Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,111 members, 7,828,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:16 PM

Who Is The Ogane To The East Of Benin - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Who Is The Ogane To The East Of Benin (4087 Views)

Lady Passes Out, As Masquerades Flog Her In The East (Photos) / Is This Not AROCHUKWU KINGS? Who Is OGANE To The East Of Bini? / Ezelekhae Ewuare: The Crown Prince Of Benin Kingdom Unveiled In Edo (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is The Ogane To The East Of Benin by samuk: 8:05am On Sep 01, 2021
KingOKON:

You want solution but you don't want to know the source, how sensible and analytic

Just Imagine the mindset. The anti Benin in some people on nairaland have actually shot down their reasoning capabilities. They so much enjoy fairytales. I usually smell them from afar, that is why I usually come down hard on them when I chooses to respond to them.

Many of them that know me, usually stay away when they see me in a thread. They now prefer to read quietly from the sidelines. Sometimes, they get carried away and sneaked into a thread to give tacit support to TAO11 and quickly sneaked back out.

You now often see Benin related threads having thousands of views but the active participants will be less than 10 contributors, the majority read quietly.

These guys are not actually out for the purpose of learning but opportunities to bash Benin history.

This particular guy actually created another anti Benin thread in which he accused Benin of revisionism towards Yoruba and Igbo history, his intentions then was to create animosities between the Benin and Yoruba/Igbo alliance but the thread didn't fly because one of the Igbo guys that probably saw his nefarious intentions told him to let those that feel Benin are reversing their history fight for themselves, it died a natural death with just 3 posts, he then created this one.

Without Benin participation on this thread I doubt if it would have gone beyond 1 page.

Sometimes it's good to allow them enjoy their myths and fairytales.
Re: Who Is The Ogane To The East Of Benin by samuk: 8:25am On Sep 01, 2021
Abohboy:
There's been a massive increase in anti igbo and yoruba history being posted on nairaland and the lies perpetuated are normally from the Bini people so this is for all the revisionists of history from Edo State.

Any single thread that is made to rubbish yoruba and or igbo history will be swarmed, debunked and ended so don't even attempt to make anymore

Cc Yoruba and Igbo Nairaland Community

IDENNAA:
The only people that can stop that is the people they are trying to revise their history.

RedboneSmith:
Its a small band of Benin people (3 or 4 of them) with multiple handles, running around on Nairaland, creating the dumbest posts. �
Re: Who Is The Ogane To The East Of Benin by macof(m): 10:34am On Sep 01, 2021
samuk:

Just Imagine the mindset. The anti Benin in some people on nairaland have actually shot down their reasoning capabilities. They so much enjoy fairytales. I usually smell them from afar, that is why I usually come down hard on them when I chooses to respond to them.

Many of them that know me, usually stay away when they see me in a thread. They now prefer to read quietly from the sidelines. Sometimes, they get carried away sneaked into a thread to give tacit support to TAO11 and quickly sneaked back out.

You now often see Benin related threads having thousands of views but the active participants will be less than 10 contributors, the majority read quietly.

These guys are not actually out for the purpose of learning but opportunities to bash Benin history.

This particular guy actually created another anti Benin thread in which he accused Benin of revisionism towards Yoruba and Igbo history, his intentions then was to create animosities between the Benin and Yoruba/Igbo alliance but the thread didn't fly because one of the Igbo guys that probably saw his nefarious intentions told him to let those that feel Benin are reversing their history fight for themselves, it died a natural death with just 3 posts, he then created this one.

Without Benin participation on this thread I doubt if it would have gone beyond 1 page.

You are just making noise

Deal with your people who tell fairytales like this

7 Likes

Re: Who Is The Ogane To The East Of Benin by samuk: 10:55am On Sep 01, 2021
macof:

You are just making noise

Deal with your people who tell fairytales like this

Why do you guys like disgracing yourselves publicly, the photo/image you posted clearly stated it's a legend. Just incase you don't know the meaning of legend, see below.

Meaning of legend:

A traditional story sometimes popularly regarded as historical but not authenticated.
Re: Who Is The Ogane To The East Of Benin by macof(m): 11:16am On Sep 01, 2021
samuk:

Why do you guys like disgracing yourselves publicly, the photo/image you posted clearly started it's a legend. Just incase you don't know the meaning of legend, see below.

Meaning of legend:

A traditional story sometimes popularly regarded as historical but not authenticated.
There's really something off with every single Bini person on this forum in recent times, you guys aren't bright at all.

I specifically liked how the caption read "legend has it" that is the blow in the caption because it implies that it is an important part of Bini "collective memory" culture

Do you tell this or do you not?
Simple as that. The answer is obviously yes - seeing as there is even a statue depicting it. so for you to try to play around one Yoruba legend as if you don't have legends of your own is foolish

7 Likes

Re: Who Is The Ogane To The East Of Benin by samuk: 11:43am On Sep 01, 2021
macof:

There's really something off with every single Bini person on this forum in recent times, you guys aren't bright at all.

I specifically liked how the caption read "legend has it" that is the blow in the caption because it implies that it is an important part of Bini "collective memory" culture

Simple as that. The answer is obviously yes - seeing as there is even a statue depicting it. so for you to try to play around one Yoruba legend as if you don't have legends of your own is foolish

Legends and fairytales are abound in most cultures including European cultures. The difference is some cultures don't try to present the legends as historical facts. The Yoruba in most cases want everyone to believe their fairytales, myths, legends and fables as historical facts.

The photo of the Ooni of Ife claiming that the 4th Ooni lived for 400 years before becoming a deity is being presented as historical fact.

Give it a rest and allow those that felt beaten lick their wounds in peace. The beating may sound like noise to your ears because some of you have no shame or sense of embarrassments, but others do feel the pains.

Those that boasted that they were going to defend Yoruba and Igbo history against Benin are already deflated and feeling small, so give it a rest.
Re: Who Is The Ogane To The East Of Benin by KingOKON: 12:35pm On Sep 01, 2021
macof:

This one must have attended Monsiratu Night School....
Mr comprehend can you comprehend ANYTHING!
Re: Who Is The Ogane To The East Of Benin by macof(m): 12:35pm On Sep 01, 2021
samuk:

Legends and fairytales are abound in most cultures including European cultures. The difference is some cultures don't try to present the legends as historical facts. The Yoruba in most cases want everyone to believe their fairytales, myths, legends and fables as historical facts.

The photo of the Ooni of Ife claiming that the 4th Ooni lived for 400 years before becoming a deity is being presented as historical fact.

Give it a rest and allow those that felt beaten lick their wounds in peace. The beating may sound like noise to your ears because some of you have no shame or sense of embarrassments, but other do feel the pains.

Those that boasted that they were going to defend Yoruba and Igbo history against Benin are already deflated and feeling small, so give it a rest.

There's no distinction between historical fact and folklore in the cultures of this part of the world. The same word is used and each story is held in high regard as part of the people's tradition. There is no word in Bini language that separates "myth" from "legend" and both from "history".
It is left for historians to figure out which story is historical and which isn't

The story of Arhuan (also called Idubor) is told by Binis in the same way the story of his brother Esigie is told.
If you want to tell me now that Bini traditions specifically distinguish between history, legend and myths then the logical implication is that Esigie is not historical because their stories are interwoven.
And that opens up a can of worms because both are supposed to be prominent figures

Sometimes you need to think about the implications of what you are saying and don't try to act more intelligent than you actually are. You are not very bright

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is The Ogane To The East Of Benin by KingOKON: 12:42pm On Sep 01, 2021
samuk:

Many of them that know me, usually stay away when they see me in a thread. They now prefer to read quietly from the sidelines. Sometimes, they get carried away sneaked into a thread to give tacit support to TAO11 and quickly sneaked back out.

SPIRITUAL Logical and mathematical interpretation is what you gonna hear next
Re: Who Is The Ogane To The East Of Benin by samuk: 1:51pm On Sep 01, 2021
KingOKON:

This one must have attended Monsiratu Night School....
Mr comprehend can you comprehend ANYTHING!

grin grin

Yoruba liars are now exasperated because Benin now see their lies for what they are.

Others are masquerading as Igbo and trying to cause problems for Igbo people, when the problems come, they will start claiming to be Ibo and not Igbo.
Re: Who Is The Ogane To The East Of Benin by jellea(m): 12:11am On May 07
After thorough research, it appears that the Portuguese accounts likely referred to Eze NRI rather than Ile Ife. Initially, the narrative specifies that the journey was 20 moons walking days to the East of Benin. This calculation is straightforward; 20 moon days equate to 24 hours multiplied by 20 days. Additionally, considering they wouldn't be walking continuously, an estimated walking day might involve around 10 hours of travel before resting. Thus, the distance covered to the East amounts to 20 days multiplied by 10 hours of walking per day, resulting in approximately 200 km. Confirming this, a check on Google Maps reveals that the walking distance between Benin City and Nri ranges from 197 km to 207 km depending on the chosen route.

Interestingly, the distance from Benin to Ile Ife is also similar. However, Ile Ife is not situated to the East of Benin but rather to the North-West, unlike Nri, which lies exactly to the East of Benin city. Moreover, the article in question focused on a spiritual leader rather than a political figure, drawing comparisons to the Pope. Later European observers noted Nri's spiritual influence over numerous kingdoms, emphasizing their mutual independence rather than subordination to one another. This understanding is widespread in the Anambra region regarding Nri's spiritual sway, characterized by a lack of political conquests and a commitment to maintaining autonomy.

Based on this research, one could conclude that any community practicing Nri culture might be considered part of the Nri kingdom, as in ancient times, they saw themselves as unified under Nri's spiritual leadership.

Lastly, regarding the orientation of maps, it's worth noting that prior to the age of discovery, maps were commonly depicted with South at the top, following the conventions of ancient civilizations like the Egyptians. However, during the European age of discovery, maps were reoriented with North at the top, reflecting the dominance and perspective of European explorers. Through my research, it becomes evident that by this time, the Portuguese were indeed using maps with the North at the top, aligned with the current convention.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The History Of Ikwerre People / Why Is Everything Bad Termed BLACK? / How Many Igbo Dialects Do U Speak And Understand?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.