Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,430 members, 7,812,273 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:00 AM

Oyetola: God, Osun People Will Decide My Fate In 2022 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oyetola: God, Osun People Will Decide My Fate In 2022 (10764 Views)

Saraki: Osun People Reclaimed PDP, Adeleke’s Stolen Mandate / Aregbesola Addresses Osun People On APC Primary Election / ‘I’ve Accepted My Fate’ — Sunday Igboho Speaks From Beninoise Prison (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oyetola: God, Osun People Will Decide My Fate In 2022 by Ademola47(m): 9:58am On Aug 29, 2021
GOD, OSUN PEOPLE WILL DECIDE MY FATE IN 2022 —Oyetola
•Says TOP not speaking Aregbesola’s mind

GOVERNOR Gboyega Oyetola of Osun State has affirmed that only God and the people of Osun State will determine his fate in 2022, adding that those parading themselves as members of The Osun Progressives, (TOP) are not speaking the mind of his predecessor and Minister of Interior minister, Mr Rauf Aregbesola.

According to him, having worked for the success of Aregbesola for eight years, there was no reason for his predecessor not to support him. Oyetola made these known at the weekend while featuring on a Live Radio Interview as part of activities to commemorate the 30th Anniversary of the creation of Osun.

Specifically, the governor was asked regarding the activities of some chieftains of the party parading themselves as TOP and claiming to be Aregbesola’s loyalists. The group had in recent times given indication that its members were likely not to endorse the governor for another term.

The governor said, “Well, those people — I’m not too sure that the people that have been saying that are saying his mind. I believe he is my brother and I believe at any point in time, he wants my success because I worked very hard for eight years for his own success as well.

“If people are saying that (that they won’t support me) I’m not too sure they are telling the story from his own heart. He remains my brother. They are not speaking his mind. Like I said, I don’t see why he would not be willing to support me if the people say they want me.”

Oyetola further said: “Talking about issue of second term, my attitude is to deliver on what I am currently doing. I don’t want to be distracted. It is service to the people. If the people believe that they want me to continue, so be it. It is not a desperate situation.

“However, we have not gotten to that level (election). It is God that gives power. His appointment is not negotiable. It is God’s wish that I am the governor today. So, the issue of second term is left to God and the people of Osun to decide.”

https://tribuneonlineng.com/god-osun-people-will-decide-my-fate-in-2022-oyetola/

1 Like

Re: Oyetola: God, Osun People Will Decide My Fate In 2022 by Omoluabi1stborn: 10:02am On Aug 29, 2021
cool

If Osun people decides your fate in 2022.
I'm 100% sure you won't win the 2nd term.

Same goes for Daru Dapo angry

64 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oyetola: God, Osun People Will Decide My Fate In 2022 by Davash222(m): 10:10am On Aug 29, 2021
Nigeria politicians are in the habit of using God's name to commit their various atrocities.

God is not mad to support any Politician from Nigeria!

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oyetola: God, Osun People Will Decide My Fate In 2022 by Ademola47(m): 11:42am On Aug 29, 2021
Davash222:
Nigeria politicians are in the habit of using God's name to commit their various atrocities.

God is not mad to support any Politician from Nigeria!

Honestly, most of them just mention God's name as lip service.

6 Likes

Re: Oyetola: God, Osun People Will Decide My Fate In 2022 by ATEAMS: 1:29pm On Aug 29, 2021
E go b..
Re: Oyetola: God, Osun People Will Decide My Fate In 2022 by oluwaSavage: 1:29pm On Aug 29, 2021
Efile, e jeko di 2022, olorun ma disgrace e

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oyetola: God, Osun People Will Decide My Fate In 2022 by NwaNimo1(m): 1:29pm On Aug 29, 2021

3 Likes

Re: Oyetola: God, Osun People Will Decide My Fate In 2022 by TimmyTen(m): 1:30pm On Aug 29, 2021
If you governed well, then let the people of Osun decide. shocked

2 Likes

Re: Oyetola: God, Osun People Will Decide My Fate In 2022 by Sonnobax15(m): 1:31pm On Aug 29, 2021
grin
Talking as if there'll be a free and fair election.. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Oyetola: God, Osun People Will Decide My Fate In 2022 by daveP(m): 1:31pm On Aug 29, 2021
When on the outside, God's name dey sweet to use

When they finally get the keys to the kingdom, they will forget God's People and behave like nobody helped them reach there, aching like their every action is justified and feel anyone criticizing is a hater or wailer.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyetola: God, Osun People Will Decide My Fate In 2022 by Joshintua(m): 1:32pm On Aug 29, 2021
God and osun people, as if na same osun people decided ur first term. Osun people decided the dancing man then, but una use wururwuru put una sef there.

8 Likes

Re: Oyetola: God, Osun People Will Decide My Fate In 2022 by dreh17(m): 1:32pm On Aug 29, 2021
Actually Mr governor, you've done relatively better in osun compare to Aregbe. You've no issue with workers. Your second term is not unlikely

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyetola: God, Osun People Will Decide My Fate In 2022 by Nobody: 1:32pm On Aug 29, 2021
lmao
Re: Oyetola: God, Osun People Will Decide My Fate In 2022 by cpu2006(m): 1:32pm On Aug 29, 2021
If you don't use your federal power to manipulate outcome of election, then u are gone!. We are tired of APC both Federal, state, Local, ward & even inside our house level.

5 Likes

Re: Oyetola: God, Osun People Will Decide My Fate In 2022 by Haywhysat: 1:32pm On Aug 29, 2021
Omoluabi1stborn:
cool

How certain are you? Are you in osun state currently?

2 Likes

Re: Oyetola: God, Osun People Will Decide My Fate In 2022 by JoeEeL(m): 1:33pm On Aug 29, 2021
Re: Oyetola: God, Osun People Will Decide My Fate In 2022 by Richkid97(m): 1:33pm On Aug 29, 2021
Mumu Governor
Re: Oyetola: God, Osun People Will Decide My Fate In 2022 by JoeEeL(m): 1:33pm On Aug 29, 2021
NO ELECTIONS IN YORUBA LAND.

1 Like

Re: Oyetola: God, Osun People Will Decide My Fate In 2022 by naheem8307(m): 1:34pm On Aug 29, 2021
You did nothing in the state... The state remains at it was since your predecessor left.. No improvement Mr. Governor... I see you out...

3 Likes

Re: Oyetola: God, Osun People Will Decide My Fate In 2022 by dejiih01: 1:36pm On Aug 29, 2021
He's at it again. The most useless governor in the whole of Nigeria now remember there are people in the state and also remember God.

I can't stop laughing. In his ward this time he will loose gallantly

7 Likes

Re: Oyetola: God, Osun People Will Decide My Fate In 2022 by spafu(m): 1:38pm On Aug 29, 2021
Ok
Re: Oyetola: God, Osun People Will Decide My Fate In 2022 by OmoManU: 1:40pm On Aug 29, 2021
Exactly
Re: Oyetola: God, Osun People Will Decide My Fate In 2022 by mrobruche: 1:43pm On Aug 29, 2021
Clueless dingbat governor
Re: Oyetola: God, Osun People Will Decide My Fate In 2022 by Mr2019(m): 1:43pm On Aug 29, 2021
Lol
Re: Oyetola: God, Osun People Will Decide My Fate In 2022 by OmoAlumagidi(m): 1:43pm On Aug 29, 2021
oga your fate had already been decided you are a gonna
Re: Oyetola: God, Osun People Will Decide My Fate In 2022 by Sheriman(m): 1:43pm On Aug 29, 2021
Infrastructural projects in Osun 0%
Workers welfarism 50%
Enhancing State Security 8%
Social economic development 10%
Poverty Alleviation schemes 0%
Youths Empowerment 0%
Development of Transportation, Affordable Housing, Heath and Education 0%
Job creation 0%
Managing environmental disasters like incessant flood Fire outbreak 20%
Paying pensionaire 70%
Governor Oyetola has perform woefully in Osun as a Governor for 4 years
If anyone argue with me on this, maybe you are not living in Osun.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyetola: God, Osun People Will Decide My Fate In 2022 by Seniorwriter(m): 1:44pm On Aug 29, 2021
Omoluabi1stborn:
cool

He knows....
Sheriman:
Infrastructural projects in Osun 0%
Workers welfarism 50%
Enhancing State Security 8%
Social economic development 10%
Poverty Alleviation schemes 0%
Youths Empowerment 0%
Development of Transportation, Affordable Housing, Heath and Education 0%
Job creation 0%
Managing environmental disasters like incessant flood Fire outbreak 20%
Paying pensionaire 70%
Governor Oyetola is a perdorm woefully in Osun as a Governor for 4 years
If anyone argue with me on this maybe you are not living in Osun.
SMH...

WE NEED YOUNG VISIONARY LEADERS IN NIGERIA!

@SENIORWRITER

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos, Ekiti, Seven Others Are Heavy Debtors –FRC / Osinbajo Lays Foundation For Police Crime Database / Picture Of When Biafran Soldiers Executed Nigerian Soldiers During The Civil War

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.