Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,800 members, 7,851,690 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 05:39 AM

Help! I Think My Best Friend Is Falling For My Boyfriend - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Help! I Think My Best Friend Is Falling For My Boyfriend (1983 Views)

Ladies, Dudes Are Not Falling For This Anymore / I Think My Elder Brother's Fiancee Is Trying To Seduce Me. / My Best Friend Is Planning Marriage With My Ex-Boyfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! I Think My Best Friend Is Falling For My Boyfriend by ExploreFeelings(f): 1:34pm On Aug 29, 2021
I don’t know why I have the feeling that my best friend is falling for my boyfriend. I don’t like the idea of it but I can see how she behaves around him. She’s always ignores me when he’s around and always fond of displaying herself for him to see. She wears skimpy clothes when he’s around and talks only about her.

We’ve been friends for more than 3 years but what I have noticed about her is that she’s like dragging for whatever I have. Once I get a new bag, or hair or shoes, she wants exactly the same. Or if people start admiring me, she becomes jealous and start talking down on me. Since we are friends, I act like it is nothing. One time, a guy approached me and started telling me sweet things. And because he didn’t talk to her, she started ignoring me. When I asked her why, she told me because I like acing like I am better than her.

But it is becoming too much, I don’t know why she feels we are in a competition. Now, that I have a boyfriend she also wants to take him away from me. I am beginning to think my friend, if not what else would make her want to take my guy away from me.

She acts strange when he’s around and she insults me all the time in the name of jokes while they both laugh at me. I don’t know if I should end the friendship with her or distance myself from her!
I believe these are some signs of a toxic friendship and I don’t know if I can continue. What do you think?
Source: https://www.xplorefeelings.com/6-signs-of-an-abusive-friendship/

1 Like

Re: Help! I Think My Best Friend Is Falling For My Boyfriend by Jubal01: 1:42pm On Aug 29, 2021
Have u told ur guy?
Re: Help! I Think My Best Friend Is Falling For My Boyfriend by Xenry: 1:48pm On Aug 29, 2021
analysing thread...
commenting...
<a-dross-thread-detected>
comment deleting...
comment deleted successfully

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Help! I Think My Best Friend Is Falling For My Boyfriend by EngrXrix(m): 2:13pm On Aug 29, 2021
Better run before best friend gets the best of you.
Re: Help! I Think My Best Friend Is Falling For My Boyfriend by InfernoNig: 3:27pm On Aug 29, 2021
You have a frienemy. Better you shut her out now or you will regret it tomorrow, that is if she won't kill you.

4 Likes

Re: Help! I Think My Best Friend Is Falling For My Boyfriend by Aniboo: 3:40pm On Aug 29, 2021
Ask her
Do you like this guy ?
If she say yes

Distance her

1 Like

Re: Help! I Think My Best Friend Is Falling For My Boyfriend by blinking001(m): 3:45pm On Aug 29, 2021
Xenry:
analysing thread...
commenting...
<a-dross-thread-detected>
comment deleting...
comment deleted successfully
Gbamsolutely grin
Re: Help! I Think My Best Friend Is Falling For My Boyfriend by mardis: 4:34pm On Aug 29, 2021
Distance your self from both of them. Them fit kill you
Re: Help! I Think My Best Friend Is Falling For My Boyfriend by Nobody: 4:42pm On Aug 29, 2021
She's not your friend, abeg avoid her ASAP before she poison's you.
Re: Help! I Think My Best Friend Is Falling For My Boyfriend by Expresswriter: 4:58pm On Aug 29, 2021
Avoid toxic people of you want peace and long life.

They're not worth worrying about.

That one you call friend is not a friend.

They call them frenemies.

Cut off from such people.

In recent times, I have cut off many frenemies from my life.

It is helping me now.

I hate pretence.
Re: Help! I Think My Best Friend Is Falling For My Boyfriend by skywalker240(m): 5:22pm On Aug 29, 2021
Women are their worst enemies
Re: Help! I Think My Best Friend Is Falling For My Boyfriend by Nobody: 5:35pm On Aug 29, 2021
Leave her before she ruin you. This is not a friend but enemy
Re: Help! I Think My Best Friend Is Falling For My Boyfriend by Spider20: 7:41pm On Aug 29, 2021
ExploreFeelings:
I don’t know why I have the feeling that my best friend is falling for my boyfriend. I don’t like the idea of it but I can see how she behaves around him. She’s always ignores me when he’s around and always fond of displaying herself for him to see. She wears skimpy clothes when he’s around and talks only about her.

We’ve been friends for more than 3 years but what I have noticed about her is that she’s like dragging for whatever I have. Once I get a new bag, or hair or shoes, she wants exactly the same. Or if people start admiring me, she becomes jealous and start talking down on me. Since we are friends, I act like it is nothing. One time, a guy approached me and started telling me sweet things. And because he didn’t talk to her, she started ignoring me. When I asked her why, she told me because I like acing like I am better than her.

But it is becoming too much, I don’t know why she feels we are in a competition. Now, that I have a boyfriend she also wants to take him away from me. I am beginning to think my friend, if not what else would make her want to take my guy away from me.

She acts strange when he’s around and she insults me all the time in the name of jokes while they both laugh at me. I don’t know if I should end the friendship with her or distance myself from her!
I believe these are some signs of a toxic friendship and I don’t know if I can continue. What do you think?
Abeg getaat
Yeye post angry angry angry angry
Re: Help! I Think My Best Friend Is Falling For My Boyfriend by Danyyyyyyyyyyy: 8:13pm On Aug 29, 2021
ExploreFeelings:

Those are really big red flags , usually I'd expect the bestfriend to be jealous of youknow your bf , that's the pattern , I've never approved of any of my bestfriends exes and I make fun of them instead but not her , and she does the exact same thing every time I start liking someone , luckily for us we have opposite tastes in a lot of things I guess that's why we're not scared of eachother grin
To me it looks like you're in a one sided relationship with her , you can talk about it with her and see what she has to say , after that see if she changes , if she does not , borrow any tailors scissors nearby and CUT HER OUT
I had a friend like that too , I thought I did but turns out I was the only one in the friendship , but you see that thing about insults inside joke clear her about it , but did you not observe her properly before making her your best friend , bestfriend is not by saying we're bestfriends oh , its the actions and the way we carry each other , if she doesn't do anything different from your regular friends then what's making her your bestfriend?
My best and I kept denying that we're bffs throughout highschool , but we literally did everything together , we met in the cutest way too , it was just as we were about to write waec and she stopped coming to school coz of fees that we started to really miss each other , immediately she came back , that's when we both decided we're definetly sisters cool
Re: Help! I Think My Best Friend Is Falling For My Boyfriend by SporaD8: 8:14pm On Aug 29, 2021
ExploreFeelings:

With friends like these...
Re: Help! I Think My Best Friend Is Falling For My Boyfriend by Nobody: 8:49pm On Aug 29, 2021
She is jealous. That's one trait of jealous fellows, they tend to tease you all the time to make others laugh. I have a guy who once did that always, I knew he was jealous.
Re: Help! I Think My Best Friend Is Falling For My Boyfriend by Lamanii22(f): 9:38pm On Aug 29, 2021
Why did you automatically gave her the title "best friend" just after 3yrs of friendship.... What good have she ever done for you...

(1) (Reply)

She Demands For Money Everyday / Hakimi Fake Story Exposed Lol / How Do I Ask This Girl Out?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.