bears (2 Kings 2:23-25)

23 Then he (Elisha) went up from there to Bethel; and as he was going up by the way, young lads came out from the city and mocked him and said to him, “Go up, you baldhead; go up, you baldhead!” 24 When he looked behind him and saw them, he cursed them in the name of the LORD. Then two female bears came out of the woods and tore up forty-two lads of their number. 25 And he went from there to Mount Carmel, and from there he returned to Samaria.

No dey abuse men of God cos two female bears fit come kill you.

At least the judgement will be from God himself not a jihadist.
Re: Pastors Attacking Each Other On Social Media, the new norm by uba1991: 1:14pm On Aug 29, 2021
AntiChristian:
Elisha and the Two Bears (2 Kings 2:23-25)

23 Then he (Elisha) went up from there to Bethel; and as he was going up by the way, young lads came out from the city and mocked him and said to him, “Go up, you baldhead; go up, you baldhead!” 24 When he looked behind him and saw them, he cursed them in the name of the LORD. Then two female bears came out of the woods and tore up forty-two lads of their number. 25 And he went from there to Mount Carmel, and from there he returned to Samaria.

No dey abuse men of God cos two female bears fit come kill you.
and who are those men of God?
Re: Pastors Attacking Each Other On Social Media, the new norm by GardenOfGod(m): 1:16pm On Aug 29, 2021
Slizzords:
Even the devil will disguise like an angel of light so am not surprised
cheesy grin
Re: Pastors Attacking Each Other On Social Media, the new norm by Crossroad1(m): 1:17pm On Aug 29, 2021
Eviana:

Ok...appreciate that sir.
Thanks for letting me know.
what pained me and brought about this topic is, all they preach now is prosperity instead of repentance in this end time..
When you preach prosperity, isn't that a motivation to start indulging in illegalities like money rituals, yahoo, armed robbery and fraud? They hammer their preaching so much on tithing that those who don't have and just came to church to get their soul lifted with the true words of God goes back home dejected and depressed cos they've been made to know they are broke and unwanted..
With this mindset, people who doesn't have to give to the church will not want to go to church thereby making them sink the more into sin..
We are in the end time, what should be preached right now is repentance. Those who will listen will listen and those who will to perish will not (but we pray we all make heaven)..

I read your profile and I thank God you are a Christian who understands..
But bia, which one be 50/50 again?
Shai, you can take an ibo woman away from Nigeria but you cannot take Nigerian (ibo) away from an ibo
Re: Pastors Attacking Each Other On Social Media, the new norm by uba1991: 1:25pm On Aug 29, 2021
GardenOfGod:
I never knew you sabi Bible like this o grin
you guys thought everybody that supports Nigeria to progress in this administration is a Muslim. Buhari will go and Nigeria will still remain, so if we destroy Nigeria now just because we don't like the president, what then are we going to called our home tomorrow.
Re: Pastors Attacking Each Other On Social Media, the new norm by Okhuadams(m): 1:28pm On Aug 29, 2021
Crossroad1:
Seems the new trend right now or let me put it this way, seems the fastest ways for so called men of God to gain popularity and trend right now is to attack each other.
Tunde bakare attacks Oyedepo about his private jet.
Okotie attacks t.b Joshua that he is a demon. Now this particular one has so many counter attacks from the likes of indaboski, Iginla and the rest..
They now take each other to the cleaners with reckless abandon and some of them will even use curse words on the alter.
We now have proud men of God
Boastful men of God
Womanizers
Miracle arrangees
Magicians(they now command money into bank accounts)
Prophecy arrangee
So apparently, the church of God is now a business center which Jesus warmed against in

Luke 19:46
New King James Version
saying to them, “It is written, ‘My house is a house of prayer,’ but you have made it a ‘den of thieves.’

They've even turned the church into a place where they sell all sort of thing you can ever imagine..
They sell handkerchief, aprons, water, anointing oil for security purposes and health issues meanwhile they walk around with angry looking securities and fly their families abroad when they are sick..

John 2:16
New King James Version
And He said to those who sold doves, “Take these things away! Do not make My Father’s house a house of merchandise!”

This is not the Christianity I grew up knowing, this is not the Christianity of love, peace and tolerance they talked about when we were growing up.. The more the world advance, the more worse Christianity is becoming..
Pastors now boast of what they have and what they've acquired over their years and they termed it God's prosperity..
God can prosper you but what I see around in today's churches hennnnn, it is well..

Cc oam4j
Oga which of the divide do 7 belong cis u too u are not different from them
Re: Pastors Attacking Each Other On Social Media, the new norm by Popesuccess(m): 1:30pm On Aug 29, 2021
Is not bad to call out Pastors that are doing wrong, but you need to always check yourself to see if you are living your life in line with the word of God. Because there is only one hell fire for all everyone.
Re: Pastors Attacking Each Other On Social Media, the new norm by KingDamzzy(m): 1:31pm On Aug 29, 2021
Pastorprenuers attacking Pastorprenuers online is only normal in the grand scheme of business.

You have to stay ahead and look for an advantage over your business competitior to enusre steady flow of income.

Commoners are not allowed to attack though because the defenders of the pastorprenuers will come up with their usual "Touch not my annointed and do my profit no harm" saying.
Re: Pastors Attacking Each Other On Social Media, the new norm by expressglory: 1:34pm On Aug 29, 2021
Hello nairalanders..there are fake pastors who are out to dupe,cheat and get money from people at all cost and by all means.Yet there are genuine pastors who are busy spreading the Gospel of salvation through Jesus Christ.
Just like you have fake doctors, fake engineers and fake herbalists.
Not all pastors are fake or money grabbers.
I will advise you to face your future and be busy constructing your tomorrow.
Re: Pastors Attacking Each Other On Social Media, the new norm by Eviana(f): 1:35pm On Aug 29, 2021
Crossroad1:
what pained me and brought about this topic is, all they preach now is prosperity instead of repentance in this end time..
When you preach prosperity, isn't that a motivation to start indulging in illegalities like money rituals, yahoo, armed robbery and fraud? They hammer their preaching so much on tithing that those who don't have and just came to church to get their soul lifted with the true words of God goes back home dejected and depressed cos they've been made to know they are broke and unwanted..
With this mindset, people who doesn't have to give to the church will not want to go to church thereby making them sink the more into sin..
We are in the end time, what should be preached right now is repentance. Those who will listen will listen and those who will to perish will not (but we pray we all make heaven)..

I read your profile and I thank God you are a Christian who understands..
But bia, which one be 50/50 again?

Shai, you can take an ibo woman away from Nigeria but you cannot take Nigerian (ibo) away from an ibo

Yes, I understand that. It's a problem here in the U.S. also.
Hence why I said the enemy has a foothold in Christianity.
But it's not all.
You are focusing too much on the negative and giving no credence to the positive.

Born and raised a Christian. I am Igbo through my dad...and I am honoring him through stating my 50 percent direct lineage, that's all.
I wasn't born in Nigeria nor have ever lived there.
But there's no way on earth that in a nation of between 180-200 million, that you don't still have some genuine, sincere, Bible-believing and following churches?
What gets put in the media are the "mega" churches and that's for a reason and agenda.

So what you, as a follower of Christ, should do is
1). pray to God, get to know Him through His Word, and establish a relationship AND pray for sincere souls seeking for truth there in Nigeria.
2). pray for the church God would have you attend..(IF you feel led to leave your church)
3). develop friendships, and eventually invite others to --prayerfully attend your church-- and who are prayerfully willing to know more (The Holy Spirit can direct you to specific people)
4). nurture them and emphasize the importance of studying the Word in spirit and in truth

These are starts....and may not win all, but at least a few. While God wants all to accept the gift of salvation, not all will. He is not into numbers.

1 Like

Re: Pastors Attacking Each Other On Social Media, the new norm by Calitoscassius(m): 1:42pm On Aug 29, 2021
They have found out that themselves are a bunch of thieves and scammers.

I pity their gullible worshippers.
Re: Pastors Attacking Each Other On Social Media, the new norm by iramure(m): 1:44pm On Aug 29, 2021
McStoic:

And you that created this post, what do you intend to achieve by it? Do you know you just added to the attack on Christendom? Cos many were not aware until you made this post.

This post will only end up aggravating and escalating anti Christian sentiments, nothing more nothing less. May God forgive you brother..
The post will open many blind eyes of the gullibles to realise their pastors are not what they think they are. Almost all, most especially in Nigeria are wolves in sheep clothing looking for whom to fleece of thier time, resources and money and in turn render them completely useless after having psychologically restructured their brain
Re: Pastors Attacking Each Other On Social Media, the new norm by iramure(m): 1:47pm On Aug 29, 2021
Crossroad1:
buhari wielded so much power because no one chastised him.
All these fraudulent god of men are living large, do as they please because people fear that they may be cursed if they correct them..
I created this post cost their shenanigans is getting out of hand and people are too blind or brainwashed to see it..
It's better we speak out now cos the aspiring pastors already see church and Christianity as a business venture.

May God forgive you too for being ignorant.
Nigeria is what it is today because people are too afraid to say the truth
Your response is top notch.
Re: Pastors Attacking Each Other On Social Media, the new norm by iramure(m): 1:50pm On Aug 29, 2021
jaxxy:

The modern church is totally different from the early Church in almost everything.

They follow what pays them and discard what doesn’t favor them. Very self centered Christianity.

Only very few are doing the right thing and they are not up to 5%.
what did you mean by 5%. It's actually 0.000000000000000000000001%
Re: Pastors Attacking Each Other On Social Media, the new norm by offiahvictor(m): 1:58pm On Aug 29, 2021
triple996:
Christianity na joke 4 dis country
close your mouth if you lack reasonable contribution to the matter.
Re: Pastors Attacking Each Other On Social Media, the new norm by offiahvictor(m): 2:04pm On Aug 29, 2021
Crossroad1:
Seems the new trend right now or let me put it this way, seems the fastest ways for so called men of God to gain popularity and trend right now is to attack each other.
Okotie attacks t.b Joshua that he is a demon. Now this particular one has so many counter attacks from the likes of indaboski, Iginla and the rest..
They now take each other to the cleaners with reckless abandon and some of them will even use curse words on the alter.
Boastful men of God
Womanizers
Miracle arrangees
Prophecy arrangee
So apparently, the church of God is now a business center which Jesus warmed against in

New King James Version
saying to them, “It is written, ‘My house is a house of prayer,’ but you have made it a ‘den of thieves.’

They've even turned the church into a place where they sell all sort of thing you can ever imagine..
They sell handkerchief, aprons, water, anointing oil for security purposes and health issues meanwhile they walk around with angry looking securities and fly their families abroad when they are sick..

New King James Version
And He said to those who sold doves, “Take these things away! Do not make My Father’s house a house of merchandise!”

This is not the Christianity I grew up knowing, this is not the Christianity of love, peace and tolerance they talked about when we were growing up.. The more the world advance, the more worse Christianity is becoming..
Pastors now boast of what they have and what they've acquired over their years and they termed it God's prosperity..
God can prosper you but what I see around in today's churches hennnnn, it is well..

Cc oam4j
You are out of ideas. I'll advise you check the happenings among living pastors before you conclude a matter. when there's something good about them you disappear but otherwise you reappear. Pastors are not superhuman they are on assignment,u get...bye , Happy Sunday.
Re: Pastors Attacking Each Other On Social Media, the new norm by kabod1053: 2:10pm On Aug 29, 2021
malcom1X:
Guy prepare for the rapture leave Christianity to rot.

See this scripture and look at what's happening around you.

“And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:”
“And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.”

Revelation 13 vs 16 and 17.

People are loosing jobs and livelihoods because of that scripture. People are being demonized because anyone who doesn't take the mark is a problem.
You all have the mark, believe me. whosoever rejects the mark runs mad, loses his will to spirits completely. But the kingdom of the man who started all this is past, he's dead, now men can be liberated from the seal, but they are all afraid because of the law of the previous kingdom, they don't know that the messianic age began few months ago, so no more slavery. How do I know I have the mark, check for unconscious hand forming 666 from time to time. Do you feel irritated reading this comment? If yes, You have the mark.
Re: Pastors Attacking Each Other On Social Media, the new norm by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:11pm On Aug 29, 2021
TRINITY has fallen! smiley
Soon ATHEISM will overthrow both TRINITY and ISLAM in the arena of POLITICS! smiley
Re: Pastors Attacking Each Other On Social Media, the new norm by DaRuud(m): 2:12pm On Aug 29, 2021
Churches are like business centers now , once you have low congregants , you will be sacked

HedwigesMaduro:

Sorry, point of correction; pastors are not doing that. Business men fighting for larger share of the "market" are doing that.
Re: Pastors Attacking Each Other On Social Media, the new norm by Crossroad1(m): 2:13pm On Aug 29, 2021
offiahvictor:
You are out of ideas. I'll advise you check the happenings among living pastors before you conclude a matter. when there's something good about them you disappear but otherwise you reappear. Pastors are not superhuman they are on assignment,u get...bye , Happy Sunday.
they are pastors for a reason so there shouldn't be controversies about them.
Re: Pastors Attacking Each Other On Social Media, the new norm by Crossroad1(m): 2:17pm On Aug 29, 2021
Okhuadams:
Oga which of the divide do 7 belong cis u too u are not different from them
I am someone who goes to church with my brain intact, Bible at hand and not on device and my eyes opened wide
Re: Pastors Attacking Each Other On Social Media, the new norm by judinho07(m): 2:29pm On Aug 29, 2021
....i sence two tinx ..

1) money

2) power .. [b][/b][i][/i
Re: Pastors Attacking Each Other On Social Media, the new norm by Sleekfingers: 2:36pm On Aug 29, 2021
Crossroad1:
Boastful men of God
Womanizers
Miracle arrangees
Prophecy arrangee

New King James Version

New King James Version

Cc oam4j

Because they know that , they are all thieves......but their brainwashed members keep supporting them
Re: Pastors Attacking Each Other On Social Media, the new norm by Ceufinish: 2:49pm On Aug 29, 2021
Come to this program and listen to pastor kumuyi and be blessed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Catholic Veneration Of The Dead - Warning !!! Graphic Images Shown / Different Kinds Of People You Will Meet In Nigerian Churches (Meme Collection) / Dunamis Church Is Constructing New Road In Faggae, Kano (Photos)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.